Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

The Switch hardware looks really slick.  So compact.  AT this point, it really looks like it will be  the best hardware Nintendo has made.  

I felt like the Wii U and 3ds  went sideways in the hardware dept.   Their hardware design didn't really progress in an era where mobile and computer hardware progressed very quickly into much sleeker form factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Nintendo is basically becoming a tablet gaming company now.  With lesser graphics of course, but plenty of sweet tablet joystick/controller peripherals to buy.  Lots of people are excited!  

Those specs are pretty weak in the leak.  I kinda wanna just get BOTW on my wii u and be done with nintendo because the portable stuff doesn't interest me in the least.

Those specs are pretty weak in the leak. I kinda wanna just get BOTW on my wii u and be done with nintendo because the portable stuff doesn't interest me in the least.
I keep telling myself i don't need this, yet, for some reason, i cant get myself to cancel the preorder.

giphy.gif

Those specs are pretty weak in the leak. I kinda wanna just get BOTW on my wii u and be done with nintendo because the portable stuff doesn't interest me in the least.
Curious, what about all of the none portable stuff you can do with the switch? I don't plan on using the portable mode much if at all as I've always wanted to play 3ds (aka portable) games on a TV.

Curious, what about all of the none portable stuff you can do with the switch? I don't plan on using the portable mode much if at all as I've always wanted to play 3ds (aka portable) games on a TV.
Mario is basically the main selling point for me.

The only thing making me hold onto my preorder at this point is that I don't want to lose the extra 75 gamestop credit from trading in my Wii U.
How much did you get total at GameStop? I got $172 on Amazon. Didn't want to deal with GameStop.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How much did you get total at GameStop? I got $172 on Amazon. Didn't want to deal with GameStop.

The deal was $195 for Pro members, $170 (I think...) for non-Pro. I flipped a pawn shop Wii U which cost me $155 and traded in an old 3DS for $120 to pay off all but about $5 of my preorder.

I remember all this because I was having a shitty day up until then, and the thought of getting a Switch for roughly $160 out of pocket cheered me up!

The only thing making me hold onto my preorder at this point is that I don't want to lose the extra 75 gamestop credit from trading in my Wii U.
You don't need to keep your money towards the switch. Promo value has already been credited to you. There is nothing locking you into buying the switch. Might get an asshole employee, but you can always buy it then return it for a full refund.

The deal was $195 for Pro members, $170 (I think...) for non-Pro. I flipped a pawn shop Wii U which cost me $155 and traded in an old 3DS for $120 to pay off all but about $5 of my preorder.

I remember all this because I was having a shitty day up until then, and the thought of getting a Switch for roughly $160 out of pocket cheered me up!
Nice man. I'm glad you came up on a shitty day. I traded an two 3DS as well so getting switch for $0 except they aren't taking pre orders. Lol. Plus have the $170 at Amazon that I just used to pay off partial off a tankless water heater for the house. Adult problems.

Is the Amazon orders section down for everyone else? I went to look at my orders for my Switch and Master Edition compulsively like I do daily and it's telling me "There's a problem displaying some of your orders right now.

If you don't see the order you're looking for, try refreshing this page, or click "View order details" for that order."

Anyone else seeing this? Or is it time for me to panic?

Is the Amazon orders section down for everyone else? I went to look at my orders for my Switch and Master Edition compulsively like I do daily and it's telling me "There's a problem displaying some of your orders right now.
If you don't see the order you're looking for, try refreshing this page, or click "View order details" for that order."

Anyone else seeing this? Or is it time for me to panic?
I have the same issue.

Why would they allow a free-for-all voice chat in their children's game? Having a game based around online play with an E-rating and zero safety guidelines put in place for online play would be a really bad idea.

No. It's just an app that you use for online matchmaking and chat. You can still play games without it, you just use it when you want to play with friends.
It's 2017. this is called online play. With the amount of kids you find on any other shooter platform its something you live with. That being said im willing to bet this is the norm for their online games and its a bad move. The correct option it to allow choices. Allow it to be like any other platform and talk to the members of your team or a lobby. If you're worried about your child's concern allow an option behind a parental lock to block certain chat features. I mean this isn't a hard thing to do and just continues to show their lack of display for an online experience that they now want to charge for. They're joking right?

So my nephew and I who will be friends on the switch, we won't be able to voice chat in game on Splatoon 2 or Mario Kart 8 deluxe without having to have a cell phone app & cell phone in our laps? Oh, and without the subscription service, we won't be able to play online at all on the switch? Does anyone really know the answer to this yet other than nintendo? I read all the gaming news each morning & so many mixed readings and confusion on this. Marketing's worse nightmare is confusion, didn't nintendo learn this yet?
Short answer is yes. That's basically what we've been told. It's starting to sound worse and worse. I really hope that what they've said ends up changing because this "online" play is starting to sound like a half ass attempt and im far from impressed.

Anyone else get an email from Best Buy stating that The Binding of Isaac got pushed back until 3/17? Second time it's been pushed back. :cry:
I did get that today. Weird that even the developer thinks its a launch games and its now been pushed twice. I guess its no difference to me but just weird.

Anyone else get an email from Best Buy stating that The Binding of Isaac got pushed back until 3/17? Second time it's been pushed back. :cry:
Same thing happened on my Amazon order of BoI. Seems it's the new release date.

I'm happy about it. That way I don't have to buy it at launch. Already have BotW and Bomberman R, plus possibly Snipperclips (if it's a launch game). That's $32 I'm able to save on 3/3.

Short answer is yes. That's basically what we've been told. It's starting to sound worse and worse. I really hope that what they've said ends up changing because this "online" play is starting to sound like a half ass attempt and im far from impressed.
It isn't so bad, though. You can talk to strangers before the match starts. It's only when you're in-game that you're only able to talk with only those on your friends list. This isn't strictly a Nintendo issue, btw. In Battlefield 4 I couldn't talk to randoms while waiting in lobbies, or during matches. I was only able to party chat. So even EA does this, it seems. Or at least they did with BF4.

Not to mention, I do like the way they're mixing in the Twitter app with their smartphone app. You can ask people on Twitter to play with you. It'll be cool to look at their Twitter profiles and see who they are beforehand. It'll be a good way to pair up with people you like.

Like the new poll. Also like how the "They're both ugly" option has 0 votes. That'll change sooner or later though when trolls like the Matrix chimp and the Dead Texan log in.

Leaked in-development UI:

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5tsruy/leaked_indevelopment_ui_mockups/?st=iz4i28ch&sh=f49e5c42 more images on the reddit imgur link.

9d71xqA.png

6Z1EgXq.png

LmQdt4Y.png

Some things to note:

"

• There are NO plans to provide an Internet Browser at this stage but developers are able to access a web applet to display specific websites within their game/app
  • A maximum of 8 users can be registered on a system
  • Friend requests and game invites CAN be sent from the console.
This is also pretty big.

• A Nintendo Account can be linked to multiple Switches BUT save data is not automatically synchronised

It should mean that digital purchases are finally linked to the Nintendo Accounts. Reggie already alluded that they were working on it in the GameSpot interview, but this almost confirms that the Switch is going to have that system in place. No more having only account per system. Finally.

I also hope that the second bullet point about a maximum of 8 users being able to use a single Switch means that if you buy a digital game on a Switch, all users on that system can also play it. That would also be pretty big for families.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmoHaOYB9jE

I'm not sure how I missed this ever, Breath of the Wild Master Edition reveal.

The case that comes along with the Master Edition isn't thin and actually looks like an actual sturdy case.

This made me decide to keep my Master Edition now.

So weird to see a Nintendo game have a season pass. Even weirder when it's a Zelda game.

Don't know how I feel about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbbZslUchyA

Is it me or did the sword look to be leaning back?
It is leaning back, as I'm sure it's plastic, and it is holding the shape of where it sat the longest. So it was probably laid down for a period, and now it's leaning that way. That happens with most items made of that material.

So weird to see a Nintendo game have a season pass. Even weirder when it's a Zelda game.

Don't know how I feel about this.
Honestly, it feels like they are taking regular features and moving them to DLC. Basically, the same thing they started doing with the WiiU... and what's been super common since the X360/PS3 days.

It makes me wonder if we'll see a Deluxe version of Zelda BotW later.

I don't get why people are getting upset over this. You get additional content to do in the game for a fair price. To assume this is "disk locked" is absurd. They made the main game and now that's it completed they moved on to create extra content.

I don't get why people are getting upset over this. You get additional content to do in the game for a fair price. To assume this is "disk locked" is absurd. They made the main game and now that's it completed they moved on to create extra content.
So in essence they completed The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild to work on The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild.

That makes sense. This is why Season Passes are so fucking shady.

Unlike other game companies -cough- ELECTRONIC ARTS -cough- Nintendo actually releases games that feel complete and worth the price of admission. Zero complaints from me if they want to start doing DLC. 

Honestly, it feels like they are taking regular features and moving them to DLC. Basically, the same thing they started doing with the WiiU... and what's been super common since the X360/PS3 days.

It makes me wonder if we'll see a Deluxe version of Zelda BotW later.
The only Nintendo game that I know of to get a 'deluxe' edition is Mario Kart 8. All the other games that have had DLC still don't have a deluxe version.

So the switch can't even say they have Zelda now. Not all of it anyway.
So in essence they completed The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild to work on The Legend of Zelda: The Breath of the Wild.

That makes sense. This is why Season Passes are so fucking shady.
So this is probably how it worked -

They wanted to add a bit of side story, but had to be cut to meet the switch launch deadline. Instead of not allowing you to ever experience the content, they decided to have a smaller team work on it for an additional cost to the consumer. This frees up the majority of the dev team to work on a new project (probably Mario).

bread's done
Back