Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Anyone think Nintendo would partner up with an indie developer to create a 2D Metroid for the Switch? They clearly have no interest in making Metroid games themselves, but the demand is obviously there, as well as the growing relationship with multiple smaller developers who specialize in that type of game.

I doubt anything would be announced during their upcoming "Nindie" broadcast, but the fact they have broadcasts specifically for indie games leads me to believe it's not out of the question.
In a GameSpot interview, Reggie alluded that by this time next year there will be a Metroid game out. It'll likely be announced at E3.

Nope that's not how it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how does it work then cause i called 2 different ones and that is what they told me .... that you would get a brand new system if not you get your 300 back .... if the system price falls (say switch is 149 ) they would give you new system + 150

Ha ha, thanks, but I should make clear that I'm not even picking up Horizon at release date just so I can dedicate time to Zelda. I don't want to have to rush through either of those games. And I'll likely play NieR and Mass Effect: Andromeda before Horizon, as I'll probably need those as a palette cleanser since both Horizon and BotW are so similar and are both huge open worlds.
You should check out the Gamespot (I think) preview, they discuss going from Horizon directly to Zelda and they say players don't need to worry about being burnt out and how they're different experiences. Zelda being more exploration whereas Horizon is a bit smaller and more linear and story/lore-based.

All that you have done in this thread is complain about people complaining about people complaining. Get a new schtick. You can't pretend you're just here for innocent conversation and then also call everyone "fucking crybabies". You're either here to be a dick, or you're not. Pick one.
I haven't gone back and read at the sh., throwing, r u guys best buds and I'm missing something, I think it obvious from the second portion of his comment that he was being sarcastic.
I don't know of his previous posts or ur response over the years.
I just can't tell if ur seriously busting him, when I think he's just having fun. Anyway that's the way I read his comments.
I don't mean to perpetuate this on going slam, but r we taking cues from the president now and censoring or not letting some news syndicates in Bc they have the nerve to print what they want.
I hope everyone is kidding, at least about some of this banter.

Personally I find it all good, just not the personal attacks.

Wow, so I am having a hard time keeping up with the two very different conversations, well one is an argument. Kinda confused, is everyone mad because of the warranty or because they haven't been charged yet for their preorder at GameStop??

I would like to know if we are moving to thread 3.0 because I am ready to give a substantive post but I don't want it to go to waste.

You should check out the Gamespot (I think) preview, they discuss going from Horizon directly to Zelda and they say players don't need to worry about being burnt out and how they're different experiences. Zelda being more exploration whereas Horizon is a bit smaller and more linear and story/lore-based.
Thanks for the heads up. Thing is Horizon might not be as huge as BotW, but it's still a pretty big game. You have to play for more than 30 hours just to get to the ending. To get all the extra stuff (not to mention Trophies), it'll be a pretty big time investment. I rather play that later, so I can give enough time to both it and Zelda. And knowing myself I rather play something between those two, as I will likely get burnt out if I play two open worlds back to back.

Thanks for the heads up. Thing is Horizon might not be as huge as BotW, but it's still a pretty big game. You have to play for more than 30 hours just to get to the ending. To get all the extra stuff (not to mention Trophies), it'll be a pretty big time investment. I rather play that later, so I can give enough time to both it and Zelda. And knowing myself I rather play something between those two, as I will likely get burnt out if I play two open worlds back to back.
Oh yeah, they said they put 60 hours in for 80-something% completion, so it's definitely big. Just a different big, I guess.

And of course I want reasonable adult conversations, however not even 5 pages back people were once again calling chris a troll, wondering why mods hadn't banned him and more needless drivel. That's when we've moved passed the point of adult conversation, and people acting like children need to be called on it. I'm sorry (not really) if the content of my posts bothered you, but I enjoy the banter chris provides regardless of the length, and don't want people acting like its acceptable to try and silence some ones voice because they disagree with him, or can't be bothered to read 2 paragraphs of text.

But that block button isn't going anywhere buddy, do us both a favor and just block me if you have such serious issue with what I have to say because I will fire back at you when you attack me. 

Have any of you picked a case yet? I want the smallest one possible, but it seems like there's a few of them.
I'm planning on (hopefully) just using the Zelda SE case... even though it's hands down the ugliest one. Brown and blue, Nintendo?! What were you thinking?

The one that Nintendo sent all the reviewers seems really nice, though. Would probably be my second choice. http://www.gamestop.com/nes/accessories/nintendo-switch-case-with-screen-protecter/141858

Here is where Reggie alludes to a Metroid coming out before this time next year. https://youtu.be/mLAu113idcs?t=8m36s

I recommend watching the whole interview, though. Very informative, and Reggie actually admits how certain things went wrong with the Wii U.
I went thru quite a few of the videos on ur link.
Now I come from a PS4 and Xbox world. I just got the galaxy and pikachu 3ds xl.
Having never played it bf and going by the pix, it seemed that the button setup would be like the other manufacturer ones, but the a and b are interchanged making it more challenging. I like the 3ds and am just getting to know it.

Anyway, it seems kinda funny to see grown people holding such a small controller, especially in two player mode. That's why I ordered the pro.
Or seeing to grow people staring at the unit on a coffee table during play.
I don't get a lot of things Nintendo does with its system, like the random tn screens versus ips ones. I believe the units I have r tn Bc they both look the same, so I don't think I can comment on the others qualities. On the other tread for pikachu 3ds, someone commented that they thought it would make more sense to sell both and those that want the ips should pay more money for their units.
Stuff like that, not including wired connection for internet, not supplying power supplies and I believe the switch is 4k, but I believe it doesn't have a disc option, I haven't seen anybody show it off in videos, nor does it look big enough to have one.

What I'm saying is compared to the other systems, Nintendo goes by the beat of a different drummer and doesn't want to be mainstream.
After having the 3ds xl in my hands in the last days, I can't wait to get my hands on the switch.

how does it work then cause i called 2 different ones and that is what they told me .... that you would get a brand new system if not you get your 300 back .... if the system price falls (say switch is 149 ) they would give you new system + 150
If something is wrong with console it gets shipped off to the service center and you get a refurb one sent to you in about 3 days. This can be done as many times in the 2 year plan. If it gets sent off for the same problem 3 times then you will get a new one. Once that is done then the plan is considered fulfilled

That being said I'm still going to buy the service plan just for the fact that it covers both controllers with a 1 time replacement. I mean one controller by itself is $50 which is the cost of the plan. Plus covers accidental and battery. Hell in 2 years I'll just say it's not charging as well and get another one. Don't care if it's refurb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
An overstock situation will affect everyone differently.

If you are a general consumer, than this would be great. Overstocking the Switch is the best possible scenario for the average consumer. It doesn't hurt them in any way, and gives them plenty of options. The chances are good that there will be stock near them, so they don't have to travel far to get one. It's also likely that they won't have to wait in line. If they don't feel like getting a Switch right this moment, they can be reasonably confident that it will still be available when/if they do decide to get one. (no time pressure) Solid stock also means no worries about flippers trying to take advantage of early adopters who didn't pre-order. For general consumers, there's no downside.

Brick-and-mortar stores are the ones who have the most to lose from this scenario. Stores win when units sell out, and then get immediately re-stocked to sell out again. And ideally, both of these scenarios would involve large numbers of units. Stores win when there are very large numbers of units going through, and constant turnover on those units. This is why they loved the Wii so much. Even with weekly shipments, it kept selling out for months on end. This is why they didn't like the Wii U. The Wii U squatted on store shelves like a toad, taking up space and not garnering sales. Stores will be a little more forgiving of the Switch, partially due to its small box. It's going to take up less room on shelves, which makes it more efficient for stocking more units. But stores will be much happier if the demand for the Switch skyrockets, a dubious proposition given the time of year.

For Nintendo themselves, it's more of a mixed bag. On the one hand, not having sell-outs and rabid demand for more units will likely make the Switch's launch seem less impressive to the press. That's not the kind of messaging they want getting out. At the same time, having plenty of stock on shelves means potentially steady sales for the next few months, which is good for the bottom line and good at building momentum. Nintendo's challenge is going to be increasing demand to balance out with the supply available.

Wow thanks for posting those articles on the usb c chargers. I'm not getting a Nintendo brand AC adapter at launch. I've spent too much already. Maybe I'll try the cable that comes with the pro controller.

I went thru quite a few of the videos on ur link.
Now I come from a PS4 and Xbox world. I just got the galaxy and pikachu 3ds xl.
Having never played it bf and going by the pix, it seemed that the button setup would be like the other manufacturer ones, but the a and b are interchanged making it more challenging. I like the 3ds and am just getting to know it.

Anyway, it seems kinda funny to see grown people holding such a small controller, especially in two player mode. That's why I ordered the pro.
Or seeing to grow people staring at the unit on a coffee table during play.
I don't get a lot of things Nintendo does with its system, like the random tn screens versus ips ones. I believe the units I have r tn Bc they both look the same, so I don't think I can comment on the others qualities. On the other tread for pikachu 3ds, someone commented that they thought it would make more sense to sell both and those that want the ips should pay more money for their units.
Stuff like that, not including wired connection for internet, not supplying power supplies and I believe the switch is 4k, but I believe it doesn't have a disc option, I haven't seen anybody show it off in videos, nor does it look big enough to have one.

What I'm saying is compared to the other systems, Nintendo goes by the beat of a different drummer and doesn't want to be mainstream.
After having the 3ds xl in my hands in the last days, I can't wait to get my hands on the switch.
  • Yeah, if you're used to an Xbox controller, the Nintendo one will get some getting used to at first. The way the buttons are inverted will mean there will be some mistakes while your brain gets used to the new button positions.

• Yeah, Nintendo using both TN and IPS screens is one of their bad decisions. Nintendo not supplying chargers with their 3DS systems is another one. Only the most ardent fanboy would deny this.

• The Switch doesn't have 4K. The screen on it is 720p, and when docked it's usually 1080p, or upscaled to 1080p.

• It also doesn't have a disc drive. Cartridges are now better, though. They load games faster.

• Yep, Nintendo definitely goes by the beat of its own drum. Which has its pros and cons.

CNET's Investigative Journalism on the Nintendo Switch Kickstand

[media]https://youtu.be/PPtPIpXwpvs[/media]

Just look at the Like/Dislike ratio of that video  :rofl: 

This is not the first time CNET writers have had issues:

01ahWLp.gif

c9Ups.gif

Just look at the Like/Dislike ratio of that video :rofl:
Nintendo is DOOMED.

Seriously though, this happened a couple of times to the Easy Allies guys when they unboxed it. The kickstand does seem to be a bit flimsy. But just don't push the system and it won't topple over. Easy fix.

Nintendo is DOOMED.

Seriously though, this happened a couple of times to the Easy Allies guys when they unboxed it. The kickstand does seem to be a bit flimsy. But just don't push the system and it won't topple over. Easy fix.
Giant Beastcast talked about it, says it's a horrible feeling thing, and you "just know" it's going to break every time you use it. The pro was you won't use it because the screen is small enough it doesn't make sense to. One guy said he started looking for the real kickstand for a minute because because surely that wasn't it. Also mentioned if you have big hands you aren't going to like the Joycons. Glad I cancelled mine for that, want a hands on before I make the choice.

On a serious note, I appreciate you, and hope you continue to provide meaningful adult conversation within the thread. Don't let the haters get you down.
I appreciate your posts. People just mad were not taking part in the circle jerk. It's a public forum. God forbid you say anything bad about Nintendo. I have a console pre ordered and hold Nintendo stock so I have a solid interest in them doing good. The only way companies improve is when people point out where they are fucking up. Not by putting your head in the sand and ignore clear short comings.
Thank you kind sirs, greatly appreciated! Contrary to popular beliefs, I'm not here to burn "N" to the ground. LOL

Here is where Reggie alludes to a Metroid coming out before this time next year. https://youtu.be/mLAu113idcs?t=8m36s

I recommend watching the whole interview, though. Very informative, and Reggie actually admits how certain things went wrong with the Wii U.
Reggie really doesn't have a choice at this point acknowledging the Wii U's short comings, as we all know most of his statements are half truths, or just flat "spin" pieces, but to say the Wii U was perfect and had no issues would be pretty much lying, and burning any possible bridges of the truth he may have left. LOL

Normally when he alludes to something, you can take it 50/50, as the standard N3DS did come out after one of these moments. But I've seen other times where nothing has happened.

I do believe a Metroid will show up at some point, but if it will be worth playing or not remains to be seen. I like how the head Zelda guy mentioned how their young staff members influenced the new Zelda, by discussion games and attributes outside of "N". This is possibly the best news I've heard from them in years.

I've been saying for years, put the young and "hungry" college kids and interns on games and watch the creativity fly. There's just way to many chiefs over there and not enough Indians who know good game design anymore. I hope this is the start of a new level of change over there. Miyamoto was a young college graduate when he started, who was mainly an art guy, and look what he did for the company. I would also vote for a young guy to run the company, but I guess for now, I should be happy baby steps are getting made.

Giant Beastcast talked about it, says it's a horrible feeling thing, and you "just know" it's going to break every time you use it. The pro was you won't use it because the screen is small enough it doesn't make sense to. One guy said he started looking for the real kickstand for a minute because because surely that wasn't it. Also mentioned if you have big hands you aren't going to like the Joycons. Glad I cancelled mine for that, want a hands on before I make the choice.
Yeah, if you have big hands you'll probably need the Pro controller.

I wonder if this means that a day one patch might be available for BotW that will take advantage of this higher performance and the framerate issues will therefore be solved. Hope that's the case.
Realize this processor has been in other things for a while now, and some of the ports from PS3 and 360 aren't quite as good as the originals, even though the should be better. Depends on optimization.

I hope we get a new traditional Metroid someday but.... they've never sold on the same level as Mario or Zelda. These are apparently the lifetime worldwide sales for the series in millions of units sold (probably take these with a grain of salt, especially VGChartz, but still):

[attachment=25637:metroid sales.PNG]

Sources: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700, http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250223/metroid-a-sales-history/

I wonder if this means that a day one patch might be available for BotW that will take advantage of this higher performance and the framerate issues will therefore be solved. Hope that's the case.
It looks like Devs will make the decision, they choose if they want to have it boosted or not on their game before it's released. They make a point to not currently know if Zelda is using this boost or not.

I hope we get a new traditional Metroid someday but.... they've never sold on the same level as Mario or Zelda. These are apparently the lifetime worldwide sales for the series in millions of units sold (probably take these with a grain of salt, especially VGChartz, but still):

attachicon.gif
metroid sales.PNG

Sources: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=963700, http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250223/metroid-a-sales-history/
Yep, it's a sad fact that Metroid isn't as popular as their other big franchises. That's why we haven't seen as many games.

Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are both easily in the Best 50 video games ever made.  I'd rank Super Metroid in the top 5. It's the perfect video game. 

Nintendo is perfectly happy to sell all sorts of shovelware though.  They also operate a giant store in the middle of downtown NYC at a loss so they should know that sometimes you have to pay a little in order to maintain prestige. 

I got Axiom Verge last year, and that more than scratched my Metroid itch, I recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet, or is just tired of waiting around on "N", great game.

Just look at the Like/Dislike ratio of that video :rofl:
I would say that's user ignorance.

Nintendo: Just hit any button on Joy Con to continue.

CNET: Where's the "Any" button on the Joy Con?

Just received notification that WM charged me for the Switch. I do not recall receiving a charge for the initial pre order. Not sure if BB charged me yet because I used a different card.

People say they want real discussions, but on an internet forum I find the attempts to be one measly step above pointless.  You can't judge good faith, you can't read body language, and you can't tell if people are just straight up lying to you.  I occasionally type responses because it is fun to sometime put your thoughts into words, even if they are just ignored, mis-understood, or purposefully misrepresented.

We should set up a town hall for games discussion.  Then we can at least be better than our elected government officials, HA!

Also, Walmart just charged my switch order.

Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are both easily in the Best 50 video games ever made. I'd rank Super Metroid in the top 5. It's the perfect video game.

Nintendo is perfectly happy to sell all sorts of shovelware though. They also operate a giant store in the middle of downtown NYC at a loss so they should know that sometimes you have to pay a little in order to maintain prestige.
Metroid shouldn't have to be the Criterion Collection of Nintendo games. Corruption was outgunned technically by the 360 and PS3 at release and was still fantastic. I really hope the Switch Unreal 4 rumors are true because Metroid running on that would be phenomenal. Hopefully a review at E3 shows some more technically impressive stuff than Breath of the Wild.

bread's done
Back