Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Seen BB has the Neon Joycon set available to preorder. I cancelled my Amazon Preorder for them. But figured I'd post if anyone else was interested. I thought they were sold out everywhere but I could be mistaken. At first I ordered them since i could only order the Gray console and wanted the Neon, so I figured it'd be the same thing. But don't really see myself needing the extra Joycons. Maybe if I pick up Arms but I'm still unsure.

On ign they said the issue with the Joycons happened once in about 20 hours. And they regain control automatically. Doesn't seem like something that's too big of a issue. If you had to resync them manually that'd be a pain.

Think I'm going to pass on the accessories for now though. Besides the case and memory card, which I still have to decide on. Like someone else said, none of them feel like you need to have them. I do find it random the only way to get the blue or red strap is to buy them separately. Even the Neon Joycon set comes with the black straps.

I wish they would elaborate on what the charging problem is. My order has sat in being prepared and Bc on a lot of orders I bought more than one item and some shipped already. I have a whole bunch of verification charges on my account, and at least one was removed by adding a negative amount. CC charges drop after a few days if it just sits there. So now I don't know if on BB end they got the verification. Maybe that the problem, receiving the verification after it been verified by CC.
The report doesn't exactly say at what point the problem is.

Seen BB has the Neon Joycon set available to preorder. I cancelled my Amazon Preorder for them. But figured I'd post if anyone else was interested. I thought they were sold out everywhere but I could be mistaken. At first I ordered them since i could only order the Gray console and wanted the Neon, so I figured it'd be the same thing. But don't really see myself needing the extra Joycons. Maybe if I pick up Arms but I'm still unsure.

On ign they said the issue with the Joycons happened once in about 20 hours. And they regain control automatically. Doesn't seem like something that's too big of a issue. If you had to resync them manually that'd be a pain.

Think I'm going to pass on the accessories for now though. Besides the case and memory card, which I still have to decide on. Like someone else said, none of them feel like you need to have them. I do find it random the only way to get the blue or red strap is to buy them separately. Even the Neon Joycon set comes with the black straps.
Just a heads up, they are available to "preorder" but they aren't actually available for shipping or pick-up. Best Buy does this alot.

Check my CC, last BB charge was 2/24. The first pending, that is still showing, is 2/25 and a bunch from 2/26. It has never taken this long to get it into shipped status and charged.
I blame it on overload. They had that $25 deal, the 3ds xl', became available on 2/24 and now the switch.
I guess I'll call customer service and wait an hour or two to get to one that might know something, only to have a ticket done. Then wait 48hrs, while my charges disappear from pending and is never charged.
I hope the system is being watched and they don't cancel my orders Bc of lack of verification.

I called BB and CS person said the one order that can be shipped now will show preparing until carrier picks up and at that point they will charge.
The preorder, I think he was a little off on that, he said that at the stage it at with the recent verification charge, that my order is set and won't be cancelled. He said release date is 3/3 so it won't show charged and sit in preparing until the carrier picks up and they won't be notified until then. Then with standard shipping it'll take about 5 days to be delivered.
I hope that's not true Bc if they notify carrier on Friday they won't pick it up until next business day, they usually use ups for my orders, so that means the won't pick up until Monday 3/6.
This weekend garbage is why my one order might only ship tomorrow, they got carrier got pick up request today and probably won't pick up until tomorrow.
If carrier is ups, other than when package is in transit between hubs, nothing gets done over weekend and if they don't hand off to one of their partners, I won't get it until delivery date.
Right now 2 of my packages should go out for delivery today, but r sitting there Bc delivery estimate is tues and wed.

eca13411ececa48e1c2445040d7f5118.jpg

My Wal-Mart preorder just went out of my account as well. Order status has it arriving on 3/7, so not sure if they are shipping on launch or not. I grabbed two, one for me, my buddy is taking the other, but I am going to check it out Friday. If it is not for me, I'll just let him take the system and I'll return the second, I dont have time to flip, nor do I want to. People are so particular about stuff now it's not worth the effort.

I had to call them today to get the authorization thing fixed. I think I hopefully fixed it. Why do systems always take so much work to pre-order. I bet a rolodex system would work better at this point. Person gives you there name and phone numbers and he is next in line done. Instead I am high strung wondering if I will get one or not, will my order go through, will something not verify, will my credit card think its fraud, so many things to worry about even with a pre-order. Just charge me in the beginning say its mine and move along. 

Just received shipping email from BB for my Neon Switch console order.  Waiting to be picked up by carrier with an estimated March 2nd delivery date.  

Is everyone from target still in preparing for shipment ? I saw that they put a charge through on 2/24, but not sure if they've been doing that periodically or that is the real charge on my redcard.

For people who preordered consoles from Best Buy: Did any of you use PayPal to order? I did. and was charged immediately - not an authorization, just charged in full. I haven't seen the authorization error, and my order's moved from 'processing' to 'preparing', but I never received any emails about my order starting to process, etc. Is that normal for Best Buy?

For people who preordered consoles from Best Buy: Did any of you use PayPal to order? I did. and was charged immediately - not an authorization, just charged in full. I haven't seen the authorization error, and my order's moved from 'processing' to 'preparing', but I never received any emails about my order starting to process, etc. Is that normal for Best Buy?
When you pay through Paypal, you always get charged right away, so they should have taken the money at the time of the preorder, which would then preclude the authorization error, I think. There's nothing to authorize, they already have the payment.

I didn't get an email when my order changed status - think that's pretty normal.

Is everyone from target still in preparing for shipment ? I saw that they put a charge through on 2/24, but not sure if they've been doing that periodically or that is the real charge on my redcard.
Mine is still preparing. Has been since I placed the order. I'm not expecting it to ship until the 3rd, which will suck, but if it arrives for release date delivery, it will make my weekend all the better.

Edit: I also have a pending charge from the 24th for the console purchase as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else's Zelda SE not passed the processing stage at best buy? Starting to get worried...
Mine is still in preparing. Not ready to be worried about it...yet. I would think if they were going to cancel them they wouldn't have made it to the "preparing" stage,,, Not sure if anyone has had a different experience with that...

I'm so borderline on getting the switch it might come down to whether target ships my console for Friday or not.  I have both versions of zelda preordered and just plan to skip the one I dont need.

I still haven't seen anything change I am getting nervous did you guys only order the grey version? Did any of you who order Neon have shipping activity? 

http://flyhighworks.heteml.jp/games/voez/

"

Q: Can I play even in TV mode?
A: No. This software can not play in TV mode.
Touch the touch screen in mobile mode to play the game.
Button operation is not available. " - provided by google translate

The game will be portable mode only.
hope this means we'll get 3ds support on the switch like with the new fire emblem. Would love to just use the switch only going forward.

Not gonna lie.... jealous at the fact that it looks like Best Buy is shipping already. I originally had a Best Buy preorder, but cancelled the second I got one on Amazon. Amazon "guesstimates" to ship on the 1st...

My grey Switch order from Best Buy says shipped.

and says it's expected to be here on the first.....

no way that happens, right?
It's possible. I remember buying Deadpool Steelbook and receiving it 5 days earlier than release date. Also Guardians of the Galaxy Steelbook I received 3 days earlier than release date. Obiviously, those are movies.

Honestly it all depends on which BB warehouse you get it from and if that warehouse is extremely swamped in shipping deadlines to push yours out early. You never know, hopefully you get yours early.

just more info

I only ordered the grey. and a couple pro controllers (no movement on those, still preparing)

hadn't really been following my orders. Got shipping email at 7:19 this morning. it just says My Shipment information sent to FedEx, so I'm guessing it wont get picked up till tomorrow. and wont get here till the 2nd. hopefully.

also, I switched from in store pick up, to shipping like 2 weeks ago. idk how it worked, but it did

Mine is still in preparing. Not ready to be worried about it...yet. I would think if they were going to cancel them they wouldn't have made it to the "preparing" stage,,, Not sure if anyone has had a different experience with that...

Yeah mine is still in the processing stage not preparing though...

Damn, maybe I should've done shipping instead of in store pickup from Best Buy.

Anyways, I'm already seeing pending charges for my Pro Controller and Guardian amiibo from Best Buy.

It's very possible, as I don't believe distribution centers ship based on your location, and when it might get to you. So if BB is using a 3 day air or something, they will ship everyone's orders in time for the longest distance to arrive by the date given. So if it's shipping from CA, and it needs to be in NY by Friday, they will ship all orders based on that. So while it should reach NY on the proper day, if your closer, it can and often will arrive sooner.

Now a place like Amazon might have a system in place that determines your location is closer, and to not ship your item until sooner to release, but I don't think these places care that much.

It's very possible, as I don't believe distribution centers ship based on your location, and when it might get to you. So if BB is using a 3 day air or something, they will ship everyone's orders in time for the longest distance to arrive by the date given. So if it's shipping from CA, and it needs to be in NY by Friday, they will ship all orders based on that. So while it should reach NY on the proper day, if your closer, it can and often will arrive sooner.

Now a place like Amazon might have a system in place that determines your location is closer, and to not ship your item until sooner to release, but I don't think these places care that much.
amazon tend to get stuff right when they estimate... i've had orders sit 3-4 days just because they shipped it from the closest warehouse ( 45 miles away, I have around 5 warehouse within 4 hours in any direction)

amazon tend to get stuff right when they estimate... i've had orders sit 3-4 days just because they shipped it from the closest warehouse ( 45 miles away, I have around 5 warehouse within 4 hours in any direction)
Then their system probably takes that in to account, they also probably have the biggest distribution network as well, so not surprising they may factor that in.

I've gotten early shipments from just about everyone at one point or another. I've also gotten plenty of orders past the dates given as well.

Newegg used to be the best for me, as they often shipped from CA, and I'm in NV, and I always got early next day delivery when it was supposed to be 3. Sadly, that died ages ago, as they ship from any and everywhere now, and they use that cheap pass off package system, where it goes from one service to another.

Then their system probably takes that in to account, they also probably have the biggest distribution network as well, so not surprising they may factor that in.

I've gotten early shipments from just about everyone at one point or another. I've also gotten plenty of orders past the dates given as well.

Newegg used to be the best for me, as they often shipped from CA, and I'm in NV, and I always got early next day delivery when it was supposed to be 3. Sadly, that died ages ago, as they ship from any and everywhere now, and they use that cheap pass off package system, where it goes from one service to another.
Same here... same state... Newegg and monoprice shipping was one of the few things i looked forward to... and now, that's no longer the case, that and Ontrak for shipping blows chunks. No idea how they are still in business.

One of my pro controllers moved to the SHIPPED state like 20 min ago. same deal as the console supposed to arrive on the 1st, shipping from the same place as the console.

fingers crossed.

They're supposed to put a hold on the shipping so it doesn't release until the 3rd, but it wouldn't surprise me if you got it early. I got my iphone 5 two days early (when I used iphones, cringe). Also a lot of stuff that best buy has shipped before release, I've gotten early. Not a system, but movies and games.

not a fan of my Target.com order that says "expected arrival Mon, Mar 6 - Thu, Mar 9" for the Switch console.

on the bright side, it came out to $275 w/team member discount and red card. 

I had Doctor Strange arrive Saturday when it doesn't release until tomorrow. Definitely possible, but chances are they have the courier hold your package if it's UPS or FedEX.

Movies getting delivered early from Best Buy and Target doesn't really tell us anything since they both use a 3rd party distributor (Alliance) that does that for them.

Looks like BB is now moving forward with my Zelda SE order. They charged my card about 1/2 hour ago and have now moved from "Pre-Ordered" to "Order Received".

Okay, so basically that didn't ease my feeling at all knowing doesn't matter location for in progress status. I really hope this does something soon.

I pre-ordered a tempered glass screen protector on Amazon, but I'm not sure if it will getting to me at launch. Now I just need to find a case that I like.

bread's done
Back