Nintendo Wii U Pro Controller White $21.99 plus taxes

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Check out your local Bestbuy for Wii U Pro Controller (White Only) $21.99.   Black version still $50-ish.  I picked it up $25 few month ago now it drop down $22.  It's good deal if you plan getting Wii U soon :)

ballin.gif
LOL!

To be fair they aren't supposed to Price Match clearance items.
Their not supposed to Price Match clearance iems of OTHER companies, but we are talking about other Best Buys only 2 hours away. When I used to work for them, we sure as hell did that. Oh well, this is why I'm shopping at retail stores less and less.

Lexington KY: checked at the Nicholaville Rd store and the 2 controllers they had (both dusty as sin) rang up at $35 (to the surprise of no one, Lexington never seems to have any Target or BB clearance luck).

Online inventory says the Hamburg store doesn't have any in stock, but I might swing by tonight to see if there is a straggler that comes up at $22.

I'm finding I don't like the Pro controller. Not so much that it's a bad controller, but rather the layout. It's the same problem with the tablet controller, the right analog stick being ABOVE the buttons. Both PS3 and XBox 360 have the buttons above and to the right of the right analog stick. I find it unnatural for me to move my thumb down to hit buttons and find myself unsure of which button I'm hitting. The Wii classic controller have the usual setup like the other console controllers. not sure why Nintendo did this, but I don't like it.

I'm finding I don't like the Pro controller. Not so much that it's a bad controller, but rather the layout. It's the same problem with the tablet controller, the right analog stick being ABOVE the buttons. Both PS3 and XBox 360 have the buttons above and to the right of the right analog stick. I find it unnatural for me to move my thumb down to hit buttons and find myself unsure of which button I'm hitting. The Wii classic controller have the usual setup like the other console controllers. not sure why Nintendo did this, but I don't like it.
It's to match the layout of the Wii U Gamepad.

The Pro Controller is basically the Gamepad without a screen in it.

Well the rest of the buttons aren't laid out the same as the gamepad. Like I said, same problem with both the tablet/pad and pro controller.
I think maybe it's because they're all the way inward on the Pro Controller.

I have no problem using the Gamepad, but the Pro Controller is a bit awkward at times.

Thanks so much for posting this. I took a look at the BB close to me online and found some in stock.  Picked up a pair of Pro controllers for 22.99 each, and picke dup a Gaming Essentials pack for 5.99 and a Nerf Armor for Wii U at 11.99.  Excelent deal, especially since I tend to skin controllers so I can keep track of who uses what.

The fellow at the register checked and rechecked the pricing and packaging. I guess he figured I was pulling a fast one or something...

It really seems like I picked the right time to buy a Wii U, between /reasonably/ priced accessories and my soon to arrive WWHD console.

Last edited by a moderator:
This shit shouldn't be regional. Clearance deals should be mandatorily nation-wide. I'm ALWAYS screwed on these kinds of deals where I live. None of the Targets or Best Buys want to get rid of their shit.

The closest shop to me is only listing "Limited Quantity" and there's no option to order it for in-store pickup.  Considering that the store's a good twenty minutes away, I'm trying to decide if I want to make the trip out there.

$25 is a great price though.

bread's done
Back