Nintendo's Players Choice list

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='untoldsorrow'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']You can add Super Monkey Ball 2 to that list as well.[/quote]

Can anyone confirm this? I really want to pick this up duriing the EB BF sale tomorrow.[/quote]

Well, while BF ended a while ago, yes, yes it is a PC title. Sorry to be about a month late with the reply. This surely won't help you now.

i wasn't really sure where to put this, and it certainly didn't deserve its own topic...

but at target this past weekend, i noticed something odd. smash bros has been re-released yet again, this time WITHOUT the yellow players choice bar across the top, but WITH the best seller emblem on the bottom.

i can't understand why they would do this, especially since the players choice wind waker has both already... but, anyone looking for a copy of smash bros without the yellow bar (or yellow spine) should be able to find one easily now.

[quote name='DocRamon']i wasn't really sure where to put this, and it certainly didn't deserve its own topic...

but at target this past weekend, i noticed something odd. smash bros has been re-released yet again, this time WITHOUT the yellow players choice bar across the top, but WITH the best seller emblem on the bottom.

i can't understand why they would do this, especially since the players choice wind waker has both already... but, anyone looking for a copy of smash bros without the yellow bar (or yellow spine) should be able to find one easily now.[/quote]

Is it a sticker or is it actually printed on the cover?

[quote name='DocRamon']i wasn't really sure where to put this, and it certainly didn't deserve its own topic...

i can't understand why they would do this, especially since the players choice wind waker has both already... but, anyone looking for a copy of smash bros without the yellow bar (or yellow spine) should be able to find one easily now.[/quote]

Was it still $30?

I have a feeling if they did this with Smash Bros., maybe they had a lot of complaints about the yellow Player's Choice, and this is how they plan on correcting it? Since they are putting with and without the label, maybe they plan to make that the new Player's Choice...

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='DocRamon']i wasn't really sure where to put this, and it certainly didn't deserve its own topic...

I have a feeling if they did this with Smash Bros., maybe they had a lot of complaints about the yellow Player's Choice, and this is how they plan on correcting it? Since they are putting with and without the label, maybe they plan to make that the new Player's Choice...[/quote]

I doubt it, but we can hope. [-o

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='DocRamon']i wasn't really sure where to put this, and it certainly didn't deserve its own topic...

I have a feeling if they did this with Smash Bros., maybe they had a lot of complaints about the yellow Player's Choice, and this is how they plan on correcting it? Since they are putting with and without the label, maybe they plan to make that the new Player's Choice...[/quote]

I doubt it, but we can hope. [-o

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='DocRamon']i wasn't really sure where to put this, and it certainly didn't deserve its own topic...

Or maybe Nintendo is doing this to give them an excuse to keep the price at $30. It wouldn't make sense if all PC games were $20 except for this one. Speaking of which, does it bother anyone else that Mario Golf came out way later than Smash Bros. and yet MG is $20 and Smash is still $30?

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='DocRamon']i wasn't really sure where to put this, and it certainly didn't deserve its own topic...

Or maybe Nintendo is doing this to give them an excuse to keep the price at $30. It wouldn't make sense if all PC games were $20 except for this one. Speaking of which, does it bother anyone else that Mario Golf came out way later than Smash Bros. and yet MG is $20 and Smash is still $30?[/quote]

Smash Bros is still selling well at that price. Mario Golf probably wasn't selling as well anymore, so they dropped it to $20. It's all up to Nintendo when they do it. I wish Smash Bros would drop so I could finally rebuy it.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='Rig'][quote name='DocRamon']i wasn't really sure where to put this, and it certainly didn't deserve its own topic...

Or maybe Nintendo is doing this to give them an excuse to keep the price at $30. It wouldn't make sense if all PC games were $20 except for this one. Speaking of which, does it bother anyone else that Mario Golf came out way later than Smash Bros. and yet MG is $20 and Smash is still $30?[/quote]

Smash Bros is still selling well at that price. Mario Golf probably wasn't selling as well anymore, so they dropped it to $20. It's all up to Nintendo when they do it. I wish Smash Bros would drop so I could finally rebuy it.[/quote]

I wish Smash Bros. would drop so I could buy it for the first time.

I wish I had the regular black border on my copy. #-o It is the only Gamecube game I own with the damn Player's Choice cover!

And, I have Pac-Man World 2/ Pac-Man Vs. that always has it...

it was not a sticker, it was actually printed on the cover, like with all the other "best seller" emblems. and they didn't have a price with it, so i can only assume that it was still $30.

how long before we have a "Nintendo's Best Seller list" thread? This entire practice of marking games differently based on sales is starting to really be a pain in the ass.

[quote name='DocRamon']it was not a sticker, it was actually printed on the cover, like with all the other "best seller" emblems. and they didn't have a price with it, so i can only assume that it was still $30.

how long before we have a "Nintendo's Best Seller list" thread? This entire practice of marking games differently based on sales is starting to really be a pain in the ass.[/quote]

I finally saw it today. I like it way better than the PC stuff.

Excuse me if it's been mentioned elsewhere on the thread, but I was at TRU tonight and saw a Player's Choice Timesplitters 2 - that's the first time I've seen that one.

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Excuse me if it's been mentioned elsewhere on the thread, but I was at TRU tonight and saw a Player's Choice Timesplitters 2 - that's the first time I've seen that one.[/quote]

Really? Whats funny is it's been 20$ for a long time now - maybe they're just trying to milk some more $$ out of it. It's better on the PS2 anyway.

Since the OP of the first topic no longer updates his list, I'd like to present the new list... Let me know what's missing, I've heard of a couple of games that might be PC that aren't on this list but I couldn't verify. NFG, if you'd like to replace the old post with this one I promise to keep this updated the best I can.

Animal Crossing
Batman Vengeance
Burnout
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Crazy Taxi
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Disney/Pixar's Finding Nemo
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai
Enter the Matrix
F-Zero GX
Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup **in dispute**
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
James Bond 007: Agent under Fire
James Bond 007: NightFire
Kirby Air Ride
Legend of Zelda, The: The Wind Waker
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
Metroid Prime
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Namco Museum
NBA Street
NBA Street Vol. 2
Need for Speed Underground
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Pac-Man Fever
Pac-Man World 2
Pikmin
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Simpsons Hit & Run, The
Sims, The
Sims, The: Bustin' Out
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Sonic Mega Collection
Soul Calibur II
Spider-Man
SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
SSX Tricky
Star Fox Adventures
Star Wars: Bounty Hunter
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
TimeSplitters 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4
Tony Hawk's Underground
True Crime: Streets of L.A.
Viewtiful Joe
Wario World
WWE WrestleMania X8
WWE Wrestlemania XIX

ZForce915-

the ones i've personally seen that are missing from your list...

batman vengeance
harry potter: quidditch world cup
harvest moon
lotr: return of the king
nba street
rayman 3
ssx tricky

otherwise, the new list looks correct

[quote name='DocRamon']ZForce915-

batman vengeance
harry potter: quidditch world cup
harvest moon
nba street
rayman 3
ssx tricky

otherwise, the new list looks correct[/quote]

I've never seen some of those with Players Choice labels on them. Can anyone else verify?

Out of the list Doc Ramon posted, I've seen Harry Potter: Quidditch World Cup, and Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life in Player's Choice packaging.

[quote name='DocRamon']ZForce915-

batman vengeance - added-
harry potter: quidditch world cup -added-
harvest moon -added-
nba street
rayman 3
ssx tricky

I'm pretty sure I've seen the lotr game, but I'm going to try and confirm some of these later.

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='DocRamon']ZForce915-

harvest moon -added-
nba street
rayman 3
ssx tricky

I'm pretty sure I've seen the lotr game, but I'm going to try and confirm some of these later.[/quote]

I personally have seen SSX Tricky in players choice garb because I picked one up at last summer's Cc $5 sale and that is its packaging. I'm not too sure of Rayman 3 though but LOTR: Return of the King and NBA Street definitely are.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='DocRamon']ZForce915-

harvest moon -added-
nba street
rayman 3
ssx tricky

I'm pretty sure I've seen the lotr game, but I'm going to try and confirm some of these later.[/quote]

I personally have seen SSX Tricky in players choice garb because I picked one up at last summer's Cc $5 sale and that is its packaging. I'm not too sure of Rayman 3 though but LOTR: Return of the King and NBA Street definitely are.[/quote]

updated

NintendoFanGirl- if you're going by nintendo's site... don't.

they don't have a clue... that thing is rarely updated, usually only when first party titles go PC, and even then many third party titles aren't added.

with the exception of rayman 3, this list is accurate. and i must be the only person who has seen it players choice. they had a ton of them at my local target before the game was clearanced out.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup, according to Nintendo, is not a PC title.[/quote]

They don't get to updating that often. I've verified most of these myself (those not on the Nintendo website).

No, I didn't just go to Nintendo's website, I asked them. They said it isn't. If you can show me something that proves that it is, I will take that information to them so they can update it.

The Player's Choice copy of Quidditch I spotted was at a Best Buy, and it's the only copy I've seen to date in the Player's Choice packaging (in fact, it was the only copy I saw in the store when I was there).

I don't have a digital camera so I can't provide a pic, but it is out there. Just keep an eye out.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl']I kid you not, here is EA's response to my question "is Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup for GameCube a Player's Choice title?"

[/quote]
:rofl:

If they were actually helpful, they'd be fired.

saw another new one today...

James Bond: Everything or Nothing

it was at target, on the endcap with a bunch of other PC/PH/GH titles. if nobody can find a copy to verify, i'll try to go out and take a pic of it at some point.

A little off topic.. but damn I'm getting tired of not being able to find Super Monkey Ball 2 at a low price. Once a game hits greatest hits, I just refuse to pay 20 bucks for it. Call it CAG syndrome or something

[quote name='DocRamon']saw another new one today...

James Bond: Everything or Nothing

it was at target, on the endcap with a bunch of other PC/PH/GH titles. if nobody can find a copy to verify, i'll try to go out and take a pic of it at some point.[/quote]

I've seen it.

Also, if there are a bunch missing from the OP, someone make a list and post it here and I'll put it in the OP.

If only EA's games were as good as their email replies.

also, I saw a Quiddich at the toysaurus in PC packaging.

[quote name='StealthySeal']updated OP from official nintendo site

if that updates again i will edit as needed :)[/quote]

Success!

thanks.

[quote name='DenisDFat']If only EA's games were as good as their email replies.

also, I saw a Quiddich at the toysaurus in PC packaging.[/quote]

there about in line with their customer service

I can verify Rayman 3 and Quidditch Cup. Quidditch Cup I've seen at Player's Choice for awhile.

To be honest, I stopped coming into this thread because it hadn't been updated in a long time.

Rather than having to have a mod update it, can't we just unsticky this, lock/delete it, and have someone who will actually maintain it restart the thread?

[quote name='StealthySeal']updated OP from official nintendo site

if that updates again i will edit as needed :)[/quote]

Thanks Stealthy. Man that list was old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back