Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Finished preparing all the Switch stuff for the midnight launch tonight. I touched everything :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So who among you guys are buying two or more of these things. I would be far more likely to pick this up if somebody could confirm game sharing digital titles is possible.

nooooo. amazon shipped my switch and says arriving friday by 8pm.. check the ups tracking site. says scheduled delivery monday by end of day...

nooooo. amazon shipped my switch and says arriving friday by 8pm.. check the ups tracking site. says scheduled delivery monday by end of day...
this happens to me all the time when amazon ships UPS, normally UPS will update from Monday to Friday by the end of the day.

amazon charged me this morning for my gray switch, zelda SE, and red joycons & charging grip. i live in southern calfornia, so im betting amazon will ship my stuff early tomorrow morning for same day delivery using ontrac.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry yet. I've seen UPS update later with the date Amazon anticipated. Not a guarantee, but it's happened to me a few times.

I had a FedEx delivery that was due tomorrow, and I got an update this morning saying it was coming today. Yours may update to the positive, these shipping places are all over the map sometimes.

My console, BOTW, and Pro Controller shipped yesterday, yet the money from them got put back onto my account... I'm confused

I have to run to work, so i cant scour this thread so i apologize but does anyone know roughly what people have been seeing in terms of walk in numbers on switch consoles at best buys? 

The Day-One update went live today and it DID fix the left JoyCon issue. After the update is downloaded, leaving the JoyCon attached to the console during a reboot will fix the issue!

My console, BOTW, and Pro Controller shipped yesterday, yet the money from them got put back onto my account... I'm confused
One of two things happened:

- You got everything for free

or

- What you saw was an authorization and it's doing what every other transaction does and the charge will be posted within 1-2 days

Which is more likely?

Cleveland. It could still ship later today if it comes out of KY and I could get it tomorrow. Just being impatient.

Bored-Cookie-Monster-Waiting-For-The-Time-To-Pass-At-Work.gif
I remember actually getting my PS4 a day before the official launch. Felt so good playing the hell out of resogun & being ranked on top of leaderboards.

Short answer: There will be some. How many varies by location.

Long answer: Get an idea by checking out calismasker's replies reporting how many switches for each given location

The Day-One update went live today and it DID fix the left JoyCon issue. After the update is downloaded, leaving the JoyCon attached to the console during a reboot will fix the issue!
eZhuAfJ.jpg

Yep, the only ones who still say they have issues is Digital Foundry. But we don't know if they've rebooted their system yet lol

I told you guys a week ago. "A week from now this won't be an issue" & Some people got really testy over that :whistle2:

thanks everyone. hoping for best. if not ill just end up going to bestbuy after work today. thanks to calismasker for sure! happy switch days. its almost here!

eZhuAfJ.jpg

Yep, the only ones who still say they have issues is Digital Foundry. But we don't know if they've rebooted their system yet lol

I told you guys a week ago. "A week from now this won't be an issue" & Some people got really testy over that :whistle2:
I'm having trouble finding a source on this. Only saw Eurogamer saying it was still an issue for them.

The source was a twitter user who gained a following "leaking" Nintendo Switch details, followed by a Neogaf post about said tweet. The fanboys are echoing it this morning.

Saw this on SD, will probably make front page, moved 2 pages up while I was looking at prime now.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9828903-nintendo-switch-299-99-via-amazon-prime-now-ymmw?v=1&p=97133367&posted=1&comment=success#post97133367

Looks like I'm out of luck bc they don't deliver in my area.

I can understand giving prime people special prices and inventory access, bc it's up to u to join. Offering this deal when certain people can even get it really is fair. I'm really home bound and buying it online would be preferred over having to go to GS during all the frenzy today and tomorrow.

My zelda me finally shipped.... From Pa? The other side of the country? Oh well, it's being sent next day air, so it should arrive at the same time as my switch and bomberman. Tomorrow afternoon seems sooo far away :(

Saw this on SD, will probably make front page, moved 2 pages up while I was looking at prime now.

https://slickdeals.net/f/9828903-nintendo-switch-299-99-via-amazon-prime-now-ymmw?v=1&p=97133367&posted=1&comment=success#post97133367

Looks like I'm out of luck bc they don't deliver in my area.

I can understand giving prime people special prices and inventory access, bc it's up to u to join. Offering this deal when certain people can even get it really is fair. I'm really home bound and buying it online would be preferred over having to go to GS during all the frenzy today and tomorrow.
Just walk in at 12:10am... most people will be done and out the door. Thats what I am doing most likely.

For those in need of some hope, my BBY Switch just moved to shipped, after my Zelda changed to that status yesterday. In case it makes any difference, it's a gray one.

edit: Zelda is coming UPS, while the Switch is coming FedEx.

So who among you guys are buying two or more of these things. I would be far more likely to pick this up if somebody could confirm game sharing digital titles is possible.
My son and I are each getting one, so I will be able to check out game sharing (hopefully) tomorrow once I have them both.

My Best Buy console and Pro Controller for shipping are both still at preparing, while my Zelda SE and Bomberman are both ready for pickup (at midnight).

Got my switch, Zelda, and 12Switch from Bestbuy Wednesday! Pretty sweet. My son and I are having a lot of fun with Zelda. Haven't touched 12switch yet but I'm sure I'll play with my other kids tomorrow.

The only thing that's annoying is having to put the joycons on the console to charge them. The joycons have worked perfect. I'm happy with the quality of everything. The joycons attached to the grip thinggie is a little small. It's great for my son but I thin I'm going to want a pro controller.
Oh Lordy, won't someone please think of the Street Dates?!?!

Mine says will be delivered on the 9th. Seriously fuck Target.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
ah ha! So he caved and bought one!

Mine said that too, but I just received a Target email saying a shipment was coming my way. It left the IL warehouse this morning and its on its way to MN. So should have it Friday, Sat., or Mon. not sure when but likely Saturday.

I'm sure yours will ship out today as well.

Sadly Dragon Quest Heroes doesn't have English subs. I would have imported it as well if it did :nottalking:
Not all imports will ever have English subs, but being region free will insure it happens more often now, especially for those games that already have it on PS4/Vita.

Someone recently asked if anyone ordered 2 systems. I did order two and game sharing would be excellent. Rationale for two systems is cost of joy cons, additional grip, etc just go for a second system since we are a house of gamers. Received pick up notice from BB but WM has me picking up 3/7? Called to check on that one and they will call me back.

ah ha! So he caved and bought one!

Mine said that too, but I just received a Target email saying a shipment was coming my way. It left the IL warehouse this morning and its on its way to MN. So should have it Friday, Sat., or Mon. not sure when but likely Saturday.

I'm sure yours will ship out today as well.
I'm buying Two. Always have. One for me and one for my daughter.

Gonna camp out at Best Buy tonight.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Super. No UPS My Choice update from GameStop. Spent over 90 minutes on hold, finally got through. Claimed Authorization issue with Credit Card over the weekend. Funny, no email about it nor did the order ever cancel. Authorization showed up on Saturday and dropped off yesterday since they didn't charge it. I called CapitalOne and they said the only attempt from GameStop was the authorization and since they failed to complete it, it dropped off. They claim they are processing it but can take 24-48 hours before the order ships. Lovely. Took tomorrow off work and I'm traveling for work Saturday through the next week and a half. -.-

The forums are moving so fast today that I can't even keep up.

have you all seen the reviews for BOTW??

Universal acclaim?

greatest zelda of all time?

i see 10/10 all across the board!
Not just greatest Zelda. It's shaping up to be the best reviewed game ever. That's amazing.

Super. No UPS My Choice update from GameStop. Spent over 90 minutes on hold, finally got through. Claimed Authorization issue with Credit Card over the weekend. Funny, no email about it nor did the order ever cancel. Authorization showed up on Saturday and dropped off yesterday since they didn't charge it. I called CapitalOne and they said the only attempt from GameStop was the authorization and since they failed to complete it, it dropped off. They claim they are processing it but can take 24-48 hours before the order ships. Lovely. Took tomorrow off work and I'm traveling for work Saturday through the next week and a half. -.-
Ugh. That sucks.

Official Nintendo Statement Regarding "Friend Codes"

Several methods can be used to add friends as quickly and easily as possible: · By linking Nintendo Switch to your Nintendo Account, your friends from Miitomo and Super Mario Run will appear as friend candidates so you can easily send them a friend request. Also, we are planning it so that friends from social networking services will be listed as candidates, too.

In the future, you will be able to send a friend request to friends associated with your NNID (Wii U/Miiverse) and Nintendo 3DS.
In some games you will be able to use an in-game interface to send friend requests.
You can send friend requests to those who have played with you recently.
You can establish a friend through local wireless communication.
You can also send a friend request by using a friend code.

Source Polygon

I have a shipping confirmation from Target. It's leaving Midloathian, TX (near Dallas) and coming to me in Austin. That's only two, maybe three hours away and it's saying it will be delivered on the 7th. UPS has yet to pick it up though as it's not "in transit" yet.

I bought with Target REDCard so it should have free two day shipping. I'm going to call customer service once it's actually picked up. It says it shipped today so it really should arrive on Saturday.

Edit: I just signed up for UPS My Choice and requested tracking info. The follow up email from UPS says that estimated delivery date is tomorrow. Looks like I might get lucky, Yay!

i can not wait for you all to start receiving your units and games, so that we can exchange thoughts on it. 

i guarantee a lot of you will absolutely love what nintendo has created.  

Now that all the dust is starting to settle, honestly my biggest concern is not being able to transfer save files, and that they're stored on the main system memory.  They'll have to implement something in the future that lets you transfer save files to memory cards or cloud saves, don't you think??

The "I am Setsuna" news is so fuck ing cool and I am at peak excitement levels for the NS today.  The future certainly is bright.  I've been clamoring for a brand new Super Gameboy for years and we finally (sort of) have one.

I still think that they are going to continue having a separate, dedicated handheld though!  We'll find out in a year or two. Games can simply be developed much cheaper and still maintain that $40 price point.

bread's done
Back