Nintendo Wii Special Value Edition Bundle - $199 @ Walmart B&M

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Nintendo Wii Value Edition Bundle come with a Wii System, Nunchuk, Wii Remote, Wii Sports Game, Wii Sport Resorts Game, and a Wii Motion Plus adapter, all in a bundle pack for just $199.00 at Walmart. The UPC # is 45496880156.

6286664aaa.jpg

Courtesy to nnbadboy from SD.

EDIT: There's no Black Wii Bundle.

EDIT: Online will be up tomorrow.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/05/walmart-exclusive-wii-bundle-includes-wii-sports-resort/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from my closest Wal-Mart ...which happened to have no Wiis at all, along with absolutely not X360s or PS3s as well. I felt as if someone was playing a joke on moi.

Just talked to my local Walmarts. They said that the advertised price is true as well as the included bundle but they won't have them until this weekend.

[quote name='m00p2000']Just talked to my local Walmarts. They said that the advertised price is true as well as the included bundle but they won't have them until this weekend.[/QUOTE] ...and confirmed as being black?

[quote name='Kush']...and confirmed as being black?[/QUOTE]
yes this is after calling multiple locations and getting the same response

I'd love to get this... I really do... but I think more than looking super cool, the black finish will only make it 10 times more apparent how dusty my Wii gets. :/

[quote name='m00p2000']Just talked to my local Walmarts. They said that the advertised price is true as well as the included bundle but they won't have them until this weekend.[/QUOTE]
Me too, I got the same response as you were that is supposed to be a promotion for the weekend.

I would buy one if I could transfer the account over. I'd like to keep the 16,000 points I have on it and the games I already purchased.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Could you update the title to be Europe only[/QUOTE]

It's not europe only ;)

[quote name='z3razerviper']Could you update the title to be Europe only[/QUOTE]

It isn't Europe only. This is in the US

[quote name='incredipinoy']it isn't europe only, this is in the us! :roll:[/quote]

lmao. it would be pretty cool if this is true!

Now if only I could get someone to take my dead pixel Wii (launch unit that overheated so it occasionally has this issue) for $100 ill grab a new wii

For this is the sale going to start on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? I would rather go to the store that's 5 miles away rather than 30.

Hmm. I just bought a used Wii 2 nights ago, and a bug crawled outta the thing. Needless to say I'm carrying it back and gonna just get a new one (I paid in credit anyways), but if I can find one of these, I'll sell the credit and gladly take a ~30 dollar hit in price.

I need more proof and I need it now ...I'm driving myself crazy thinking about this in my head. It can't possibly be true, but I want it to be true... none of this makes any sense at all.

[quote name='Kush']I need more proof and I need it now ...I'm driving myself crazy thinking about this in my head. It can't possibly be true, but I want it to be true... none of this makes any sense at all.[/QUOTE]
holy shit

Can the OP PLEASE post evidence or change the title? He's (seemingly) mislead quite a lot of people by now...

LOL I even called the Canton, MI store where someone supposedly saw one, & the guy said he heard nothing about it. I mean all of the employees could have been told not to say anything, but I'm calling this one fake until I see receipt scans, video, or photos.

As I said before, I called my local Walmart. When I spoke to the electronics guy he said he had actually just gotten off the phone with his manager about when these would be available. He had the promo material and was told it would be advertised this weekend. I also got this spiel from a couple of other stores I called. I'm in SoCal.

This has got to be fake. I called up both stores (Canton MI & Tahlequah OK) where people have claimed to see these on the store shelves. Both people in electronics had no idea what I was talking about. The lady at the Michigan store walked over to the case and said the only Wii console bundle they had was a white color console with Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort in the box.

It does kind of make you wonder why Nintendo is releasing the Classic Controller Pro in black in April but I think its pretty safe to say that we will not be seeing black Wii consoles at Walmart or anywhere else for that matter anytime soon.

[quote name='m00p2000']As I said before, I called my local Walmart. When I spoke to the electronics guy he said he had actually just gotten off the phone with his manager about when these would be available. He had the promo material and was told it would be advertised this weekend. I also got this spiel from a couple of other stores I called. I'm in SoCal.[/QUOTE]

Is this a possible Walmart exclusive? I mean of course Nintendo mentioned nothing of this & made no annoucement, although they could make an official one today or tomorrow. It's just odd that Nintendo would mention nothing of this @ all for a U.S. release. Plus considering no other stores seem to be advertising it in their store flyers for next week.

It's quite the mystery @ the moment.

[quote name='oldschoolnesgamer']This has got to be fake. I called up both stores (Canton MI & Tahlequah OK) where people have claimed to see these on the store shelves. Both people in electronics had no idea what I was talking about. The lady at the Michigan store walked over to the case and said the only Wii console bundle they had was a white color console with Wii Sports & Wii Sports Resort in the box.

It does kind of make you wonder why Nintendo is releasing the Classic Controller Pro in black in April but I think its pretty safe to say that we will not be seeing black Wii consoles at Walmart or anywhere else for that matter anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

Is Slick Deals the ORIGINAL source of this info? If so, it could be a practical joke on us CAG's. ;)

Unless I see proof (or hear it by a Walmart employee) I'm gonna place this one in the bullshit bin.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Is Slick Deals the ORIGINAL source of this info? If so, it could be a practical joke on us CAG's. ;)

Unless I see proof (or hear it by a Walmart employee) I'm gonna place this one in the bullshit bin.[/QUOTE]Agree with you on placing this in the BS bin.

The OP on slickdeals said he found it in Canton, MI. I have a buddy living down there, I'll see if he can find it.

Edit: Rereading the slickdeals thread, he doesn't make any mention on it being black. And now people are saying it's just white. So yeah, false alarm on the black-ness. Still a good deal, but myself was excited to get an N-Word Wii, as I've been waiting for one awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ddeeaallzz']Ok there seems to be a lot of confusion here. From what I've heard, it's true that Walmart is selling a Wii bundle that includes Wii Sports resort for $199.

It is WHITE, and if you do a search on eBay, you can see this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-Wii-Co...ZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item19ba7445c3

The black bundle pictured was for Europe.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!! I love fuckheads who start there lowest bid too high. And yes some of the Walmarts I called have this in stock which is a pretty good deal. The black one is coming though so I would wait.

Ok, now this is making more sense. All of this crap about a black Wii in the U.S. releasing soon was nonsense. Although for the same price w/ all that stuff it is a good deal, I'd still much rather have a black Wii.

Fellow CAGers, this is close to real. I just went to a Wally this morning and purchased this so called "Special Value" Bundle. For $199 (plus tax), it includes:

1 WHITE Wii console (not black, sorry)
1 Wiimote
1 nunchuk
1 Wii motion plus adaptor
1 copy Wii Sports
1 copy Wii Sports resort.

This is still a bargain compared to what you could purchase for $199 retail yesterday. With no word from Nintendo, it's hard to know if this is the new price point for all similar bundles or if this is a limited bundle.

Before I went, I called Wally and asked them to look up the UPC that OP posted. They did and confirmed that it was in stock before I went. That particular store had like three behind the glass.

I'm a new poster, but have been a CAGer for a while now. Hope this helps all of my fellow CAGers.

Damn, if I didn't have to pay rent I'd jump on it for that added Wii Sports Resort & Motion Plus. Now that I think about it though...is that really that much more included for the same $199.99 MSRP?

I would have liked a black Wii (haha). Would have went well with everything else. Oh, well. I'm guessing we will get some different colors eventually.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Damn, if I didn't have to pay rent I'd jump on it for that added Wii Sports Resort & Motion Plus. Now that I think about it though...is that really that much more included for the same $199.99 MSRP?[/QUOTE]

Yea, nunchuk is not included in "normal" wii bundle. So, added value is nunchuk and wii sports resort with wii motion plus adaptor. Those retail for $70 combined, so . . .

Spoke to my local Walmart, he said they have been getting calls about them, but they dont know when they will have any in, or if they will get any at all.

So if any of you CAGs are in my area, make sure you save me one if they do get some :p

[quote name='mlw']Yea, nunchuk is not included in "normal" wii bundle. So, added value is nunchuk and wii sports resort with wii motion plus adaptor. Those retail for $70 combined, so . . .[/QUOTE]

My normal wii came with a nunchuck but that was release date.

[quote name='mlw']Yea, nunchuk is not included in "normal" wii bundle. So, added value is nunchuk and wii sports resort with wii motion plus adaptor. Those retail for $70 combined, so . . .[/QUOTE]

Nunchuck is absolutely included with all wii consoles.

[quote name='schopaia']Nunchuck is absolutely included with all wii consoles.[/QUOTE]

You (and previous poster) are correct. My bad. This new bundle adds $50 MSRP, as a previous poster mentioned.
It's been so long since I purchased my Wii at launch that I forgot that it came with a nunchuk.

Still a good deal, but not amazingly inspiring. Too bad my gf got a Wii for Xmas; this bundle is a pretty awesome deal, actually, but she already bought hers.

Still waiting on the legendary and elusive black Wii. I can't believe Japan and Europe have had it, Australia's getting it, and North America has been left in the cold. I bet we get it for the holidays this year, and I'm jumping right on it.

bread's done
Back