GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in:
2 Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collections
2 play and charge cables
Mad Max PS4
3 OEM 360 slim AC adapters
Xbox 360 VGA cable

Netted $146.85 in credit. Paid off the remainder on an Elite controller and RockBand 4 PS4. Not too shabby.

Traded in my Gears ultimate I got from Microsoft store with 10$ off and 15$ back , it will probably be 20$ on bf . Also 2 sonics from the from the 4 for 20$ , nice deal getting 6 games for about 11$ that I'll never play .

Would gamestop accept just a wii console trade in? I'm wondering if they'd take it with a refurb fee. I bought the console just by itself at a thrift shop for $7.

If not I can always hold onto it as a backup wii/gamecube. At least it doesn't take up too much space.

Would gamestop accept just a wii console trade in? I'm wondering if they'd take it with a refurb fee. I bought the console just by itself at a thrift shop for $7.

If not I can always hold onto it as a backup wii/gamecube. At least it doesn't take up too much space.
You'd have to have all the pieces to trade in. If you are missing any pieces you have to buy the missing pieces to make it whole.

Traded 4 copies of Sonic and picked up Mass Effect 2 and debating to keep the rest. 

Also my Gamestop actually has Ebay $25-500 cards and about to get Visa Prepaid Cards soon. 

We have been talking about these supposed VISA gift cards for almost two and a half months. Does anyone know any factual details or is this still a wait and see situation?

We have been talking about these supposed VISA gift cards for almost two and a half months. Does anyone know any factual details or is this still a wait and see situation?
The DM, in my area, has confirmed that they are coming soon and you can use your trade credit on them.

I have not heard anything about getting these cards. We actually just did our reset of gift cards for the holiday and they werent in the planogram.

Why can't a retailer have a deal to "upgrade" your Xbox one. All these bundles and trade in deals for old systems but nothing for upgrading your X1 to a new bundle. Stupid shiiit

[quote name="no658ea3" post="12951754" timestamp="1443934698"]The DM, in my area, has confirmed that they are coming soon and you can use your trade credit on them. [/quote]
I'd have a hard time buying these because I'd lose the "no sales tax" bonus on my trade credit...

The holiday return policy started today. On the receipts "Any product purchased between 10/4/15 and 12/24/15 may be returned with receipt by 1/16/16. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened."

The holiday return policy started today. On the receipts "Any product purchased between 10/4/15 and 12/24/15 may be returned with receipt by 1/16/16. Product must be in resale condition. Package for new product must be unopened."
T
Time to buy a few used games and beat them within that time period then

I was just going to post this . I went back for another round of 4 for 20$ with sonic boomerang and saw it on my receipt .

[quote name="inky1600" post="12952582" timestamp="1443991581"]You pay sales tax on visa gift cards in your area? Or do you mean you just dont want to pay activation fees?[/quote]
I don't think I (or anyone else) pay tax for Visa gift cards. What I meant to say is that if I buy Visa gift cards, whatever I buy with them I get charged tax, whereas I do not get charged tax when I use my trade credit. That keeps my money locked at GameStop but I'm OK with that. I'm about to get me a Halo 5 console so it shouldn't be a problem for very long. :D

That's a valid point. 8% savings (or whatever your state charges) is a noticeable and palpable amount.  

I've got $710 in credit with GameStop - I keep telling myself that I'm saving it for flips and potentially, Sony VR/Morpheus.  The reality is that I've been picking up some new releases here and there. 

My only issue with the Visa cards is that I'll have to pay the processing fee on them which doesn't make much sense when I can just get Shell cards instead. They're as good as cash for me and also don't raise any flags with possible junior detectives.

My friend Mohammed said GameStops black Friday going to be mediocre. His friend dimitry works at corporate and they've been discussions about what to do and it's going to be MSRP palooza

The other variable value card I saw was Stubhub.

I also saw Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic, Dairy Queen, and a couple other new ones.

I don't think I (or anyone else) pay tax for Visa gift cards. What I meant to say is that if I buy Visa gift cards, whatever I buy with them I get charged tax, whereas I do not get charged tax when I use my trade credit. That keeps my money locked at GameStop but I'm OK with that. I'm about to get me a Halo 5 console so it shouldn't be a problem for very long. :D
Ok i just thought you were saying you were saying you pay tax on those vs. No tax on store cards.

I agree 100% i try to use trade credit to buy at GS whenever possible to save on tax. Trouble is they are beaten on price for new games almost every time so i usually cant take advantage of that.

It's not false, Mohammed Has info from corporate and they're planning MSRP palooza. he can say with 100% this info
We aren't doubting the honorable Mohammed, we doubt his source, Dimitry, who has been known to spread false information in the past.

I agree 100% i try to use trade credit to buy at GS whenever possible to save on tax. Trouble is they are beaten on price for new games almost every time so i usually cant take advantage of that.
Word. I've been focusing my trade credit on GS exclusives or things that I can't just get anywhere else for the price.

For those who use their credit to buy gift cards...I don't know if this has been mentioned before or even is legit but I was told by a Gamestop employee that starting in December we will not be able to use store credit or gift cards to buy other gift cards (Amazon, Shell, etc). Also can't do trades without a drivers license from the state you are trading in at. So as in my situation, since I have a Florida license I can't trade in at a Massachusetts store. The trade in thing might just be a Massachusetts only, I didn't ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back