PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at reviews for Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, everything I read seemed to indicate the actual fighting gameplay is a bit dumbed down. For example the inputs for doing moves and specials and stuff are the same for every single character. Learn one, you learn them all. Maybe this takes out some of the complexity that a more main stream fighter would have and would make it more accessible to more people... but to me part of the fun is figuring out which character fits my style the best and figuring out how to counter each characters moves. Here it's more just picking cosmetics than picking movesets since the actual gameplay seems to be reduced down to spamming the same general moves over and over to stay in control.

I'll be interested though to see what y'all think. Hopefully some folks here actually play the game. If it turns out more complex than the reviews let on then I'm probably going to get interested in it despite the Ignition version already basically replacing this version. Maybe Ignition will be dlc.
I have the import PS3 version of the game and I must say while it is simpler than most fighting games, it's still a blast to play. If you can keep from going "this-is-super-serious-tournament-business" on it, you'll have a good time if you like 2D fighters. Honestly, Under Night In-Birth (from the same team) is a much better, deeper game but for what its worth and the character roster, it's worth the pick.

I ordered the US Vita game and it shipped so I should have it soon. I hope Ignition will be DLC as well, but this is Sega of America after all... we're lucky (and hopefully thankful, I know I am) that we're getting the game over here at all.

My Senran Kagura LE from Jet came in, fulfilled by Buy.com.

Looks like Jet changed the welcome coupon from $15 to $10 :(

-Edit- 15OFFNOW still works. Thanks Callidus!

My Senran Kagura LE from Jet came in, fulfilled by Buy.com.

Looks like Jet changed the welcome coupon from $15 to $10 :(
The $15 coupon code still works, they just swapped it out on the front page banner. I just used it the $15 one this morning, had to go back through this thread to find it to try it It's "15OFFNOW".

The $15 coupon code still works, they just swapped it out on the front page banner. I just used it the $15 one this morning, had to go back through this thread to find it to try it It's "15OFFNOW".
Oh guess I will make a second order then.

Not bothering to explain this elsewhere but if anyone was looking for DI 3.0 for PS4 Jet has it for $50 (normally $65) so that wouldn't be bad at all.

https://jet.com/product/Disney-Infinity-30-Edition-Starter-Pack-PS4/547e0e7482444a54b393237f618bb6cb

DMC DE, Senran, Rune Factory 4...which one should I get ppl?

Honestly, I would most likely not play Senran or RF4 lol...but maybe RF4 will become super rare?

Not sure about the first two but Rune Factory 4 is the first HM-type game I've actually played and I love it. Quirky characters and TONS of things to do from farming to dungeon exploring. Bosses can get pretty tough too initially. Music is nice and simple and graphics are OK but the color palate makes up for that.

DMC, Senran, Rune Factory 4...which one should I get ppl?

Honestly, I would most likely not play Senran or RF4 lol...but maybe RF4 will become super rare?
Doubt it will be super rare, think the sort of uncommon place it's settled into is about where it's going to stay.

Wow. I thought you were joking at first.

The Silver edition includes:

- Game ($20 on XSEED)

- CD ($10)

- Cloth Map ($5)

- Compass ($5)

- Journal ($5)

So $45 total...or $70 on eBay if you want the flimsy box. FYI, GS converted these to used many months ago, but there's always a chance one of the stores has a dusty copy in a drawer. Vita games aren't exactly big sellers.

http://www.xseedgames.com/store.php#merch
Cool. Thanks for the info. Will see if I can find it for cheap or just buy the pieces individually.

Breach and Clear is getting a limited print run retail version on Vita: 

https://twitter.com/Randygbk/status/651168437645869056

Additional pics:

CQm385SUcAAY02S.jpg

MSRP will be $25, with only 1500 copies will be printed and no additional print runs.

Really hoping we get some other limited physical copies on Vita alongside this (I would kill for both Hotline Miami 1 and 2 on cart, the Collected Edition was an utter failure considering that the better game was digital only).

CAG apparently is not a fan of embedded tweets.

Additional pics:

CQm385SUcAAY02S.jpg

MSRP will be $25, with only 1500 copies will be printed and no additional print runs.

Really hoping we get some other limited physical copies on Vita alongside this (I would kill for both Hotline Miami 1 and 2 on cart, the Collected Edition was an utter failure considering that the better game was digital only).

I got this game for free via a code drop and the game is broken and not really that fun. It froze and crashed a lot.
I removed it from my vita a long while ago. Was hoping for an update but I never saw one and I checked frequently.
I love the idea of limited run vita games on cart but I can't recommend this one.

I got this game for free via a code drop and the game is broken and not really that fun. It froze and crashed a lot.
I removed it from my vita a long while ago. Was hoping for an update but I never saw one and I checked frequently.
I love the idea of limited run vita games on cart but I can't recommend this one.
#heartbreak #wantedanexcusetobuymorevitagames

Plenty of folks on here have a "gotta catch em all" mentality on physical Vita releases, so the quality of the game probably won't be too big of a deterrent. FWIW, I agree with your assessment.

Wanted to give that Jet website a try, but had a couple of questions that I couldn't find answers for on their page or on Google.  Wanted to know this before going through the registration process and giving them all my info.

What payment methods do they take?  Do the promo codes work only after you sign in?  Currently neither the 15OFFNOW nor the 10BUCKSNOW codes work.

Plenty of folks on here have a "gotta catch em all" mentality on physical Vita releases, so the quality of the game probably won't be too big of a deterrent. FWIW, I agree with your assessment.
Very true. I recall playing this game on my phone and falling asleep pretty quick. There was absolutely nothing about it I found interesting.

I read somewhere they plan on fixing all the issues with the physical release and releasing a patch fix for the digital version.

Same was true of the iOS version. It was pretty buggy. Seems like they had a good idea for a game but the iOS version was released in a pretty incomplete fashion and I don't know if it was ever fixed before they started porting it to pc, vita, etc?... and so on.

I wish they'd waste publishing physical games for... you know... some of the excellent stuff that's digital only.

I've probably put 100 hours into it and had a blast. Yes, it crashes on rare occasion but I really enjoyed it. It's a mobile port budget-feeling Frozen Synapse clone-lite with a 'realistic' skin (including switching to a sort of camera view for slow-mo kill shots for the shot that wins the level), some light rpgs elements, and tons of content. It's not going to set the world on fire but it's a good enough game.

The crashing is somewhat reproducible.... I can't remember exactly what it was, but it was something like 'select character, set order, undo part of order, select move, select to move the spot unit is already standing on'... something like that... convoluted, but it would get you into a state where the game lost track of the active unit and would crash 15 seconds later. [i discovered this for myself, and hunted down the bug till i could cause it so that i would know what to avoid while playing[.

Tons of content. A massive amount, really. I really enjoyed the game despite all the obvious issues.

Anyway, I think it's worth taking a chance on at mobile prices (say, a sale for $3 or less). I wouldn't recommend a $25 version to anyone but collectors, though... but anyone buying this probably isn't opening it anyway.

Additional pics:

CQm385SUcAAY02S.jpg

:whee: I wish more people would do this. Would get Axiom Verge if it got the same treatment.

PC version is getting the same treatment, if you're interested. Apparently it was a huge success. Not sure if they sold out or what.

https://theindiebox.com/axiomverge/
I would if I was a PC Gamer. The only games I play on PC are pretty much strategy games. :lol:

Forget physical, I just want Axiom Verge on Vita period.
Dat too. But a Physical Vita Release for Axiom Verge would be smexy though. I do recall them saying they would consider it.

There was sort of an Axiom Verge update recently. He was waiting for the game engine to be ported to vita, but it seems like that fell through because there wasn't enough $ to justify it. There was another dev that started working on an alternate solution that wouldn't require the monogame engine and it seems like sony asked them to port over a couple of vita titles, one of them being AV. So the actual porting hasn't even started yet, a third party is working on the solution still.

There was sort of an Axiom Verge update recently. He was waiting for the game engine to be ported to vita, but it seems like that fell through because there wasn't enough $ to justify it. There was another dev that started working on an alternate solution that wouldn't require the monogame engine and it seems like sony asked them to port over a couple of vita titles, one of them being AV. So the actual porting hasn't even started yet, a third party is working on the solution still.
Yeah, I knew about the "engine" issues, and I figured that wasn't going to happen if it hadn't already. Anyone saying otherwise was just blowing smoke. If someone else has a new solution, great, but I still don't see this happening.

It's just to late, and considering most peoples opinions on the Vita(at least in the US), someone would really need a deep desire and want to make this happen at this point, and I just don't see it.

AV can be streamed through the PS4 to the Vita right? I guess somewhere down the road once I get a PS4 I can play this, but for now, it's not looking likely.

Not sure how many of you in here are San Diego CAG's, but either you guys or the SD crowd has basically cleared the city of any and all Target clearance Vita games. I hit 4 Targets in the SD area while here on vacay and found a single lone copy of Super Monkey Ball in one of them, and absolutely nothing else.

Not sure how many of you in here are San Diego CAG's, but either you guys or the SD crowd has basically cleared the city of any and all Target clearance Vita games. I hit 4 Targets in the SD area while here on vacay and found a single lone copy of Super Monkey Ball in one of them, and absolutely nothing else.
Dd you get Monkey Ball?

Uploaded the updated R1 Checklist and Directory just moments ago.:

http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/dc/lists/

Another limited physical release indie? Sign me up!
Nice list. The only niggle I have with the checklist itself (probably beat to death in conversations before now?) is including games that aren't actual physical cart releases (minecraft, mlb15, ?etc?) but are just boxes with redemption slips inside. Seems like those should be separated from the actual releases or at least given a * and a footnote that they are redemption slips only.

Still, those are some very helpful files and a major thank you for putting them together. The other directory file is really interesting to see all the different versions of a release and tracking down where to get some of the oddball exclusives. I did notice thought that One Piece: Unlimited World Red, is not listed as Gamestop exclusive. I researched a lot about that game recently trying to figure out where to get a physical copy and everything I read said the physical game was a GS exclusive for the NA release.

Unrelated to all that... I added 3 more games to my tiny vita library. Sly Collection ($15), Wolf Among Us ($11) and Hot Shots Golf Int ($10). Got all at a local Walmart but Wolf & HotShots were cheaper buying on Walmart.com and doing site-to-store for same day pickup (since I knew they had them in the store and that they were more expensive that way).

I also grabbed the version of Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call with the CD for the price ($20) of the regular vanilla version for for 3DS. I'm mentioning this to remind folks of a little trick. If your local walmart has a special edition of a game but not the vanilla version and walmart.com has the vanilla version listed in that store for pickup "today" then you may be able to save some money by buying online and doing site-to-store since they will pull from the shelf of what is available. Also, price compare between the store and the website for stuff available "today" anyway since that too can save some money or at least make a deal comparable to other stores that have had some great deals lately.

Does anyone have a recommendation for good Vita game cases? I use Sony's Vita Traveler Case for the system and absolutely love it. It's very sturdy outside, soft inside, and holds 16 games. I especially like that the games are in little flaps rather than plastic slots so they are easy to remove. Anyway, I need something to hold my additional physical games.

I stopped by a local GameStop the other day and all they had was a used Pull N Go Folio for $10. It has really good reviews, but after taking it home I realized how big this thing is. I just need something that holds a lot of games, not the system. I'm probably going to return the Folio.

The Hori 24 case would be awesome but I can't find it at a reasonable price. Has anyone tried the $3 generic 18 cases (14 games) or $1 generic 10 cases (8 games) they sell on eBay? I'm afraid something so cheap may not fit the games properly and damage them upon removal. Other than that, I was thinking of picking up a few Nyko 10 cases at $8 a pop.

I really love the Club Nintendo reward game cases. Damn those things are perfect (and free).

bread's done
Back