Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

From the looks of it the new "story mode" content & New Dungeon won't get added until the end of the year

So basically no reason to worry about spending $20 until then If you're even playing zelda still. This should only affect those who buy Season Passes at launch (for whatever fuck  reason). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Still rubs me the wrong way. But then again, I hate DLC in general.

Unless it's free at some point, I'll stick with the base game like it was meant to be.

I hope there are some in-depth reviews of the game about a week before.

That'll determine whether I'm picking up my VisaCheckout order at launch or biding my time in hopes of a Switch bundle or sale next holiday season.

It's gonna be tough to avoid spoilers down that route though.

Meh on the Nintendo DLC. You guys think Zelda reviews will come before launch?
I'm really not sure. Based on what Nintendo traditionally does, I'd think so. They usually provide review copies/codes far in advance. This being a system launch, with Nintendo being fairly quiet, and no one really saying anything about receiving review hardware / embargoes / whatever, I'm wondering if it'll be different this time. The reported staggering size of the game might make it challenging too if they don't have enough lead time.

I finally paid off my Neon Switch, Pro controller, HORI Premium Covers, and SE Zelda on Amazon. All those flips from Gamestop to Amazon were worth it. I havent spent one penny on any of it, except those initial flips I did to Gamestop two months ago.

I finally paid off my Neon Switch, Pro controller, HORI Premium Covers, and SE Zelda on Amazon. All those flips from Gamestop to Amazon were worth it. I havent spent one penny on any of it, except those initial flips I did to Gamestop two months ago.
Were all those things you traded in worth less than one penny?

Nintendo Network ID's are confirmed for Switch correct? We should have a list of everyone's ID so we can add each other.
Is the Nintendo Network ID the same on the site for the console?

I'm going create one right now, we can do a super bomerman r party everyone that is getting the game on launch week

Reviews for Zelda can't get here fast enough.   They're going to put everything into perspective regarding the Switch in a nanosecond. 

WIKI HAS BEEN ADDED! Find friends to play online with on Switch or Wii U. You can add your NNID in the main list or games you are getting.

Are any of you guys getting micro sd cards for the switch and if so which ones are you getting or thinking of getting?
This is the one they were shown using in the Treehouse:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DOB6YW4/ref=amb_link_501552622_2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=FYWWFSS2WX6ZM67D908Y&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=2807439542&pf_rd_i=B0118LR9Z8

There's a 128gb via Warehouse for only $34 right now, and a 256gb for $170.

From the looks of it the new "story mode" content & New Dungeon won't get added until the end of the year

So basically no reason to worry about spending $20 until then If you're even playing zelda still. This should only affect those who buy Season Passes at launch (for whatever fuck reason).
I'm buying the expansion pass at launch because it comes with the three bonus treasure chests. If I'm buying it anyhow and I have the eshop credit I might as well.

Because that's the only game on the Switch? If Zelda is bad then the Switch is bad?
Well, I wouldn't say that. But an argument could easily be made that if Zelda is bad, it will significantly damage the Switch's reputation with the usual Nintendo-fans who are likely to show up for the launch of the Switch. And as far as early-adopters are concerned, that's who you need to please. Those long-time Nintendo fans are the ones most likely to show up when you wave a new Zelda title in front of them. They weren't nearly as enthusiastic about the Wii U launch because there was no high-profile Zelda title. The Wii U's 2D Mario platformer and Nintendoland were geared toward a much more casual audience, an audience thoroughly confused by what the Wii U was even supposed to be.

So yes, a bad Zelda game would probably slow the adoption of a system like the Switch. Getting a decent number of early adopters translates into word-of-mouth exposure, especially for a partially-portable system like the Switch. There will be some fans, especially those who didn't bother getting a Wii U, who pick up a Switch specifically for the new Zelda game. You don't want a high-profile title like that disappointing.

Still, what are the chances of this unlikely scenario? Even Twilight Princess wasn't a BAD Zelda game. The quality standards of the Zelda franchise places those titles head-and-shoulders above most other games. Breath of the Wild will most likely be mediocre at the very worst, it will probably never end up being out-and-out BAD.

Nintendo Network ID's are confirmed for Switch correct? We should have a list of everyone's ID so we can add each other.
Possibly. We know Nintendo account is tied to the switch and you NNID is linked to the Nintendo Account. Not sure what exactly they will use. However we do know you can log in to multiple devices with your account

The launch 2D Mario title for the Wii U wasn't a bad game. But it also wasn't an original enough game to get everyone on board. An extremely similar game had been released to much acclaim for the Wii a year or two prior. But the two games weren't different enough to really convince anyone to buy a Wii U for the newer title. Aside from the high-definition support, it was essentially more of the same, but now with a $350 console in tow.

If the 2D Mario title for the Wii had never been released, the 2D Mario launch title for the Wii U would have probably been much more popular, and might have had a bigger effect on sales. As it stands, it was just another title that made people wonder why they should upgrade to the Wii U when they already had the same thing on the Wii.

If Nintendo had launched the Wii U with Super Mario Maker, things would have gone differently. That was a game that genuinely proved the utility of the gamepad. That could have made a difference at the Wii U's launch. Alas, it was not to be, and Super Mario Maker was too little too late as far as the Wii U was concerned.

Just read a news story that says Nintendo will have a cell phone blocking device enabled inside the Switch to further prevent people from talking to each other in multi player. 

Looks like all the power A Accessories for launch were moved to release on 3/31 now according to my best buy release day notices. Moved the two grips, bag, and controller dock to that date. Not a huge deal to me but just a minor inconvenience until then

I'm surprised no one has specifically mentioned Hard Mode, or maybe I missed it. Locking a difficulty behind DLC is something not even EA, Activision, or Ubisoft has pulled to my knowledge. I have no problem with DLC in general, but that is bush league.

Just read a news story that says Nintendo will have a cell phone blocking device enabled inside the Switch to further prevent people from talking to each other in multi player.
Can you elaborate on this or link the article? I couldn't find anything about this, and I'm curious if they will somehow block my damn phone for using Discord while I'm playing Splatoon 2 instead of their dumb app.

I'm surprised no one has specifically mentioned Hard Mode, or maybe I missed it. Locking a difficulty behind DLC is something not even EA, Activision, or Ubisoft has pulled to my knowledge. I have no problem with DLC in general, but that is bush league.
I'm ranting about it in the BOW thread: it's complete crap. That's really the worse part of the DLC announcement. The rest, feels like cut content to meet the console release deadline but I could semi-forgive that. It's the hard mode being locked behind a paywall that I can't stand.
I know it says NEW hard mode but I doubt it's anything other than hero mode/second quest...

Why stop there? Why not develop some Nintendo sound waves that automatically brick any non-Nintendo console in your house?

Don't give them any ideas D:

The comments on the BotW DLC video are totally nuts! Reading through them might give you cancer, but some posts are super hilarious. Seems like there aren't many on middle ground lol

Why stop there? Why not develop some Nintendo sound waves that automatically brick any non-Nintendo console in your house?
Might as well brick the old Nintendo consoles as well so you have to rebuy all your games via virtual console. Plus as a portable system they'd be able to brick all the consoles everywhere the Switch owners go... what could go wrong?

What?

I traded in a bunch of retro games with trade credit that I had at Gamestop. I always made more credit at Amazon than the purchase price at Gamestop.
Saying you didn't spend one penny, except for the initial flips is ridiculous. It's like saying I haven't paid one penny for the Switch, except for that $300 of Amazon credit I spent on it. Do you consider all the items you flipped or the credit you got from selling them to be worthless?

I'm not saying you didn't get a good deal but you said you hadn't spent one penny on any of it. If I'm understanding you correctly you made $300 in store credit by trading in retro games. You then spent that $300 of store credit on the Switch. Is that $300 of store credit worth less than one penny?

I'm not saying you didn't get a good deal but you said you hadn't spent one penny on any of it. If I'm understanding you correctly you made $300 in store credit by trading in retro games. You then spent that $300 of store credit on the Switch. Is that $300 of store credit worth less than one penny?
could you please just not.

Saying you didn't spend one penny, except for the initial flips is ridiculous. It's like saying I haven't paid one penny for the Switch, except for that $300 of Amazon credit I spent on it. Do you consider all the items you flipped or the credit you got from selling them to be worthless?
Yes. I hate when people say things like "I got a PS4 for free because I used $300 worth of gift cards." Using something that has monetary value to pay for something is still paying for it.

Yes. I hate when people say things like "I got a PS4 for free because I used $300 worth of gift cards." Using something that has monetary value to pay for something is still paying for it.
Based on that logic I bought my last 4 console for 10 dollars because that's what my intial trades cost me to get my last trade credit stash going. Everything else has been boomerang so yes everthing has a value of nothing more than more initial investment for it. You can look at it differently if you want but I wouldn't.

So stores like GameStop, Best Buy, and Amazon are getting everything for free because they're just buying new items with the money they made from selling their previous items?

I'm only taking credit so there is no monetary value. There is a difference. Gamestop to close its door tomorrow and that money wouldn't exist.

So stores like GameStop, Best Buy, and Amazon are getting everything for free because they're just buying new items with the money they made from selling their previous items?

Really???

No shit, you have to start somewhere. I flipped enough to pay off those items without spending more money than the initial trades, that happened a long long time ago. I have made enough from boomerangs and flips to not spend money on stuff I want.

Got one off eBay for $330 total, which is almost identical to the cost plus tax in my state. I don't really even want one. I was just having fun making bids!

Were all those things you traded in worth less than one penny?
Because that's the only game on the Switch? If Zelda is bad then the Switch is bad?
Might as well brick the old Nintendo consoles as well so you have to rebuy all your games via virtual console. Plus as a portable system they'd be able to brick all the consoles everywhere the Switch owners go... what could go wrong?
Do you consider all the items you flipped or the credit you got from selling them to be worthless?

If I'm understanding you correctly you made $300 in store credit by trading in retro games. You then spent that $300 of store credit on the Switch. Is that $300 of store credit worth less than one penny?
Do you do anything besides ask really dumb rhetorical questions for the sake of arguing?

Really???

No shit, you have to start somewhere. I flipped enough to pay off those items without spending more money than the initial trades, that happened a long long time ago. I have made enough from boomerangs and flips to not spend money on stuff I want.
I understand what you mean. Not spending real cash is always my goal and I consider it free minus the time I put into it. Which over the past couple years has come much easier to spend less time and effort once I understand the system

I also did the same thing you did, started with GameStop credit boomeranging then put it into Amazon and now I have time to make one last push back to GameStop. I'll have more Amazon credit left over though so it was worth it.

Look up opportunity costs. Everything costs something. Even your time is worth something. Therefore if you spend time looking for games to flip and driving around to flip them you paid with your time.

Spend less time flipping games. Spend more time paying attention in school.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Tune in next to Wednesday's switch preorder thread argument/debate. Will we argue about money? About controller grips? About nonsense other than the switch. Kamahamahaaaa

It's funny you're getting shit for getting yours from store credit, Glad I didn't mention I'm paying mine off from NES Classic flips :whistle2:

bread's done
Back