GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
OOT:

I can't really use a B-day Coupon with a PUR used $ coupon right??

Pretty sure it YYMMV or just not.

if anyone can tell me i'd appreaciate it.
YMMV, but if memory serves they take the 20% off of the decreased amount of the item *after* the PUR used item coupon is applied.

Question: So when they nuked my old account, I just couldn't log in on PUR. I could still use it in store for my discount. Well come today, I attempted to use my card and they couldn't even pull it up. Do you think if I contacted them if I could get a refund of some kind? I had 10 years on that account so $150 worth of membership. Kinda annoying, not a big deal but I don't see how they can completely annihilate my discount as well as the account.

Question: So when they nuked my old account, I just couldn't log in on PUR. I could still use it in store for my discount. Well come today, I attempted to use my card and they couldn't even pull it up. Do you think if I contacted them if I could get a refund of some kind? I had 10 years on that account so $150 worth of membership. Kinda annoying, not a big deal but I don't see how they can completely annihilate my discount as well as the account.
Why'd they nuke your account?

If you violated their ToS then most likely no unless you can find some state statute that covers you.

It's 15 bucks to make a new account, take the L on this one.

Leave it alone. The last thing you need is any more eyes on you and your history. Hopefully you didn't have any preorders with GS cause it sounds like LP got involved and just did a hard ban on your account.

Like irish said, just move on and open up another one. Although it was helpful that you shared your story for others to learn from - be careful about using coupons from other accounts. I wonder if LP somehow tracked that on their own or if you just ran into a junior detective who noticed you cashing out on a ton of points and put in a call about you. Guess I got lucky because when I cashed out on all of my points, I burned through a ton of coupons within a short amount of time (all of them were from my account though) and nothing happened to me.

Is there a limit to the amount of returns you can make per week/month until your account gets flagged like with trade-ins? I got a speech from a guy in store saying I should be worried if I do too many returns because my account can get banned.

I've been doing maybe 3 returns a week since June so I don't think I have anything to worry about but just checking.

Is there a limit to the amount of returns you can make per week/month until your account gets flagged like with trade-ins? I got a speech from a guy in store saying I should be worried if I do too many returns because my account can get banned.
I've been doing maybe 3 returns a week since June so I don't think I have anything to worry about but just checking.
Lol I assume you have been taking advantage of the "GameStop rental service."

It's jackasses like this that will ruin the 'rental system' for the rest of us.

You ever make a trade and like half an hour wonder why you did?

Traded Forza 6 for $33 and I paid $30 for it. Want really done with it but wasn't enjoying it quite as much as 5 for whatever reason. Figured oh I'll take the money now and pick it up during BF. Sitting at dinner I'm like was that really worth getting it for $24 at the very lowest and will I really want to play it again three months?

1376729954-bfa4ddbe110952ec5aaacc46d2a9752e.gif

You ever make a trade and like half an hour wonder why you did?

Traded Forza 6 for $33 and I paid $30 for it. Want really done with it but wasn't enjoying it quite as much as 5 for whatever reason. Figured oh I'll take the money now and pick it up during BF. Sitting at dinner I'm like was that really worth getting it for $24 at the very lowest and will I really want to play it again three months?
For the past 2 years forzas haven't been below $35 anywhere on Black Friday

Went to trade in 2 Sonic Ultimates on ps3 and guy would only allow one. I've always been allowed to do 2 at a time before.

Forza Horizon 2 was $40 and during B2G1 @ BB around Thanksgiving I recall.

Edit: and Forza 5 was on sale for $15? at gamefly and Below $10 at Sears??? I remember cause I price matched at Walmart during Black Friday Night.

Forza Horizon 2 was $40 and during B2G1 @ BB around Thanksgiving I recall.

Edit: and Forza 5 was on sale for $15? at gamefly and Below $10 at Sears??? I remember cause I price matched at Walmart during Black Friday Night.
There's no way forza 5 was $10 in 2013, maybe last year 2014.

There's no way forza 5 was $10 in 2013, maybe last year 2014.
Yeah It was 2014. Can't remember 2013. But a B2G1 is pretty imminent with either BB or Target to get Forza for pretty cheap.

Edit: There was that Target Coupon Buy 2 get 30% Off which Stacked with B2G1 Free.During 2013?. Lol Great Times. People were returning the games to get games for like 5 Bucks.

When you say 10 years on your account do you mean 10 years total or 10 years worth of future renews as in through 2025 ?

Yeah It was 2014. Can't remember 2013. But a B2G1 is pretty imminent with either BB or Target to get Forza for pretty cheap.

Edit: There was that Target Coupon Buy 2 get 30% Off which Stacked with B2G1 Free.During 2013?. Lol Great Times. People were returning the games to get games for like 5 Bucks.
Bro the cashier was like 😮 When I stacked that coupon, you're right those were good times.

Well in the last two months of the year the cheapest I would expect to get it is $30 at BBY pre-GCU. I'll probably just take it as reason enough to move on from the game. It's every bit as good as 5, better even, but maybe I just played too much of 5 for 6 to grab me the same way. Don't see myself playing any significant multiplayer this time around and was only playing the last few days to work on the "campaign" races. There will probably be an incomplete edition again too so I'm just not going to worry about it too much.

Well in the last two months of the year the cheapest I would expect to get it is $30 at BBY pre-GCU. I'll probably just take it as reason enough to move on from the game. It's every bit as good as 5, better even, but maybe I just played too much of 5 for 6 to grab me the same way. Don't see myself playing any significant multiplayer this time around and was only playing the last few days to work on the "campaign" races. There will probably be an incomplete edition again too so I'm just not going to worry about it too much.
At least you can still live through your drivatar that always seems to be in my way.

That had to be the best deal of all time, so many new games for so cheap. Target was even paying me sometimes to take their games.
not really. any long time CAG can attest to free AAA holiday games at TRU. every year around october, TRU has a B2G1. If you return the 2 games that was charged full price, you keep the free game literally for free. People were hitting up like 2/3 TRU a day buying and returning, and keeping the free games. that was probably the best deal here i've seen other than the walmart glitch of the century.

So the reasons I'm banned. Okay so during the flipapalooza 2 months ago where we were buying stuff at Gamestop and trading it back the same day, I went hard. Like multiple $800 trades hard. I used separate PUR cards when buying and when trading in to try to keep the heat off of myself but it looks like it didn't matter. I never went over the 4 limit on this main account (I don't think I went past 3) so some threshold must have been hit since I know I went past $2500 easily within a 2 day period.

I never was banned in store mind you as far as I know. Never used my license for any of the tradeins. The only reason I realized I was banned was because I couldn't log in to my PUR account online so I contacted the help line and they said my PUR account had been closed by "upper corporate." They told me I could still use my card in store for a discount. Up until the other day this was true, but now they can't even pull me up in the system so I've resorted to another PUR account.

I have multiple accounts mind you, I just preferred that one since it was my main. I was planning on using another as my main soon since I obviously couldn't get points from my purchases on that one but I never can remember the phone number I put it under and add the fact that I've spent

So the reasons I'm banned. Okay so during the flipapalooza 2 months ago where we were buying stuff at Gamestop and trading it back the same day, I went hard. Like multiple $800 trades hard. I used separate PUR cards when buying and when trading in to try to keep the heat off of myself but it looks like it didn't matter. I never went over the 4 limit on this main account (I don't think I went past 3) so some threshold must have been hit since I know I went past $2500 easily within a 2 day period.

I never was banned in store mind you as far as I know. Never used my license for any of the tradeins. The only reason I realized I was banned was because I couldn't log in to my PUR account online so I contacted the help line and they said my PUR account had been closed by "upper corporate." They told me I could still use my card in store for a discount. Up until the other day this was true, but now they can't even pull me up in the system so I've resorted to another PUR account.

I have multiple accounts mind you, I just preferred that one since it was my main. I was planning on using another as my main soon since I obviously couldn't get points from my purchases on that one but I never can remember the phone number I put it under and add the fact that I've spent <$100 at Gamestop in the past 60 days means I've barely used it.

TL;DR I guess I traded to much and set off flags 2 months ago but I never broke any item limits but I probably annihilated some credit limit with my $2500+ over 2 days.
Don't worry. I did the same. I flipped some iPads back in 2013? When we had those crazy flips. I traded my parent's iPads to get them upgrades and I guess even $1500 in iPad trades was too much in a weeks time.

not really. any long time CAG can attest to free AAA holiday games at TRU. every year around october, TRU has a B2G1. If you return the 2 games that was charged full price, you keep the free game literally for free. People were hitting up like 2/3 TRU a day buying and returning, and keeping the free games. that was probably the best deal here i've seen other than the walmart glitch of the century.
I was getting PAID to buy games from target. Target would give me money each time I made a return!!!!

Are there gamestop number that i can contact to them, apparently it takes gamestop two weeks to response one fucking request form. now i have to wait another two week for another response.

Are there gamestop number that i can contact to them, apparently it takes gamestop two weeks to response one fucking request form. now i have to wait another two week for another response.
It takes them 2 weeks to respond to an email. Call them here, 1 800-883-8895

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back