Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Not able to do anymore. Busy at work now. Won't be able to check tomorrow either because my vacation starts today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A cable is a cable is a cable.

You guys are acting like the USB-C is something special, but it is just the format of the cable. In order to be USB-C, it has to follow the same guidelines as any other USB-C cable. So what you are looking for is details about the actual product that is attached to the USB-C.

You need to supply 15v at 3a to charge the switch properly. Under that will still allow the device to charge, slowly, but under certain conditions. The main condition being you won't be able to play while charging it at the same time as you will be using more energy than supplied by the powerbank/charger. If you go over the recommended specs, you risk frying your device. (Or blowing it up, ala Samsung.)
If you're using the cable to charge an expensive device, you really might as well spend a few extra dollars to get one from a reputable company instead of random company from China.
for sure, and that is were people need to be very careful. They are going to start buying USB c power banks and cables and if either is crap, bye bye switch. USB c is still in the you get what you pay for stage in its life. My cell is USB c, and the past 15 months has been a pain looking for cables/devices that won't fry it. Which include a USB c to a female USB a adapter, which I used to copy from external storage or USB adapter, the hd-500 dock from ms (power, USB, HDMI and display port) and so far no issues, but have read a few nightmare stories where the charger or phone did short out.

lots of arguing and risk-taking to save $10

the answer is obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet as everything that was supposed to ship from Best Buy has shipped for:

Switch Pro Controller

Switch Joy Cons (Grey)

Switch Joy Cons Charging Grip

Switch Power Adapter

Switch Carrying Case

Zelda BOTW Wii U

Zelda BOTW F4F Statue

Now need the emails that my in-store order is ready for pickup for tomorrow night at midnight for:

Switch Console

Zelda BOTW Switch

(2) Zelda BOTW Special Editions

(2) Zelda BOTW amiibos (all 5) 

Then have the softcover and hardcover Zelda BOTW guides coming from Amazon with a preorder in for the deluxe version.

Zelda nut? Yes I am.......

Wife going to kill me? Yes she will. But dear I saved $175 with Visa Checkouts orders :D/

Surprising my 8 year old son (Nintendo nut JR.) on Friday when he gets home from school. Friday night is Zelda night

Called the Gamestops in my area - they've said all Switches are for preorder folks - no extras despite the press release.  Makes me think that they have backdoored them to people to be honest.

Plus, I think it's totally dependent on how close you are to one of their shipping centers. There was someone who said they were in Alaska and had their order ship a day or two ago. Makes sense, since it'll take a while to get the package there to meet release day delivery. I live in OH and know there are a ton of close fulfillment centers that could send it out by tomorrow and it'll still make it here by Friday.
I live in Indiana so similar situation here. I actually used to work at Best Buy distro center, but it was closed a few years back and I am not sure where they are shipping from now.

Called the Gamestops in my area - they've said all Switches are for preorder folks - no extras despite the press release. Makes me think that they have backdoored them to people to be honest.
Check blackbeard's spreadsheet in the Gamestop thread. He has the non-preorder stock listed for each store.

I'm a huge SF fan for years but the pricing on this game is insane.

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/836971897518579712
It's definitely higher than it should be and they only think they can get away with it because it's so close to launch with very little competition. They're not wrong. $32 on Amazon is fine for me, but I definitely see why people would wait for it to go on sale.

I think it will be a $20 Black Friday title for sure. So if you have plenty of games by then, waiting is good move.

I live in Indiana so similar situation here. I actually used to work at Best Buy distro center, but it was closed a few years back and I am not sure where they are shipping from now.
I've had stuff shipped that originated from Kentucky, West Virginia and Virginia.... My guess is my Switch stuff will ship from Kentucky, but we'll see.

Same here. It's sad that a port and re-use assets from 20yrs version of SF cost more than SFV. I guess with GCU, $32 is tolerable if one must have it day one.

Enjoy!!! I was surprised when my son recently said that he cannot wait for the Switch. I thought I was more excited than he is. I am undecided if I will bring him with me for store pick up. I am not going to keep him home from school on Friday. We are going to see Logan on Saturday so I want to spread out my questionable parenting moments. Since we have multiple systems on multiple TVs I think I will get a RDS Travlers Case so we do not need to disconnect Xbox's, PS4 or Wii U from TVs. The RDS cases that we have for NES Classics are good quality.

Sweet as everything that was supposed to ship from Best Buy has shipped for:

Switch Pro Controller
Switch Joy Cons (Grey)
Switch Joy Cons Charging Grip
Switch Power Adapter
Switch Carrying Case
Zelda BOTW Wii U
Zelda BOTW F4F Statue

Now need the emails that my in-store order is ready for pickup for tomorrow night at midnight for:

Switch Console
Zelda BOTW Switch
(2) Zelda BOTW Special Editions
(2) Zelda BOTW amiibos (all 5)

Then have the softcover and hardcover Zelda BOTW guides coming from Amazon with a preorder in for the deluxe version.

Zelda nut? Yes I am.......

Wife going to kill me? Yes she will. But dear I saved $175 with Visa Checkouts orders :D/

Surprising my 8 year old son (Nintendo nut JR.) on Friday when he gets home from school. Friday night is Zelda night

Just got a b-day 10% off at BB coupon, good for the month, and it excludes pretty much everything but the Nintendo Switch. lol.   Definitely have to take it in along with the Switch and get $30 off. 

Hmm... I got my BotW preorder sorted with Amazon, and the order status says arriving Friday, shipping today. The actual Switch console I have on order says arriving Friday, 'not yet shipped'. Wonder if one of those two is about to go sideways.

Hmm... I got my BotW preorder sorted with Amazon, and the order status says arriving Friday, shipping today. The actual Switch console I have on order says arriving Friday, 'not yet shipped'. Wonder if one of those two is about to go sideways.
my amazon order for extra set of blue/red joycons has shipped but my grey switch, vanilla botw and links tunic case all say arriving friday but not shipped yet. soon.. soon...

If you're in a city that has local Amazon couriers, they may not say that their shipping until late tomorrow or even Friday morning. I've had this happen with a few releases, but still got them on release date.

calismasker, anyway I could ask to see if you could check stock on Zelda ME at store 1533? I know there will be no extra but I want to see how many preorders there will be with mine/try and make sure they have at least mine.

Thank you so much!

Not able to do anymore. Busy at work now. Won't be able to check tomorrow either because my vacation starts today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Calismasker, you're treating us all so well! Would you be able to check store #951?

calismasker, anyway I could ask to see if you could check stock on Zelda ME at store 1533? I know there will be no extra but I want to see how many preorders there will be with mine/try and make sure they have at least mine.

Thank you so much!

This is why I don't understand why people get so excited over physical versions. The second it went physical, the price likely jumped $10. Digital only can be cheaper, because the digital version doesn't have to be in parity with physical as to not hurt retailers, and it doesn't incur cartridge costs.

This is why I don't understand why people get so excited over physical versions. The second it went physical, the price likely jumped $10. Digital only can be cheaper, because the digital version doesn't have to be in parity with physical as to not hurt retailers, and it doesn't incur cartridge costs.
Because physical games go on clearance on Amazon. They also have resale value & collector value.

I pre-ordered 2 nintendo switch consoles.  One from Target, and one from Best Buy.  They both say preparing to ship ... the best buy order says it will arrive on Friday.  I am waiting for that dreaded e-mail telling me both have been backordered.  Am I being skeptical ?

Rather pay the 10 extra dollars but actually own the game. :D

Mine shipped from Best Buy today, and should make it from Kentucky to Oregon by Friday, unless it gets dysentery or drowns trying to ford a river.

I have a Target preorder.

Anybody see any action on theirs? Is there any scoop or gossip regarding target POs?

Sorry if this is redundant, I do t want to comb through this whole thread.

Just a friendly reminder for those still trying to get one and can't make store launch:

Switch will be available launch day from PRIME NOW

1031516_pn_nintendo_switch_gwhero_v2_browser_1x._CB532865191_.jpg

Same here. It's sad that a port and re-use assets from 20yrs version of SF cost more than SFV. I guess with GCU, $32 is tolerable if one must have it day one.
Crazy pricing, then these 3rd party companies drop Nintendo support, wondering why they can't sell on their system.

Hey guys, quick question. Has anyone seen Best Buy preorder gone past the Pre-Order stage? Or is it just me?

I'm only asking because my card got stolen when I placed the order weeks ago - so that payment method no longer exists, but I don't want to call best buy to change my payment method in case they accidentally cancel it. Don't know if I should wait for the email saying I should update my payment method or just call best buy already.

bread's done
Back