Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Probably going to use it mostly in handheld mode anyway since it will now be my only handheld gaming system. I might not even put the dock on my main TV since I'm out of hdmi ports.

It’s all very relative.

I own a Wii U so I’m getting the best game on the Switch day one with the early adopters, albeit with a slight graphical downgrade. (720 instead of 1080p).

And many of the games coming out for the Switch are essentially “enhanced” Wii U games, such as Mario Kart 8.

For those who skipped the Wii U altogether, I would think the Switch is a much more attractive proposition than those of us who own one.

Also, I personally think that Nintendo is making a HUGE mistake marketing this thing as a home console when clearly, it’s a handheld that can be played on a TV. (Which is admittedly cool)

As a handheld, the Switch is powerful but as a console it is a joke, especially when compared to the PS4 Pro and the upcoming Scorpio.

My theory is that if the Switch is successful, it will become the de facto replacement for the 3DS because I can’t see it competing directly with the XBONE or PS4.
so you agree that being an early adopter has risks. That was the point of the discussion. lol.

In case some of you don't frequent the Zelda: BotW thread:

Various Nintendo products in an Amazon shipment (Zelda Master Edition, Zelda: BotW for Switch) may have been stolen.

Check your Amazon orders/emails for cancellations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Various Nintendo products in an Amazon shipment (Zelda Master Edition, Zelda: BotW for Switch) may have been stolen.

Just saw the thread over at neogaf. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why (the stolen comment seems to be from 1 person, and doesnt sound like something an amazon rep would tell someone) and from what I saw it seems to be only Master Editions getting cancelled.

I have a few amazon emails today alone, and I am freaking out when I see an Amazon email pop up.

Now that I don't have a Master Edition coming I thought to myself, "Why do I even need the Switch now?" Until it occurred to me, "Why do I even need to live now?"

This thread is pretty hilarious. Looking forward to my switch as I haven't had a Nintendo console since childhood other than the recent acquisition of a new 3ds for myself this Christmas.

Hey guys, I've decided to cancel my Switch preorder because it has no games. I also stood outside the nearby Circuit City and advised everyone walking in to cancel theirs too for the same reason.
But we were suppose to watch anime together on the Switch

*remembers there's no streaming apps supported at launch*

Pre-order cancelled!!! jk

Various Nintendo products in an Amazon shipment (Zelda Master Edition, Zelda: BotW for Switch) may have been stolen.

Expect more Switch cancellation posts after this ordeal.

Thread Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

I understand your comparison, but technically, a person would have to be interested in the Shield TV to really make it work. A $100,000 sports car is a deal when compared to a $200,000 one, but you have to be in the market for one or the other to really take advantage of the "so called" deal. If you have no interest in the lesser item to begin with, it's not really a deal, as you where never buying it to begin with.
True, but you are now comparing perceived worth vs actual cost. People think it should cost less, but all things considered, with comparative tech on the market, price is about right.

5BpweGY.jpg

While everyones Zelda Masters Edition was getting cancelled, Nintendo Minute put up their Unboxing!

[media]https://youtu.be/dodnbYkbiZE[/media]

They just cancelled my joy con preorder. Did those get stolen as well?

$5 Amazon credit for my eternal disappointment.

so you agree that being an early adopter has risks. That was the point of the discussion. lol.
Well, if you want to press the issue, I can ditch diplomacy and simply state that the Switch is yet another poor console from a company that hasn’t made a truly great console since the SNES.

Also, some of your analogs are ridiculously poor in trying to justify purchasing new hardware that is both monumentally confused (It’s got the price of the console but the power of a handheld, quite the combination) and severely lacking in quality software, even by launch day standards.

I also don’t see how Switch owners – being new adopters – are getting to play new software first when the best and most prominent launch game is also being released simultaneously on the Wii U nor does that assertion hold much merit given that many of the forthcoming games are “enhanced” ports of pre-existing Wii U software. As of right now, the Switch is looking to be the most redundant console ever released in terms of the games it will offer for the first 6-12 months of its lifecycle, which is why I spoke to the relativity of the issue of its value.

I’ve owned every Nintendo console since the NES (excluding the Virtual Boy) and this system literally has nothing to offer me outside of overpriced, underpowered hardware and a slightly better version of a game I’m getting day one regardless. Now, had I not purchased a Wii U, the value of the Switch would be increased significantly given my desire to play Zelda: BOTW, but given that I do own a Wii U, I literally have no use for the Switch.

And that’s coming from somebody who usually buys everything day one.

The only real metric is if the purchase is justified in the eyes of the person buying the console.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you so much as offering an alternative viewpoint about early adoption in relation to this specific product.

Well, if you want to press the issue, I can ditch diplomacy and simply state that the Switch is yet another poor console from a company that hasn’t made a truly great console since the SNES.

Also, some of your analogs are ridiculously poor in trying to justify purchasing new hardware that is both monumentally confused (It’s got the price of the console but the power of a handheld, quite the combination) and severely lacking in quality software, even by launch day standards.

I also don’t see how Switch owners – being new adopters – are getting to play new software first when the best and most prominent launch game is also being released simultaneously on the Wii U nor does that assertion hold much merit given that many of the forthcoming games are “enhanced” ports of pre-existing Wii U software. As of right now, the Switch is looking to be the most redundant console ever released in terms of the games it will offer for the first 6-12 months of its lifecycle, which is why I spoke to the relativity of the issue of its value.

I’ve owned every Nintendo console since the NES (excluding the Virtual Boy) and this system literally has nothing to offer me outside of overpriced, underpowered hardware and a slightly better version of a game I’m getting day one regardless. Now, had I not purchased a Wii U, the value of the Switch would be increased significantly given my desire to play Zelda: BOTW, but given that I do own a Wii U, I literally have no use for the Switch.

The only real metric is if the purchase is justified in the eyes of the person buying the console.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you so much as offering an alternative viewpoint about early adoption in relation to this specific product.
Totally agree with you. Only reason I'm getting it at this point is cause I hyped my 8yr old daughter up about the midnight Best Buy opening. Will probably play Zelda for 30 days and return the console. Love me some Best Buy elite plus or whatever it's called.

I was so hyped when they announced it but without any announcements on modern account and online features (game sharing) the console is pretty much worthless to me until it gets some better games.

I also have a shit ton of credit in various places so it's not really a big deal to throw away the $300. Which is what I would basically be doing.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Nintendo clergy? Wow so you call out Nintendo fans who haven't even responded to the troll comments but your all buddy buddy with the troll itself?

It's a pre order thread, god forbid people are hype and god forbid they don't want people raining on there parade. You think the Switch is a waste of money? Fair enough, don't buy it and gtfo. Stop trying to ruin our excitement. You call yourself a gamer? Lol. Pathetic, both of you.

I think Nintendo's big worry has always been account sharing. It's not about buying one copy of Pokemon for the kids to share. It's about the college student buying one copy of Pokemon for the dorm
The reality is that this is another "feature" that "N" doesn't understand, or want to be a part of, so they dismiss it, or just don't allow it. Sharing apps and games across devices within a single home or among close friends has been a standard feature for awhile, and just like trophies/achievements, netflix, web browsing, cross buy, or any number of standard features, it doesn't matter if they understand or like the feature, the point is it's a "selling point" at retail, that can be the difference between a purchase or being passed by.

It's no different than having 2 kids each with their own gameboy, and letting both kids share a library of games. "N" just sees it as a way to have one buyer, or a single family buy multiple items across several pieces of hardware. The same reason they sale a $100-$200 N3DS, a device that requires charging, and yet does not include a way to charge it out of the box, so you have just spent hard earned money, but wait, now spend another $10 for a charger. That is just bad business. I don't know of a single handheld device that needs to be charged, that does not include a way to charge it within the box(smart phone, tablet, kindle, etc.). If a device has an internal battery, you give the buyer a charger, that's just nickel & dime BS.

Once again, when the average consumer sees the NS at retail, and then realizes the features it lacks, along side every other device within it's price range(below or above), the choice becomes easy. Once again, if they want to compete, which they have said many times, they don't(which I 100% believe), they need to offer comparable features, at a comparable cost. If your not willing to do that, why are they even in business? And it's rather easy to cap the usage of a single purchase to 2-3 users within a single family, so the whole college playing Pokemon doesn't fly, as that is an easy fix.

This is absolutely indefensible, especially after they added the ability to create child accounts. It will likely cost them two system sales in my house.
100% agree with this. That and the first 6 months of software is basically wii u ports. I cant fathom them selling MK 8 as a new, full priced title. Nothing looks appealing until splatoon 2 if you have a wii u. My household still uses the wii u daily. Ill just get zelda on that and Play mk8 now rather than wait another 2 months and pay and $60 to play it.

I just can't fathom these decisions. I really thought they learned their lesson but its clear they still don't get it. I really hope they change some of their policies and get with the times a bit because i do love nintys games. But this system isnt coming out swinging like i had hoped. First must have exclusive is set for this holiday and it will most likely have a bundle. That's when ill get one.

Nintendo clergy? Wow so you call out Nintendo fans who haven't even responded to the troll comments but your all buddy buddy with the troll itself?

It's a pre order thread, god forbid people are hype and god forbid they don't want people raining on there parade. You think the Switch is a waste of money? Fair enough, don't buy it and gtfo. Stop trying to ruin our excitement. You call yourself a gamer? Lol. Pathetic, both of you.
You basically proved my point about the Nintendo Clergy. Thanks. I knew one of you guys was gonna come on here and run your mouth.

Why is it hard to understand that I can love Nintendo and still criticize it? I don't know how old you are but it seems that you haven't developed the maturity to understand this concept. I've always purchased consoles on day one but Nintendo just keeps disappointing. If you're OK with that that's fine but I do that have to have blind loyalty to a company that keeps doing things against my interest. I get that you can't understand the nuances of that but at the same time I don't appreciate you telling me to GTFO.

This is an open forum and differences can be had. How is my different point of view and opinion affecting your ability to enjoy your purchase and live your life. If you don't appreciate my comment then disregard and move along.

I don't have to like the things you do and you don't have to agree with what I write. Were both adults and have differences. Stop being Donald Trump.

This is absolutely indefensible, especially after they added the ability to create child accounts. It will likely cost them two system sales in my house.
This was what I was waiting for. Well there goes two other sales that they won't get. I was getting one for daughter, son, and myself. Not anymore. Not really buying three separate games so we can all play. I guess I'll just stick to my one console cause my daughter is super excited about going to her first midnight launch event. Been trying to make her a gamer for a while and she is finally excited about this so not gonna let this opportunity go. Hopefully we meet some cool gamers in line. I've always loved midnight console launches.

Same thing applies to the ridiculous scalping discussion. May as well stop discussing it and insulting those with a different opinion than you. 

They already think you're a dick for reselling at 300% markup. All you're doing is confirming their suspicions by name-calling lol

I don't give fuck 

Just sell the thing and stop crying that your actions don't have the whole world's approval  :rofl:

This really sucks, but let's look on the bright side of that release:

• Confirmed eShop balance sharing with your 3DS and Wii U.
  • FAST RMX is releasing at launch, which is cool I guess.
  • ... NEW SHOVEL KNIGHT CAMPAIGN AT LAUNCH! Specter Knight looks great. Who needs Virtual Console when you have this?

I just assumed the Switch wouldn't allow game sharing.  If the library gets to the point that my son and I both have to own one, we'll treat it like the 3DS - if it's something we both want to play we'll buy it physically but if it's something cheap or that only one of us cares about we'll go digital.

My dream would be for the Switch, once the VC launches, to give you the games you already bought on the Wii U/3DS - or at least allow for the cheap upgrade system they did from Wii to Wii U.  I don't mind a VC delay, but I would absolutely like them to give more info on if something like this might happen.

Have we heard anything on Bomberman yet in terms of hands on impressions?   I'm thinking about Switching my preorder to 1, 2 Switch after watching that great Giant Bomb video but I can't find any opinions on Bomberman good, bad or otherwise...

But the point of the discussion you replied to was you can't be an early adopter and know the future.

You're replying to that discussion with "this is why I am not getting a Switch at launch." :)

Bomberman is sold out at a few retailers right now.

Hold onto that preorder until March 1st I'd say. We should see some in-depth reviews by then.
I don't know. The Giant Bomb (Jeff) said Bomberman was pretty bad. And I got the feeling it was the quality and not that he didn't like Bomberman. Also heard it was rough from somewhere else.

I don't know. The Giant Bomb (Jeff) said Bomberman was pretty bad. And I got the feeling it was the quality and not that he didn't like Bomberman. Also heard it was rough from somewhere else.
Yeah he said it was pretty garbage but with this pretty dry launch people are looking for anything to play.

Not getting this at launch either.  I sold my Wii U when they announced they weren't supporting it anymore so early and not only did that sour my Switch excitement but the fact that they're purposely holding back games at launch ticks me off too.  They should be using the Switch to show they've changed, instead they're showing to be the same Nintendo that does TERRIBLE launches.  Dating all the way back to...well maybe forever?  At least to the N64, it's been terrible launch after terrible launch.  This time I feel like they went a little too far though.  Mario is done (in fact, originally Mario was going to launch with the system and Zelda was going to be held off), they should be releasing Mario AND Zelda at launch.  What's worse is Mario isn't coming out until the holiday season as of now!  So, that means they don't really have anything big for the holidays either or else they'd just release Mario over the summer (or ahem, at launch).

I love Nintendo, love Zelda, love Mario, Animal Crossing, etc etc etc...but c'mon guys!  Then, to top it off...as far as I know there's been no concrete announcements on the Virtual Console yet?  Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd LOVE to be wrong...but so far all I've heard is rumors that they'll do the same thing as on the Wii U.  Which, is to say you have to pay an "upgrade fee" to upgrade the games you ALREADY OWN to the Wii.  I mean, at the very lease they could make the Nintendo owned games free to upgrade, I can understand to a degree maybe why they wouldn't/couldn't make 3rd party games free...

Bad thing is I WANT the Switch to succeed, I love it's concept.  But as of now....ugh...

Embargo has lifted, expect a ton of switch previews today
Review embargo lifts March 1st.

Also

The biggest current issue with the Switch is one of basic reliability. Over the course of my time with Breath of the Wild, I’ve had repeated problems with the left Joy-Con controller partially or even completely losing sync from the Switch console while docked and connected to my television. This is a pain in the ass at best, but has also resulted in several deaths playing Breath of the Wild.

I’m not the only one experiencing this issue, either. Multiple reviewers and editors at other outlets who were provided Switch review hardware by Nintendo say they’ve experienced similar problems while using the Joy-Cons in the Joy-Con Grip accessory — the controller “dock” that allows more traditional play using the two Joy-Cons as opposite halves of a controller — that ships with the Switch

I just assumed the Switch wouldn't allow game sharing. If the library gets to the point that my son and I both have to own one, we'll treat it like the 3DS - if it's something we both want to play we'll buy it physically but if it's something cheap or that only one of us cares about we'll go digital.

My dream would be for the Switch, once the VC launches, to give you the games you already bought on the Wii U/3DS - or at least allow for the cheap upgrade system they did from Wii to Wii U. I don't mind a VC delay, but I would absolutely like them to give more info on if something like this might happen.

Have we heard anything on Bomberman yet in terms of hands on impressions? I'm thinking about Switching my preorder to 1, 2 Switch after watching that great Giant Bomb video but I can't find any opinions on Bomberman good, bad or otherwise...
some review said it was very bad on the eyes?

Review embargo lifts March 1st.

Also

The biggest current issue with the Switch is one of basic reliability. Over the course of my time with Breath of the Wild, I’ve had repeated problems with the left Joy-Con controller partially or even completely losing sync from the Switch console while docked and connected to my television. This is a pain in the ass at best, but has also resulted in several deaths playing Breath of the Wild.

I’m not the only one experiencing this issue, either. Multiple reviewers and editors at other outlets who were provided Switch review hardware by Nintendo say they’ve experienced similar problems while using the Joy-Cons in the Joy-Con Grip accessory — the controller “dock” that allows more traditional play using the two Joy-Cons as opposite halves of a controller — that ships with the Switch
Come on don't tell me this. Ugh. I'm already hesitant about spending the money to basically play Zelda and now you're telling me there are going to be issues. Don't do this to me man. Say it ain't so. Ugh.

Damn if I wasn't addicted to having the latest and greatest I would have cancelled. The damn thought of not playing and having the switch on release day kills me. I know it's an irrational problem. Lol

I will completely agree that Nintendo sucks at launching hardware with a good lineup.  I was an early owner of the Wii U and the DS and both of them were pretty bad at launch as well (you can only play so much Yoshi Touch and Go and Feel the Magic).   However, I was in a place where I had played through most of my Wii U library, hadn't touched it for months aside from a few Smash Bros games, so it made sense to take advantage of the 50% Gamestop trade bonus and get the Switch at launch (assuming I can find one).

In the end I know I'll get my moneys worth.  By Christmas we'll have Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Mario, Zelda and Arms and that's more than enough for me to feel like the console had a good first year at least.  The fact they are continuing to woo the indies and Shovel Knight and Isaac are first month releases is pretty nice as well.

I will completely agree that Nintendo sucks at launching hardware with a good lineup. I was an early owner of the Wii U and the DS and both of them were pretty bad at launch as well (you can only play so much Yoshi Touch and Go and Feel the Magic). However, I was in a place where I had played through most of my Wii U library, hadn't touched it for months aside from a few Smash Bros games, so it made sense to take advantage of the 50% Gamestop trade bonus and get the Switch at launch (assuming I can find one).

In the end I know I'll get my moneys worth. By Christmas we'll have Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Mario, Zelda and Arms and that's more than enough for me to feel like the console had a good first year at least. The fact they are continuing to woo the indies and Shovel Knight and Isaac are first month releases is pretty nice as well.
Wii U had New super Mario Bros 2, Ninja Giaden, Sonic Racing, Zombie U, Nintendo Land, Epic Mickey 2...and several others I can't recall right now.

That's a terrible lineup? Seriously?

You basically proved my point about the Nintendo Clergy. Thanks. I knew one of you guys was gonna come on here and run your mouth.

Why is it hard to understand that I can love Nintendo and still criticize it? I don't know how old you are but it seems that you haven't developed the maturity to understand this concept. I've always purchased consoles on day one but Nintendo just keeps disappointing. If you're OK with that that's fine but I do that have to have blind loyalty to a company that keeps doing things against my interest. I get that you can't understand the nuances of that but at the same time I don't appreciate you telling me to GTFO.

This is an open forum and differences can be had. How is my different point of view and opinion affecting your ability to enjoy your purchase and live your life. If you don't appreciate my comment then disregard and move along.

I don't have to like the things you do and you don't have to agree with what I write. Were both adults and have differences. Stop being Donald Trump.

Lol yea alright. If anything I'm a Sony fanboy, and you can like and dislike what you want. But I see no point to coming to a pre order thread talking shit and high fiving other trolls. Use all the played out political humor you want, but that's all your doing.

I will completely agree that Nintendo sucks at launching hardware with a good lineup. I was an early owner of the Wii U and the DS and both of them were pretty bad at launch as well (you can only play so much Yoshi Touch and Go and Feel the Magic). However, I was in a place where I had played through most of my Wii U library, hadn't touched it for months aside from a few Smash Bros games, so it made sense to take advantage of the 50% Gamestop trade bonus and get the Switch at launch (assuming I can find one).

In the end I know I'll get my moneys worth. By Christmas we'll have Mario Kart, Splatoon 2, Mario, Zelda and Arms and that's more than enough for me to feel like the console had a good first year at least. The fact they are continuing to woo the indies and Shovel Knight and Isaac are first month releases is pretty nice as well.
At this point for me it's just more a matter of principle. They refuse to change... Yet again they're launching with a sparse lineup and this time one that's basically relying on Indie titles (most of which have already had multiple releases...some which are getting some small upgrades). I'm sure I'll get it eventually, but I can't give them my support at launch. Already we see Virtual Console isn't ready, stuff like Netflix isn't ready, they're online system won't be a full-go, etc etc etc. Why even launch. Get your **** together THEN launch.

Wii U had New super Mario Bros 2, Ninja Giaden, Sonic Racing, Zombie U, Nintendo Land, Epic Mickey 2...and several others I can't recall right now.

That's a terrible lineup? Seriously?
In my opinion yes it is a terrible line up but we probably have different taste in games. Out of that only Zombie U and Mario Bros 2 were good games.

bread's done
Back