Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

ab6qIZK.png

Ship, god damnit, ship!

In case any of you were wondering what they taste like :)

I do really like her commentary at IGN and had no idea about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PryWWf_Db2I

Story of my life every 20 minutes for the past 2 days. :wall:

On the Giant Bomb podcast a week or so back, they unboxed the Switch and Jeff put the game right in his mouth and wouldn't stop talking about how bad it tastes. Video game journalism, folks. :rofl:

Best comment on that video: "Its not called breath of the wild for nothing then."
Oh internet, nothing else can induce in me the urge to lick game carts like you do

You know I'm gonna have to try it now. Maybe even go as far as comparing Switch to 3DS lol

Well things are shaping up. I might actually pull this off without a pre-order. Called my best buy and they said walk in would be given a ticket starting at 11. I also traded in some games and got $80. 

I then traded in Phantom Pain, A Link Between Worlds, and another old game to gamestop and only had to pay $22 extra for Breath of the Wild. I'm also selling my X1 tomorrow for $150. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying not to freak out but...I just got a random $40 reward certificate from BestBuy. I have to confirm, but it could be compensation for any number of Switch-related Visa Checkout Orders cancelled. D:

Nvm...they removed the point-banking option on my account (Elite if it matters), so it must've auto-issued? 

wth

Has anyone had anything ship from GameStop yet? My Zelda ME is supposed to come from there.

When I get off work in the morning, I am on vacation for almost three weeks. I am so looking forward to this.

My Zelda ME is expected to ship March 8th.

They're really hating me for picking free shipping.

Watch my order disappear after someone working there decide take it and put it on ebay.  get here to me safely because Amazon have nice people.

HUGE news you guys! Since co-op is coming to all platforms in Shovel Knight, they've added a new amiibo feature in addition to the challenges and Custom Knight.

fairy_cash_grab_sk-1.gif
fairy_coop_victory_sk.gif

It's just a lil fairy that tries to help but can't really do anything. So I guess it's actually tiny, adorable news. 

Kid_Icarus_Collin.png
Reminds me of this guy but with horns. Anyone know from what this was from?

HUGE news you guys! Since co-op is coming to all platforms in Shovel Knight, they've added a new amiibo feature in addition to the challenges and Custom Knight.

fairy_cash_grab_sk-1.gif

It's just a lil fairy that tries to help but can't really do anything. So I guess it's actually tiny, adorable news.

I'm not certain if this is the best place to post this...
at least 2 Gamestop's in NJ are holding Midnight launches for the N-Switch and have "2 unsold consoles" for "first come" grabs per store, so while not a pre order per say, you might have a chance to camp out at a Gamestop and get one tomorrow night. (I also inquired if tents would be acceptable; the one store was all for it, the other was not certain it would be allowed.) the event starts at 6PM Eastern in this case, and allows those who had pre ordered to pay up on their order before midnight to allow for the faster out the door experience.
I posted earlier. My store is letting preorders pay for there unit at 6pm and At that time give use tickets so we don't have to camp out.

As for those w/ preorder I don't know.

Be careful tomorrow in metropolitan area, temperatures are going to hit as low as 20F with winds and possible snow.

I realized after getting excited with GS call, that I can't open my switch or return it, until my Walmart switch ships.
As of right it still sits "undefined by Friday 3/3."
So I'll have console at hand. Games being delivered but can't play any. But can't play anything.

Since Amazon did ship my Switch today and since I now won't be in town Thursday night anyway for the midnight release, I went ahead and cancelled my Best Buy store pick-up console. I had picked up some Amazon gift certificates from various sources over the last few weeks, so my final cost after applying all of those was around $80.

Has anybody ever gotten notification from the in stock email messaging setup at amazon or Walmart have.
Already, today I should have gotten 5, but nothing.
Is it one of those yanking my chain things with the employees laughing it up.

Has anybody ever gotten notification from the in stock email messaging setup at amazon or Walmart have.
i am signed up for both amazon and walmart notifications and never got an email.

Well, Capcom did make a really good version of SF4 for the 3DS that was out at launch, and was a killer version that was priced right, but I'm sure it didn't sale well, at least compared to the console versions, so your getting a rather safe port of an older game here.

Sale. Isn't. A Verb.

Both of my Zelda Master Editions shipped from Amazon today. My Switch preorder from Walmart went from undefined to processing and arriving by March 8th. It does show express shipping site to store so maybe it will show up sooner depending when it actually ships.

More like item isn't in stock long enough for the system to care enough to send you an email
Yesterday the neon was in stock at Walmart from about 2:20am to 2:50am.
The Zelda SE was available for preorder on and off all after. At times for a few hrs.

Has anyone had anything ship from GameStop yet? My Zelda ME is supposed to come from there.

When I get off work in the morning, I am on vacation for almost three weeks. I am so looking forward to this.
Ordered the Master Edition from GameStop as well, and it also hasn't been shipped yet. I even paid $10 extra for day one shipping. If it doesn't ship tomorrow I'm going to be pissed.

I didn't get a notification for the Neon Switch at Walmart when it popped up today. And the Amazon notifications almost never work- at least in my experience.

Almost everything I ordered from BB has been handed over to carrier USP, including Zelda SE.
It all came from Syracuse NY. Two shipped yesterday and r already at the hub for delivery in NJ tomorrow.

Oddly enough the stuff that went into processing first r the items that carrier hasn't picked up.

fairy_cash_grab_sk-1.gif

Cuteness overload. Now I want a fairy amiibo.

I realized after getting excited with GS call, that I can't open my switch or return it, until my Walmart switch ships.
As of right it still sits "undefined by Friday 3/3."
So I'll have console at hand. Games being delivered but can't play any. But can't play anything.
Why can't you open the Switch from GS?

I am so torn right now. Middling reviews on the system with amazing feelings about BoTW. I know I should wait it out with my Wii U copy but...

Zelda SE, Bomberman, Grey Switch and Hori Screen Protector all Preordered the moment they went up still have not shipped from Amazon with Prime Shipping. 

:wall:

Don't Know if i screwed myself for ordering 4 items and its because they're attempting to ship them all together which is why its taking so long.

Release Date is in 24 hours, i ordered the majority (Zelda & Switch) January 13th at 3 am....if these do not arrive on release i will be canceling my prime account  :speaktothehand:

I can't believe Amazon still has preorders for the grey and the neon.
It's such torture being able to add it to my cart, go thru all the way to place order, and in the end have nothing.

I can't believe Amazon still has preorders for the grey and the neon.
It's such torture being able to add it to my cart, go thru all the way to place order, and in the end have nothing.
Those aren't really "still available." Both have been out stock literally for weeks/months on amazon.

Most likely canceled orders as people backup orders have shipped from other places already (Best buy, Walmart etc.) or scalpers canceling their flip orders.

Just 24 hours left !!!

(Central time zone)

I just printed my online receipts for in store pick up tomorrow night:

Gray Switch
2 Pro Controllers
Zelda Switch
Bomberman
Zelda Wii U (hoping I can pick this up)

I am debating on which Amiibo to get, Archer Link or Horse Riding Link. I am leaning towards Archer Link.

Called my local Best Buy and they said they were closing at normal hours on Thursday and then re-opening at midnight for the launch. Tickets will be handed at 11pm for walk-ins. Thought I'd pass the information along.

Did anyone's store pickup orders for BB change in status at all? Mine arent even at the preparing stage.

HEY AMAZON PRE-ORDER PEOPLE WHOSE ORDERS HAVE NOT SHIPPED

From Amazon. *ahem*

"Anthony I am very sorry for the inconvenience but as per the details the item is currently unavailable since manufacturer was unable to deliver the item to us."

:rofl: 3 for  fuck ing 3 Amazon/Nintendo. They gave me a $10 promo. Add that to the $10 for cancelling my ME and $20 for cancelling my SE and I'd damn near have enough to buy BotW outright... Ya know, if it were in stock. 

From Amazon. *ahem*

"Anthony I am very sorry for the inconvenience but as per the details the item is currently unavailable since manufacturer was unable to deliver the item to us."

:rofl: 3 for fuck ing 3 Amazon/Nintendo. They gave me a $10 promo. Add that to the $10 for cancelling my ME and $20 for cancelling my SE and I'd damn near have enough to buy BotW outright... Ya know, if it were in stock.
How many orders have you had cancelled? That sucks. I'd download it lol.

From Amazon. *ahem*

:rofl: 3 for fuck ing 3 Amazon/Nintendo. They gave me a $10 promo. Add that to the $10 for cancelling my ME and $20 for cancelling my SE and I'd damn near have enough to buy BotW outright... Ya know, if it were in stock.
Damn. My condolences. I would be so fucking mad- especially about the ME cancellation.

From Amazon. *ahem*

I was already charged this afternoon but it still hasn't shipped, which is stressing me since my ME already shipped.

Did everyone else get charged but hasn't shipped like me?

From Amazon. *ahem*

Wow, that's terrible...Mine also hasn't shipped from Amazon and I ordered in the first 10 minutes they were up on 3 different sites. Of the 3 pre-orders I've made, only the walmart one has actually gone through with charging my card. Hopefully Best Buy's "awaiting authorization" is normal as the rep told me it was when I called earlier in the week.

I'll definitely put in an Amazon now order at midnight tomorrow, just to give it another shot. Really had bad luck with Amazon's release day shipping, but I suspected stock would be uncertain seeing how Nintendo handles things as of late...

Damn. My condolences. I would be so fucking mad- especially about the ME cancellation.
I'm mostly mad because:

A. He said this likely means PrimeNow won't actually have them launch day.

B. I'll now have about $600 sitting in my Amazon account with multiple promos/refunds issued over a few week span.

C. I have no way of turning that Amazon credit into Gamestop/BB/Walmart credit by tomorrow.

The lord is testing my hype.

bread's done
Back