Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

While I'm a little sad there are no street pass type features built into the switch, this more than makes up for it. So tired of my 3ds draining after 2 days in sleep from a full charge.
So true. I don't even use sleep mode on my 3DS anymore because it's so bad. While the Vita isn't perfect, it's sleep mode is one of it's best features. So I'm happy to see the NS is up to the task.

While I had family members got to midnight launches.
What should I generally expect from one?

Long lines? I'm just planning to bring my 3DS and receipts maybe get there 10 or 5 minutes before it opens.  

Last edited by a moderator:
With only 50 extra, I don't think you can get it the next day. A lot of people that did not preorder will show up at midnight , so if you want to wait for Friday, at least go there first thing in the morning
If this was a holiday release, I would say your correct. But if a store has 50 over and above their preorder numbers, he should be fine.

I'm concerned, but still waiting on word from Nintendo. If they say it's a patch-able issue I'll keep my pre-order. If not I won't get it at launch, no matter how excited I am to get it.
Do you have plans to get a pro controller, or are you mainly going to be playing in handheld mode? The signal issue has only been reported to be happening when the joy cons are removed from the console. Are these ideal solutions? Not for all, but why would you let an avoidable problem kill your enjoyment? (unless you can't, controllers are expensive) Unless it is about the principle of the thing, which we won't know for sure until the launch patches come out or Nintendo gives a statement.

And yes the controller connection thing sounds like it can be pretty crappy, but I will wait until they get a chance to fix it. The fact that it never came up in the touring events has me the most confused.

With only 50 extra, I don't think you can get it the next day. A lot of people that did not preorder will show up at midnight , so if you want to wait for Friday, at least go there first thing in the morning
Yeah, I'll probably just go to the midnight release about an hour before midnight. I can't try in the morning because I have to be at work before they open. I could always use one of my personal days though. Lol

Let's all not forget the Switch consoles and Zelda Master/Special Editions Amazon will inevitably sell exclusively on Prime Now, because apparently that's just a thing now.

Good to see that there Will be extras to go around for people that could pre-order. Funny thing is my girl apparently saw a commercial for the NS and asked me when I got home. "What's up with that new controller for the Wii" she thought it was a new gamepad for the Wii U. Lol!

Is it just me, or is beginning to look like Nintendo is over-stocking the launch of the Switch, as opposed to under-stocking? If some of these stock numbers are to be believed, every store is going to have at least 30-40 un-claimed Switchs ready for launch day. Given the fact that this system is an unknown, and has only been promoted for a few months, that seems like a lot of stock. It seems quite likely to me that anyone who wants a Switch on launch day will be able to walk into just about any big-box retailer and get one. I don't think a lot of casual consumers are going to be lining up for this thing.
No one knows. And I'd say a new product means more demand early on as much as the opposite.

I don't know if anyone brought this up, but there was discussion earlier about using other USB-C chargers, and this is in a recent Ars Technica article:

I thought the Switch's USB-C charging port would mean I could use any standard external battery pack to charge the system away from an outlet on long trips. Testing with the Jackery Titan S, though, I was only able to get a trickle charge of about 1 percent every six minutes. That charge was so weak that, during normal gameplay, the Switch actually died on me while it was still plugged in to the external battery pack.

This could just be an issue of voltage—the packaged wall outlet is rated for 15V/2.6A, while the battery pack is only rated at 5V/3A—or it might be an issue with confusing USB-C charging standards. In any case, don't expect perfect compatibility with third-party chargers.

I think it might be best just to buy a Nintendo branded AC adapter so it won't charge slowly, and you don't risk draining your battery life, don't you think?

Also does Zelda save your game directly to the cart, the 32gb system memory, or additional storage memory card? I'm pretty sure it's inevitability that I'm going to have to buy a new version of the system sometime down the line.  I want to make sure saves can be transferred easily.

I think it might be best just to buy a Nintendo branded AC adapter so it won't charge slowly, and you don't risk draining your battery life, don't you think?
Seriously, I know this is CAG but just buy the branded stuff for the brand new console that people are dropping 3 bills on.

He is here to complain. Why do the mods not take action? This has been going on for weeks now. Whine about something they have no interest in. If this was a Sony thread I'd be banned.
He's a troll. Just shame him when he acts up to keep him in line.

Also does Zelda save your game directly to the cart, the 32gb system memory, or additional storage memory card? I'm pretty sure it's inevitability that I'm going to have to buy a new version of the system sometime down the line. I want to make sure saves can be transferred easily.
Game carts are read only. SD cards can't be used until day 1 patch but no reason to believe you can't save to them or the internal memory

Also does Zelda save your game directly to the cart, the 32gb system memory, or additional storage memory card? I'm pretty sure it's inevitability that I'm going to have to buy a new version of the system sometime down the line. I want to make sure saves can be transferred easily.
I would guess it'll be the same as 3DS where games mostly save to carts, but then some don't because... Reasons. And the system memory/cards are for digital games or "extra data" like patches/DLC/whatever.

e: Jack answered, so ignore my speculation!

Hey calismasker, did your store get all of their stock in already? As in games, systems LEs ect? I'm mostly interested on if you got the preordered master editions in yet. Also are you east/west coast/middle to try and gauge when stores will be getting them in. Thanks for all the help so far here!

hmmm conflicting info lol

It's funny that we're six days from launch and every different person has so many separate questions still.

I can't find it right now but Nintendo said that game saves will be stored locally in system memory. That may change with the Day 1 patch, may not.

Nevermind, found it.

"If no microSDXC card is used, everything is stored in internal NAND memory. If a microSDXC card is used, game save data is stored in internal NAND memory while data that can be redownloaded, such as digital games, game updates, and DLC, is stored on the microSDXC card. Nintendo Switch game cards are non-writable; game save data is stored in internal NAND memory."

Direct qoute from Nintendo.

Hey calismasker, did your store get all of their stock in already? As in games, systems LEs ect? I'm mostly interested on if you got the preordered master editions in yet. Also are you east/west coast/middle to try and gauge when stores will be getting them in. Thanks for all the help so far here!
Only games we got in are Bomberman and Slylanders. Accessories we got in a couple of Zelda case bundle things and pro controllers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys think the Switch will actually sell out or will I be able to walk into the store at launch and buy one off the shelf?

I wonder if Nintendo is avoiding saves/backups to the SD card because of all the hacking that happened on the 3DS.

Do you guys think the Switch will actually sell out or will I be able to walk into the store at launch and buy one off the shelf?
3 months after Christmas?
At least in my state people are still recovering from that, safe to say depending on where you live you can just walk in and get one.

Do you have plans to get a pro controller, or are you mainly going to be playing in handheld mode? The signal issue has only been reported to be happening when the joy cons are removed from the console. Are these ideal solutions? Not for all, but why would you let an avoidable problem kill your enjoyment? (unless you can't, controllers are expensive) Unless it is about the principle of the thing, which we won't know for sure until the launch patches come out or Nintendo gives a statement.

And yes the controller connection thing sounds like it can be pretty crappy, but I will wait until they get a chance to fix it. The fact that it never came up in the touring events has me the most confused.
I plan to get the Pro controller later on, likely once Splatoon 2 hits. That is if the problem is fixable with a patch. I could afford the Pro controller now, but I rather wait since I'm already spending so much. Getting the Switch, the Master Edition of BotW, Bomberman R, Snipperclips, and Fast RMX at launch, plus The Binding of Isaac two weeks later. (That's not to mention games like Horizon, NieR, and Mass Effect: Andromeda on PS4.) Would rather not have to buy the Pro controller now.

And yes, if the problem isn't fixable with a patch I won't pick up the system mostly due to the principle of the thing. I'm not paying $300+ for a system that has faulty controllers. Even if there's a recall and Nintendo offers new ones free of charge. I won't support that at launch. I don't think any of us should. We shouldn't reward bad behavior.

I'm wondering how soon you will be able to find a pro controller since they seemed so popular and in short supply when preordering. I am thinking of canceling my order since I used $5 cash(petty I know, but I also put $50 cash down on my switch preorder) and then wait to get a pro controller when they are readily available.

both. Quantities will be abundant on launch day and then it should sell out in a day or two. Once the shelves are empty then suddenly everyone will want one, and they'll have to wait until the first restock.

These Zelda reviews are going to make demand spike in the coming week. Gamers everywhere are going to get jealous as soon as they start seeing people playing Zelda in public.

Anyone think Nintendo would partner up with an indie developer to create a 2D Metroid for the Switch? They clearly have no interest in making Metroid games themselves, but the demand is obviously there, as well as the growing relationship with multiple smaller developers who specialize in that type of game.

I doubt anything would be announced during their upcoming "Nindie" broadcast, but the fact they have broadcasts specifically for indie games leads me to believe it's not out of the question.

I plan to get the Pro controller later on, likely once Splatoon 2 hits. That is if the problem is fixable with a patch. I could afford the Pro controller now, but I rather wait since I'm already spending so much. Getting the Switch, the Master Edition of BotW, Bomberman R, Snipperclips, and Fast RMX at launch, plus The Binding of Isaac two weeks later. (That's not to mention games like Horizon, NieR, and Mass Effect: Andromeda on PS4.) Would rather not have to buy the Pro controller now.

And yes, if the problem isn't fixable with a patch I won't pick up the system mostly due to the principle of the thing. I'm not paying $300+ for a system that has faulty controllers. Even if there's a recall and Nintendo offers new ones free of charge. I won't support that at launch. I don't think any of us should. We shouldn't reward bad behavior.
Damn dude. I canceled my Nioh, Beserk & Resident evil 7 preorders just to have time to dedicate to Horizon & Zelda. You sir are a true gamer. :bow:

Anyone think Nintendo would partner up with an indie developer to create a 2D Metroid for the Switch? They clearly have no interest in making Metroid games themselves, but the demand is obviously there, as well as the growing relationship with multiple smaller developers who specialize in that type of game.

I doubt anything would be announced during their upcoming "Nindie" broadcast, but the fact they have broadcasts specifically for indie games leads me to believe it's not out of the question.
That would be awesome. They should just release AM2R on Switch, I'd probably buy it lol.

both. Quantities will be abundant on launch day and then it should sell out in a day or two. Once the shelves are empty then suddenly everyone will want one, and they'll have to wait until the first restock.

These Zelda reviews are going to fuel the demand in the coming week. Gamers everywhere are going to get jealous as soon as they start seeing people playing Zelda in public.
Zelda is the only reason I want one at launch now. I was thinking Horizon Zero Dawn could give me my Zelda fix but nah. The more I see of it the less impressed I am. Just looks like Far Cry Primal with robots. BOTW looks like a once in a generation type of game.

Could someone check Best Buy store 603 for extra neon consoles if they get a chance? I ordered gray and decided I really really want a neon.

I would have to say no, because at this point they're clearly refusing to do so out of spite.

I would have to say no, because at this point they're clearly refusing to do so out of spite.
True, but we've seen before that spite won't keep them away from piles of money too long. Would theoretically not be a huge financial risk, either. One of their big launch games is a game developed by an indie studio, so it seems like they'll be doing more of this in the future.

Not to mention they could take what would normally be a $15-20 indie game, slap Metroid on it, and charge $25-30.

If this was a holiday release, I would say your correct. But if a store has 50 over and above their preorder numbers, he should be fine.

So true. I don't even use sleep mode on my 3DS anymore because it's so bad. While the Vita isn't perfect, it's sleep mode is one of it's best features. So I'm happy to see the NS is up to the task.

BTW, the Edge Zelda review is out, and it got a 10. That's damn good coming from Edge, they never give out 10's.
What are you doing voice of dissension? I thought you were only here to troll the thread and send all these fuck ing crybabies into a tailspin of anxiety that some one's opinion doesn't conform with their own???!?!?!?!?

On a serious note, I appreciate you, and hope you continue to provide meaningful adult conversation within the thread. Don't let the haters get you down.

No, no more Metriod. [What probably happens in their mind]
You don't know what you want, but Nintendo does know what's best for you. So be Thankful that they know better than you.

What are you doing voice of dissension? I thought you were only here to troll the thread and send all these fucking crybabies into a tailspin of anxiety that some one's opinion doesn't conform with their own???!?!?!?!?

On a serious note, I appreciate you, and hope you continue to provide meaningful adult conversation within the thread. Don't let the haters get you down.
All that you have done in this thread is complain about people complaining about people complaining. Get a new schtick. You can't pretend you're just here for innocent conversation and then also call everyone "fucking crybabies". You're either here to be a dick, or you're not. Pick one.

True, but we've seen before that spite won't keep them away from piles of money too long. Would theoretically not be a huge financial risk, either. One of their big launch games is a game developed by an indie studio, so it seems like they'll be doing more of this in the future.

Not to mention they could take what would normally be a $15-20 indie game, slap Metroid on it, and charge $25-30.
Zero Mission was over a decade ago, man. The Wii and Wii U came and went in the time since we got a proper 2D 'Troid. If they never got desperate enough to do it during the last few years, I don't think they ever will. The most we can hope for is them trying to cut a middle ground like Other M again.

Personally, any hope of them treating the brand with any respect at all disappeared with the announcement of Federation Force. If they're willing to slap the Metroid name on that, they clearly don't give a single shit about it anymore.

All that you have done in this thread is complain about people complaining about people complaining. Get a new schtick. You can't pretend you're just here for innocent conversation and then also call everyone "fucking crybabies". You're either here to be a dick, or you're not. Pick one.
Not true, but ok. Every time I posted a valid criticism of nintendo I got labeled a troll just like chris. You guys are being dicks to him just because you don't agree. If you have such a problem with his or my posts, block us you dunce.

Zero Mission was over a decade ago, man. The Wii and Wii U came and went in the time since we got a proper 2D 'Troid. If they never got desperate enough to do it during the last few years, I don't think they ever will. The most we can hope for is them trying to cut a middle ground like Other M again.

Personally, any hope of them treating the brand with any respect at all disappeared with the announcement of Federation Force. If they're willing to slap the Metroid name on that, they clearly don't give a single shit about it anymore.
I'm not even a fan of the 2D games(I want a new Prime game) but I still think it's hilarious if they're completely ignoring the fanbase. I think some representative said they made Federation Force because of the demand for another Metroid game. They simply don't understand much outside of the corporate cultural. There is seemingly a class system and the guys up top can't be bothered by the little people, because the devs say stuff like they KNOW there is demand, but none of their bosses care

Yeah, but I'd at least HOPE they recognize the overwhelming negative reaction that got. If nothing else, I'm sure the sales showed it. Same with Other M.

But then after Federation Force they did this whole rolling out the red carpet for Axiom Verge (they really went all out), which seems to have done well enough to warrant a physical release on Wii U. I gotta imagine there's at least someone in their offices who realizes that's just money waiting to be made there.

And just to be clear you are absolutely being a crybaby telling some one they aren't allowed to post a dissenting opinion on a public forum, just because you don't agree with the content of their post.

Chris has provided plenty to the general conversation besides being critical of nintendo. He has never told any one how to spend their money, or that they shouldn't buy the system. Pointing out flaws and valid criticisms are healthy for a meaningful conversation, and allows people to make judgements on value for themselves. I'd much rather have substantive discussions about the system and nintendo's problems in the past, than a fuck ing circle jerk praising nintendo for 2,500 posts.

I'm willing to bet we get a new, true 2D Metroid game next year. Whether they announce it at E3 or what, who knows, but with Retro making DKC Returns as a side scroller, I think that may be a good indication with what they have planned for Metroid. God, I'd be so hyped for that.

anyone who works at best buy know if this is true

They are telling me if you buy the  50 buck 2 year warranty   IF anything happens in those 2 years   THEY WILL give you  your 300 bucks back to rebuy the switch at a later time

I know they did this in the past and stopped it  (cause people were bringing systems back every 2 years and demanding a new system, at least locally they went to  repair  the system or  replaced with a  used system...

tempted to get 50 buck 2 year warranty if i know   if they break it in  2 years we  get our  300 back 

And just to be clear you are absolutely being a crybaby telling some one they aren't allowed to post a dissenting opinion on a public forum, just because you don't agree with the content of their post.

Chris has provided plenty to the general conversation besides being critical of nintendo. He has never told any one how to spend their money, or that they shouldn't buy the system. Pointing out flaws and valid criticisms are healthy for a meaningful conversation, and allows people to make judgements on value for themselves. I'd much rather have substantive discussions about the system and nintendo's problems in the past, than a fuck ing circle jerk praising nintendo for 2,500 posts.
Thank you for writing this. It needs to be said. Disagreement and discussion is healthy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Everyone is going to need a "c" type cable and a charger here r links to some on SD,

https://slickdeals.net/f/9809663-iclever-boostcube-4-8a-24w-dual-usb-travel-wall-charger-with-smartid-technology-foldable-plug-white-for-5-99

https://slickdeals.net/f/9809847-tronsmart-2-pack-6-usb-c-to-usb-c-cable-7-99-free-shipping-w-prime

I believe it's "c" and quick chargers that the switch uses.

I've have both brands, the cable are usb3. They're a bit stiff, but other than that they fit good.

The charger is not exactly this model, but made by them and I use it every day with no problem and s quick charge on my iPhone and .

anyone who works at best buy know if this is true

They are telling me if you buy the 50 buck 2 year warranty IF anything happens in those 2 years THEY WILL give you your 300 bucks back to rebuy the switch at a later time

I know they did this in the past and stopped it (cause people were bringing systems back every 2 years and demanding a new system, at least locally they went to repair the system or replaced with a used system...

tempted to get 50 buck 2 year warranty if i know if they break it in 2 years we get our 300 back
Nope that's not how it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not true, but ok. Every time I posted a valid criticism of nintendo I got labeled a troll just like chris. You guys are being dicks to him just because you don't agree. If you have such a problem with his or my posts, block us you dunce.

You call me a crybaby (for what exactly?) and then go on to claim you want healthy, meaningful conversation. Okay. :roll:

I also have no issue with Chris at all and have talked with him on numerous occasions. He can get a bit long-winded, but he's passionate and I appreciate that. He contributes. Literally every other regular poster here disagrees about one thing or another, hence the hundreds upon hundreds of posts. But you're just being needlessly antagonistic to everyone, why even bother? Oh well, you do you bud. Have a nice day.

Damn dude. I canceled my Nioh, Beserk & Resident evil 7 preorders just to have time to dedicate to Horizon & Zelda. You sir are a true gamer. :bow:
Ha ha, thanks, but I should make clear that I'm not even picking up Horizon at release date just so I can dedicate time to Zelda. I don't want to have to rush through either of those games. And I'll likely play NieR and Mass Effect: Andromeda before Horizon, as I'll probably need those as a palette cleanser since both Horizon and BotW are so similar and are both huge open worlds.

bread's done
Back