Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Lol yea alright. If anything I'm a Sony fanboy, and you can like and dislike what you want. But I see no point to coming to a pre order thread talking shit and high fiving other trolls. Use all the played out political humor you want, but that's all your doing.
Public forum again. You seem to think anyone that disagrees with you is a troll. Everyone that I've "high five'd" has had valid complaints and articulated why they've had those complaints. You on the other hand have been whining because I'm here voicing an opposing opinion to yours. Again, grow up. Not everyone is going to like the things you like. Seriously how old are you? Do you have a job? This is just the way the real would functions.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wii U had New super Mario Bros 2, Ninja Giaden, Sonic Racing, Zombie U, Nintendo Land, Epic Mickey 2...and several others I can't recall right now.

That's a terrible lineup? Seriously?
That's a HORRENDOUS launch, yes. Sonic Racing, Ninja Giaden, and Epic Mickey were all multi-plat games. Mickey got luke warm reviews while Ninja Giaden wasn't only niche but got so-so reviews as well. Sonic Racing was good but again no reason to get a Wii U for since came out on every other system. NSMB 2 was decent I guess but it's not what most fans wanted and they did something unprecedented...which is to say they brought a mobile franchise to a console. Nintendo Land was fun yeah, but IMO not as good as Wii Sports was. Zombi U was ok, but not a system seller.

You could go on, the rest of the launch was essentially either multiplat games (some of which had already been released elsewhere) or games with very small Wii U upgrades. There was no substance for a long time, with Pikmin 3 being the only real notable title outside of the immediate launch.

I personally thought the Wii U launch was one of the best "N" has ever had. I didn't buy a Wii U at the time, as most of the games I already owned, but for those people who mostly buy "N" products, I thought it covered a wide variety of games. The NS launch is rather abysmal by comparison.

Once again, I have to ask, what the  fuck have these guys been doing since this system was first announced? If your launching with little to no games, or cash grab ports, the least you could do is have a robust VC ready to go(or ways for buyers to play their current catalog of games), and other features so at least early buyers have something to do while waiting on more games.

This seems like something they just started working on 1-2 years ago, and have to release it now based on some imaginary expiration date. It seems rushed to say the least, and if this is the best they can do with the time they've had with the NS, that does not speak well at all to their future, sadly. There's no features, no games, no plans for anything, WTF!?

Early adopter since PS2. It wld be great if similar to the 3DS Ambassador Program; Nintendo does something special for early adopters since there is so much apprehension and negativity.

Personally it was less the launch titles (ZombiU was fine, NSMB was great, and my family had a blast with Nintendoland) but more the wait until more games were available.  I wasn't until Spring that we got Lego City and Summer for Pikmin 3.  It just felt like a very long stretch between Nintendo content, which is really why most of us buy their consoles.  This one feels way better - especially with the heavy indie content that seems to be forthcoming.  If the launch games get boring, we're getting Arms and Mario Kart next month and Splatoon isn't far behind.  They've done a much better job this launch year but I do wish we'd gotten one more no-brain purchase for launch day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I've decided to cancel my Switch preorder because it has no games. I also stood outside the nearby Circuit City and advised everyone walking in to cancel theirs too for the same reason.
That was you? Man, you made me so annoyed I drove over to Lionel Kiddie City to wait in line and buy my Switch there instead.

Damn, thanks for the heads up. Happy that we're not only getting a physical release, but that it's also only $30. I thought it would be around $40.

Will also be getting it at GameStop for that cloth map. For me that freebie trumps the GCU discount.

Thanks again.
I have a question about how GC works.
The map freebie says while supplies last.
I placed order but there is no mention of getting free map.
I've heard horror stories about having to wait on line at GC and getting to counter and finding out they gave all freebies away in a first come first served in in spite of wether there was a preordered or not.
I placed the order and no mention of map.
Does this mean map allotment is gone or just the way GC works, first come first served on release day.
I'm not one to wait on line for hours for midnight opening or wait all night for morning Release. I have an invalid mother with the case of nerves.

Very in-depth look at the UI and everything available right now, and then a discussion about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXo3ZmlZngg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rMXj4wGPI

So much salty tears of people who dislike Nintendo simply because they couldn't get a pre-order.
You seem salty about some people not wanting a switch. Hell the majority of your posts in this thread are you crying about any negative thing brought up about the switch. Those peoples opinions sure get under your skin.

You seem salty about some people not wanting a switch. Hell the majority of your posts in this thread are you crying about any negative thing brought up about the switch. Those peoples opinions sure get under your skin.
I'm not salty.

What's ridiculous is people who have no intention of buying one yet feel the need to come in here and cry about it. They should be playing all those "great" games on their PS4/Xbox One instead.

When would Amazon ship Switch pre-orders? I'm trying to keep mine active in case I come across someone in my life that wants one but didn't preorder. I'm not looking to make a dime, just hook up a brotha!

When would Amazon ship Switch pre-orders? I'm trying to keep mine active in case I come across someone in my life that wants one but didn't preorder. I'm not looking to make a dime, just hook up a brotha!
I'm doing the same thing and I gave my friends until this Sunday to make a decision

My guess is they will ship them Tuesday/Wednesday next week but I'm not taking chances

So I got alerts on nowinstock for 3ds, wanting the pikachu, and got emailed that Walmart had galaxy one.
Getting caught up in moment, with only store pickup and 3 left I placed order.
Less than 2 hr later it was ready for pick up.
I wasn't in a hurry for it, but was out shopping and decided to pick it up.
There was one customer in front of me doing a pickup. Two employees were arguing about the only order they could find for the item was not his. One employee said it was the item give it to him. So off he goes.
Now here's what I hate about Walmart and how my luck runs.
I give my slip to remaining employee and she looks at it and says, I know that wasn't that guys order, but was yours.
And she took off after the guy.
Luckily she caught the guy, but he was reluctant to give up item, he was nice about it. It turns out he ordered after I did and got there first for pickup and spent about half hr there while they looked for order.
I just took my and left the poor guy standing there.
If I hadn't decided at last minute to pick it up then, my item would be gone and they would never had tied my order to his stuff on shelf.

Depending on where you live and what method Amazon uses they should ship Wednesday or Thursday to ensure Friday delivery.

For me personally, if a console has at least one game I want to play when it launches, it's a perfectly competent launch lineup. I don't need five games right off the bat. I can't play them all. Zelda will hold me over for months.

Besides, most launch lineups are completely and utterly forgotten about soon after the system launches anyway. Anyone still talking about Ryse for Xbox One or Knack for PS4? No. Besides, Nintendo has historically only had one really great game at most of their launches (with the exception of the 3DS, which had nothing). Mario 64 was so good people forget it was either that or Pilotwings 64 at launch. Again, I don't know why people are so upset if there's at least one game they want.

Those that have preorders and are excited to play Zelda, continue to be excited. It's going to be fun. The console is going to have a bumpy start but all of the consoles had rough launches. All of them. There's going to be patches to fix things. In six months or so you'll forget all about reports of the Joycon losing sync with the system.

Maybe Thursday? Its been a while since I pre-ordered a launch console from Amazon but usually a day before.

For me personally, if a console has at least one game I want to play when it launches, it's a perfectly competent launch lineup. I don't need five games right off the bat. I can't play them all. Zelda will hold me over for months.

Besides, most launch lineups are completely and utterly forgotten about soon after the system launches anyway. Anyone still talking about Ryse for Xbox One or Knack for PS4? No. Besides, Nintendo has historically only had one really great game at most of their launches (with the exception of the 3DS, which had nothing). Mario 64 was so good people forget it was either that or Pilotwings 64 at launch. Again, I don't know why people are so upset if there's at least one game they want.

Those that have preorders and are excited to play Zelda, continue to be excited. It's going to be fun. The console is going to have a bumpy start but all of the consoles had rough launches. All of them. There's going to be patches to fix things. In six months or so you'll forget all about reports of the Joycon losing sync with the system.
I always tell myself not to overbuy at launches as I never have the time to play them all.

But now I have:

Zelda

Bomberman

1,2 Switch (for the wife and son)

Skylanders (yeah, yeah - Might wait this one out for the eventual "STARTER PACKS $19.99 or crazy low" and the Switch accidentally gets priced that way at retailers)

and now Shovel Knight

Only 1 game is really deep (Zelda), while Bomberman, 1,2, and Shovel are more or less 15-20 minute break titles.

I fully get why Zelda pushed MK8 to April. They really need to give Zelda time to breath.

We have Zelda, Bomberman and Isaac pre-ordered (along with a Joy-Con) but I could easily see us switching Bomberman to 1,2 Switch.  From there, I think we'll get Arms and Mario Kart next month.   I think a part for the push of Arms and Mario Kart to next month could also to maybe push people looking for a party game to 1,2 Switch.  

Review embargo lifts March 1st.

Also

The biggest current issue with the Switch is one of basic reliability. Over the course of my time with Breath of the Wild, I’ve had repeated problems with the left Joy-Con controller partially or even completely losing sync from the Switch console while docked and connected to my television. This is a pain in the ass at best, but has also resulted in several deaths playing Breath of the Wild.

I’m not the only one experiencing this issue, either. Multiple reviewers and editors at other outlets who were provided Switch review hardware by Nintendo say they’ve experienced similar problems while using the Joy-Cons in the Joy-Con Grip accessory — the controller “dock” that allows more traditional play using the two Joy-Cons as opposite halves of a controller — that ships with the Switch
The system doesn't auto pause or anything? Do you get a symbol in the corner of the screen that you are experiencing connectivity issues? That sounds like a deal breaker for me if this is a widespread and common issue as I would be using mine in the dock 99% of the time.

I'm not salty.

What's ridiculous is people who have no intention of buying one yet feel the need to come in here and cry about it. They should be playing all those "great" games on their PS4/Xbox One instead.
You're assuming they had no intention to buy it. A lot of them just don't feel the need to get one at launch. Let it be. You getting angry at all of them and making unfounded assumptions doesn't help anything. You should ignore them and look foward to the "great" switch games you'll be playing next week. I don't see anyone trashing the NS without reason. Some guys have legitimate issues with it. There is no problem with that. You don't have to be so sensitive about criticism. You don't have stock in Nintendo... Or do you? Lol!

Maybe Thursday? Its been a while since I pre-ordered a launch console from Amazon but usually a day before.
I could find OP u replied to so.

I ordered the Pikachu 3ds on the second wave of availability and as of today, it still says delivery tomorrow but not shipped.
On the other thread people ordered it from other stores and they got the item yesterday.

I'm the prime member on the accounts at my house. I ordered the more expensive art book yesterday at first availability from Amazon and got next day shipping for one of my kids. My wife, family member on my prime, ordered it late in day for the other kid when it was going in and out of availability, with only 2 day shipping available.
Hers plus the galaxy 3ds shipped a few hours later and arrived tomorrow. My order of the book, due today, hasn't shipped yet and neither has the 3ds.

This happens all the time, so IMHO there is no rhyme or reason the way they do things and we can speculate all want, but Amazon will do wants it does.

You're assuming they had no intention to buy it. A lot of them just don't feel the need to get one at launch. Let it be. You getting angry at all of them and making unfounded assumptions doesn't help anything. You should ignore them and look foward to the "great" switch games you'll be playing next week. I don't see anyone trashing the NS without reason. Some guys have legitimate issues with it. There is no problem with that. You don't have to be so sensitive about criticism. You don't have stock in Nintendo... Or do you? Lol!
He's assuming right. You're assuming wrong.

He's also in the right place. YOu're in the wrong place.

He's not angry. You're angry that he's pointing out the bs.

He doesn't care if joe schmoe doesn't buy it. He just wonders why they are here if they aren't interested.

He is not sensitive to criticism. You are being defensive to being called out.

This is a pre-order thread 7 days b4 launch. Heaven forbid people are in here that want the Switch and are getting one and don't care to skim over the same overplayed 5 reasons why joe schmoe isn't getting one and all the other bs about why they aren't getting one. No one who is getting a Switch at launch cares except they for the fact they have to weed out all the non-interested posts and would rather talk about the games and the Switch and pre-orders with fellow launch goers.

Maybe if you all non-interested people start your posts with "NOT INTERESTED" then we could easily skip over your bitching and moaning and your noble stances on why you aren't getting one at launch.

The launch could have been worse... You could have been forced to spend an extra $100 to buy a stupid camera and have a bunch of ports that played better on the cheaper/superior console.

If Zelda is awesome, then I'll personally consider the launch a success. I'll be taking the 3DS with me for a business trip this weekend and I'm looking forward to replacing it with the NS.

The mistake I often make at launch is that I tend to buy a bunch of filler games just because the system is new. This time it's Zelda and Bomberman in March, Mario Kart and Puyo Puyo Tetris in April and Disgaea 5 in May. Then it's E3 in June. I personally don't think that's bad for the first three months and it's not like I don't already have a giant backlog.

if they don't feel the need to get one at launch, then why would they spend their time in a preorder thread sounding like a broken record?

unless you're telling me they're unproductive with their time and continue to post their feelings like this is some sort of blog and we're suppose to care...

this reminds me, there's always that one friend who bitch about everything and brings the whole group down and you're like "why the **** are you here?" and they're like "what, i can't be here?"

"no stupid, open your ****ing eyes and use your brain. you're bringing the atmosphere down with your bitching and whining. you'll probably have a better time jerking off in your mom's basement while talking shit on a forum in a preorder thread for something you don't even want."

that sort of friend that we're all ashamed of having.

The screenshot feature looks really cool. That's definitely a feature I didn't care about until now. It looks seamless, and I'm loving how fast the UI is running. In GameXplain's video he says how he just takes screenshots of things to remember in Zelda so he can go reference them later, which sounds like a great idea. The screenshots are even organized by game. My hype cup is runneth-ing over.

I just got an email with a BB credit card offer. 10% off any regular priced item if I pay with the credit card.

Excludes PS4 and Xbox One. No mention of the Switch. You think it will work? I'm planning on doing a return/rebuy of my Switch if it'll work.

This thread is the go to place when I want to see people arguing about stupid things.

Let's go back to arguing about if letting a kid watch a movie with sex or violence is worse. That was a good one.

Anyone has any experience doing this?
I wanted to know if it was possible to switch my Gray Unit for the Neon Unit at the midnight launch.

Assuming that they have any extra neon consoles within the store.

Complaining about the launch line-up is understandable, but ultimately pointless.

Having a good/solid launch line up has never been a guarnatee of long-term success for a console. One of the best launch-lineups ever for a video game hardware platform was on the PSP. One of the worst was on the Nintendo 64. One of the other worst was on the PS2. The PS2's game line-up for most of its first year on the market was garbage, and it still went on to become one of the most popular and successful consoles of all time. One of the best launch-lineups was the North American Dreamcast launch. How did that work out in the long-run?

Having a strong launch line-up only matters to early adopters. But early adopters are not the driving force behind a hardware platforms success. And it isn't until a platform drops in price that it is usually able to branch out into more mainstream appeal and really start getting an install base. So having a strong launch-lineup of games is usually inconsequential in the long run. The biggest draw in this day and age for a launch-lineup is in reassuring potential customers of strong third-party support. But as several of the other posters here have pointed out, third-party multi-platform titles "don't count" for launch titles.

The Switch isn't going to live and die by its initial sales. How Nintendo handles their platform in the lead-up to holiday 2017 is what's going to be significant. The Switch is being launched in March, a strategy that is normally employed for portable systems, not home consoles. (which usually get a holiday launch in the fall) Nintendo intends to get the launch out of the way early in the year, and then build momentum for a solid holiday sales season. (with Mario Odyssey leading the charge) If a lot of the comments in this thread are to be believed, their strategy is likely going to work. A lot of fans here are claiming they are going to wait until later in the year. By that point Nintendo will have the Switch's on-line support sorted out and tested. The Switch will be prepared for a bigger audience, with a proven system-seller franchise to drive it.

Essentially, all of the early-adopters are going to get to be beta-testers for the next seven or eight months. If you're pre-ordering the Switch for next week, you would do well to get used to this idea. If you imagine that you're going to be getting a complete digital wonderland, you will be sorely disappointed. The Switch as an entertainment platform is not going to be finished when it launches on March 3rd.

The embargo is lifted on unboxing today.

The embargo on reviews is lifted on March 1st

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXo3ZmlZngg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAzZYZ31vCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TD2vI0s-10

GameXplain Live Q&A  - A review on some of the questions. Currently live at 12:07 PM Est 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x6D4DL8hzk

Anyone has any experience doing this?
I wanted to know if it was possible to switch my Gray Unit for the Neon Unit at the midnight launch.

Assuming that they have any extra neon consoles within the store.
Bring someone with you not buying a system
They may count your pre order as your "1 per customer limit" so safest is to have someone with you that can buy it so you can return your gray

Assuming they won't just switch it on the fly for you but I believe they have to cash you out with what you ordered

I have a question about how GC works.
The map freebie says while supplies last.
I placed order but there is no mention of getting free map.
I've heard horror stories about having to wait on line at GC and getting to counter and finding out they gave all freebies away in a first come first served in in spite of wether there was a preordered or not.
I placed the order and no mention of map.
Does this mean map allotment is gone or just the way GC works, first come first served on release day.
I'm not one to wait on line for hours for midnight opening or wait all night for morning Release. I have an invalid mother with the case of nerves.
When I preordered it through GameStop.com, the game's page said that I would receive it with the game.

If they don't ship the map, I'll just return it and get it at BB with the GCU discount. Since I got free 2 day shipping with this order, I'm not risking anything.

During the livestream above, he shows a mini-menu for Zelda on the home screen that has a My Nintendo rewards benefit selection, and Zelda is a physical software game. Interesting.

This really sucks, but let's look on the bright side of that release:

• Confirmed eShop balance sharing with your 3DS and Wii U.
  • FAST RMX is releasing at launch, which is cool I guess.
  • ... NEW SHOVEL KNIGHT CAMPAIGN AT LAUNCH! Specter Knight looks great. Who needs Virtual Console when you have this?
Fast RMX will be another title I pick up at launch, then. Heard good things about the Wii U version.

Well, the Target I work for received 20 Switch consoles today. They come 5 to a box. We will probably receive more by next week. The problem is, we only received 4 Zelda games and 4 pro controllers so far.

Well, the Target I work for received 20 Switch consoles today. They come 5 to a box. We will probably receive more by next week. The problem is, we only received 4 Zelda games and 4 pro controllers so far.
Are those vanilla copies of Zelda or the Special Edition?

I love Nintendo, love Zelda, love Mario, Animal Crossing, etc etc etc...but c'mon guys! Then, to top it off...as far as I know there's been no concrete announcements on the Virtual Console yet? Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd LOVE to be wrong...but so far all I've heard is rumors that they'll do the same thing as on the Wii U. Which, is to say you have to pay an "upgrade fee" to upgrade the games you ALREADY OWN to the Wii. I mean, at the very lease they could make the Nintendo owned games free to upgrade, I can understand to a degree maybe why they wouldn't/couldn't make 3rd party games free...

I don't see anything wrong with Nintendo charging $1.50 in order to get the updated version of a VC game. Porting it over to Wii U and adding features isn't free. Someone worked on that. Same thing with porting it over to Switch now. Paying a small fee seems reasonable to me. At the end of the day when you bought the VC games, you bought them on Wii. That's what you paid for. Nintendo doesn't owe us anything.

And while Sony does usually give the PS4 and Vita versions of games you bought on PS3 for free, that's them offering good customer service. But I can understand why Nintendo charges the small fee. Extra man hours went into porting those games over.

bread's done
Back