Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Let's not delve into a 10 page argument about the "joycon sync" issue please. Take that shit to gamefaqs if you want to tinfoil hat pretending it's not fixable. Nintendo is aware of it and a day 1 patch is coming. It won't affect us just early reviewers who are playing with unpatched consoles and games. Also for point of reference both the 360 and XBOX ONE had similar issues and a patch sorted it out rather quickly. 

Also Blunty of all people put up a video on youtube explaining the actual cause of it not speculation.

You're speculating the day one patch will fix it. You have no evidence it will so as of now it's a pretty big issue sorry.

The day one patch is said to add eshop and Online features.

Last edited by a moderator:
What hasn't been an issue for you exactly? You've made complains on just about everything.. :whistle2:
Sorry I don't praise everything Nintendo does but how about we stick to the actual topic instead of making personal attacks.

This is a pretty serious issue that hopefully can be patched but as of now Nintendo has not addressed it.

But if it makes you feel better I'm getting a switch at launch and a master edition of zelda.

Let's not delve into a 10 page argument about the "joycon sync" issue please. Take that shit to gamefaqs if you want to tinfoil hat pretending it's not fixable. Nintendo is aware of it and a day 1 patch is coming. It won't affect us just early reviewers who are playing with unpatched consoles and games. Also for point of reference both the 360 and XBOX ONE had similar issues and a patch sorted it out rather quickly.

Also Blunty of all people put up a video on youtube explaining the actual cause of it not speculation.
Can you site where you found that this will be fixed with the Day 1 patch? Please link since you seem pretty sure.

Nice source :roll:

Neomonk's asspull aside I really do hope they fix it.

Sorry, but this is you right now.

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

Sorry I don't praise everything Nintendo does but how about we stick to the actual topic instead of making personal attacks.

This is a pretty serious issue that hopefully can be patched but as of now Nintendo has not addressed it.

But if it makes you feel better I'm getting a switch at launch and a master edition of zelda.
While I just joined this conversation, I agree this is a huge problem.

I've haven't seen anything about Nintendo fixing it on day one yet either.

You shouldn't praise a game company completely when you find a problem with the product.

If it's broke, you either fix it or replace it.

I wonder if no one really notice because of the joy-con grip? Does it make the signal stronger?

While I just joined this conversation, I agree this is a huge problem.

I've haven't seen anything about Nintendo fixing it on day one yet either.
You shouldn't praise a game company completely when you find a problem with the product.

If it's broke, you either fix it or replace it.

I wonder if no one really notice because of the joy-con grip? Does it make the signal stronger?
The issue has also been happening while using the grip.

QOh7XFz.jpg

Before any "Who?" replies. He's worked with the Treehouse guys before. They are his source.

Go ahead and get into an argument about it, a week from now noone will remember this.

Sorry for trying to be the only voice of reason.  :whistle2:

Yea, sorry, this is a fairly huge issue. This is like Wii Sensor bar kind of responsiveness. Assuming they can even fix something like this firmware, which is not even guaranteed.

GWCsT3z.jpg

Go ahead and get into an argument about it, a week from now noone will remember this.

Sorry for being the only voice of reason. :whistle2:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5vucmn/rumor_the_joycon_syncing_issue_will_be_fixed/

This is also title a rumor on reddit as of now.

Random source of information is consider a rumor till proven real.

It's obvious to guess Nintendo would comment and fix the problem, it isn't hard to make predictions.

I'm sure it will be fine by the end of the day.

I don't know how that fits in your ear, but you can try.

In all seriousness, I'd be very surprised they can fix this with just a firmware patch. This is more indicative of the joy-cons transmitting at too low a power. There's almost no chance they add a pair of controllers with adjustable transmit powers on something that small, cheap, and rudimentary.

"Working on it" and aware of it doesn't mean they can fix it.

Edit 2: They can likely make it less noticeable through firmware in normal play, but the underlying issue will be there. If your dog or a person walks pass you at a wrong time, there's probably no chance of remedying that. Outside of killing your dog.

The "fix" is a rumor at this point, as "N" has not addressed this issue one way or another. What I do know, is that they sent these units to press for reviews, so if this issue was known, or not known, this is a major  fuck up.

If they knew about it and planned to fix it later, they should not have sent a "broken" device to the press for review purposes. If they didn't know about this issue, why didn't they know?

It is what it is, they will address it, or they won't, some here may have problems, some may not. I agree, this probably doesn't need to go on much more than this, as it's clear this is an issue, but if it can or can't be fixed easily, remains to be seen.........To be continued?

QOh7XFz.jpg

Before any "Who?" replies. He's worked with the Treehouse guys before. They are his source.

Sorry for trying to be the only voice of reason. :whistle2:
As long as that's the case, I agree no one will care afterwards when it's in our hands. Just hope it's a fixable issue. I want to give Nintendo my money.

Let's just say I'm working on a strategy for that milking mini-game.
Making kissy faces while doing it is not a strategy!

As long as that's the case, I agree no one will care afterwards when it's in our hands. Just hope it's a fixable issue. I want to give Nintendo my money.
It should be, signal strength issue. They will most likely amplify it at the cost of battery life.

It's been done before.

Like the Wii remotes slipping out of your hand on rare occasions and the free wiimote covers sent out to everyone who asked or the free nes repair pieces in the mid 2000's. This is Nintendo if it can't be fixed those early adopters will get replacements, end of story.

I already said who he is on my original post, seems to me you guys didn't care to read it because you were too busy writing up rebuttals  :whistle2:k

I already said who he is on my original post, seems to me you guys didn't care to read it because you were too busy writing up rebuttals :whistle2:k
You edited at least one of those posts but whatever makes you feel like you are somehow winning a discussion about a serious design flaw...go ahead.

You edited at least one of those posts but whatever makes you feel like you are somehow winning a discussion about a serious design flaw...go ahead.
Since when did telling people to "calm down this will be fixed before you even touch your console" become about winning or losing? :whistle2:k

All you said is "he worked with treehouse" but I still have no idea who he is exactly.

And Gizmo I know you live to troll but come on, if left unpatched its a pretty big design flaw.

Just watched the Blunty video. Basically says humans are made up of water, and too much water blocks bluetooth signal? If this is true, I can't imagine the Switch review getting anything higher than a 7.8 on IGN.

/cough

57114653.jpg

Well, he was fired from GS for his bad reviews... I never really read his reviews because I wasn't a fan of GS nor IGN.
You should read up on that whole story now that he is able to talk about it. Way more going on than just a "bad review".

Quick and incomplete version - New management at GS, didn't know how to handle the usual publisher pressure, other weird stuff that I forget.

So he's like Jim Sterling and Colin Moriarty. These people like being asses just for the sake of it.
No, no, no. He is nothing like those two. Funny this comes up as he talked about (now) youtube personalities and exaggeration in a recent video. Yes, Jeff plays stuff up at times for comedic effect, but to say he is a Jim Sterling is an insult to Jeff. Jeff is Jeff, Jim is some weird character that he has created over the years. I think Jeff has always had slightly off the mainstream game opinions, and now he is just old and has seen it all. Kind of jaded might describe him better.

You should read up on that whole story now that he is able to talk about it. Way more going on than just a "bad review".

Quick and incomplete version - New management at GS, didn't know how to handle the usual publisher pressure, other weird stuff that I forget.
Yeah, the new management went nuts - but Gerstmann did have a habit of being somewhat unprofessional with the critique and being overly harsh. That's fine if you are running a blog or a YouTube channel, but they are a major gaming news outlet and he tended to act like an asshole in bad reviews.

The bad side is that management handled it completely the wrong way. If they were concerned with his output, doing it right after he drops a review for a major ad partner is NOT the time. Even if it is on the up and up, it will never look that way. The review probably shouldn't have been put up in that form, that's an editorial failure though. And if they were unhappy with his reviews, they needed to handle that when it didn't look like they had major ad revenue on the line.

pls upboat  like my post the memers on twitter told me melee is coming to the Nintendo switch

Ignore the username it isn't me 

https://twitter.com/KeeperOfWind/status/834965548555468800

No, no, no. He is nothing like those two. Funny this comes up as he talked about (now) youtube personalities and exaggeration in a recent video. Yes, Jeff plays stuff up at times for comedic effect, but to say he is a Jim Sterling is an insult to Jeff. Jeff is Jeff, Jim is some weird character that he has created over the years. I think Jeff has always had slightly off the mainstream game opinions, and now he is just old and has seen it all. Kind of jaded might describe him better.
When you guys are talking about Jeff this is all I can think of.

wpupiCMg.png

Yeah, the new management went nuts - but Gerstmann did have a habit of being somewhat unprofessional with the critique and being overly harsh. That's fine if you are running a blog or a YouTube channel, but they are a major gaming news outlet and he tended to act like an asshole in bad reviews.

The bad side is that management handled it completely the wrong way. If they were concerned with his output, doing it right after he drops a review for a major ad partner is NOT the time. Even if it is on the up and up, it will never look that way. The review probably shouldn't have been put up in that form, that's an editorial failure though. And if they were unhappy with his reviews, they needed to handle that when it didn't look like they had major ad revenue on the line.
Yes, Jeff was an asshole. In fact, that also came up in a video last week when talking about a review of Doom 64. He admitted that the words he used were poor, but stands by the score he gave. The weird thing about gaming personalities today is that you really have to know their tastes for "reviews" to really mean anything. His changing philosophy of reviews over 20 years is an interesting listen.

When you guys are talking about Jeff this is all I can think of.
To be fair, that was Dan's idea. I have tried the cheese oreo myself. It is not that bad.

So about those joy cons... This looks pretty bad, but not surprising. Even my LG V20 will limit wifi reception if my hand is between the phone and the access point. Wireless sucks. I hope those rumors of power boosting are true.

This place is as bad as neogaf at times. It'll be fucking fine. Most of the people bitching are those that didn't even pre order or are waiting. That's fine, it'll make it easier to nab a spare with my extra GameStop credit while you twats all cry.

pls upboat like my post the memers on twitter told me melee is coming to the Nintendo switch

Ignore the username it isn't me

https://twitter.com/KeeperOfWind/status/834965548555468800
Damn, that drawing is racist as fuck. That doesn't even look anything like Ness. Not all white people are pink-skinned, you know. :nottalking:

If you dont really know who he is just say that. Its fine lol.
So you went from saying you didn't know who he was (even though you were told) to pretending I don't... :whistle2:k

& This ladies and gentlemen is how you get 10 pages of worthless finger pointing & bickering.

So you went from saying you didn't know who he was (even though you were told) to pretending I don't... :whistle2:k

& This ladies and gentlemen is how you get 10 pages of worthless finger pointing & bickering.
You just said you didn't know who he was other than he worked with the tree house people at some point....

You seem to be the one bickering on finger pointing for whatever reason.

bread's done
Back