GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im mostly talking about gift cards and posa cards since this conversation basically started about a rumor that gamestop wont allow you to use trade credit for those anymore.

As far as digital goes, they mostly push DLC to make the publishers happy.
Let's just agree that POSA cards (especially Steam, Playstation, and Xbox) drive sales for certain people. While they may not make much on the cards they are important to Gamestop's business and they are needed if the gaming industry is moving to digital.

Also aren't the restaurant gift cards and gas cards supplied by a vendor anyway. Gamestop doesn't always have a say at which cards end up in stores.

The gaming industry moving digital pretty much just puts Gamestop out of business which is why they are now focusing on things like ThinkGeek to help supplement any loss in profits/revenue. If gaming goes 100% digital Gamestop isn't going to be able to keep going by selling POSA cards.

I think you overvalue how important they really are. If they were that important they would push us more to try and sell them to people or push us to ask each transaction if they would like to pick up a POSA card with their purchase.

Idk man...I think Hubert knows what he is talking about. He single-handedly made Best Buy soar like the Phoenix from the ashes. & it's all thanks to his Renew Blue plan
Cut unnecessary spending, reduce overhead, work with vendors, price match, and give customers a great experience and level of service. That's why Best Buy is making a comeback.

Gift cards to other stores is not one of those things.
1RbZX6U.jpg

Ended up grabbing 2 Sonic Ultimate collections for PS3 along with Black Flag for XB1(they had a steel case edition with soundtrack) and Ace Comba. All apart of the 4 for 20. Stopped afterwards at another GS and received 27.50 in trade store credit for the 2 Sonic games. Not a bad deal for two quick stops on the way home. Might try to swap that Ace Combat tomorrow for another Sonic if the GS by my work has more.

To be honest, we'll look around for other opportunities to make our credits go farther. Just hope that little "future story of CAG" that JVang wrote up isn't prophecy.

LOL, there will be more flips. There always are.

Fast forward 10 years -->

3 people viewing Amazon Trade-In FAQ 10.0 on cheapassgamer.com

sovereignNX-73811: Any flips, my old friends?

jvang117: None at all. GameStop closed five years ago. Best Buy no longer offers GCU. Target video game deals are nonexistent. Let's not even mention Walmart.

sovereignNX-73811: Damn, should have traded in those DI 2.0 Value Packs a decade ago, eh?

2 people viewing Amazon Trade-In FAQ 10.0 on cheapassgamer.com

irishsoccermbw: Told you so.

1 person viewing Amazon Trade-In FAQ 10.0 on cheapassgamer.com

sovereignNX-73811: :-({|=

2 people viewing Amazon Trade-In FAW 10.0 on cheapassgamer.com

sovereignNX-73811: jvang117? irishsoccermbw?

whoknows: Time&Eternity4Eva

1 person viewing Amazon Trade-In FAQ 10.0 on cheapassgamer.com

sovereignNX-73811: 8-[

The gaming industry moving digital pretty much just puts Gamestop out of business which is why they are now focusing on things like ThinkGeek to help supplement any loss in profits/revenue. If gaming goes 100% digital Gamestop isn't going to be able to keep going by selling POSA cards.

I think you overvalue how important they really are. If they were that important they would push us more to try and sell them to people or push us to ask each transaction if they would like to pick up a POSA card with their purchase.
It's emberrasing walking into GameStop now. Bunch of toys and garbage that's gonna end up in a closet after being used once.

Embarrassing is a pretty strong word. I admit its a little overboard esp since they make it front and center when you walk in but some of the stuff is pretty cool.

Giftcards at Gamestop  might not be hugely profitable, but they take up no room in the store and aren't high maintenance.    IT's not just about profit but profit per sq ft per time.  They are a way for the store to make a little extra cash.  Sort of like vending machines.   

Also seemingly they are a way to attract trade ins as well.  The gas and fast food and cellphone cards seemed mostly aimed at older teens and early 20 somethings.  Gamestop's market.    ...ie, the message is, we have other stuff besides games you can blow your credit on too.  

Also parents, especially at xmas time,  can grab giftcards  for others on their list (and save themselves a trip) while buying little johnny a used copy of GTA V.  Although there aren't many cards at GS outside of the gas, ff and cellular plan cards.

Other stores like BB (at least mine) seem to have their giftcard sections in or near the checkout lines along with drinks, candy and some dvds and even games.  Impulse type purchases.  As in, I give up and will just get Uncle Ernie and Cousin Kevin a gift card.  And cross them off my list.  Save myself another trip.

I hardly ever purchase used games at full price, but I found a mint condition Pokemon Heart Gold CIB at my store the other day -- if I didn't think it would sell so fast I would've re-upped for my B2G1 to pick something else up, but nope, had to do it.  I guess $49.99 - 10% isn't all that bad considering ebay prices. 

Unfortunately it looks like they really tanked some of the pokemon trade in values though.  Those used to be my guaranteed b2g1 fodder as I could usually trade 2 back in (with a TIV bump or coupon promo) and keep 1 for free or negligible cost.   Hope they do some trade in promos right before black friday again.  We need some more stock for the inevitable b2g1 or b2g2 we are all hoping hits!

What the heck is going on with Gamestop's stock checker? The first stores that pop up when I try to search for something are 50-60 miles away when I know the ones in my area have it in stock. I tried using the app instead, and that worked until literally 1-2 minutes ago when the same thing now happens after entering my zip code. :whistle2:k

What the heck is going on with Gamestop's stock checker? The first stores that pop up when I try to search for something are 50-60 miles away when I know the ones in my area have it in stock. I tried using the app instead, and that worked until literally 1-2 minutes ago when the same thing now happens after entering my zip code. :whistle2:k
Gamestop's always watching.

The values from the weekend are still up on the website.  I have one last copy of sonic I need to trade in so going to check it out later. The stock checker keeps doing that on my end as well. It did it last week too.

A lot of items have dropped off the website, as far as being available to ship. Kind of strange; for instance, there are 292 DS games that ship in 24 hours compared to how it's been 1400-1600 lately.

I don't think it was el hoardo...i noticed yesterday that 12-15 games in my watch list simultaneously became unavailable. All were games that only went up with more stores doing online sales.

Something's going on there.

I'm surprised the trade bump has lasted this long. Didn't make to the store yesterday, went in today though. Traded in Burnout: Revenge for $13.75 ($12.50 base + 10%) and grabbed for more Xbox 360 games from the 4 for $20 sale. Still had a bit of credit left from a trade-in last week so I didn't have to pay the difference out-of-pocket.

I could be wrong but double check that expiration date. It has that date but when you read the fine print it was 9/30 when it expired.
You know whats strange.......i have the same coupon that shows expire on 10/12 on the GS app but then when you actually click the active offer in app it shows the expriation date of 9/30? im sure they will allow the later date since it technically shows both

You know whats strange.......i have the same coupon that shows expire on 10/12 on the GS app but then when you actually click the active offer in app it shows the expriation date of 9/30? im sure they will allow the later date since it technically shows both
My store allowed me to use mine last weekend when I noticed the discrepancy. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back