GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Took it back and got a new one today. Manager was a dick about it, grilling me as to why I returned the lunar and I was the only person at his store to return one for any reason. He opened the box for the MC and we verified the code voucher was in there, and he wrote on the receipt that the box was opened in store and that I have a code.

I'm a regular at that store, and he was acting towards me like I was a fuck ing thief. Maybe he should look into who in his store is opening these controllers, snatching the codes and resealing them...?
Burn his ass with the survey until he's turning tricks on the corner to make some money to make up for his lost income.

[quote name="Deader2818" post="12965520" timestamp="1444690504"]Its $10 with a coupon you get from being PUR Pro.[/quote]

Ah, I guess I won't be grabbing it then as my Pro expired. Planned on using some coupons I had to make it even cheaper.

Has anyone mentioned this?  Haven't been paying a ton of attention to this thread.

718x305_halo5trade.jpg

A little off topic but Gamestop will not be open on Thanksgiving this year! Hope more stores follow suit.

http://fortune.com/2015/10/12/gamestop-thanksgiving/
They always have waited until midnight on Friday to open. That's not surprising.

I might be in the minority here, but I like when stores open at 6 PM on Thanksgiving, don't have to go out so late. Plus in WI it isn't as cold at 6 compared to midnight.

They always have waited until midnight on Friday to open. That's not surprising.

I might be in the minority here, but I like when stores open at 6 PM on Thanksgiving, don't have to go out so late. Plus in WI it isn't as cold at 6 compared to midnight.
Yea I'd rather just go on Thursday too. Luckily last year I didn't have to leave the house because BB early access and Amazon price matching everything I wanted from other stores. It twas a good year

I understand what you're saying but if the time keeps slipping lower and lower in the day it is going to rob even more people of family time (employees) and sadly change Thanksgiving plans for a lot of other people (a choice, I know).

You obviously aren't in the minority considering how many people go to the early sales but it's all garbage. The demand curve doesn't change, you just pull sales forward instead of satisfying a different need.

[quote name="Ferrari Racer" post="12965611" timestamp="1444693238"]A little off topic but Gamestop will not be open on Thanksgiving this year! Hope more stores follow suit.

http://fortune.com/2015/10/12/gamestop-thanksgiving/[/quote]

Companies who make people work on days you should be spending with your family are the worse.

Good on them.
I'm sure this will be the only positive thing I'll ever say about GameStop.

Companies who make people work on days you should be spending with your family are the worse. Good on them. I'm sure this will be the only positive thing I'll ever say about GameStop.
Long as they pay time and a half I would rather work. It's the holidays they don't pay time and a half on that suck.

I didn't realize gamestop being closed on thanksgiving was big news. Guess I should have same something when I found out a month ago lol.
If you're going to share corporate info with us then you should at least make it something more interesting. I miss the news of conversions.

If you're going to share corporate info with us then you should at least make it something more interesting. I miss the news of conversions.
There really hasnt been much lately. Seems like ever since they started to display CE statues in their statue case CE's dont get converted anymore.

I think employees and everyone deserve to be home on Thanksgiving but there's a selfish me that wants them to open earlier so I can get my stuff earlier.

any good recommendations for games to use the holiday return policy on? local store is still out of transformers so probably gonna grab something else

They also have this , 25,000 for pre ordering and picking up 4 out of 5 games .
Ass Creed
Halo
Black ops 3
Battlefront
Fallout 4
Still doesn't compete with gcu and 10$ pre order bonus but at least they're making an effort .
[attachment=17710:hdr_25k2.jpg]

I think employees and everyone deserve to be home on Thanksgiving but there's a selfish me that wants them to open earlier so I can get my stuff earlier.
Meh, 5AM on Friday is fine.

Remember that Walmart's prices are usually active earlier in the day on Thursday so you can pick anything you want up there before they officially start the sales.

Just traded in one of my tablets and the 20% bonus was automatically applied on top of base value on the site.

Also noticed GS sells eBay gift cards now (at least at my store) which brings up more conversion options other than Amazon Kindle

Just traded in one of my tablets and the 20% bonus was automatically applied on top of base value on the site.

Also noticed GS sells eBay gift cards now (at least at my store) which brings up more conversion options other than Amazon Kindle
Thanks for the confirmation. I wasn't seeing it on the site. Guess I'm going later to do my trades in case values tank. Noticed the item I was planning to trade in got a $30 bump since I checked Saturday.

Hello CAGers,

I have a $25 pre-owned reward certificate, which I realized is about to expire on the 15th (tomorrow). I do not wish to buy any games right now, have a back log. Are there any games that can flipped back to gs or bb, even if i  lose little?

Thanks.

They also have this , 25,000 for pre ordering and picking up 4 out of 5 games .
Ass Creed
Halo
Black ops 3
Battlefront
Fallout 4
Still doesn't compete with gcu and 10$ pre order bonus but at least they're making an effort .
attachicon.gif
hdr_25k2.jpg
Yeah, might be useful for someone that doesn't have BB credit. Unfortunately only 3 games on there I'm interested in and GCU wins for me. Thanks for sharing though!

Hello CAGers,

I have a $25 pre-owned reward certificate, which I realized is about to expire on the 15th (tomorrow). I do not wish to buy any games right now, have a back log. Are there any games that can flipped back to gs or bb, even if i lose little?

Thanks.
If you're PUR, you can buy Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. It's $37.99, but with PUR it is $34.19. Trades in for $30, and with PUR $32 (Base is $20, but promo value of $30).

He must be referring to the guaranteed TiV window?

OT I know but: How's Dragon Quest Heroes? I was like fuck my credit last night at GS and picked up a copy.
I didn't think GS was doing guaranteed-TIV promos anymore?

As for DQH, I've only played a handful of missions/battles, but I love it so far. If you played any Dragon Quest/Warrior games in the past, there's a bunch of nostalgia to be found in the music and sound effects, and the Dynasty Warriors-styled gameplay is really fun, though it would have been nice if there was a targeting system (unless I haven't found it yet). The English dub is also pretty great, especially Healix with his (nearly endless) slime puns. My one main complaint is that all of the non-cutscene dialogue is broadcast through the DualShock 4, not the TV, and I can't change it.

Promo value? Huh?
He must be referring to the guaranteed TiV window?

OT I know but: How's Dragon Quest Heroes? I was like fuck my credit last night at GS and picked up a copy.
Yes. Sorry. It's $30 Guaranteed until 10/25. Usually PUR is based off base, so I figured its $32.

450x330_trade_achhd.jpg

EDIT:

Actually Vigilante, they're doing 3 games right now. NBA and FIFA as well.

If you're PUR, you can buy Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. It's $37.99, but with PUR it is $34.19. Trades in for $30, and with PUR $32 (Base is $20, but promo value of $30).
Thank you so much. Off to GS, and yes I have a PUR.

As for DQH, I've only played a handful of missions/battles, but I love it so far. If you played any Dragon Quest/Warrior games in the past, there's a bunch of nostalgia to be found in the music and sound effects, and the Dynasty Warriors-styled gameplay is really fun, though it would have been nice if there was a targeting system (unless I haven't found it yet). The English dub is also pretty great, especially Healix with his (nearly endless) slime puns. My one main complaint is that all of the non-cutscene dialogue is broadcast through the DualShock 4, not the TV, and I can't change it.
Looks like they're still pulling that but only for certain games - less than I remember from last year.

Seems that the DW devs got Dragon Quest action right. Thanks...Now I just need to decide if that CE is worth the extra $40.

Looks like they're still pulling that but only for certain games - less than I remember from last year.

Seems that the DW devs got Dragon Quest action right. Thanks...Now I just need to decide if that CE is worth the extra $40.
It's not. End of story.

And you did not create a separate thread because...?
He's a fine, upstanding CAG who remembered that this is the Gamestop Trade Promos thread?

On that note, hopefully this isn't considered off-topic.

I've got, according to the GS app, roughly $300 in items I'd be willing to trade in. I'm aiming for a PS4 or Xbox One. Leaning toward the PS4. Not sure which to go for, but that's not the question.

I've been out of the console arena for a couple years, so I don't know how often GS has big trade promos or bumped up values like a couple of weekends ago. I have a few titles that were on the last list, and the items I have include a couple of old consoles and handhelds, but the bulk of it is DS games.

So, the long winded question is should I go ahead and trade this stuff in while I know it's worth something, or should I be patient and wait for some kind of promo or bonus?

On that note, hopefully this isn't considered off-topic. I've got, according to GS app, I've got roughly $300 in items I'd be willing to trade in. I'm aiming for a PS4 or Xbox One. Leaning toward the PS4. Not sure which to go for, but that's not the question. I've been out of the console arena for a couple years, so I don't know how often GS has big trade promos or bumped up values like a couple of weekends ago. I have a few titles that were on the last list, and the items I have include a couple of old consoles and handhelds, but the bulk of it is DS games. So, the long winded question is should I go ahead and trade this stuff in while I know it's worth something, or should I be patient and wait for some kind of promo or bonus?
Tough question. It's really difficult to tell whether there will be a trade bonus coming. I haven't often seen big bumps on old DS games, maybe some 3DS ones--but mostly they focus on the home systems.

[quote name="acthechamp" post="12968658" timestamp="1444845848"]Tough question. It's really difficult to tell whether there will be a trade bonus coming. I haven't often seen big bumps on old DS games, maybe some 3DS ones--but mostly they focus on the home systems.[/quote]
Right, and I'm not expecting higher values for the specific titles I have. I thought I saw there was a 50% (or something similar) bonus at some point this year. For example, the 20% on smartphone thing that's going on right now. That's really what I'd be waiting for, and I was curious how often those types of promotions happen. I've been inactive on this forum and most gaming for maybe two years or so.

Looks like the eBay gift card I bought with trade credit works on the Best Buy gift cards sold by PayPal Digital Gifts

Easy to way to convert GS money to BB

Looks like the eBay gift card I bought with trade credit works on the Best Buy gift cards sold by PayPal Digital Gifts

Easy to way to convert GS money to BB
Wait so your telling me we don't have to drive around all the gamestops picking up shitty games to trade into best buy to convert credit anymore. Hallelujah. Mind blown.

Wait so your telling me we don't have to drive around all the gamestops picking up shitty games to trade into best buy to convert credit anymore. Hallelujah. Mind blown.
For now yes. I think there was a discussion or rumor going around here about GameStop not letting you use trade credit on POSA cards starting in December.

that would make no sense because they basically carry gas and food gift cards to entice people down on their luck to trade in games to get some gas for their car.

I do expect them to someday take 10% off for those POSA cards because they make almost no profit off them.

On that note, hopefully this isn't considered off-topic. I've got, according to the GS app, roughly $300 in items I'd be willing to trade in. I'm aiming for a PS4 or Xbox One. Leaning toward the PS4. Not sure which to go for, but that's not the question. I've been out of the console arena for a couple years, so I don't know how often GS has big trade promos or bumped up values like a couple of weekends ago. I have a few titles that were on the last list, and the items I have include a couple of old consoles and handhelds, but the bulk of it is DS games. So, the long winded question is should I go ahead and trade this stuff in while I know it's worth something, or should I be patient and wait for some kind of promo or bonus?
I've heard there may be a trade promo tied to the release of Halo 5 but don't take that as a definite.

For now yes. I think there was a discussion or rumor going around here about GameStop not letting you use trade credit on POSA cards starting in December.
For what it's worth, the guy at GS told me something similar today when I used a GS gift card to buy an Amazon one. He said that "soon" they wouldn't take gift cards to pay for other POSA cards. Sucks if it they won't work on stuff like Xbox/PS credit and gold/+.

Went by another GS and got a used DQ Heroes... yay for the holiday return policy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back