Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Okay I got off the phone with someone who was far more informed, but his answer only made me more upset.

Apparently amazon over committed and received far fewer than they anticipated. If you're order says shipping soon or shipping now, it means "we are shipping one whenever we get one to ship to you." Galling considering they're offering up for sale via prime now.

Okay I got off the phone with someone who was far more informed, but his answer only made me more upset.

Apparently amazon over committed and received far fewer than they anticipated. If you're order says shipping soon or shipping now, it means "we are shipping one whenever we get one to ship to you." Galling considering they're offering up for sale via prime now.
Most likely purposely pulled stock from preorders to promote primenow and get people hooked. A bunch of new users probably made their first primenow purchase for a switch.

Just got about 10 bestbuy switch related delivery confirmations. The wait to see the condition of everything has me worried...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just walked into my local Walmart (they only recieved 9 units) but they had 8 pro controllers like 12 joycons (mixed ) and a few cases... Grabbed a pro controller

I also got an email from Best Buy that my Switch has been delayed. It is just a few towns over, but I'm upset I didn't get it today. I really wanted to pull a late nighter with it... Womp womp... They are doing Saturday delivery for me, so I'll have it tomorrow.

Mind you, if it's anything like my experience, if you ordered from amazon and it's delayed, try and get compensation in the form of a gift certificate. Hey gave me 30 bucks, which took the sting out of not getting it this weekend. It probably helps that I was courteous with the customer service rep.

Amazon CS cannot be informed of such information unless instructed, they do not have the clearance. They can only reimburse based on your Amazon credit score.

Amazon CS cannot be informed of such information unless instructed, they do not have the clearance. They can only reimburse based on your Amazon credit score.
He did fine print it with that he wasn't one hundred percent sure and heard it from a manager.

I ended up getting one and I really like it so far. The only issue I have had with it is when I first setup the WiFi it disconnected from the network after I turned it off/on so I had to enter Airplane mode then reconnect, but since then it hasn't disconnected. The Joy-Cons feel really nice in my opinion and I really like using them in the comfort grip. I have played about an hour of Zelda switching between using them separated and using the comfort grip. The console is so sleek and small that it just feels great in the hand and the first time I removed it from the dock I had a "Wow" moment just seeing a full-sized Zelda playing on a portable as small as this one.

The main reason I thought about waiting was due to the lack of games. That being said I guess it really isn't THAT bad of a situation. I will be spending quite awhile playing Zelda and then I will try out some Indie titles and maybe get Lego when it comes out never played it on Wii U.

Bomberman is disappointing, performance feels slow (30fps lock?) on single player, and the online multi is a combination of performance + latency to be nearly unplayable, Konami strikes again

It's total bullshit that they sold any via Prime Now without fulfilling pre-orders.

I started playing Zelda today and the very first thing that happens is
Link gets a high-tech smart tablet. Talk about an introduction with Ludonarrative Dissonance! High fantasy --> Future Tech. I'm not even complaining; game is awesome. I just thought it was funny.

2 hours with the system and it's like the anti-Wii U. Everything is snappy, simple and the joy cons are way nicer than I thought they would be. Everything about this console screams convenience.

Nintendo has themselves a winner here.
For sure. I'm so glad all that cutesy Mii nonsense is gone. It looks and feels like the launch PS4 hub, bare bones all about the games, which is perfect and the way it should be.

Which problems specifically? Genuinely curious.
The joycon connectivity issues, save data is tied to one system, and the launch lineup are some of my biggest problems with the system. Hopefully they fix the connectivity issue before April 28, when i plan to pick one up the switch. There are probably a few more i forgot.

Nope. I bought the warranty. Can picture breaking the joy cons trying to attach or detach them. Also Best Buy covers drops, spills, etc
$50 for 2x years is a good deal. I'm rather careful with my devices & I'm fully outfitting my NS so I opted out.

NOTE: NS owners have 14 days to sign up- that's the cutoff date. May as wait to day 13, yeah?

The manager that ran out during the ticket stage had one dude dedicated to shouting out the option to everyone on line during launch.

Emailed amazon about my switch. Over my GFs tonight to ease the pain. Hopefully they get back to me. I will text chat tomorrow morning but didn't want to waste my time tonight.

I was not offered warranty at my BB and I thought that was weird. I will add it when I return extra copy of 12 Switch. WM care plan is 3 years for $28. I will purchase that plan as well and wish BB wld price match that.

$50 for 2x years is a good deal. I'm rather careful with my devices & I'm fully outfitting my NS so I opted out.

NOTE: NS owners have 14 days to sign up- that's the cutoff date. May as wait to day 13, yeah?

The manager that ran out during the ticket stage had one dude dedicated to shouting out the option to everyone on line during launch.
I have 2 kids to it's kind of a no brainer for the $50.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I went to Best Buy hoping to score a console around 2:00 today. They were out of consoles, but did happen to have one Zelda Master Edition left! 

Grabbed that and left very happy. Now I just need to track down a console....

I got my switch today, Not a huge fan of the official screen protector and looking to replace it in the future but for $7 I cannot complain.

Thoughts, I enjoyed sharing the joy-cons with someone, it isn't the best thing to do but great in a pinch.

Wi-fi is terrible like any console far away from the router, Bomberman R was unplayable online till I went into the game settings and change it to "players with good connections"

Co-op Bomberman R is fun, something I would had got during a price drop if my Zelda:ME had shipped.

Glass arrived this morning; suspect because of the low price & for 2x. Playasia has more costly options.

I'll install one tonight!
attachicon.gif
CameraZOOM-20170303130204141.jpg

Definitely let us know, I'm interested in the quality.

ffs. I remember the day Best Buy had their orders up too. Kept checking it that morning, went to eat and run for 2 hours, that's when the listing went up and OOS. Amazon really letting me down here. As for BB my Neon Switch came in with 20 extra bubble padding inside a very cushy, big box. They always ship above and beyond what I expect.

Also the article about the Switch having low range connection to Wifi is very accurate. It has trouble picking up my network from 2 rooms away. I pick it up into handheld mode, walk into room with router and BotW day 1 update starts & finishes no problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Shovel-Knight-Treasure-Nintendo-Digital/dp/B06XCZK149/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488589199&sr=8-1&keywords=Shovel+Knight+Treasure+Trove

https://www.amazon.com/Shovel-Knight-Specter-Torment-Nintendo/dp/B06XD3ML8D/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1488589472&sr=8-2&keywords=shovel+knight+specter

I never played shovel knight, is it worth buying specter right now or wait for the treasure trove?

I got $8 on Amazon that would help me buy Specter right now.

Also the article about the Switch having low range connection to Wifi is very accurate. It has trouble picking up my network from 2 rooms away. I pick it up into handheld mode, walk into room with router and BotW day 1 update starts & finishes no problem.
I'm glad this isn't just a issue with my router, I lost connection in one room over easily and struggle to stay connected between my kitchen and the area the router is located.

I got my switch today, Not a huge fan of the official screen protector and looking to replace it in the future but for $7 I cannot complain.

Thoughts, I enjoyed sharing the joy-cons with someone, it isn't the best thing to do but great in a pinch.
Wi-fi is terrible like any console far away from the router, Bomberman R was unplayable online till I went into the game settings and change it to "players with good connections"

Co-op Bomberman R is fun, something I would had got during a price drop if my Zelda:ME had shipped.
My screen protector was miscut out of the package. Meh only out $8 bucks or whatever. Might try a Zagg when they come in because I get a discount at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My screen protector was miscut out of the package. Meh only out $8 bucks or whatever. Might try a Zagg when they come in because I get a discount at work.

Heh mine was too. I have it on the best I can for now. It will at least protect the screen from the dock till I get another. Not sure which to get instead.

Thanks! Ordered with free one day! Best Buy order got delayed to Monday. Now I can play zelda this weekend with the pro controller
when do you get your pro controller, Saturday or Sunday? just wondering

sucks about amazon orders, amazingly amazon delivered my orders at 1pm, i live in southern california.

talking about extended warranty. did anybody get an extended warranty for their switch thru squaretrade? i have used them for my tablets and smartphones and have great customer service with them. so im thinking about getting a warranty for my switch with them. what are you thoughts?

So although someone confirmed the 10% off coupon wouldn't work, I decided to try it anyway when I was picking up another Switch. She was kind enough to try it but it didn't work. I acted surprised and said it doesn't mention the Switch in the fine print. She read it, called over an ASM, and he couldn't find an exclusion either. They manually discounted it 10% 😊

So although someone confirmed the 10% off coupon wouldn't work, I decided to try it anyway when I was picking up another Switch. She was kind enough to try it but it didn't work. I acted surprised and said it doesn't mention the Switch in the fine print. She read it, called over an ASM, and he couldn't find an exclusion either. They manually discounted it 10% [emoji4]
I'm an employee so they would never do that for me :p

Did the Zelda Special Edition game have a different UPC than a regular one?  I opened up my regular and was able to find the Zelda Special. Wanted to return the one from the Special in place of the one I opened.  Don't really need two copies of Zelda.

when do you get your pro controller, Saturday or Sunday? just wondering

sucks about amazon orders, amazingly amazon delivered my orders at 1pm, i live in southern california.

talking about extended warranty. did anybody get an extended warranty for their switch thru squaretrade? i have used them for my tablets and smartphones and have great customer service with them. so im thinking about getting a warranty for my switch with them. what are you thoughts?
fuck that extended warranty bullshit. That's my thoughts.

Finally got a shipping confirmation from Amazon. Both Switch and Zelda arriving tomorrow via US Postal. Good luck to others still waiting on preorders.

Did the Zelda Special Edition game have a different UPC than a regular one? I opened up my regular and was able to find the Zelda Special. Wanted to return the one from the Special in place of the one I opened. Don't really need two copies of Zelda.
It says Not For Resale and the back cover is different

Did the Zelda Special Edition game have a different UPC than a regular one? I opened up my regular and was able to find the Zelda Special. Wanted to return the one from the Special in place of the one I opened. Don't really need two copies of Zelda.
I don't think you will be able to do that. I noticed the the back of my case in my SE didn't have all the text you normally see. So I'm pretty sure they gave a special insert in the SE/ME versions.

Finally got home to my package. 

9M94yIA.jpg

Busy setting up the system settings will binge through the first few hours of zelda till 5 am  :D/  :drool:.

Friend code is 1259-5703-0999 feel free to add for some bomberman matches (& MK8, Splatoon 2) 

Goodluck to everyone else waiting on getting their orders. 

Just got home with mine as well. My friend brought his to work today. I'm going to enjoy this console. The Pro controller fits perfectly in my hands too. I was super impressed. He did pick up the Deluxe case at Walmart ($20) and the silicone joycon grips, they both look awesome. I tried to stop and get the case but they were sold out. Not sure if I want the grips yet. I only messed around with it a little but didn't seem to have a problem holding the Joycons.

Also that Zelda SE box is huge, it looks great in person.

So are users here having more joy-con issues, or Wi-Fi ones? I've been busy most of today, and just got a chance to look around the web for thoughts on the system, and I'm seeing a bunch of Wi-Fi discussions, as it seems to be more of a problem than the controller issues.

A lot of users are claiming their Wii U or 3DS work fine, but the Switch right next to the router gets little to no signal.

Walmart still haven't shipped my Switch or Zelda: SE's but they just sent me an email for the delay on the Switch saying they're giving me a $20 eGiftCard. Hopefully they do the same for my Zelda's since those also haven't shipped.

bread's done
Back