Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
http://www.vg247.com/2015/10/07/riot-bans-key-reseller-g2a-from-sponsoring-league-of-legends-teams/

Huh, imagine that. G2A being shady and violating a publisher's rules. Who knew!?

And as usual, people in the comments of a news post are being dumbasses.

Yes, Steam just adds extra money to all the games because they are evil and the feel like it and games normally cost $10 and G2A isn't sourcing them through shady dealers in Eastern Europe that often buy them with stolen credit cards at all. They're just doing everyone a public service.

Last edited by a moderator:
UHB49f9.jpg

It's Madjoki. He did some scheisty ass shit to steal it from their site likely due to some half ass coding or security on their part. And no, he's not going to tell you

unless you go to the NotTebow chat and ask nicely

maybe.
lmao no idea what Not Tebow chat is and its irrelevant now as I got one a little bit ago, I want another for Siege, but no rush on it. Gonna see how low these go first.

It's the chat everyone went to after they left the Tebow chat, duh.

Anyway, if you want to pay for a game and for a cheap but actually legitimate and non glitch amount, Madjoki is really not the person to ask.

How is it superior to the 390?
My mistake. I misspoke or misremembered some stuff. The 290X does have some minor technical aspects that are superior to the 390 (more GFLOPS, more shaders and texture mappers) but nothing that'd be worth making an argument for. My main reason for getting the 290X over the 390 was the $150 fewer dollars for largely equivalent performance for my needs (essentially same GPU and don't need 8GB for $150 more).

My mistake. I misspoke or misremembered some stuff. The 290X does have some minor technical aspects that are superior to the 390 (more GFLOPS, more shaders and texture mappers) but nothing that'd be worth making an argument for. My main reason for getting the 290X over the 390 was the $150 fewer dollars for largely equivalent performance for my needs (essentially same GPU and don't need 8GB for $150 more).
ARE GFLOPS the new VRAMs? I certainly hope so.

I agree with that but also feel like nvidia has gotten a lot better since I last purchased a card. I'm not going to go cheap on the video card but at the same time do not want to waste money on lets say a 980 where that extra $200 only gets you about 10-15% more performance.

The 8gb of vram is interesting on the R9-390 at about the same price as the 970.

I bought the R9 290X because it's actually superior to the 390 in some ways. The 4GB doesn't bother me. It's more than enough for right now, will be fine for the next couple years and I'll be ready to upgrade by the time it even scratches at being a liability.

Granted, that's for my own relatively modest needs and I'm not trying to play at 4K on three screens at once or anything. I suppose if VR takes off or something I might need to upgrade sooner but I'm not worried.

ARE GFLOPS the new VRAMs? I certainly hope so.
jack.gif

Yeah it was in a pretty terrible Poopees bundle right about the time they really started going down the shitter. I passed on it and will just buy (or Tremor) it next time it gets bundled.

Should anyone want to join in the Ark madness, here's the info:

Connection Info:     192.99.200.148:27017

or on the Ark server browser, search for CDS Playground

password = kodexsucks

It's easier to add the IP to Steam's server browser by doing the following:

- Open Steam.
    - At the top left, click on 'View'.
    - Click on 'Servers' and head over to the 'Favorites' tab.
    - Click 'Add Server to Favorites'.
    - Copy and paste your server's IP and port in the format of IP:pORT. It is displayed in this format within your control panel in multiple locations when viewing your service.

After it's added, in theory you can just double click it from the Steam browser but since it's password protected, it rarely works. It's best to just fire up Ark and click favorites from within the game and join that way. For some dumb reason it won't let you add a server by IP from within the game to your fav list.

The best place for a noob to start is going to probably be on the east or south. Someone has a tiny base on the south but all of the east is wide open.

PS Don't be a Richard head or you'll get banned. Also the server subscribes to a master ban list and checks for VAC bans so DB's need not apply.

Most people already have Risen 1 and 2 but GMG is selling a Risen Franchise Pack, which is ...

• Risen
  • Risen 2 Dark Waters
  • Risen 2 DLC Pirate's Clothes
  • Risen 2 DLC Treasure Isle
  • Risen 2 DLC Air Temple
  • Risen 3 - Titan Lords
  • Risen 3 DLC The Adventure Garb
  • Risen 3 DLC Fog Island
  • Risen 3 DLC Uprising of the Little Guys
it's $6.16 after the 23% off coupon

Most people already have Risen 1 and 2 but GMG is selling a Risen Franchise Pack, which is ...

• Risen
  • Risen 2 Dark Waters
  • Risen 2 DLC Air Temple
  • Risen 3 - Titan Lords
  • Risen 3 DLC Fog Island
Hell of a lot or Risen there for that price.

Risen 3 complete has been about that price on Steam before, so I may as well wait unless someone actually wants the first two games.

[quote name="Bruticis2" post="12956946" timestamp="1444221984"]Don't play on an official server, seriously, save yourself the grief and the grim reminder that the vast majority of mankind is extra stupid. Look for an unofficial server (i.e. mine) that has settings you like. Most of the unofficial servers are fantastic and if you can find a good one (i.e. mine) the folks are pretty helpful to noobs too.[/quote]Just wondering if I can ride a T Rex and have it teabag my fallen opponent... A friend wants to know, yeah that's the ticket

Risen 3 complete has been about that price on Steam before, so I may as well wait unless someone actually wants the first two games.
This is probably the better purchase for anyone who, like me, cares about owning the DLCs for Risen 2 & 3 and doesn't have any of them already.

Even at 80% off, the Risen 2 DLC separately comess in at $2.40, leaving $3.80 for Risen 3 Complete. It's a pretty good deal, all in all.

At least until Risen 3 or Risen 2 Complete gets bundled..

I would buy the game to play on your server... But I think the lag will be really important. Around 300 maybe. I'm on SA
Well, I obviously can't guarantee any kind of ping time but I can say this was a major concern my group had when we rented the server. We have players in the Czech Republic, Poland, Canada, Croatia and ofc the USA and we were all shocked how amazing the ping times were for everyone. The worst ping I've had someone report was around 90 ms. Hopefully they'll do another free weekend soon and see you can see what kind of pings times you get first hand. I'd be shocked if they're were over 100 ms.

Just wondering if I can ride a T Rex and have it teabag my fallen opponent... A friend wants to know, yeah that's the ticket
Ride Trex, check. Teabag with the Trex, that's a negative. On the plus side you can force the Trex to defecate on your opponent (but make sure you jump down and scoop it up for fertilizer).

ARK is around $10 on sambaland... I'll wait for a free weekend to check latency. But it may take a while and I want to play on your server...

BTW... Anyone knows if Risen complete is a single key? I may bite on this to gift Risen 1 & 2 to a friend

• Risen
  • Risen 2 Dark Waters
  • Risen 2 DLC Air Temple
  • Risen 3 - Titan Lords
  • Risen 3 DLC Fog Island
which of these was bundled before?

The DLC isn't worth buying. Unless you, against all odds, managed to enjoy R2 and R3.
FWIW I liked Risen 2 and still thought the DLC for it sucked. The value is just not there. It's either cosmetic crap or a couple of really generic and short phoned in quests with a lot of running around and not much dialog.

I'd say only worry about getting it if you're an OCD completionist and it will keep you up at night not having it.

The DLC isn't worth buying. Unless you, against all odds, managed to enjoy R2 and R3.
MysterD has managed to enjoy both Risen 2 + 3.

EDIT:

FWIW I liked Risen 2 and still thought the DLC for it sucked. The value is just not there. It's either cosmetic crap or a couple of really generic and short phoned in quests with a lot of running around and not much dialog.

I'd say only worry about getting it if you're an OCD completionist and it will keep you up at night not having it.
I'd say if anyone owns ZERO Risen stuff, buy this. Risen 1 is really good - and IMHO, their best PB-made RPG since Gothic 1.

Risen 2 + 3 for many people seem to be an acquired taste. And given how the combat + camera has changed majorly, this is best suited for a gamepad.

[quote name="FoxyPie" post="12957933" timestamp="1444262254"]Any other CAGGOTS planning on playing the beta? Taking forever to DL but I will be ready for tomorrow.

I also have that stupid Vermintide game DLed but I never know when the beta is open. [/quote]
I will be playing...pre-loaded and new drivers installed. Does battlefront have VoIP built-in?

bread's done
Back