Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

How many people here are buying Bomberman R to be exact? Anyone up for a launch day tournament?

The breath of the wild comes with a limited edition knife!
I got it and Zelda today. Switch just now got marked as shipped and doesn't seem to have been picked up by UPS yet so not sure if I'll be getting it tomorrow or have to wait until Monday.

What is my best chance at picking one up tomorrow?

Head out to Walmart at midnight and hope to score one or go to Target in the morning?

Head out to Walmart at midnight and hope to score one or go to Target in the morning?
Go to best buy now and hope for the best. Not being facetious. I'm in a line of 50+ people and it's been like this since 4:30pm

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Going out and looking is the best option. Gamestops have their allotment posted on the doors. If you show up and no one is there, stay.

Amazon updated my Pro Controller and Bomberman as arriving tomorrow, thankfully. Also forgot I ordered a Pro controller from Amazon JP and that should be here monday

Columbus Oh. Stopped in a Meijer w/ my son. We were looking for Marvel Legends characters. 2 guys were in line at 6:30. I said wow you guys are serious. There response was mostly non verbal and pretty ugly. The associate made a comment that I did not really hear b/c I was taken aback by the responses of Frick and Frack. I wanted to tell the guys I preordered two, go F yourselves and I will walk into BB to pick up my Neon Switch and SE at midnight, then head up the road to WM to pick up my grey system. Rant over and I apologize to the community.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, my Best Buy and Walmart orders are coming through. Amazon is shipping "when they become available" despite my pre-ordering right after the Nintendo conference revealing the switch. I'll try my luck with prime now at midnight on a neon unit, otherwise, I'll just be stuck with 2 grey units for me and my brother in-law.

And people thought I was overreacting by having a backup pre-order...

Columnbus Oh. Stopped in a Meijer w/ my son. We were looking for Marvel Legends characters. 2 guys were in line at 6:30. I said wow you guys are serious. There response was mostly non verbal and pretty ugly. The associate made a comment that I did not really hear b/c I was taken aback by the responses of Frick and Frack. I wanted to tell the guys I preordered two, go F yourselves and I will walk into BB to pick up my Neon Switch and SE and midnight, then head up the road to WM to pick up my grey system. Rant over and I apologize to the community.
Really strange...I'd be pissed, too!

I'm not sure if there is anyone in here that is looking for a console and didn't get one (since this is the preorder thread). 

But if you are, my Gamestop only got 4 for walk-ins. Better off going to Best Buy. My Gamestop did have extra Pro Controllers though, which I was very happy about considering my Amazon one doesn't come until Tuesday. 

I'm going to Walmart at Midnight and that's my one shot, then fuck it if I can't get one. I'm not falling into this Nintendo trap again.

My local GameStop had 2 gray walk in Switches left when I left an hour or so ago. I'd say start at GameStop since you'll know if you'll have one by 6pm. Then you should be able to pay at 6pm and come back to pick it up at midnight.

My local GameStop had 2 gray walk in Switches left when I left an hour or so ago. I'd say start at GameStop since you'll know if you'll have one by 6pm. Then you should be able to pay at 6pm and come back to pick it up at midnight.
Gamestop here won't ring up Switches until 12:01am.

well guess I'm not mad at amazon any longer, every item I had preordered has now shipped and should be here tomorrow

I'm going to go to my Best Buy at 11 and hope I can get one. If not Walmart is otw home so I'll try there. My last resort will be Target tomorrow morning and if that fails I'll return Zelda I got pre ordered at Best Buy.

Columnbus Oh. Stopped in a Meijer w/ my son. We were looking for Marvel Legends characters. 2 guys were in line at 6:30. I said wow you guys are serious. There response was mostly non verbal and pretty ugly. The associate made a comment that I did not really hear b/c I was taken aback by the responses of Frick and Frack. I wanted to tell the guys I preordered two, go F yourselves and I will walk into BB to pick up my Neon Switch and SE at midnight, then head up the road to WM to pick up my grey system. Rant over and I apologize to the community.
You really showed them. Lol

Point is there was no need for them to respond like pompous d&$#s. I respect their commitment but I have pretty good idea that me having 2 systems, 2 pro controllers, SE and ME puts me in a better position then their arses sitting in Meijer at 6:30.

You really showed them. Lol

Point is there was no need for them to respond like pompous d&$#s. I respect their commitment but I have pretty good idea that me having 2 systems, 2 pro controllers, SE and ME puts me in a better position then their arses sitting in Meijer at 6:30.
You sound pompous as well bragging about all of the stuff you pre-ordered and how you are better than them because you did. That's what my comment was getting at.

I have an Amazon preorder that has been preparing for shipment all day. Still says delivery by 8 p.m. tomorrow, and a customer service re confirmed it would be delivered tomorrow. But that seems impossible because I still have no carrier info or tracking number. Is anyone else in this same boat?

I have an Amazon preorder that has been preparing for shipment all day. Still says delivery by 8 p.m. tomorrow, and a customer service re confirmed it would be delivered tomorrow. But that seems impossible because I still have no carrier info or tracking number. Is anyone else in this same boat?
Same here. I am in the same boat as well, my bank account has been charged. In theory it is possible if they were to ship it to my local UPS facility before 6 AM because their trucks roll out before 8 but I am starting to get worried.

Also you wont get a tracking label till it's just about ready to be put on the truck. I deal with some shipping at my job and tracking numbers are generated right before the label gets printed to ship. Really the thing to be concerned about is how far the nearest shipping facilities from Amazon are.

What's the zip code to use when buying digital on the switch to get out of paying sales tax? Isn't it one from Alaska?

Edit: I remember on the 3ds you can submit or edit your zip code to get around it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about letting me know. Thanks

Whoof. Trying to find one in NYC has been rough. Best Buy apparently gave out tickets this morning for all of their Switches and Gamestop doesn't think they'll be getting any. Hope everyone else has better luck!

Any of y'all know the best way to find Prime Now listings when they go up besides the main search? I remember once the NES Classic went up and wasn't appearing in searches, and was only available via the link. Was that just a link provided by Amazon's Twitter, or is there some other way I don't know about?

What's the zip code to use when buying digital on the switch to get out of paying sales tax? Isn't it one from Alaska?

Edit: I remember on the 3ds you can submit or edit your zip code to get around it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about letting me know. Thanks
Oregon Zip code. (97001)

Btw update for everyone on my order from amazon,

Based in NYC. My orders Have also been stuck in the Preparing shipment phase since this morning (around 10am), no update yet 12 hours later.

This is supposed to arrive by tomorrow....We'll See.

At Walmart because I got caught in the hype. The website said 50 fucking something but now they're saying 36 of them are pre-ordered? Like wtf?

Ugh I need to stop getting so hyped. I went to Meijer and the line was short enough that I could get one. Went back home though to eat dinner. I feel like I ought to wait a few months since I already have a Wii U. I still need to finish Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD :(

bread's done
Back