Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread 2.0

I've gotten all of the memories, all dungeons, a tooon of shrines (full stamina, 15 hearts), all towers, a whole heap of side quests etc and I'm only at 19% completion. NINETEEN PERCENT. HOW IS THIS GAME SO BIG

Also, played Zelda at the doctor's office today. Best time I've ever spent in a waiting room.
Do you have a life?

.....Sorry.... I'm just jealous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I preordered Rime at GameStop and it was only $30. I wonder if I will have to pay the difference. It's still $30 on their website so I'm not sure if it's a mistake or what.

So I preordered Rime at GameStop and it was only $30. I wonder if I will have to pay the difference. It's still $30 on their website so I'm not sure if it's a mistake or what.

Yeah, if it ever changes, I doubt GS will honor that price. And if it does ever change, expect them to cancel your order, as I'm sure they have no way to contact you and approve the extra funds, if you wanted to pay or not. Their CS is the worst.

Yeah, if it ever changes, I doubt GS will honor that price. And if it does ever change, expect them to cancel your order, as I'm sure they have no way to contact you and approve the extra funds, if you wanted to pay or not. Their CS is the worst.
Well I did it in store and fully paid it off so we'll see come May.

I do remember them honoring the lower price of Halo 3 collectors edition that came with the helmet so maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I did it in store and fully paid it off so we'll see come May.

I do remember them honoring the lower price of Halo 3 collectors edition that came with the helmet so maybe.

The system will just charge whatever the current price is at time of pick up so you'll need an override.

I'm trying to take it easy on Zelda and play without looking up any cheats.   Game is awesome and relaxing.  The best parts are discovering things on your own. 

I couldn't find an NPC to tell me how to traverse the Lost Woods though.  So I have cheated a couple times.  The relationship isn't the same anymore. 

I'm trying to take it easy on Zelda and play without looking up any cheats. Game is awesome and relaxing. The best parts are discovering things on your own.

I couldn't find an NPC to tell me how to traverse the Lost Woods though. So I have cheated a couple times. The relationship isn't the same anymore.
I feel the same way, I hate puzzles so if I'm stuck I give myself about an hour or two to be stuck and after that I have to cheat. When I was a youngster I had time to dedicate playing the same dungeon for multiple days but as a grownup...

And why has no one talked about how freaking great the guide is for this game? It's magnificent!

Yeah dude.  I got my hardcover BotW guide a couple days ago.  It looks really nice!  It's still plastic wrapped though :p

Was probably going to try to beat the game first before opening it.  Then go back and find more some cool stuff to do. 

Just re watched demo for Fast RMX and i will purchase it for a system. I have not played NEO Geo in a decade. Any thoughts on which games are best for the Switch? It would have been nice if we had the option to purchase the collection w/ a discount.

Anybody have success with a 10% coupon for their switch? I just picked up my preorder at Best Buy and used a birthday coupon with no switch restriction on it. Had to manually override it.

Was listening to Game Scoop from IGN and the host revealed that he ordered Switch from Amazon, get delayed, talked to an Amazon rep and he got credited $20. Um... So, did anyone else try this? Because I want $20. 

I'm trying to take it easy on Zelda and play without looking up any cheats. Game is awesome and relaxing. The best parts are discovering things on your own.

I couldn't find an NPC to tell me how to traverse the Lost Woods though. So I have cheated a couple times. The relationship isn't the same anymore.
Only thing I have looked up so far was the Great Fairy locations (and I am glad I did). Everything else I am trying to avoid either spoilers or to do it on my own. There are a couple of things I might look up due to how complex they are (There is one shrine I came across that I will probably just look up the solution just because it is so cryptic, does not have a alternate way to finish it and I don't have the patience for it).

Lost Woods was not too bad, it took me a couple of tries but I eventually got it (via luck mostly). I might look up a guide for the last few memories if I cannot find them.

Returned my extra set of be joycons and charging pad today, real disappointed in my left joycon dropping connection so much. If I sit close to my TV I suppose it's fine but I find it unacceptable for it to break my immersion. Hopefully Nintendo replaces these for us, as of now I won't be buying any joycons until they officially address the issue.

I suppose I need to find a pro controller after all. But no GameStop near me carries them, Amazon is my only bet once I have some trades go through. Does Amazon have them in stock? I can't tell if I'm finding 3rd party listings or official listings.

Returned my extra set of be joycons and charging pad today, real disappointed in my left joycon dropping connection so much. If I sit close to my TV I suppose it's fine but I find it unacceptable for it to break my immersion. Hopefully Nintendo replaces these for us, as of now I won't be buying any joycons until they officially address the issue.
So your second set did the same? My first day playing the Switch using the grip, I didn't have any issues but maybe I was more conscious on being careful not to block line of sight. But last night I was having more issues. Speaking to a friend, she doesn't have any issues so I'm debating if I should exchange the joy-cons. Can I even exchange just the joy-cons without exchanging the Switch? Would hate to lose my Zelda and Fast RMX saves.

Anyone get Blaster Master Zero? I buy too many games that I don't finish what I have. But I guess there's no such thing as "too many" games.

Was listening to Game Scoop from IGN and the host revealed that he ordered Switch from Amazon, get delayed, talked to an Amazon rep and he got credited $20. Um... So, did anyone else try this? Because I want $20.
I've heard people getting everything from a month of prime to a third of the cost refunded. It's definitely worth a shot.

So your second set did the same? My first day playing the Switch using the grip, I didn't have any issues but maybe I was more conscious on being careful not to block line of sight. But last night I was having more issues. Speaking to a friend, she doesn't have any issues so I'm debating if I should exchange the joy-cons. Can I even exchange just the joy-cons without exchanging the Switch? Would hate to lose my Zelda and Fast RMX saves.
There's a video of a guy breaking down the left and right joycon. Apparently it comes down to a hardware issue and from what I can gather all left joycons are the same. I have no issues sitting 5 feet from my TV but that isn't always ideal.

I didn't actually open my new neon red set or the charging grip so to me investing $120 in broken tech is not something I'm into. I feel like maybe Nintendo will replace our left joycon or maybe idk integrate a strap that boost the signal? For now a pro controller is the best method to play 10 feet from your TV.... Under a blanket or behind your knee

Zelda is great but fuck whoever wanted motion control puzzles included. Really knocks me out of my joyful state when playing.
Arghhhhhhhhhhh, are you fuck ing kidding me? Motion controls, really?

Damn, I've been wanting to play this all week, now you just threw a HUGE bucket of cold water on me. I guess I don't need to play this as much as I thought :wall:

Damn, I've been wanting to play this all week, now you just threw a HUGE bucket of cold water on me. I guess I don't need to play this as much as I thought :wall:
It's already a huge pain in the ass when I'm using the bow and forget that there are motion controls and it throws of my shot. Ugh.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

It's already a huge pain in the ass when I'm using the bow and forget that there are motion controls and it throws of my shot. Ugh.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
You can turn that off, no?

I actually like it for aiming but I haven't gotten to the puzzles that don't seem very popular so my opinion may change :)

Don't let that be the rain on your parade. It's still a great game. It's is annoying but it's not like that for all the puzzles.

As someone else noted, at least you can turn off the motion control for the aiming.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had to drive to Ohio to visit my grandmother on March 3rd release day. I packed my Wii U, the HDMI cable and AC Adapter, BotW, and my Pro controller. I thought to myself "oh, I remember hearing BotW didn't support any extra functionality on the Wii U gamepad, so I'll just leave that huge thing at home." 

I swear my eye twitched when I came across the first shrine with the message "Gamepad is required to complete this shrine." Then the very next one I entered was the same thing.

KMS

Don't let that be the rain on your parade. It's still a great game. It's is annoying but it's not like that for all the puzzles.

As someone else noted, at least you can turn off the motion control for the aiming.

Can the Wii U version be played with the Pro Controller only(or is the tablet required), and can that be used for the motion controls as well. I have one, but I only used it once, and I don't remember if it can be used for motion controls as well.

I honestly just don't like motion controls, as I have not once ever had them work as they should. Zak & Wiki on the Wii was an amazing game, that I only finished due to how charming it was. I wanted to throw the Wiimote out the window the first day. I actually found Skyward Sword to be a good Zelda title, I may have liked it more than most, but those damn sword battles, once again, made me want to throw shit out the window.

I'll still play BotW, because it looks good, but now I am in no rush to get to it. This really did bring down my enthusiasm greatly for this title.

Can the Wii U version be played with the Pro Controller only(or is the tablet required), and can that be used for the motion controls as well. I have one, but I only used it once, and I don't remember if it can be used for motion controls as well.

I honestly just don't like motion controls, as I have not once ever had them work as they should. Zak & Wiki on the Wii was an amazing game, that I only finished due to how charming it was. I wanted to throw the Wiimote out the window the first day. I actually found Skyward Sword to be a good Zelda title, I may have liked it more than most, but those damn sword battles, once again, made me want to throw shit out the window.

I'll still play BotW, because it looks good, but now I am in no rush to get to it. This really did bring down my enthusiasm greatly for this title.
I've been playing the Wii U version. You have to use the tablet for all motion control parts.

Fantastic game, but I don't see how it's a 10 b/c of some of those puzzles alone. Costs the game at least .5 in my book.

I can't speak confidently for the U version but I do believe the tablet is required for certain puzzles.

I've been playing the Wii U version. You have to use the tablet for all motion control parts.

Fantastic game, but I don't see how it's a 10 b/c of some of those puzzles alone. Costs the game at least .5 in my book.
Thanks for the info guys.

Well, I finally played SF Zero over the holidays and while I still didn't care much for the game, the controls weren't as bad as I thought they would be, so maybe I'll be surprised here as well.

Typical "N" BS though, as they git rid of the Wii U features that I may have actually liked(map functions, inventory usage), and instead they leave what I have no desire, want or need for.

Why do even bother anymore(always 1 step forward, and then 3 back), WTF "N"? LOL

EDIT: I agree, any game with motion controls can never have a 10/10 in my book, as I have yet to ever have them work as intended. Some are better than others, but they always make for more work than they should be.

The only motion control thing that has bothered me so far is one of the temples that's basically one of those marble maze things. Then again, that's mostly cause I just hate those things in general in real life in general so motion controls aren't really the problem there.

The only motion control thing that has bothered me so far is one of the temples that's basically one of those marble maze things. Then again, that's mostly cause I just hate those things in general in real life in general so motion controls aren't really the problem there.
Do what I did. Flip the controller upside down and now you have a flat platform to roll then all on

Do what I did. Flip the controller upside down and now you have a flat platform to roll then all on

Damn I hadn't thought of that! But the shrine with the damn motion controls to simulate putt-putt golf almost had me. I was infuriated because I couldn't keep the dang thing steady to hit a straight shot... And the 2nd optional part of that one was an even worse bitch...

My wifi sucks in the area that I put the dock, does anyone have any recommendations on a cheap USB to eithernet adapter that works on the thing? I'm hoping it's like the Wii U where most anything works.

It is nice that I can just undock it and take the thing into the office when I need to download something, the download are pretty quick when I have a decent signal.

My wifi sucks in the area that I put the dock, does anyone have any recommendations on a cheap USB to eithernet adapter that works on the thing? I'm hoping it's like the Wii U where most anything works.

It is nice that I can just undock it and take the thing into the office when I need to download something, the download are pretty quick when I have a decent signal.
I'm pretty sure any LAN adapter that works with the Wii or Wii U also works with the NS, so if you have one you can use it for the NS. Otherwise new Nintendo ones cost $25 on their website. GameStop sells used ones in store for $13. There are a ton of third party ones on eBay and Amazon for $10, but be sure to check reviews.

For some reason my NS defaults to my wifi extender as opposed to the Wifi right next to the dock. It's rather odd, so I may end up moving my LAN adapter from my Wii to the NS.

Yeah, most USB adapters "should" work fine.... but.......

I'm pretty sure any LAN adapter that works with the Wii or Wii U also works with the NS, so if you have one you can use it for the NS. Otherwise new Nintendo ones cost $25 on their website. GameStop sells used ones in store for $13. There are a ton of third party ones on eBay and Amazon for $10, but be sure to check reviews.

For some reason my NS defaults to my wifi extender as opposed to the Wifi right next to the dock. It's rather odd, so I may end up moving my LAN adapter from my Wii to the NS.
Yeah, you just need to be careful of idiots selling 10mb (yes megabit) adapters as 100mb or 1gb. I plugged in my OOOOOLD Nyko adapter, that I used for my original Wii only to discover it peaks at 10mb!

Haha, yes! Glad to see I'm not the only one who cheesed it.

That's something else I love about this game. With the toolset they give you, there are so many sneaky ways to complete dungeons and shrines. My favorite trick is putting both a regular and a square bomb by a switch, equal distance from each other so that they both will hit the switch when exploding, but not each other. Then just switching to each when needed. Throw in a couple arrow shots when within distance and you can cheese your way right through. :lol:

Zelda is great but fuck whoever wanted motion control puzzles included. Really knocks me out of my joyful state when playing.
Those puzzles were definitely frustrating because the controls don't work with any precision. I've done at least 3 motion control shrines, and they are brief. But just wait until you do the stealth mission ugh omg. It is the worst. I screamed at the television a few times. Most of Zelda is awesome but then there are a couple of rage inducing shrines/quests.

Those puzzles were definitely frustrating because the controls don't work with any precision. But just wait until you do the stealth mission ugh omg. I screamed at the television a few times. Most of Zelda is awesome but then there are a couple of rage inducing shrines/quests.
Yeah it feels like the dev team must have had that one member who just couldn't let go of the rage inducing BS. It's amplified because the rest of the game is so good as an open world adventure that doesn't hold your hand but still feels fair. Then you hit these pockets of completely different game style and it's enough to make you want to throw something. When it's bad, it's REALLY bad.

bread's done
Back