Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

For people who preordered consoles from Best Buy: Did any of you use PayPal to order? I did. and was charged immediately - not an authorization, just charged in full. I haven't seen the authorization error, and my order's moved from 'processing' to 'preparing', but I never received any emails about my order starting to process, etc. Is that normal for Best Buy?
That is why I don't use PayPal on preorders or orders that estimate shipping date more than a week out.
When PC Richards made the switch available for preorder, but it was a mistake, it took almost a week for them to cancel order than 5 days bf I got credited.

http://flyhighworks.heteml.jp/games/voez/

"

Q: Can I play even in TV mode?
A: No. This software can not play in TV mode.
Touch the touch screen in mobile mode to play the game.
Button operation is not available. " - provided by google translate

The game will be portable mode only.
This is great news. This means devs aren't forced to have TV compatibility for all their games. Means touch screen games are an option.

Also hope this means Nintendo themselves might release some of their games that best work with the touch screen that way. i.e. The Kirby touch and go games.

I'm so borderline on getting the switch it might come down to whether target ships my console for Friday or not. I have both versions of zelda preordered and just plan to skip the one I dont need.
Hope Target does ship your order for delivery on the 3rd. It really sucks how bad Target seemingly is for console launches.

This is where we now enter the territory of the five main phases of replies that everyone loves the most!

1. When does XXXX charge my card posts

2. my shipment is preparing posts

3. my order has shipped posts

4. my package came today posts

5. my box came dented complaint posts

you WISH we were still having back-and-forth discussion about the Switch system!  :boxing:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is where we now enter the territory of the five main phases of replies that everyone loves the most!

you WISH we were still having back-and-forth discussion about the Switch system! :boxing:
How'd you know my shipment is preparing :whistle2:k

you WISH we were still having back-and-forth discussion about the Switch system! :boxing:
"My box came dented... is that why my joycon is having sync issues?"

Just to stay in format... all my orders from Best Buy, aside from the new amiibo, show as "preordered" not in progress like others are having.

Fyi if you are ordering through Amazon, buy a gift card and just apply it towards your balance that way you don't have to stress on charges when everything hits

Fyi if you are ordering through Amazon, buy a gift card and just apply it towards your balance that way you don't have to stress on charges when everything hits
I would suggest NOT doing that at this point. That's why your bomberman slipped to the 7th. Anytime you update your payment settings this late it slips you to the back of the line and pushes back delivery.

I would suggest NOT doing that at this point. That's why your bomberman slipped to the 7th. Anytime you update your payment settings this late it slips you to the back of the line and pushes back delivery.
This is the main reason I didn't switch my Master Edition delivery to my work address.

Gamestop just called me to let me know my Switch can be picked up Friday at Midnight, pre-rings start at 6PM. Also said I had until Saturday to pick it up.

I fully pay for something in advance and they hold it a day, never change Gamestop lol

It's nerve-racking lol

But then there's increased risk of damage if you opt for shipping...

Pick your poison I guess

Quick question guys & gals,

My Walmart pre-order is showing up in my account, but shows a date of "undefined / March 10th" .  Has anyone else noticed this?  I am getting worried that my order will not process correctly.  Thanks!

Looks like Prime Now will have some on release day

[attachment=25673:IMG_0035.JPG]

You guys are very excited for WiiU 2.0.
Not sure what you're saying. Are you saying this is the natural progression of the Wii U? If so, I would agree. Or are you saying this thing will bomb like the Wii U?

I would disagree with the second point. Mostly. I think this will sell closer to Gamecube numbers at worst. And maybe 30 - 40 million lifetime sales at best.

Windwaker on the Switch would actually be pretty cool. Also GameCube Metroid primes!? Seriously though, can't wait for Friday. I also have a week off from work starting Friday, can't wait to sink my teeth in Zelda

Quick question guys & gals,

My Walmart pre-order is showing up in my account, but shows a date of "undefined / March 10th" . Has anyone else noticed this? I am getting worried that my order will not process correctly. Thanks!

Mine says undefined/March 8th. Not sure if I should be worried either. I do have a backup preorder at Best Buy but a friend of mine just decided he wants one now and was planning on buying my extra one. Might just tell him to come with me to Best Buy at midnight and just pick one up if that have extras.

Windwaker on the Switch would actually be pretty cool. Also GameCube Metroid primes!? Seriously though, can't wait for Friday. I also have a week off from work starting Friday, can't wait to sink my teeth in Zelda

Played through prime 1 and 2 but I second that. What I really want is Prime 3 HD (with prime 1-2 controls) and Skyward Sword HD.

since i don't have a preorder for anything is my best bet

go to best buy midnight release and hope my store has extras?

go to toys r us at like 7 am and hope they have enough?

or..?

i'd prefer to get all my games at best buy since, gcu, you know. but the system itself is what i'm worried about.

268tcDb.png

All we have to go on are the few Best Buy store allocations for Switch consoles that calismasker generously posted 3 or 4 pages back. 

Just based on those numbers (small subset I know), if you're at a BestBuy at opening (or midnight launch if your location is participating), it looks like there should be enough extras for some walk-ins. YMMV tho

Just an fyi. I work at a fairly big walmart in my area(st louis) and my electronics department manager told me that so far he only knows of them getting preordered switch allotment and said its the same way with walmarts throughout the district. He said if they get extras it would more then likely be only a few cases which im pursuming 2 to a case so maybe 4-6 switches extra if that so I would not count on Walmart if u didnt preorder there and even if you did preorder from Walmart id be slightly worried.

Played through prime 1 and 2 but I second that. What I really want is Prime 3 HD (with prime 1-2 controls) and Skyward Sword HD.

Would love that too. Also not a fan of the Metroid Prime waggle controls, so I would love the option to play the trilogy in HD with the Pro controller. Also hope they do a Mario Galaxy 1&2 HD remaster one day in the same vein. They should at least give the option of regular controls, and include JoyCon motion controls as well if they want.

Ha, I was going to do this. Great minds think alike.

believe it or not.

my console and controllers are on the way here already. i have tracking numbers for everything, and there is movement. All three packages arrived at one of the larger FEDEX hubs in the lower 48. They are on pace to meet the March 1 delivery estimate FEDEX predicts.

Does FEDEX hold packages till release at the destination? I don't want to get my hopes up, just to have something like that happen. even If it does get here early, I still won't have any games....sooo yeaaa.

I would either try Best Buy at midnight, or a 24 hour store that doesn't do pre-orders. (Around here that would be Meijer)

My bestbuy order finally is preparing! Super excited finally can get a little rest. I think I refreshed that page thousands of times today. Just so others know I cancelled multiple orders from a bunch of stores, since this one is finally shipping. I have to assume at some point people who did the same they will make those available again. I used target, Walmart and bestbuy. So happy hunting if anyone still out there.

believe it or not.

my console and controllers are on the way here already. i have tracking numbers for everything, and there is movement. All three packages arrived at one of the larger FEDEX hubs in the lower 48. They are on pace to meet the March 1 delivery estimate FEDEX predicts.

Does FEDEX hold packages till release at the destination? I don't want to get my hopes up, just to have something like that happen. even If it does get here early, I still won't have any games....sooo yeaaa.
These shipping companies systems are not designed to hold a package unless it's for pickup from one of their hubs. It'll most likely deliver as specified

Just an fyi. I work at a fairly big walmart in my area(st louis) and my electronics department manager told me that so far he only knows of them getting preordered switch allotment and said its the same way with walmarts throughout the district. He said if they get extras it would more then likely be only a few cases which im pursuming 2 to a case so maybe 4-6 switches extra if that so I would not count on Walmart if u didnt preorder there and even if you did preorder from Walmart id be slightly worried.
Each box has 5 switches to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of my various orders for Best Buy of Switch Games and Accessories have now authorized on my cards and are in the preparing to ship stage (U.S.). All orders had the Visa Checkout bonus.

Walmart was the last place to take preorders, as they took them the longest. Where other retailers stopped at a set amount, so based on that, it wouldn't be surprising that Walmart gets the least amount of extra walk in units, as it's a good possibility they had the most preorders. Still, based on the BB walk in numbers, and the fact that most stores will be getting extras, I'm still thinking this can be had at retail if someone is willing to look for it.

The NS is going for a decent amount on Ebay right now, but not great, and once they flood with flippers, a lot of those systems will be returned as well. The average asking price is $450 with free shipping, and they have tons at that price. That will only go down in coming days and weeks.

Mario maker is why I think I'm still keeping wii u.

Here's hoping for a mario maker 2 or a zelda maker on the Switch.
The fact that the N3DS got Mario Maker, I would say it's a 99.99% chance you will see a new MM, or some other "maker" style game on the NS. There's a ton of things "N" does that I can't wrap my mind around, but when they have a product that makes them good money, they will milk it for all it's worth, so I wouldn't worry about if it will happen, but when it will happen. I'm expecting a ton of remakes and ports on the NS, as it's good cheap fillers to keep funds flowing during the standard "N" gaming droughts.

Are there usually pretty big lines at gamestop for console releases?

I want to pick up a Switch but I don't have a pre-order. I can get enough from my pointless X1 and games to cover the Switch so I would like to do gamestop. I don't really want to wait in line for hours though with a small chance of getting a non pre-order Switch...

I want to pick up a Switch but I don't have a pre-order. I can get enough from my pointless X1 and games to cover the Switch so I would like to do gamestop. I don't really want to wait in line for hours though with a small chance of getting a non pre-order Switch...
1. Call your store to see if they will even have extras.
2. If yes, arrive at GameStop at the earliest time from midnight that you're willing to spend at a GameStop.
3. Ask associate or physically see if there are Switches left over when you factor in people who arrived before you.
4. Either wait all the way until midnight or go home.

It's not a free for all, it's a first come first served system. Also do not expect to be able to trade your XB1 at midnight or something.

It's not a free for all, it's a first come first served system. Also do not expect to be able to trade your XB1 at midnight or something.
I agree, trying to trade in at launch is not the best idea. Normally, that should be done earlier, so the credit is taken care of before hand, but that may be hard to determine in this situation. Most stores stay open past regular hours until the launch time, so if you get in line early enough, they may allow you to keep your place in line, while trading in items. By then you should already know if they have enough to cover your walk in or not.

He may be able to make this work, but it's going to require some pre planning for sure.

I think it is pretty likely that GameCube games will come to Switch as virtual console.

Gamestops will allow folks to purchase whatever they don't have preordered out as early as 6pm on Thursday. You might want to get there ahead of time, most stores only have 1-3 units if they're lucky available.

bread's done
Back