Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

Emailed Amazon about why they'd charged my card and claimed from Wednesday up through 8:30pm Friday that it'd be delivered by 8pm Friday, without ever shipping anything. Got no real answer but was assured that my order would be upgraded to Two-Day Shipping (I was already a Prime member with Release-Day Delivery, so what the fuck was it before?). Order is now scheduled to ship tomorrow, and I should "Rest assured you will receive the item on Guaranteed delivery by:March 5, 2017". I have no idea who even delivers on Sunday, but I doubt it'll have shipped by then either way.

Honestly between a handful of messed-up orders through the fall and pretty much everything related to how the Zero Time Dilemma LEs were handled, I'm probably not going to renew Prime.

So are users here having more joy-con issues, or Wi-Fi ones? I've been busy most of today, and just got a chance to look around the web for thoughts on the system, and I'm seeing a bunch of Wi-Fi discussions, as it seems to be more of a problem than the controller issues.

A lot of users are claiming their Wii U or 3DS work fine, but the Switch right next to the router gets little to no signal.
I haven't had any issues.... But I tweaked the hell out of my wife router months ago for a similar issue with my cellphones (netgear nighthawk) No joycon issues yet either, but just grabbed a pro controller, so I do t see me using the joycons much. I plan to wire it up to Ethernet over the weekend anyways, but on wifi I got both the day 1 update and zelda patch in almost no time flat (5 minutes for the both of them combined)

Emailed Amazon about why they'd charged my card and claimed from Wednesday up through 8:30pm Friday that it'd be delivered by 8pm Friday, without ever shipping anything. Got no real answer but was assured that my order would be upgraded to Two-Day Shipping (I was already a Prime member with Release-Day Delivery, so what the fuck was it before?). Order is now scheduled to ship tomorrow, and I should "Rest assured you will receive the item on Guaranteed delivery by:March 5, 2017". I have no idea who even delivers on Sunday, but I doubt it'll have shipped by then either way.

Honestly between a handful of messed-up orders through the fall and pretty much everything related to how the Zero Time Dilemma LEs were handled, I'm probably not going to renew Prime.
Your more than likely getting their grand outsourced CS reps, that are half way round the globe somewhere. This is the "right" hand, "left" hand issue I discussed earlier.

The information they are given is based on no reliable information at all. I've had a supervisor on that end swear to me things would happen a certain way, and not once did I ever get what was promised. They always give something good for the issues, but I would rather have the truth, instead of perks after the fact, but in these situations, really getting free stuff or a huge credit is about all you can do.

So I have a 10% off any purchase coupon at Best Buy. In the exclusions it lists Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles but leaves out the Switch. Lady wouldn't let me try to use it. Anyone have one and tried it?
They tried mine but system wouldn't take it. Didn't argue.

I went to Best Buy hoping to score a console around 2:00 today. They were out of consoles, but did happen to have one Zelda Master Edition left!

Grabbed that and left very happy. Now I just need to track down a console....
Wow, I wonder how that could have lasted that long and nobody thought to ask about it before you, or else it was accidentally taken from someone else's store pickup. You would think an employee would have scooped it up by then if it was just sitting there.

Finally got home to my package.

9M94yIA.jpg
I thought that small vertical line on the left side of the SE box was some sort of scrape on mine, but it appears they all have that. Weird. The store pickup sticker did take some microscopic specks off the side of mine though, so if anyone hasn't picked their SE up yet and care about that, be careful when you remove it. The box has a unique painted feel texture.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I finally got my shipment notification. When I bitched at Amazon all I got was a free month of prime.

What pissed me off is I work at an online retailer so I know how shipping works. They guy was trying to tell me that oh the nearest fulfillment place didn't have enough stock and this and that. No what he really meant was we could easily get it to me on Friday but Amazon decided that it would be cheaper for them to offer a free one month subscription to prime and hope I didn't bitch instead of treating the customer right.

At my place we can overnight a package to California from PA. This was strictly a money move which means I am done with Amazon for any high value preorder.

Is it me or are the Zelda Switch cases busy as Hell? At least the starter kit has a screen protector. Not sure if I want to pull this out of my briefcase when I am sitting on the plane.[attachment=25718:IMG_4370.JPG]

Has anyone got to try the joycon charging grip yet? Impulse bought one but not sure if I need it?
Got a charging grip and it's the exact same thing as what you get with the switch, except this one charges. It has the plug at the top.

It's not needed, but does come with a USB-C cable, so there's that.

Is it me or are the Zelda Switch cases busy as Hell? At least the starter kit has a screen protector. Not sure if I want to pull this out of my briefcase when I am sitting on the plane. IMG_4370.JPG
I wanted a case that wasn't so "loud" for my travels too. Ended up getting this one:

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-game-traveler-deluxe-travel-case/-/A-52014888?lnk=rec|mwebemptych1|recently_viewed|mwebemptych1|52014888|0

It has good reviews on Amazon but is currently out of stock there - which is why I got it from Target. I ordered one for store pick up and will grab it on Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't have the funky smell the Amazon reviews mention.

So are users here having more joy-con issues, or Wi-Fi ones? I've been busy most of today, and just got a chance to look around the web for thoughts on the system, and I'm seeing a bunch of Wi-Fi discussions, as it seems to be more of a problem than the controller issues.

A lot of users are claiming their Wii U or 3DS work fine, but the Switch right next to the router gets little to no signal.
I tested the joy-con issues, I have zero problems, I tested it behind my back, outside my door, behind a box, behind my phone that was behind a box.

The joy-con desync does not happen to me

Bomberman is disappointing, performance feels slow (30fps lock?) on single player, and the online multi is a combination of performance + latency to be nearly unplayable, Konami strikes again
I just played it for about 6 hours or so. I only had a few hiccups and other than that had a good time with a friend online with others.

The joycon connectivity issues, save data is tied to one system, and the launch lineup are some of my biggest problems with the system. Hopefully they fix the connectivity issue before April 28, when i plan to pick one up the switch. There are probably a few more i forgot.
I've experienced none of those problems today. Neither did my friend. Just got back from a all afternoon switch gaming session with him and the hardware ran fine. One minor lag issue online but nothing I haven't experienced before in any game.

I've had no joycon connectivity issues either. I'm not playing with them behind my back though or from my neighbors house.

If anyone is having wifi issues try turning it to airplane mode in settings and then reconnecting to your network, works perfectly fine after I did that,

No issues for me yet, but I've been mostly playing wired on a charging grip. Wi-fi is flawless, but I've got a nice 5G router about 6 feet away from the switch.

I tested the joy-con issues, I have zero problems, I tested it behind my back, outside my door, behind a box, behind my phone that was behind a box.

The joy-con desync does not happen to me
I prefer to imagine everywhere you tested was paired with another rhyming test location like an updated Green Eggs and Ham.

"I did try joy cons behind the door

Then I tried them on the floor.

I used my joy cons behind the phone

I used my joy cons all alone

I tested them behind my back

I used my joy cons in a sack.

I tested my joy cons

Can't you see?

My joy cons stay synced,

Please let me be!"

I wanted a case that wasn't so "loud" for my travels too. Ended up getting this one:http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-game-traveler-deluxe-travel-case/-/A-52014888?lnk=rec|mwebemptych1|recently_viewed|mwebemptych1|52014888|0
It has good reviews on Amazon but is currently out of stock there - which is why I got it from Target. I ordered one for store pick up and will grab it on Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't have the funky smell the Amazon reviews mention.
That's the case I'll be getting as well. It comes with two Cartridge cases and 2 microSD cases. The MicroSD case holds 2 and goes into one of the cartridge slots. And the bottom of the main case has form fitted places for cart cases. Pretty well made and I like the simplistic look.

Seen Amazon has Glass screen protectors for $10.99 for a two pack. Seems to be getting decent reviews. Anyone get these?

Just finished setting the system up and Updated. I'm happy I got one. Someone said Zelda has a patch? How do I download it? Or is it automatic?

That's the case I'll be getting as well. It comes with two Cartridge cases and 2 microSD cases. The MicroSD case holds 2 and goes into one of the cartridge slots. And the bottom of the main case has form fitted places for cart cases. Pretty well made and I like the simplistic look.

Seen Amazon has Glass screen protectors for $10.99 for a two pack. Seems to be getting decent reviews. Anyone get these?

Just finished setting the system up and Updated. I'm happy I got one. Someone said Zelda has a patch? How do I download it? Or is it automatic?
Click the "+" on your controller while hovering on the game tile, and then click on "update". Then click "via internet" it will check for an update and then you can download, install and be good to go.

Click the "+" on your controller while hovering on the game tile, and then click on "update". Then click "via internet" it will check for an update and then you can download, install and be good to go.
For those that bought the physical release don't forget to go into My Nintendo Rewards Program once you hover over the game and press the + to get some gold coins. I haven't seen this posted on here yet so thought I would share.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349599

Be careful with the dock if you don't have a screen protector.

Soon as a better third party dock is release I am buying it.

No issues for me yet, but I've been mostly playing wired on a charging grip. Wi-fi is flawless, but I've got a nice 5G router about 6 feet away from the switch.

I prefer to imagine everywhere you tested was paired with another rhyming test location like an updated Green Eggs and Ham.

"I did try joy cons behind the door

Then I tried them on the floor.

I used my joy cons behind the phone

I used my joy cons all alone

I tested them behind my back

I used my joy cons in a sack.

I tested my joy cons

Can't you see?

My joy cons stay synced,

Please let me be!"
Funny, because that's what I literally did while testing the joy-cons

This thing is gorgeous. I am a Vita gamer so I am by default using it mostly in handheld mode, Zelda is jaw-dropping.

To those that keep insisting "I will never let it leave the dock", I really hope with Nintendo's bold design choices you will begin to realize the wonders of handheld gaming. 

This thing is gorgeous. I am a Vita gamer so I am by default using it mostly in handheld mode, Zelda is jaw-dropping.

To those that keep insisting "I will never let it leave the dock", I really hope with Nintendo's bold design choices you will begin to realize the wonders of handheld gaming.
The wonders are hitting me real hard. Got tired during a long couch session and wanted to lie down so I took the switch to bed with my pro controller, now I'm under the covers continuing my Zelda playthrough.

This thing is so damn great.

I'm honestly surprised at how well the Joy-cons are functioning as a main controller with the pack-in grip.  For playing just Zelda, the Pro controller is largely unnecessary. 

I can't stop thinking about playing a new Fire Emblem on both the TV and in handheld.  Fortune Street too omg. 

I have no problems with the default controllers as well. My gaming sessions are never past an hour due to having kids, so I think I don't need the PRO. Also did some Bomberman sessions with my wife with the halves, with the wrist strap attached, they feel adequate. We even tried taking the screen to the dining table as a "proof of concept", we huddled together (romance) but it was definitely playable.

Should get another set of Joy-Cons for playing ARMS with my wife though.

All around this is a marvelous feat of engineering and craftsmanship especially given its low price point. I am a very happy buyer, now, I have a Vita and a Switch to "switch" around. As a handheld gamer I couldn't be happier about Nintendo's faith in the handheld market, and its bold design choice to try and sway non-handheld players.

The wonders are hitting me real hard. Got tired during a long couch session and wanted to lie down so I took the switch to bed with my pro controller, now I'm under the covers continuing my Zelda playthrough.

This thing is so damn great.
I'm loving it as well, very fun, finally pulled me away from Horizon Zero Dawn. I just hope I still feel the same after I've finished Zelda. I have never played Mario Kart 8 so that's a day one for me, but it's a ways off.

Everyone should check out SnipperClip too, my GF loves it and she doesn't like gaming very much. A must play with a +1.

when do you get your pro controller, Saturday or Sunday? just wondering

sucks about amazon orders, amazingly amazon delivered my orders at 1pm, i live in southern california.

talking about extended warranty. did anybody get an extended warranty for their switch thru squaretrade? i have used them for my tablets and smartphones and have great customer service with them. so im thinking about getting a warranty for my switch with them. what are you thoughts?
my amazon switch got delivered by Amazon truck at 1pm today too. Didn't ship until this morning.

My pro controller is coming tomorrow usps.

Got a charging grip and it's the exact same thing as what you get with the switch, except this one charges. It has the plug at the top.
It's not needed, but does come with a USB-C cable, so there's that.
Thanks! Was really juggling the idea of taking it back but the fact that I landed a extra set of red joycons to go with it also I think I might just keep it.

The joycons are very comfortable, wasn't really expecting it, I combed like 3 stores in my area for a pro controller, came home with both of those instead, it wasn't until I tried the joycons that I was convinced I don't need the pro right now.

I'm loving it as well, very fun, finally pulled me away from Horizon Zero Dawn. I just hope I still feel the same after I've finished Zelda. I have never played Mario Kart 8 so that's a day one for me, but it's a ways off.
Everyone should check out SnipperClip too, my GF loves it and she doesn't like gaming very much. A must play with a +1.
I was considering that game, weird because I never heard about it until I saw it in the GameStop ad. I got $20 in eShop credit today not sure if I want that or fast rmx

I wanted a case that wasn't so "loud" for my travels too. Ended up getting this one:

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-game-traveler-deluxe-travel-case/-/A-52014888?lnk=rec|mwebemptych1|recently_viewed|mwebemptych1|52014888|0

grabbed this exact case at walmart... $18 and change.... I don't want to ruin the case that came with the Zelda Master Edition!

Hi guys & gals- here's my "amFilm 2-Pack Glass Protector" review:

Pros:

1. Cheap. I purchased it for $9.99 (includes 2x protectors) & it's up @ $10.99 now. I'm fairly certain it was $8.99 at one point. I was ready to purchase a Cyber Glass item @ Playasia if these weren't decent.
2. Good quality.
3. Clear instructions & 2x pairs of prep wipes are packed in as well.

Cons:

1. 1x protector had a "toothpick" diameter impact mark on the glass.
2. While the instructions are very clear, I feel that holding the final plastic tabs on both ends (before actual contact between the screen & the glass), is a bad idea. Here's why:

The tabs weren't strong enough to hold up the glass & then suddenly plop, it dropped mal-aligned. The result was lifting the glass back up & that's a PITA. On my last image, you'll see a swarm of dust resting where I lifted.

I would suggest holding the perimeter of the glass, & after LINING up the indicators, place it down quickly. Pull the tabs thereafter.

I'm going to contact the company for a replacement & I'm positive they'll ship me a new glass.

Lastly, for some reason some of images didn't upload with the correct Rotation.

Here they are:

[attachment=25724:20170304_001550.jpg][attachment=25725:20170304_015822.jpg][attachment=25726:20170304_015853.jpg]

Is there an option or did anyone figure out how to get eshop to stop asking me to pick a user (when I'm the only user) when opening eshop?

edit: Nevermind, figured it out literally seconds after I asked.

Finally sold that extra Neon Switch. The guy was so thankful and appreciative I was just selling it at cost he gave me an extra $40. Am I a scalper now?  :whistle2:k

Btw guys, ZELDA IS SO DAMN GOOD. I love this system. Day one and tons of people I've shown it to are already super impressed by it, myself included. I haven't been this excited for any console since the N64.

So my Impressions on the Switch are mostly good. 

The NEON one came in the afternoon & quickly did the update with the Joycons attached, let it reboot then i manually turned it off and turned it back on. No Joycon issues whatsoever. I have to literally go into another room where I can't even see the TV to lose signal, so yeah..

The Joycons feel like they belong on a VITA, I hardly see any difference there & not an issue at all for me.

I did use the Pro controller on Zelda and i felt my left hand getting a bit numb, dunno if i was holding it wrong or something but that was weird since it is a mighty big ass controller compared to the joycons.

The Joycon grip felt fine as well but a bit cramped, I need more time with it to see if I like it or not. 

I called my sisters over & with my chick we were playing 4man Bomberman & Snipperclips, they had a hoot!

Turns out my oldest sister is much better at Bomberman than I'll ever be, she's vicious. 

As far as games goes Snipperclips is what you expect, alot of fun when playing with others.

Bomberman Offline Multiplayer is the same, however online is a bit laggy. Haven't touched the SP yet.

Zelda, well... I can't say it looks all that great on my 4K TV, I have noticed some frame drops but very minor.

On the handheld mode however it looks stunning. I'm very glad I see this console as a VITA replacement & not as a traditional console because I'd probably be disappointed. 

hey, amazon actually shipped the damn switch. only three whole says later than they should've. usps tracking but they're still insisting it'll be delivered on sunday so i have no idea what's up there.

looks like disgaea 5 and i am setsuna from amazon jp will be here by wednesday, which is pretty good for a weekend order going halfway around the world.

edit: apparently if you're a prime member who already ordered with 2-day shipping, and the cs rep insists on 'upgrading' you to 2-day shipping free of charge, usps parcel select is an acceptable alternative to ups 2-day or priority mail. we'll see how well that works out.

Any one got pics of the master edition sword? Pretty curious to see if they looked as warped as they did on the treehouse video.

I'm honestly surprised at how well the Joy-cons are functioning as a main controller with the pack-in grip. For playing just Zelda, the Pro controller is largely unnecessary.

I can't stop thinking about playing a new Fire Emblem on both the TV and in handheld. Fortune Street too omg.
See, and I disagree with this 100%. So people are gonna have a variety of opinions. Even in portable mode I find a way to use the pro controller. I don't really like the joy cons AT ALL. Buttons are scary small, and the right thumb stick is in a terrible spot in comparison to the buttons. (Same problem with vita). Again, I have large large hands.

hey, amazon actually shipped the damn switch. only three whole says later than they should've. usps tracking but they're still insisting it'll be delivered on sunday so i have no idea what's up there.
They have a deal with USPS for Sunday deliveries, as I've gotten probably 10 or so Sunday deliveries within the last year. Now if it shows up or not, is a different story, but Sunday delivery is real.

So I am having an issue with the KS8000 and the Switch interacting with each other. Whenever the switch gets docked and/or reaches full charge, the TV will change to the Switch's HDMI port. The TV also doesn't recognize it as a gaming console, as well as not allowing me to set it up like one in the manual settings. So I constantly get an annoying pop up to set up the HDMI port. Apparently Samsung doesn't have a way to turn off this auto-switch feature from the TV, according to their own forums.

Anyone find a way around this that also has a 2016 Samsung TV?

So I am having an issue with the KS8000 and the Switch interacting with each other. Whenever the switch gets docked and/or reaches full charge, the TV will change to the Switch's HDMI port. The TV also doesn't recognize it as a gaming console, as well as not allowing me to set it up like one in the manual settings. So I constantly get an annoying pop up to set up the HDMI port. Apparently Samsung doesn't have a way to turn off this auto-switch feature from the TV, according to their own forums.

You might have to get a new switch

An hdmi switch that is

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349599

Be careful with the dock if you don't have a screen protector.

Soon as a better third party dock is release I am buying it.

Funny, because that's what I literally did while testing the joy-cons
I wouldn't get your hopes up on a third party dock. One recommendation I've seen that I can see being ok would be to buy little furniture adhesive pads from a hardware store / walmart and insert those on the rails to offer a felt style padding

So I am currently charging mine now but I messed around for a few last night. I must say, I actually really like the feel of the joycons. I played some with them apart and attached to the system, both times felt good. I haven't tried the grip yet so we will see how that goes.

As for Bomberman, I am enjoying it but its not an all-star game by any means. It looks good on the small screen and mostly plays fluid but I have ran into a few minor stutters. It also doesn't help that its been for ever since I last played one and it just tosses you in without indication of the controls. (took me a little bit to get them down lol)

Are you using an HDMI switcher by chance? The ones where you can plug several devices in to it, and then save ports on your TV?

Are you using an HDMI switcher by chance? The ones where you can plug several devices in to it, and then save ports on your TV?

I have the same problem and the same TV....no HDMI switcher from me. For now I had to resort to unplugging the dock from the HDMI when I'm not using it. It sucks.

Anyone else have problems with PS4 Pro HDR/4K not working with the TV Arc settings on a sound bar btw? Same TV.

bread's done
Back