Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Did you find the colored Joy-Cons distracting in handheld mode? Did you prefer grey or neon?
I didn't use the colored joy cons in handheld mode unfortunately, sorry. Only grey. Colored joycons were used for games where you hold them individually, maybe there's something to that?

If you have a Zelda tattoo, remember it exists while getting dressed so you can wear long sleeves to such an event so people with sticky hands don't touch you to tell you they like it over and over and over and over and over.
I wouldn't recommend shining a black light on your arm.

If you have a Zelda tattoo, remember it exists while getting dressed so you can wear long sleeves to such an event so people with sticky hands don't touch you to tell you they like it over and over and over and over and over.

tumblr_olnd1cU6r71rr6e7xo1_500.jpg

I think she'd be good unless the event were held on a beach or something. Sticky fingers on her back would probably not be welcomed.

I think she'd be good unless the event were held on a beach or something. Sticky fingers on her back would probably not be welcomed.
So this is what love feels like? Nice shape and a Zelda tattoo. Unicorn right there.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Unless some things drastically change in the next few days, I'm gonna head down to cancel my reservations. There are so many issues IMO, I can't justify paying the early adopter price again. I got burned for buying Wii U first month, not making that mistake. I can wait till the holidays maybe for a sale and the library to be decent.

Meanwhile, I can take the preorder $$$ back and put that down on Mass Effect Andromeda instead
YA, i was giving them time to win me over, but they aren't close to winning me over.

They probably don't have 3DS and Vita games either. I guess since shipping cartridges requires something more than a slip of carton, and can get lost easily since they're so small, it doesn't make sense for them to include them in their store.
They do carry handheld games. Renting/keeping was how I always bought Nintendo stuff pre-GCU.

And nah, they just send them in envelopes like the discs. It's fine, I've never had one broken or anything.

:eek: its cool and all but those chicks tend to be real fucking crazy when they realize they can gain nerd fame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch. That's unfortunate. I'm glad my bad decisions could just be donated to Goodwill and not require laser surgery.
My god... you're right. What a terrible mistake I've made! I've spent all of this time and money covering my body in art I love, and I'm just going to regret it all. I'll especially regret that Majora's Mask one since it was for my parents who had just passed away. What if they come back to life! I'll look like such a fool.

Thankfully I have a life coach like you to set me straight. :pray:

Six to midnight.

My god... you're right. What a terrible mistake I've made! I've spent all of this time and money covering my body in art I love, and I'm just going to regret it all. I'll especially regret that Majora's Mask one since it was for my parents who had just passed away. What if they come back to life! I'll look like such a fool.

Thankfully I have a life coach like you to set me straight. :pray:
I'm sure you can't hear it, but I'm playing the world's smallest ocarina right now.

you know i wonder whats going on at nintendo anymore.....they limit release crap constantly that would sell out instantly....stuff never goes on sale(seriously nintendo, games that are 5 years old should go on sale)....and now we have this nightmare of a launch.

I'm sure you can't hear it, but I'm playing the world's smallest ocarina right now.
Someone comes into the Switch forum to be a dick, is called out on needlessly being a dick, and replies with a dickish response? Shocker. :roll:

ANYWAY, I forgot to add earlier:

• Snipperclips and ARMS both impressed me a lot. I was already mildly interested in those games just based on impressions, but they are both super fun once you have your hands on them. Nintendo has a knack for making dull looking games that are actually really fun to play.
  • 1-2 Switch is weird. HD rumble makes it weirder. I guess that's the joke? It's definitely not worth the retail price. GCU + visa checkout? Maybe. I'm just gonna wait for it to inevitably have some sort of sale so I can have it digitally. Very much seems to be the way to go for a game like that.

you know i wonder whats going on at nintendo anymore.....they limit release crap constantly that would sell out instantly....stuff never goes on sale(seriously nintendo, games that are 5 years old should go on sale)....and now we have this nightmare of a launch.
Haven't they been doing this since they got into the home console game. So business as usual I guess.

HEADS UP

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but it looks like there's a new User ID system being put in place with the Switch/new Nintendo account set-up. Not entirely sure how it all works, but you can reserve your User ID now so nobody else takes it. Log in to your Nintendo account here (https://accounts.nintendo.com/) and click "User ID" from the sidebar.

HEADS UP

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but it looks like there's a new User ID system being put in place with the Switch/new Nintendo account set-up. Not entirely sure how it all works, but you can reserve your User ID now so nobody else takes it. Log in to your Nintendo account here (https://accounts.nintendo.com/) and click "User ID" from the sidebar.
I got my user-name, thanks.
CWl2RJ9.png
Edit:
I made it better

The system didn't lock me out of this name

jMo4djj.png

xsGRJnn.gif

HEADS UP

Not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but it looks like there's a new User ID system being put in place with the Switch/new Nintendo account set-up. Not entirely sure how it all works, but you can reserve your User ID now so nobody else takes it. Log in to your Nintendo account here (https://accounts.nintendo.com/) and click "User ID" from the sidebar.
Carefully type in Nick51705 and they change it to nick51705

Noooooooo 😭😭😭

Haha I felt the same when there was no space for my triple O's in HelloooNurse. I didn't even notice if the capital letters remained lol

Isn't sending me an email.
Oh well..no point in me doing it anyway since I won't have the NS for a while, just wanted to be ready for anything that takes advantage of the system.

While you're in there, you can also click "Account Activity" and see all of the things that you've purchased that are tied to your account. 

Doesn't let me, just tells me to change password....?????
Isn't sending me an email.
Oh well..no point in me doing it anyway since I won't have the NS for a while, just wanted to be ready for anything that takes advantage of the system.
Sorry y'all, I have no idea how to fix that. If it's still not working for you by tomorrow, you can call Nintendo and they'll help you. Their CS team is great.

Got it to work. Apparently the issue was the fact I was trying to do it on my phone.
It took me to that change password area but once I just re-entered my password again I was able to choose an ID (for those of you having that issue).

bread's done
Back