Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

use this as the avatar...

4uAtZuY.jpg

I'd delete my account if I had to make this my avatar, but that's just me
Ha ha ha, love it. I'm game if he is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's have a bet. If Nintendo releases a dedicated portable handheld with its own exclusive library (not a Switch mini) in the next three years, I'll have a My Litte Pony avatar of your choosing for a year here on cheapassgamer. If three years pass and there's no dedicated handheld, you have to have the MLP avatar for a year.

Are you ready to put your money where your mouth is?
That's a cool bet, how can we get some side action going? LOL

I honestly don't know which way I would personally bet, as I think either outcome is possible, it just depends on the NS as is, and how well it does. Just based on the unifying of their resources, I would lean more to an NS version, but if things go south, I could see an entirely different device happening that is completely different.

Based on the info as of today, I'm leaning about 90% in the NS mini, or whatever it may be down the road.

I can't believe there are still people who think Nintendo will release a dedicated portable with an exclusive library when so many higher-ups at Nintendo have said having two platforms to support is one of the reasons why there have been software droughts, and that they wouldn't have that same problem with the Switch. What do you think that means? It's people like you who haven't been paying attention if you can't read between the lines.

The writing is on the wall. Even look at most of the titles the 3DS has been getting lately, and what's on horizon for it: Super Mario Maker. Poochy and Yoshi's Woolly World. Fire Emblem: Warriors. What do they have in common? They are all downported games. Nintendo doesn't want to develop exclusively for the 3DS anymore.

While a Switch mini will most likely come out in a couple of years, there won't be a dedicated handheld from Nintendo with its own library, unless the Switch is a total dud and they have to scramble to release something fast. Otherwise the Switch is it. Their own comments should be enough of a sign. Plus common sense should tell you that it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to have two portables competing against each other. Because of the end of the day the Switch is a portable as well, whether you want to admit it or not.
Has Nintendo said that? If they have, they're wrong. Nintendo isn't the only developer making games for the 3DS. It has phenomenal 3rd party support, something their last console and at the moment Switch are currently lacking. Hard. Even if Nintendo themselves stopped making 3DS games, third party companies would continue to keep it alive for years to come.

The fact that people are paying far above MSRP for a 3DS on the second hand market shows that there is still absolutely a demand for it. The Switch and its lackluster first year library (at least for now) isn't going to make people forget about the 3DS.

The fact that people are paying far above MSRP for a 3DS on the second hand market shows that there is still absolutely a demand for it. The Switch and its lackluster first year library (at least for now) isn't going to make people forget about the 3DS.
Yeah, I honestly think a 3DS replacement would have been the more sound idea, but that's just me.

I honestly don't know which way I would personally bet, as I think either outcome is possible, it just depends on the NS as is, and how well it does. Just based on the unifying of their resources, I would lean more to an NS version, but if things go south, I could see an entirely different device happening that is completely different.

Based on the info as of today, I'm leaning about 90% in the NS mini, or whatever it may be down the road.
I want in on that side action! I'm not sure where my bet is yet but I'm leaning towards a 3DS successor. What should we bet? XD

I just Googled "weird My Little Pony pictures" and found the worse one possible

That shit ain't going anywhere near my hard drive lol

Anyone else NOT going to use a screen protector? I don't use one on my phone so I don't feel like I need one for my Switch if I'll have a carrying case.

Anyone else NOT going to use a screen protector? I don't use one on my phone so I don't feel like I need one for my Switch if I'll have a carrying case.
The cheapest I've seen is the official screen protection kit for $7.99

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Switch-Official-Screen-Protection-Kit/dp/B01N5P86A7/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486781176&sr=8-2&keywords=switch+screen+protector

I'm going to buy one just because it's cheap enough for me to protect my new purchase along with my laptop cords inside my back.

I'd rather see something like an OtterBox Case come out for the Switch in the future through.

Yeah, the only way I see Nintendo making a dedicated handheld is if the Switch completely bombs. Otherwise I'm pretty damn sure they won't. And since I don't think the Switch will be a dud, I'm willing to take the risk of having that pony as my avatar.

I recommend screen protectors to any and everyone, as they are a rather small investment, that can prevent HUGE issues. If you ever wipe your screen for any reason, as long as there is dust present, it is making fine lines(scratches). They may not be visible to some, but they are there.

Anytime I buy a device, I have the SP ready to go, and the only thing I'll do before hand is check the functionality of the device, and once I know everything works, the SP goes on ASAP! Every cell phone I've ever had, has had one, as my phone takes a decent beating going in and out of pockets, and once I buy a new phone, I remove the protector, the phone is like new, and I sale it for top dollar.

If a person doesn't really care about imperfections, or just average wear and tear, you probably don't need one, but for anyone who wants to keep their investment in the best condition possible, buy a screen protector. And for those of you who want the ultimate protection, I recommend the full body wet install protectors from places like Skinomi, as those are the best, but require a decent amount of skill to apply, but work the best overall. I haven't used those "glass" ones yet, but I hear good things.

I notice screen protectors more than these minuscule scratches. I've gone through like 3 smart phones with no screen protectors and have never noticed any sort of scratch on the screen. Just my smudgy fingerprints :p

I don't use screen protectors on anything
I don't use screen protectors on anything and have never had issues

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Same here. I like it raw.
Let's all start a rough and tumble street gang. We'll stand on street corners playing our Switches together in leather jackets, no screen protectors. When people pass by we can whip it our shivs and lightly graze the screen and laugh.

I don't use screen protectors on phones, but I use them on Laptops/Tablets/Game Consoles.

Had one too many random incidents that weren't even my fault that could have ended with a scratched/scuffed screen. Rather pay the extra $10-$20 than look at a scuffed screen for the duration I own a device. The only reason I wouldn't use it on a device is because the protector actively impedes the touch functions. (I have a Wacom drawing tablet/computer that I cannot use one on because it screws up the sensitivity/tracking)

People rarely keep a phone two years, and there are plenty with new and snes still. I think it's smart to put a screen protector on it for sure. 

I will indeed use a screen protector. No way do I want to buy another one of these because I dropped it and broke or someone bumped into me. Things happen. Seen it plenty with phones alone or how beat up my screen protectors get on my fit bit blaze.

I also don't think they're going to release another hand held if switch does well. What sense does it make being able to play better quality games on the go. Battery life is about mid range for something like this and if you have a battery charger its a non issue. Yes sucks to buy I know but for the small investment I will gladly buy one to play better games. All bets are off though if the switch doesn't do well. I've seen countless things hinting toward all of their development resources going towards games for switch and rightfully so. The 3DS has had a long lengthy run and this is technology were talking about here. The 3DS is ancient now and hitting walls when it comes to resources for games. You can't even play some of these 3DS games at all or reliably on some of these #DS units out there without getting some of the newer versions. It's starting to show its age and thats ok. It had a fantastic run and I hope some of that carries over to the switch. I want pretty Mario games like Odyssey versus anything on the 3DS not that they were fine games but in terms of looks and content I'm looking forward that. Playing on the tv is just a bonus at that point. 

This crap isn't related to the Switch Bomberman game right? What the hell Konami

Edit: slightly NSFW

OmdeQPf.jpg

I recommend screen protectors to any and everyone, as they are a rather small investment, that can prevent HUGE issues. If you ever wipe your screen for any reason, as long as there is dust present, it is making fine lines(scratches). They may not be visible to some, but they are there.

Anytime I buy a device, I have the SP ready to go, and the only thing I'll do before hand is check the functionality of the device, and once I know everything works, the SP goes on ASAP! Every cell phone I've ever had, has had one, as my phone takes a decent beating going in and out of pockets, and once I buy a new phone, I remove the protector, the phone is like new, and I sale it for top dollar.

If a person doesn't really care about imperfections, or just average wear and tear, you probably don't need one, but for anyone who wants to keep their investment in the best condition possible, buy a screen protector. And for those of you who want the ultimate protection, I recommend the full body wet install protectors from places like Skinomi, as those are the best, but require a decent amount of skill to apply, but work the best overall. I haven't used those "glass" ones yet, but I hear good things.
always gotta type a goddamn essay.

Kinda interesting when I was looking at release list for systems today that the vita has more games listed this year than the 3ds so far.

Kinda interesting when I was looking at release list for systems today that the vita has more games listed this year than the 3ds so far.
It's been like that for awhile now. Outside of a handful of announced games, and maybe a few we haven't heard of yet, the 3DS is on the way out in regards to new releases.

The vita is such a great system. I wonder if it really is a failure considering all the software that's pushed on it, I'm sure all that software rakes in a decent amount of money for Sony.

Man they are REALLY pushing this "Chance to pre-order a switch" crap

KYCoYQd.png

Come on in, try your luck at winning a chance to give us money.. we promise you'll get your item someday!

It's now officially on their Power-Up Rewards Pro Day website.. as one of the day's big events

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/proday

always gotta type a goddamn essay.
Always gotta be an ass towards others online. Why the hell are you even here, anyway? You've made your point numerous times that you're not interested in the Switch. You've even talked smack about Mario Odyssey. The system clearly isn't for you. So why waste your time in message board about the Switch? Are you that bored? Or are you just trolling?

The vita is such a great system. I wonder if it really is a failure considering all the software that's pushed on it, I'm sure all that software rakes in a decent amount of money for Sony.
It sold slightly more systems than the Wii U did, and all of those games for the past few years are niche anime games. Now I have played me some anime games, but their appeal is very small. I also bet these vita games are ridiculously inexpensive to make comparatively. If internet sales numbers are to be believed, selling over 150k copies in Japan is a big success. (Yes there have been digital indie game ports too)

Failure is all in how in you want to define it. Vita has been a perfect place for those types of games this late in its life. I expect the Switch will take over that market in 18 or so months, but who knows.

It sold slightly more systems than the Wii U did, and all of those games for the past few years are niche anime games. Now I have played me some anime games, but their appeal is very small. I also bet these vita games are ridiculously inexpensive to make comparatively. If internet sales numbers are to be believed, selling over 150k copies in Japan is a big success. (Yes there have been digital indie game ports too)

Failure is all in how in you want to define it. Vita has been a perfect place for those types of games this late in its life. I expect the Switch will take over that market in 18 or so months, but who knows.
When that happen Nintendo dead.

So you guys that got an email from BB saying that Binding of Issac was pushed back a week...Amazon just sent me an email saying the release was pushed back to 01/01/18 -_-. I know the BB one is more accurate, but damn!

That can be said about GameStop every day they're open.
LOL, so true.

When I run errands around town each week, I always check their site for cheap Vita titles at local stores, and then I stop at locations while I'm out, and try to get complete copies. I stopped by 4 stores last week, and 3 of the 4 had the games I was looking for, but none where complete. Just the game in a generic case, so "wasting ones time" at GS, is true more often than not, at least for me.

So you guys that got an email from BB saying that Binding of Issac was pushed back a week...Amazon just sent me an email saying the release was pushed back to 01/01/18 -_-. I know the BB one is more accurate, but damn!
I got the same email from amazon. According the Nintendo Switch subreddit the creator of the game is still under the impression it's a launch title so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some chores that need taken care of around the house.  Come on by and get to work!  

ONE lucky person will have a chance to win a chance to pre-order the hawt Nintendo Switch.  

Disclaimer:  I do not have any available pre-orders, but I do have info that may prove useful when trying to obtain one.  :D/

bread's done
Back