Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

You're not wrong. For me, the jump to 900p, better environmental sound, better draw distances, faster load times etc. make it worth the jump. Plus I hate the GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller. I'm really hoping that Joy-Con and Switch Pro Controllers are a step up.
I don't think I've really liked a Nintendo pack-in controller since the N64. I wish they would go back to including a "Pro" style controller in the box with the console and sell the gimmicky crap separately.

Anyway, thanks to those that replied to my question. I'm definitely getting a Switch for Xenoblade 2 but I don't really feel the need to upgrade just for Zelda since I already have a WiiU and the Switch is not the technical leap I was hoping for when it was first announced as the NX.

Heavy Arm is taking pre-orders for Hori NS accessories, quantities are limited. Hori makes just about the best 3rd party products around. I'm sure some of this will be released in the US, but some not. Plus, US qty's can be rather scarce at times from Hori, depending on demand. HA are stand up guys as well.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/833139719059841025

Yeah...I'm looking at the site...where are the prices of the items?

Edit: Okay I blew up the photo tweet to twice its size and I see 2 different prices in yen under each item.

I guess I'm supposed to email them which items I want and ask for a total price + shipping in USD?

I watched Robocop many times on VHS as a childe, and I turned out fine! Did I get in trouble at school for telling people "you're gonna be a baaad motherfucker"? Sure, but it was worth it.

Where are those teachers now? Probably as dead as fuckin Clarence Boddicker, and I was prepared for the modern hellscape of corporate-wasteland America.
Hey don't tell me how to raise my kids

jk

As I said, agree to disagree

Personally, I'm gonna shoot for better than "just fine." Better to start out with a higher goal in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah...I'm looking at the site...where are the prices of the items?

Edit: Okay I blew up the photo tweet to twice its size and I see 2 different prices in yen under each item.

I guess I'm supposed to email them which items I want and ask for a total price + shipping in USD?

Hey don't tell me how to raise my kids

jk

As I said, agree to disagree

Personally, I'm gonna shoot for better than "just fine." Better to start out with a higher goal in mind.
Yeah, for those who don't use Heavy Arm, you do need to email "Steve" directly, and state the items you want, and he'll get back to you with prices and shipping cost. They where supposed to update the site awhile ago, and allow orders through there, but I guess this method works for them, so it's the only option currently.

EDIT: HA deals most with Sony products, so those of you who have Vita/PS4 are probably familiar with them already. Now since the NS is region free, HA will be a good place to get import titles from, so you may want to add them to your importing shop list.

Not to rain on anybody's parade but I'm curious if you guys that are super excited for Switch do not have a WiiU to play Breath of the Wild? I honestly don't see anything else worth getting the Switch for until later on in the year.
You're not wrong. For me, the jump to 900p, better environmental sound, better draw distances, faster load times etc. make it worth the jump. Plus I hate the GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller. I'm really hoping that Joy-Con and Switch Pro Controllers are a step up.
To be more general, if a game is worth playing, it's worth owning the best platform on which it is available to me. Even if the Switch version were a few months later, I would wait.

Honestly, my main reason for being hype for Switch is Bomberman and GCU+Visa Checkout

I probably would've waited for some games to come out first then some sales (aka, november) but I already feel like I got a great deal on every switch game coming out this year

As for bomberman, I bought mega man legacy collection too even though the emulation wasn't great. I'll buy anything to support a franchise on life support that i love

New to cheap, so be kind. Lol

I couldn't find the original, as at times this thread fills several pages up in 1/2hr.

As to if anybody was getting any other controller for the switch. From the ad pictures of comparison of the hand in ad to joycon, it appeared small to me. From the fact the screen is ~6 inches, the joycon seemed small. Then a video referenced here, the reviewers stated how small unit was, not bigger than a 7 plus iPhone. The fact BB has the VCU pro, I got the pro controller plus the Mario game, release date unknown.

Looks like I'm gonna pick up my Switch at midnight at GS, but going to have to wait for Best Buy to open in the morning to get Zelda since I preordered the special edition.

Thanks to Best Buy's Visa Checkout deal and some good flips with GS's preorder deal, I ended up with my preorders for MK8, Splatoon 2, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and The Binding of Isaac paid off and I've still got a good $200 or so left over. Hoping that I can switch my GS preorder from grey to neon, pick up a set of joycons and a pro controller, and still have $60 or so to get a game or two.

Part of me is tempted to pick up Bomberman with it so I can play the Switch when I get home, but if the eShop is up at launch I'm thinking about grabbing some cards and downloading Snipperclips or I Am Setsuna. Are there any other good eShop launch titles?

Back again I see no edit option but I wrote VCU pro, it should be promo.

Two more things.
With stuff like the master edition Zelda and colored joycon switch. Is there any chance that they might become available again. Is it worth it to wait on line to get, maybe addition stock? Which stores you think is better for this? Will stores with online presence, have extra stock at midnight?

The last is a I can't believe. I always thought Walmart prided themselves on giving low prices to their customers.
With the switch, I've kept an eye on them. They have third party listings with the system being offered at $600. I guess Walmart doesn't care that some poor kid or somebody's grandma will fall for this, thinking Walmart sell cheap. Shame on Walmart, also shame on Amazon for posting in sale boxes the higher price listings, Bc there metrics say that seller has better stats.

I've never once told a single person in here to not buy the NS, or how "bad" it is. I've never once "trashed" anything. I've never said the system sucked, I've never said the controls are bad, or anything else like that. When the NS has been discussed in regards to games, price, motion controls, color, 3rd party support, etc, I have given my opinion on the subject at hand. Sometimes that may appear negative to some, and maybe not so much to others. It lacks games, the price is to high, there is no 3rd party support, how is that trashing anything? Please explain? It's my opinion, why does it have to match others opinions on the same subject?

Why are so many people bothered by my "opinions"? I see many people here every day saying the same things I do, and how they have canceled their preorders, and are deciding to wait based on many of the reason I have mentioned. If I'm being so negative, or bringing down the thread, why not block me, and ignore me? I've never been rude or nasty to anyone, unless they start shit first.

Why is one person praise about something more valid than someone else's opinions who point out the flaws, or downside to something? This is a forum for people to make informed purchases is it not? For someone who is a teacher, I would think freedom of speech, and individual expression would be what you strive to teach all kids every day. But when it conflicts with your ideals, or morals it's wrong, bad, or otherwise wrong?

When a kid turns in a picture or writes a paper the majority of the class don't like or do not understand, do you then ask that child, why did you draw this, the rest of the class doesn't like this, please stop drawing or writing, as no one likes it? Is he not allowed to express him/herself even if it's not the majority consensus? Or it conflicts with what others "like", who are they to say what's right, or what's wrong?

If someone here want's to spend $1000 at launch on the NS, that's great, I'm not telling them they suck, or it's a bad buy, or how they shouldn't do it. I've never once told anyone that. If someone ask for opinions on if they should buy an NS or any product in general, I'll tell them the truth as I understand it to be. If they like what I say, go with it, if not, don't, where is the problem? If anyone here is happy to buy the NS, I'm happy for them.
Because no one cares to hear you bitch and moan about Nintendo and the Switch in a Nintendo Switch pre-order thread.

IT's called decorum.

That same kid in the class would get sent to the Principal's office if he bitched and moaned all day long.

That same kid at home would lose his screen time and be assigned chores if all he did was bitch and moan all day long.

Unlike the kid, you don't have to be here. If you're so down the system I don't see why you are here either.

I know I'm not firmly planted in threads of products I'm so down on. To me that would lack decorum. It would be rude of me to go into the Vita thread and complain about everything I could find to complain about regarding the Vita.

What happens if I hang out on CAG and just bitch and moan all day long about CAG and what I don't like about it. Do you think I would be welcome on CAG for long? After all I'm just offering up my "opinion." No one that enjoys CAG could possibly also be aware that CAG isn't perfect and could be improved?

Bomberman R Box & Cartridge Images

C5AX4vhUEAA3Ib1.jpg
C5AX7QbUYAAKVNG.jpg
C5AX8zPUkAALj3z.jpg
rJFAGbL.jpg
Seems silly to me that the boxes are going to so big given there's nothing in there other than the cartridge.

Because no one cares to hear you bitch and moan about Nintendo and the Switch in a Nintendo Switch pre-order thread.

IT's called decorum.

That same kid in the class would get sent to the Principal's office if he bitched and moaned all day long.

That same kid at home would lose his screen time and be assigned chores if all he did was bitch and moan all day long.

Unlike the kid, you don't have to be here.
Thanks for your 2 cents yet AGAIN.

I posted a bonus deal for Lego Undercover, and also asked a question about the game. No bitching or moaning was done.

You decided to turn it in to something else, because you want to be a little PUNK BITCH! I'll go where I want, and post what I want, and as I have stated before, if you or someone else doesn't like it, block my account, and then you don't have to read my bitching and moaning about "N". But you are a troll, wanting to start shit because you have nothing else better to do, give it a rest!

I posted a bonus deal for Lego Undercover, and also asked a question about the game. No bitching or moaning was done.

You decided to turn it in to something else, because you want to be a little PUNK BITCH! I'll go where I want, and post what I want, and as I have stated before, if you or someone else doesn't like it, block my account, and then you don't have to read my bitching and moaning about "N". But you are a troll, wanting to start shit because you have nothing else better to do, give it a rest!
Pro tip. Stop replying to that guy. He's like the Donald Trump of this thread. If you dont like what he likes as much as he likes he gets to bitching. This thread is full of comments from him anytime someone tries to criticize anything about the system. It's like we should all have blind love for the damn thing. Everyone's opinion on here is valid. I've read your posts and most of what you have posted is spot on. Don't worry about him.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sucks gamefly wont carry switch games

well that sucks  looks like they are now  

looks like i might have to keep my gamefly now  

lol you bitched and moaned all last week about the Switch and Nintendo. Numerous times you said you aren't getting one anytime soon. Why are you still here again? !?!?!??

sucks gamefly wont carry switch games

well that sucks looks like they are now

looks like i might have to keep my gamefly now
They probably don't have 3DS and Vita games either. I guess since shipping cartridges requires something more than a slip of carton, and can get lost easily since they're so small, it doesn't make sense for them to include them in their store.

I'm just looking forward to popping carts into a console.  I like the durability.  Size.  If you buy used they are much reliable than discs.   I've come across lots of bad Wii U discs that look otherwise perfectly fine. 

I suppose carts are easier to lose tho.  

Lego city is going to be the same game from the Wii U? I thought it was a sequel.
No same game. They are releasing for all systems including PS4, & X1 and maybe more.

It does have co-op which the first game did not have. Probably has a few other extras but otherwise same game. Arguably the best Lego game, but I won't be rebuying that one.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that is completely different than every opinion is valid. Kyrie Irving believes the world is flat. He is entitled to that opinion. He is scientifically and factually wrong so his opinion is not valid.
Thinking the world is flat isn't an opinion.

It's OFFICIAL The Switch has been taken apart! 

Pics: 
P4fHId4.jpg

9XG0wa1.jpg
5wUVOvL.jpg

Ibt7pDm.jpg
cyJc35S.jpg

feYr4u5.jpg

Z7SQfpg.jpg

It's as confirmed a customed X1 Chip Maxwell 2nd generation. 

The battery can be removed via screws which is really good.

2x2 RAM

No same game. They are releasing for all systems including PS4, & X1 and maybe more.

It does have co-op which the first game did not have. Probably has a few other extras but otherwise same game. Arguably the best Lego game, but I won't be rebuying that one.
Ahh, ok. Probably wait for a sale on it. Great game

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that is completely different than every opinion is valid. Kyrie Irving believes the world is flat. He is entitled to that opinion. He is scientifically and factually wrong so his opinion is not valid.
What a sheep you are. The world being round is a hoax perpetrated by Chyna because they're trying to take our jerbs.

It's OFFICIAL The Switch has been taken apart!
Pics:
P4fHId4.jpg

9XG0wa1.jpg
5wUVOvL.jpg

Ibt7pDm.jpg
cyJc35S.jpg

feYr4u5.jpg

Z7SQfpg.jpg

It's as confirmed a customed X1 Chip Maxwell 2nd generation.
The battery can be removed via screws which is really good.
2x2 RAM
Look at how some pieces of plastic are broken. They've manhandled the poor baby. :(

They probably don't have 3DS and Vita games either. I guess since shipping cartridges requires something more than a slip of carton, and can get lost easily since they're so small, it doesn't make sense for them to include them in their store.
they do have them... what is shocking in a way cause i asked last monday and they said NOPE cause it will be very limited and they wont make cash off it ... now they are.... going to try to get bomberman and zelda for rent..... rather rent them then pay 60 for them

love the first picture on the zelda game.. hot chic sitting in front of them... sorry lady but im playing with my switch :)

Unless some things drastically change in the next few days, I'm gonna head down to cancel my reservations. There are so many issues IMO, I can't justify paying the early adopter price again. I got burned for buying Wii U first month, not making that mistake. I can wait till the holidays maybe for a sale and the library to be decent.

Meanwhile, I can take the preorder $$$ back and put that down on Mass Effect Andromeda instead

Unless some things drastically change in the next few days, I'm gonna head down to cancel my reservations. There are so many issues IMO, I can't justify paying the early adopter price again. I got burned for buying Wii U first month, not making that mistake. I can wait till the holidays maybe for a sale and the library to be decent.
Meanwhile, I can take the preorder $$$ back and put that down on Mass Effect Andromeda instead
Awesome. We will all be enjoying Zelda.

Disgaea 5 Gameplay Video on Nintendo Switch
[media]https://youtu.be/B38e8fhWz_c[/media]

"Click" Noise heard when you connect the joycons & visual cue:

[media]https://youtu.be/uHQhVCAC9LI[/media]

What would be drastic enough to make you keep it? I say don't wait a few days and cancel now. Doubt Nintendo will be making any major announcements in the next 2 weeks.

Ended up going to the Switch & Play event today. Was pretty fun... lots of interesting characters. Some thoughts and things I learned:

• Nintendo doesn't know how to set-up TVs. Their games looked like garbage on about 80% of them.
  • Nintendo has weird music choices. Lots of Metallica and Metro Station.
  • There was a very strange lottery system in place to play Zelda. People were randomly given tickets for play times and then you had to wait in a standby line in case someone didn't show up. Luckily some kid's mom gave me her ticket, so I got to play.
  • The guy "showing" me how to play Zelda was insufferable, he kept telling me exactly what to do and got mad when I didn't do it. Huge baby.
  • Zelda is fun. Like, really fun. Looked like garbage on my TV, but fun.
  • I have huge hands, and the joycons + grip was totally comfortable, as was a single joycon for Mario Kart. I liked the Pro better, but I could definitely play with either.
  • If you have a Zelda tattoo, remember it exists while getting dressed so you can wear long sleeves to such an event so people with sticky hands don't touch you to tell you they like it over and over and over and over and over.
  • Some of the controllers were sticky (I suspect from the aforementioned hands).
  • Total time inside was only an hour and half, which wasn't nearly long enough. But there well over a thousand people who showed up, so it makes sense.
  • I did in fact get a pin. No individual game pins, just the Switch one.
  • Didn't get a hat. Almost got a hat, but me and some dude grabbed it at the same time, and I think he wanted it way more.
Overall I had a good time. It was expectedly weird and cringy at times, but in a fun and silly way. Definitely take kids if you got 'em. If you're considering going to a Switch & Play event, I'd say do it if it's nearby. It was only 15 minutes from my house so it wasn't a huge trip or anything, but I probably wouldn't have gone a lot further out of my way for it. If you have a free day, go for it!

Overall I had a good time. It was expectedly weird and cringy at times, but in a fun and silly way. Definitely take kids if you got 'em. If you're considering going to a Switch & Play event, I'd say do it if it's nearby. It was only 15 minutes from my house so it wasn't a huge trip or anything, but I probably wouldn't have gone a lot further out of my way for it. If you have a free day, go for it!
Did you find the colored Joy-Cons distracting in handheld mode? Did you prefer grey or neon?

bread's done
Back