PS Vita Deals & Discussions Thread

lastemp3ror

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
Since I thought the cheap 3DS games thread was a good idea. I thought I would start one for the PS Vita. I will maintain this site a few times a day going forward. Post links up to new deals and I will add them to the OP. Anyhow, here we go:

Updated 2/5/2014

Amazon:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational $15.50

Lumines- Electronic Symphony $18.49

MLB 12 The Show- $5.88

Silent Hill: Book of Memories- $11.68

Spy Hunter- $14.89

Gravity Rush- $18.53

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time- $19.12

Need for Speed: Most Wanted- $15.99

Persona 4 Golden - $19.99

Best Buy:

GameStop:

Call of Duty Black Ops: Declassified $19..99 New/ $17.99 Used

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have a recommendation for good Vita game cases? I use Sony's Vita Traveler Case for the system and absolutely love it. It's very sturdy outside, soft inside, and holds 16 games. I especially like that the games are in little flaps rather than plastic slots so they are easy to remove. Anyway, I need something to hold my additional physical games.

I stopped by a local GameStop the other day and all they had was a used Pull N Go Folio for $10. It has really good reviews, but after taking it home I realized how big this thing is. I just need something that holds a lot of games, not the system. I'm probably going to return the Folio.

The Hori 24 case would be awesome but I can't find it at a reasonable price. Has anyone tried the $3 generic 18 cases (14 games) or $1 generic 10 cases (8 games) they sell on eBay? I'm afraid something so cheap may not fit the games properly and damage them upon removal. Other than that, I was thinking of picking up a few Nyko 10 cases at $8 a pop.

I really love the Club Nintendo reward game cases. Damn those things are perfect (and free).
The vault case is really nice http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-vault-case-for-playstation-vita-blue/8171019.p?id=1219314439794&skuId=8171019

for game cases this one is really nice but you stack games in it.
http://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Storage-Protective-Playstation-PSV1000/dp/B00QIJJW1A/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1444233666&sr=8-12&keywords=vita+game+case

The vault case is what I use... little sad now, I just got it a couple weeks ago at full price and now it's on sale for $5 :( Well worth it, though.

Vault case only holds 3 games. Nice price though if you're looking for something to hold the Vita.

I've looked at that stack case before. I may go with it since you don't have to worry about getting cartridges into and out of plastic slots.

Does anyone have a recommendation for good Vita game cases? I use Sony's Vita Traveler Case for the system and absolutely love it. It's very sturdy outside, soft inside, and holds 16 games. I especially like that the games are in little flaps rather than plastic slots so they are easy to remove. Anyway, I need something to hold my additional physical games.

I stopped by a local GameStop the other day and all they had was a used Pull N Go Folio for $10. It has really good reviews, but after taking it home I realized how big this thing is. I just need something that holds a lot of games, not the system. I'm probably going to return the Folio.

The Hori 24 case would be awesome but I can't find it at a reasonable price. Has anyone tried the $3 generic 18 cases (14 games) or $1 generic 10 cases (8 games) they sell on eBay? I'm afraid something so cheap may not fit the games properly and damage them upon removal. Other than that, I was thinking of picking up a few Nyko 10 cases at $8 a pop.

I really love the Club Nintendo reward game cases. Damn those things are perfect (and free).
wow $10 for the folio, it has gone down in price at gs!

I have the BB hard case blue color that I paid $5 about 8 months ago and mini hard cases that hold 6 games and 2 memory cards that I bought cheap from GS for $1. That folio is tempting at $10, but I have the soft pouch, a hard face and the bb hard case so I will hold off buying any extra cases.

For games GS has the original sony case that holds I think it is 8 games and 2 memories for like $2 I believe.

wow $10 for the folio, it has gone down in price at gs!

For games GS has the original sony case that holds I think it is 8 games and 2 memories for like $2 I believe.
The folio for $10 is a great deal. Used but perfect condition. A shame it's so big and I only need something for games.

No GS near me has the original Sony game cases. At $2 a pop I would buy a handful.

The folio for $10 is a great deal. Used but perfect condition. A shame it's so big and I only need something for games.

No GS near me has the original Sony game cases. At $2 a pop I would buy a handful.
I think you can find empty Vita cases on eBay pretty cheap, have you looked?

If you can find it, the best Vita game case that I have found is the game case that comes in the Rocketfish Vita Starter Kit at Best Buy (discontinued). It is very small and holds 30 games per case. They stopped selling the case over a year ago though, so you would have to likely find them used somewhere. I have 4 of these cases for my Vita games, but I need one more.

The only one I could even find available for sale used is on ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ps-vita-case-And-Memory-Card-/141792580475?hash=item21037f137b

$40 for the bundle (which isn't terrible as it comes with the cases, 16GB memory stick, and 2 games). Not a great option if you need just the case though.

Not sure how many of you in here are San Diego CAG's, but either you guys or the SD crowd has basically cleared the city of any and all Target clearance Vita games. I hit 4 Targets in the SD area while here on vacay and found a single lone copy of Super Monkey Ball in one of them, and absolutely nothing else.
If it's the Balboa Target, I just returned one there Sunday, lol.

I got a few of the generic $1 cases that hold 8 cards off ebay. They are very good quality for something that came from China. Very happy with them.

I did notice thought that One Piece: Unlimited World Red, is not listed as Gamestop exclusive. I researched a lot about that game recently trying to figure out where to get a physical copy and everything I read said the physical game was a GS exclusive for the NA release.
I bought my copy of One Piece UWR directly from Bandai Namco. It was even cheaper than Gamestop's price (of course).

Unfortunately, it looks like they're sold out now.

When I needed an extra case I just bought a copy of Smart As for $4. Now I have a nice case for Danganronpa:AE (thanks gamestop) and this amazing game! (Will trade Smart As for Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 LE)

I heard certain gamestops already started throwing away vita cases and storing them like DS games. It's an awful practice, but maybe if you ask they'll at least give you some of the cases when the time comes.

Nice list. The only niggle I have with the checklist itself (probably beat to death in conversations before now?) is including games that aren't actual physical cart releases (minecraft, mlb15, ?etc?) but are just boxes with redemption slips inside. Seems like those should be separated from the actual releases or at least given a * and a footnote that they are redemption slips only.

Still, those are some very helpful files and a major thank you for putting them together. The other directory file is really interesting to see all the different versions of a release and tracking down where to get some of the oddball exclusives. I did notice thought that One Piece: Unlimited World Red, is not listed as Gamestop exclusive. I researched a lot about that game recently trying to figure out where to get a physical copy and everything I read said the physical game was a GS exclusive for the NA release.
Thank you for your observations. You're correct about One Piece, I had failed to mark that as a GS exclusive, it's fixed now. Yes, on the checklist I have received numerous remarks concerning the mere presence of the two games (Minecraft and MLB 15: The Show). My own view on the matter is that while no game cart resides in those cases they are still titles which can be purchased as most any other physical game can in a traditional brick & mortar retail environment and still have a normal game case the same as any other physical Vita release would normally have. What I will do is take into consideration your suggestion of adding an asterisk to such titles with a footnote as that seems a logical approach to handling this odd controversy (many people have complained about them being on the checklist). Reason I have done nothing concerning this to date is I have viewed the checklist and directory, at least in my mind, as being two parts of a whole since their inception.

I bought my copy of One Piece UWR directly from Bandai Namco. It was even cheaper than Gamestop's price (of course).

Unfortunately, it looks like they're sold out now.
Right, and that's the oddity of "exclusives". Exclusivity is generally a limited time deal unless the company/retailer which claims the item exclusive played a role in bringing the product out to begin with. In this case GameStop has two Namco Bandai made PS Vita games for which they had "exclusive" rights. This is how and where they differ.

Tales of Hearts R

Bandai Namco was not planning to release this game in North America. GameStop partnered with Bandai Namco to fund the localization of this title with stipulation that it would not be sold through PSN and they would have exclusive retail rights. Online sales contract rights are a different matter though and thus after so many months Bandai Namco could sell the game directly through their Amazon storefront.

One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Bandai Namco had already announced they were releasing this title for the PS Vita in Region 1, but as a digital-only through PSN. GameStop partnered up to fund a physical release of this title with a contract stipulation they would have exclusive physical copy retail rights. This contract was different in that they only had physical retail exclusivity at release, but not online exclusivity. So at launch you could buy a copy from GameStop, order a copy from Bandai Namco's Amazon storefront, or purchase as DLC through PSN. Hence why if you look up this title on GameStop they don't mention it as being an exclusive, because it kind of was but also technically wasn't.

Good checklist. I was going to do a google doc but this is much better

I also don't mind the limited releases but I'm hoping this doesn't become super common
When they are no more than $30 I don't mind it to much, but if this becomes a regular practice then my wallet is definitely going to feel lighter. Not to mention having to keep up with such releases, when and where to order them, etcetera could become a nightmare.

Tales of Hearts R
Bandai Namco was not planning to release this game in North America. GameStop partnered with Bandai Namco to fund the localization of this title with stipulation that it would not be sold through PSN and they would have exclusive retail rights. Online sales contract rights are a different matter though and thus after so many months Bandai Namco could sell the game directly through their Amazon storefront.
All PS Vita games must be sold through PSN in order to be approved by Sony, and ToHR is no exception.

UMvC3 is no longer sold on PSN due to licensing of the Marvel franchise, but it was available at launch.

Thanks for the input on game cases everyone! I think I'm going to grab the stacking one that holds 16 games and comes with SAO artwork.

Right, and that's the oddity of "exclusives". Exclusivity is generally a limited time deal unless the company/retailer which claims the item exclusive played a role in bringing the product out to begin with. In this case GameStop has two Namco Bandai made PS Vita games for which they had "exclusive" rights. This is how and where they differ.

Tales of Hearts R

One Piece: Unlimited World Red
Bandai Namco had already announced they were releasing this title for the PS Vita in Region 1, but as a digital-only through PSN. GameStop partnered up to fund a physical release of this title with a contract stipulation they would have exclusive physical copy retail rights. This contract was different in that they only had physical retail exclusivity at release, but not online exclusivity. So at launch you could buy a copy from GameStop, order a copy from Bandai Namco's Amazon storefront, or purchase as DLC through PSN. Hence why if you look up this title on GameStop they don't mention it as being an exclusive, because it kind of was but also technically wasn't.

When they are no more than $30 I don't mind it to much, but if this becomes a regular practice then my wallet is definitely going to feel lighter. Not to mention having to keep up with such releases, when and where to order them, etcetera could become a nightmare.
I don't necessarily mind the price but it's just as you said, keeping up with them. I now keep up with NIS after the firefly diaries.
Retro city was at least advertised on the ps blog. Games like breach and clear will likely get no press so we will have to start following limited press companies on twitter

So I just picked up Dengeki bunko: Fighting climax launch edition from gamestop and I was told they only got 1 copy in store. From what I've heard from other people, that's the case with their store as well. I wonder why just 1 copy for each store?

So I just picked up Dengeki bunko: Fighting climax launch edition from gamestop and I was told they only got 1 copy in store. From what I've heard from other people, that's the case with their store as well. I wonder why just 1 copy for each store?
It's a very niche title, I doubt it will have a big production run. Knowing GS, they will gut every single copy that goes to their stores, then sell them as new, business as usual.

I preordered this through BB for $24, it's already shipped. But I bet BB will sell out fairly soon, they did this with the Terraria Vita physical release, had it in stock for only a week or two, then it sold out forever.

It's a very niche title, I doubt it will have a big production run. Knowing GS, they will gut every single copy that goes to their stores, then sell them as new, business as usual.

I preordered this through BB for $24, it's already shipped. But I bet BB will sell out fairly soon, they did this with the Terraria Vita physical release, had it in stock for only a week or two, then it sold out forever.
Yeah, luckily I had trade credit, so I was able to get the price down a bit. I still need to get GCU. But the only thing I don't like about bestbuy is that they always send launch edition games in bubble mailers.

Yup, I picked up my copy this morning and they only had 2 copies my Pre order and one extra one on display. The employee told me I was the only one that pre ordered the Vita version at that store.

Thanks for the input on game cases everyone! I think I'm going to grab the stacking one that holds 16 games and comes with SAO artwork.
i have 2 and i love them. built quality is very good. way better then any of the plastic ones.
but you have to stack only thing i really not like.

Dengeki Bunko on VITA needed PSTV support. I don't care that there's a newer game coming out, I would have still supported this release.

But no PSTV support, no buy!

Anyone else have a problem with Dengeki Bunko from BB not offering free expedited shipping for elite members? My copy isn't coming in until next week. I emailed BB days ago and they still haven't replied >_>

Anyone else have a problem with Dengeki Bunko from BB not offering free expedited shipping for elite members? My copy isn't coming in until next week. I emailed BB days ago and they still haven't replied >_>
I'm an elite member and my copy is due to arrive tomorrow (shipped from Louisville, KY yesterday).

Got my Senran Kagura from Jet and that book is pretty damn cool. Wish they didn't package it in a bubble mailler though, the bottom right edge on both sides have damage to it.

I'm and elite member and my copy is due to arrive tomorrow (shipped from Louisville, KY yesterday).
Thanks for confirmation. Since they apparently don't check email, I'll call tomorrow and see what's up.

Got my Senran Kagura from Jet and that book is pretty damn cool. Wish they didn't package it in a bubble mailler though, the bottom right edge on both sides have damage to it.
Mine was bubble mailed too and came with some box damage :\

Surprisingly my Senran Kagura arrived today in a bubble mailer and with no damage to the box. I played a bit of the game and it's pretty fun so far with very over the top "fan service".

Surprisingly my Senran Kagura arrived today in a bubble mailer and with no damage to the box. I played a bit of the game and it's pretty fun so far with very over the top "fan service".

If it's the Balboa Target, I just returned one there Sunday, lol.
I'm not sure. It was a big 2-story Target in the Hotel Circle area, near I-8 and the fashion valley shopping mall. I had never seen a 2 story Target before until that point.

Oh, and sorry Chimp, if I knew you needed it I would have just grabbed it.

You should try Senran Kagura Bon Appetit! if it goes on sale again on PSN :D
The only really annoying thing about Bon Appetit is that it's a $15 game, but it's basically half the game, and the other half is $15 DLC. So they basically snuck out a pretty bare bones psn rhythm game (really notable only for the quirkiness and fan service) as a $30 game.

Yep, mine came today and it was also damaged a little on both sides. Kinda disapointing but for the price I'm not gonna complain.

Lol...your animated avatar kinda looks like he's enjoying Bon Appetit right now!
:whistle2:

Now that I've gone ahead and bought this I may as well.
I didn't know you passed it up, I thought you ended up grabbing it during the Golden Week sale

The only really annoying thing about Bon Appetit is that it's a $15 game, but it's basically half the game, and the other half is $15 DLC. So they basically snuck out a pretty bare bones psn rhythm game (really notable only for the quirkiness and fan service) as a $30 game.
I grabbed it because it was only $7.50 but I remember that people were talking about the same thing you're mentioning with the DLC basically being the rest of the game.

I'm sure it will be on sale again, probably even lower. Hope the dlc is discounted this time too.

Kinda disapointing but for the price I'm not gonna complain.
Yea the price was too good, it wont ever be that low without using discounts and stuff to drop the price.

bread's done
Back