Nintendo Switch OLED Re-stock Thread

sixspeednissan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
GameStop
White
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-oled-with-white-joy-con/11149258.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Wario64&utm_campaign=2&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=0wLgH49VWzI-Yv3gl8RPfiPdNGuwlmrM6Q
Neon Blue/Red
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch/consoles/products/nintendo-switch-oled-with-blue-and-red-joy-con/11149259.html?condition=New

Best Buy
White
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-oled-model-w-white-joy-con-white/6470923.p?skuId=6470923
Neon Blue/Red
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-switch-oled-model-w-neon-red-neon-blue-joy-con-neon-red-neon-blue/6470924.p?skuId=6470924

B&H
White
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1651115-REG/nintendo_hegskaaaa_switch_oled_model_with.html
Neon Blue/Red
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1651116-REG/nintendo_hegskabaa_switch_oled_model_with.html

Target
White
https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-oled-model-with-white-joy-con/-/A-83887639

Neon Blue/Red

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-oled-model-with-neon-red-38-neon-blue-joy-con/-/A-83887640

Amazon

White

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-White-Joy/dp/B098RKWHHZ/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=switch+oled&qid=1635374309&qsid=140-0007353-8667779&sr=8-7&sres=B09F9Y884N%2CB09HL18GFF%2CB09JMN23X3%2CB09JSJ2M38%2CB098RKWHHZ%2CB098RL6SBJ%2CB09B1L53CB%2CB09B4MJ9H3%2CB084DDDNRP%2CB095R5BK6F%2CB09FL8Q6VJ%2CB09HGD739N%2CB09CPTX6NT%2CB09C5RTFRM%2CB099WGZPNS%2CB09CPDPD6V

Neon Blue/Red

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-Neon-Joy/dp/B098RL6SBJ/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=switch+oled&qid=1635374309&qsid=140-0007353-8667779&sr=8-8&sres=B09F9Y884N%2CB09HL18GFF%2CB09JMN23X3%2CB09JSJ2M38%2CB098RKWHHZ%2CB098RL6SBJ%2CB09B1L53CB%2CB09B4MJ9H3%2CB084DDDNRP%2CB095R5BK6F%2CB09FL8Q6VJ%2CB09HGD739N%2CB09CPTX6NT%2CB09C5RTFRM%2CB099WGZPNS%2CB09CPDPD6V

Walmart

White

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-w-White-Joy-Con/910582148

Neon Blue/Red

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-OLED-Model-w-Neon-Red-Neon-Blue-Joy-Con/787152679

Nintendo Official Store

White

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-oled-model-white-set.html

Neon Blue/Red

https://store.nintendo.com/nintendo-switch-oled-model-neon-blue-neon-red-set.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The v2 is basically permanently docked.

I figure the main upgrade to the OLED is playing it undocked, which is what I do in bed before I go to sleep.

Partly I just want to buy something shiny and new. 😀

My series x maybe has 30 hours of playtime on it and I’ve had it since Jan. I am not a smart man.

The v2 is basically permanently docked.

I figure the main upgrade to the OLED is playing it undocked, which is what I do in bed before I go to sleep.

Partly I just want to buy something shiny and new.

My series x maybe has 30 hours of playtime on it and I’ve had it since Jan. I am not a smart man.
You sound like a fool.....I say this while waiting for walmart to ship my oled switch. So I can put my boxy pixel aluminum joycons on it so it can sit next to my my ps5 (I hardly play with dark plates and a 2tb nvme drive in it) and my series X ( I play a bit more) while I also wait for my 20th anniversary series x controller and duke Cortana controller that will just sit on my shelf....... I wont even go into the analogue consoles.........and the fact i want an xbox mini fridge...... :fridge:

How is the OLED in terms of weight? I noticed the specs say slightly heavier than the original. Is it noticeable?

I got a switch lite because I wanted ultra portable. But I’m thinking of trading switch lite towards an OLED and keep my v2.
When I first picked it up I did feel the extra weight, but I'd say over time it is hardly noticeable compared to the original. Compared to the lite though I think it would be quite a bit more noticeable big that's how you typically play handheld. I feel like once I'm able to get the Satisfye grid for the OLED it will be an awesome handheld experience with the new screen.

I'll be returning mine. It's got a very disgusting green smear on the left side, it's very distracting when playing resident evil.

Checked another friend's switch and he also has it but not as bad.

The OLED makes me want to play in handheld even more. Before, I preferred my TV's quality but now it's just a joy to use. 

How is the OLED in terms of weight? I noticed the specs say slightly heavier than the original. Is it noticeable?

I got a switch lite because I wanted ultra portable. But I’m thinking of trading switch lite towards an OLED and keep my v2.
Oled is about 15-20 grams heavier than v2 seen a review where they weighed it

Wonder if Walmart is just gonna cancel the $300 OLED Switches they sold since they clearly f'ed up and I'm sure they are losing money on them.  Probably some artificial "delay".

My arm hasn't hurt this bad since that time that i played wii bowling for the first time in 2 years

Got my white OLED from Amazon and it's so beautiful! I don't really notice the weight difference. In fact, it feels a tad lighter to me, probably because it's a little thinner so that's like playing tricks on my brain. Since I'm upgrading from a launch Switch, I'm just blown away by the bigger screen and better battery life. I totally forgot the dock was white (even though it was right on the box, I guess my excitement just blinded me) and it's so pretty, though I need to make sure it doesn't get dirty or faded. I can't wait to really put some time into it!

I was able to get the full $260 trade-in credit for my old Switch at Gamestop, despite the left joy-con drifting a bit before I left home to go to the store. I was praying so hard it wouldn't drift when the girl was testing it! I really hope these new joy-con with the OLED models are better, but I'm not holding my breath. I also canceled my back-up order with Best Buy, so hopefully that pops up for order on the site and a scalper doesn't get it.

I'm a little sad about selling my launch Switch. Like, I don't need it anymore and I'd prefer the credit, but I loved it so much. It's nice to have a brand new model, though. I'll love it as much as I loved the old one

Wonder if Walmart is just gonna cancel the $300 OLED Switches they sold since they clearly f'ed up and I'm sure they are losing money on them. Probably some artificial "delay".
FWIW, they haven't shipped my full price white one that was supposedly going to be delivered today. Good chance you might still be getting yours (also fuck you for making the lucky choice on the color that ended up having the random price drop LOL).

So, because I'm the biggest dumbass on the planet, I failed to install all 3 of the glass screen protectors I got onto my OLED without getting them dusty and dirty. Luckily, I got the amFilm ones, meaning I was able to claim a free replacement via the warranty. Once I receive those, I'll probably just get Best Buy to install the protector for me. I'm just so bad at applying these hellish things. Who knows how I've made it this far in life with my level of incompetence.

Anyway, while I await the replacements, anyone have any methods on how to protect my Switch from dock scratches? I know that's possibly a myth, but I don't want to take any chances.

So, because I'm the biggest dumbass on the planet, I failed to install all 3 of the glass screen protectors I got onto my OLED without getting them dusty and dirty. Luckily, I got the amFilm ones, meaning I was able to claim a free replacement via the warranty. Once I receive those, I'll probably just get Best Buy to install the protector for me. I'm just so bad at applying these hellish things. Who knows how I've made it this far in life with my level of incompetence.

Anyway, while I await the replacements, anyone have any methods on how to protect my Switch from dock scratches? I know that's possibly a myth, but I don't want to take any chances.
It sounds weird but installing it in the bathroom with a hot shower running makes it way easier.

It sounds weird but installing it in the bathroom with a hot shower running makes it way easier.
Tried that, but the steamy bathroom was no match for my sheer ineptitude. I'll probably try to apply it myself when I get the replacement since it's a three-pack, but if I mess up the first one, I should just get someone else to do it for me.

Tried that, but the steamy bathroom was no match for my sheer ineptitude. I'll probably try to apply it myself when I get the replacement since it's a three-pack, but if I mess up the first one, I should just get someone else to do it for me.
Yeah usually if I mess up the first one I use it to try to take all the dust off of the system and to try to attach dust in the air to it and quickly put the second one on. But you are not alone! These things can be tricky as hell.

So, because I'm the biggest dumbass on the planet, I failed to install all 3 of the glass screen protectors I got onto my OLED without getting them dusty and dirty. Luckily, I got the amFilm ones, meaning I was able to claim a free replacement via the warranty. Once I receive those, I'll probably just get Best Buy to install the protector for me. I'm just so bad at applying these hellish things. Who knows how I've made it this far in life with my level of incompetence.

Are you using the hinge method to apply it? Because that's the easiest way of application. Sucks that switch OLED protectors don't come with guide frames (like phone protectors do) because that's an easier method that almost takes no effort to apply perfectly. Check this video for the hinge method:

https://youtu.be/1U3byIjQ5tQ

BTW some regular switch protectors come with a guide frame but I think they're more expensive and not as common. But I couldn't find any for the OLED. You're far less likely to get dust with the frame method, but the hinge method is still pretty good

Are you using the hinge method to apply it? Because that's the easiest way of application. Sucks that switch OLED protectors don't come with guide frames (like phone protectors do) because that's an easier method that almost takes no effort to apply perfectly. Check this video for the hinge method:

https://youtu.be/1U3byIjQ5tQ

BTW some regular switch protectors come with a guide frame but I think they're more expensive and not as common. But I couldn't find any for the OLED. You're far less likely to get dust with the frame method, but the hinge method is still pretty good
Can't speak for the quality, though I've yet to purchase a screen protector I had an issue with, I ordered these the other day while waiting for my Walmart preorder to move: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B4MJ9H3/

I drape a microfiber cloth over the front of the dock so if the Switch makes contact with anything on the front side, it shouldn't damage the screen.

I installed my old Orzly protector. It's not perfect, but works surprisingly well. The only issue is the cutout for the light sensor is very slightly over the screen as opposed to the bezel, and with the right display conditions, you can see a little bit of distortion from the edge of the glass. It's really not that bad though, and especially since I already had the second protector.

Thanks for the advice, everyone (and for not making fun of me lol). I'm usually much better at this, but I've been going through a lot of stress lately that's been making me really high-strung and anxious, so that probably didn't help when I was trying to do something as delicate as apply a screen protector. I got approved for my replacements so, until those come in, I'm just covering the screen side of the dock with that soft baggie thing it was packaged in. It's working well so far.

Played some Metroid Dread handheld last night and it was soooooooooo fun. I've tried it on both the TV and handheld and I definitely prefer handheld for these kinds of games. The satisfaction of finally bypassing a super-hard sequence in Dread is second to none. I can't wait to play some Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Shin Megami Tensei V, and maybe even Animal Crossing (again) handheld!

My OLED from Target hasn't moved for almost 48 hours. Target now estimate arrival on Thursday which feels very unlikely and FedEx doesn't even have a delivery date any more. I'll be surprised if I manage to get it before the GameStop switch/lite trade bonus ends.

I have to remember to pay for upgraded shipping in the future ...

GameStop threads would be a better destination for that question, but I'm not sure if the promo is still going on. It's an unlisted and unadvertised thing.

Its +$40 credit for the switch and +$25 credit for the lite, but this only applies for store credit and you probably have to be a Pro member too (Pro gives you an additional $10% on the pre-bumped trade value)
This is correct. GS has been doing a poor job disclosing promotion details lately, so it's pretty much hearing confirmation from other cags each day. I think the bonus on consoles is still live, as far as I've heard.

Got mine from Best Buy, screen is crazy. Downloaded most my eshop games just waiting on it to charge.

Just got a $15 Walmart credit for asking them what's up with the delay lol.

Going to just check in with them daily at this point.

Just got a $15 Walmart credit for asking them what's up with the delay lol.

Going to just check in with them daily at this point.
Nice! They just told me there was a processing error they can't fix. I can cancel or wait and see if it ships. Basically told me to kick rocks.

My Target order that “shipped” on Friday has shown nothing but “label created” since then, though I signed into UPS today and in the details it says it’s coming from Target Home Delivery. Anyone have any experience with that? They claim it will arrive today. I kinda doubt it. Especially since the home drivers store is in Virginia and I live in New York State.

Have to say going from v1 with my 90 minute battery life to this is crazy. The kickstand is useable . The oled gorgeous….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meh my oled white switch from target looks like UPS spiked the box down at some point as the bottom corner of the shipping box is crushed. The corner of the switch box has some damage as well so I am not sure I want to open it due to potential issues from the impact.

meh my oled white switch from target looks like UPS spiked the box down at some point as the bottom corner of the shipping box is crushed. The corner of the switch box has some damage as well so I am not sure I want to open it due to potential issues from the impact.
The switch is located on the bottom of the box with not much protection compared to the bubble wrapped dock. I think u can still open it n check it without making it seem like u opened it. You should be able to return it either way I’d say

The switch is located on the bottom of the box with not much protection compared to the bubble wrapped dock. I think u can still open it n check it without making it seem like u opened it. You should be able to return it either way I’d say
yeah, I can check for cosmetic issues but I was more concerned about potential hardware issues later on.

Do the boxes have the serial number on them? Wondering if you bought two could you return the one from another store or do I need to note which came from where..?

Do the boxes have the serial number on them? Wondering if you bought two could you return the one from another store or do I need to note which came from where..?
Pretty much. There's a cutout in the outer box to expose the sn barcode on the inner packaging. All major retailers track sn at this point.

the INNER box has the serial number on it. The outer box has a little cut out window to view the serial number. So you could actually swap inner boxes if you wanted to keep a different outer box because it was in better condition or something. They are not sealed. Like one that was going to be delivered to you later.

Also many retailers do not track serial numbers on the receipt. The S/N should be on there in ink if they do. So you should be able to return an identical UPC unit on a separate receipt.

the INNER box has the serial number on it. The outer box has a little cut out window to view the serial number. So you could actually swap inner boxes if you wanted to keep a different outer box because it was in better condition or something. Like one that was going to be delivered to you later.

Also most retailers do not track serial numbers on the receipt. It would be on there in ink if they did. So you should be able to return an identical UPC unit on a separate receipt.
Ok. Just trying to weigh options if I wind up with a green screen or trashed package from a shipping mishap.

Thanks

Just got mine and it's dusty as hell. Used all my Amfilm wet and dry wipes and still couldn't get all the dust off an no clean microfiber cloths around. Guess I'll be waiting another day before applying the protector.

bread's done
Back