Nioh - 'Bloodshed’s End' DLC - September 26th

Glory gained from assisting in Twilight Missions is [customspoiler='pretty high.']
[/customspoiler]
When my friend and I were farming glory, it varied a lot despite similar runs. We were averaging 2.2K to 2.8K and I'm wondering if other factors are calculated despite what it shows there like damage taken, clear time, no shrines, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you doing Yokai Realm with a Companion or Random Encounters? I've been doing Random Encounters, but I just want to be sure. With Random Encounters only one person gets the glory, not both. That may have something to do with it.

Every time I'm about to continue the story, my friend keeps asking me to co-op with him. So I keep getting roped into co-op instead of finishing the main game. Despite that I'm STILL like 20 levels under-level from the mission I'm currently on. Only a couple more left, so hopefully I'll finish it tomorrow.

Though I did manage to get the titles "only kill the boss" and "light no towers" today. Attempted it on the twilight mission but it didn't give the titles, which was odd. A bug I imagine. Went back through on normal and got it pretty easily.

And yes, Sloth Talisman is pretty overpowered. As is an Extraction Talisman if paired with the correct Guardian. Plus you can add in a Carnage Talisman to increase your damage during it as well. There are other pretty overpowered things as well, but most of them are more specific to an enemy or type of enemy.

I'm doing an Onmyo swords battlemage build and loving it so far.   Just unlocked the Sloth talisman.  I prefer the lightning and water debuffs for the most part.   The one thing I'm struggling with though is getting Discord up and maintaining it.  It's a lot of work to get two debuffs up on a boss especially since basically nothing lets you cast multiple 2-3 second animation lockouts.  You die in the process.  When I do occasionally get Discord up I haven't been able to just stunlock a boss at zero Ki.  I'm having some trouble getting the kinks worked out.  

Just beat the water stage.   I died several times but it wasn't too bad.  The part I really disliked was the sub mission for the water stage.  It forces you to battle several giant Yokai in very small spaces with holes everywhere.  It was the first stage I felt was really cheap and had a very poor design.  

considering you can have an unlimited guardian spirit with the right build, the guardian spirit can be OP paired with onmyo magic. just the sloth talisman doesnt break ng+

And yes, Sloth Talisman is pretty overpowered. As is an Extraction Talisman if paired with the correct Guardian. Plus you can add in a Carnage Talisman to increase your damage during it as well. There are other pretty overpowered things as well, but most of them are more specific to an enemy or type of enemy.
Power pills and Sloth are what I use mainly to supplement Discord. I'm surprised Sloth Talisman was buffed after the Betas since it was balanced by the short duration. Anyway, it helped me to quickly beat the hardest duo bosses in the game at level 110 with just a Katana, one Sacred Brush use, and four Elixirs. I hope there is a twilight version of this fight. :)

I'm doing an Onmyo swords battlemage build and loving it so far. Just unlocked the Sloth talisman. I prefer the lightning and water debuffs for the most part. The one thing I'm struggling with though is getting Discord up and maintaining it. It's a lot of work to get two debuffs up on a boss especially since basically nothing lets you cast multiple 2-3 second animation lockouts. You die in the process. When I do occasionally get Discord up I haven't been able to just stunlock a boss at zero Ki. I'm having some trouble getting the kinks worked out.
It's a lot of practice to maintain it, but there are a couple of ways of helping out. The first and hardest is always dodge ki-pulsing to maintain stamina. Also, some weapon types are better suited for it such as the Katana (Low/Medium Stance), Dual Katana (Low/Medium Stance), Spear (Low Stance), and Kusarigama (Low Stance). Lastly, there are armor or weapon characteristics that have "increased element duration" which would help with that.

It's worth it though once mastered since nothing compares to it without a lot of stat investment or add-ons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY3wAHlGau0

Finally beat the game today and hit NG+. The last few bosses were interesting. I'll hold off on NG+ missions until my friend makes it that far. With how much he's had me co-op him through the levels, it's probably not long until he catches up though.

Decided to help some random people through the second Twilight mission and it made for some interesting experiences. First one the guy skipped a bunch of stuff as I was summoned mid-way and I was greeted by like 6 guys, one of which was a revenant as well as a Tengu. Nearly died on that one and I turned the corner and ran into it thinking it had been cleared. Next guy I ended up playing with was super laggy. Enemies would teleport around and I'd have no idea if I'm doing damage to them or if I'm somehow dying. All the others were smooth, but those two... my god.

Here's some other tips that Supplice hasn't covered yet:

• Blacksmith Patronage Points seem to be best used in Soul Forge cost reduction. It is something you obtain later in the story. The +/- levels of forging seems useless once you hit NG+ as everything crafted is level 150. Hopefully it will eventually give you 150+1 and so on, but I haven't seen any indication of it. After that Reforging Costs is probably best as you'll be doing a ton of that as well if you plan to min/max. Maybe even Sell Price Markup as selling items is the best way to make money if you don't need to disassemble for the most part. Though ultimately it's up to you as you can get an infinite amount of points given enough time and money spent.

• Soul Forging is cheaper when the weapon you're putting into it has max familiarity. Which also doubles as the requirement to pass on skills through inheritance.

• Blacksmith Patronage Points are gained by spending money at the Blacksmith.

• To unlock Mystic Arts for Ninjitsu and Onmyo Magic, you'll need 20 points into Dexterity and Magic respectively for their quests. You can always respec after unlocking them.

• Enemy Sense shows two types, a small dot and large dot. The large dots are enemies that will not respawn if you visit a shrine or die after killing them. Likewise treasure sense is the same way with small/large chests, but Mimics/Mujinas do not show up with Treasure Sense.

• Change to Attack/Defense (Attribute) will not change your type to that particular attribute. It only adds on an additional bonus based on your allocated points into that attribute.

• Elemental weapons can still be used against enemies with that particular resistance. All it does is cause the elemental damage to become 0, but you're still doing physical damage. Though physical damage on those weapons are usually slightly lower to compensate for the added elemental damage.

• If something says (Critical) on it, it only activates when you have 30% or less health if I remember correctly. Fighting in that state in Nioh is pretty crazy though. When the effect applies, you'll hear a sound and see a slight effect on your character.

• Causing two types of elemental debuffs on an enemy will cause that enemy to go into a "Discord" state that essentially slows them like a Sloth Talisman as well as keep their Stamina/Ki gauge drained for the duration of the debuff.

• You cannot have two elements active on your weapon at the same time. If you're using a Lightning weapon and apply a Water Talisman, it will only do Water damage until the talisman wears off. At which point you'll do lightning damage again. Alternatively you can swap weapons out (R1+Right/Left) to remove the elemental buff on a weapon and switch right back, such as those gained from Oni-bi.

• Chests that have one-time drops will remain in the chest through all your sessions until you loot that particular item. Then once it's not longer there, you'll get random loot drops from chests as normal afterwords.

• 25 Spirit is the max required to unlock passives from all of the Guardians.

• If you're unsure what a skill/ability/effect does you can find out by hitting the Options button on the controller and scrolling over it. Most will be helpful, but a few aren't particularly descriptive.

• Mimics/Mujinas can be communicated with by performing the same gesture that they're doing. You'll still get loot, but won't have to fight them. This goes towards the trophy, but not towards any title or lore. Living Walls/Nurikabes are similar to that as well. They want you to perform a specific colored gesture. Sometimes it will be red, other times it will be yellow or blue. The gesture itself doesn't matter, just the color. You have two attempts before it attacks, but like the Mimics/Mujinas, it counts towards the communication trophy but not the title/lore for kills.

• Kappas like to kanchō. Don't let this happen to you or you'll dishonor your family.

• Glory is gained by playing co-op via Yokai Realm or Random Encounters at the Torii Gate. You spend glory at the Teahouse on things like usable items, transformation skins, emotes and equipment gambling. The Teahouse itself will unlock at some point during the story. Make sure to join a clan once you've unlocked it as well to gain its passives. No, it's not permanent either, you can change clans at any time.

• You can use items that give Amrita to charge your Amrita gauge for your Guardian.

All I have left for the platinum is the last twilight mission which I hope will show up tomorrow since it's just rotating. For NG+ I still need to complete three missions, but I stopped for now. I have been distracted with farming divine weapons to dismantle for divine fragments (reforging material).

Here is the link to the Elements stuff I wrote during the open beta that has the effects of each one that I personally used. There is also the fextra wiki I linked there which finally updated their element page about 'Discord."

Decided to help some random people through the second Twilight mission and it made for some interesting experiences. First one the guy skipped a bunch of stuff as I was summoned mid-way and I was greeted by like 6 guys, one of which was a revenant as well as a Tengu. Nearly died on that one and I turned the corner and ran into it thinking it had been cleared. Next guy I ended up playing with was super laggy. Enemies would teleport around and I'd have no idea if I'm doing damage to them or if I'm somehow dying. All the others were smooth, but those two... my god.
I tried helping some people yesterday and it just reminded me of Souls Co-Op. The host either dies within the first minute, is afk, or expects you to solo the entire stage for them by never attacking. :shame:

I finished the last twilight mission I needed as soon as it came up and ran through the level in a minute. :whee: Anyway, I cropped out the image due to spoilers and this boss is end-game territory. Nioh is really something else with the combat being so satisfying. I loved my "Discord" build through all of it since the Alpha. Lastly, it was odd seeing most of the characters looking "normal" since I'm a fan of the 'Samurai Warriors' series.  :whistle2:o

x5niqb.jpg

I finished the last twilight mission I needed as soon as it came up and ran through the level in a minute. :whee: Anyway, I cropped out the image due to spoilers and this boss is end-game territory. Nioh is really something else with the combat being so satisfying. I loved my "Discord" build through all of it since the Alpha. Lastly, it was odd seeing most of the characters looking "normal" since I'm a fan of the 'Samurai Warriors' series. :whistle2:o
Dang! Congrats! You always Platinum these games so fast!! I am still making my way through my first runthrough!

Not a spoiler for you guys who are all leaps and bounds ahead of me but when
"Pirate Cat" as my friend and I call him jumped up and sacrificed himself AND THEN YOU HAD TO FIGHT HIM. Oh man. That hit me on an emotional level, which is something the Souls games almost never do (except for the time in Dark Souls when you have to fight the SunBro after he has turned... : ((()

But yeah I have no clue how far I am in regards to the complete game but the missions I am on are all around high 60s early 70s. I have been trying to hit with Discord too as that just wrecks everything, I have my fire Dual Katanas and my water Kusarigami.

One minor complaint is the Refashioning system. I don't like that I have to have the item in my inventory/storehouse. It should just be once you obtain an item, that visual is unlocked to apply to a piece whenever. Basically just like how Diablo handles the Transmogrification.

Since you guys all have beaten the game or at least plowed through most what basic enemy (without being spoilery if there are later ones I don't know) is the one that has given you most grief? So not a boss/sub-boss/unique enemy. I at first thought it would be the Raven for me but whenever I have fought one I have been fine. Going strictly by things I have died from it would be the dang Onyudo. Somehow I have a terrible time gauging when he will do his freaking repeated open palm forward bash thing and it caught me multiple times. I think I have died maybe 2 or 3 times from one of those jerks. The most annoying is the Wheelmonks though. Just like the Cartwheel Skeletons... so annoying haha

Dang! Congrats! You always Platinum these games so fast!! I am still making my way through my first runthrough!

Since you guys all have beaten the game or at least plowed through most what basic enemy (without being spoilery if there are later ones I don't know) is the one that has given you most grief? So not a boss/sub-boss/unique enemy. I at first thought it would be the Raven for me but whenever I have fought one I have been fine
Thank you! :D

As for enemies, it would have to be the Raven Tengu. When it's by itself, I'm fine with it. However, the game places the Raven Tengu a lot with other enemies which makes it a huge nuisance since it loves to spam the wind projectile from a distance. The game also loves to have you fight the Raven Tengu near cliffs as well. Mostly, the double or triple-team placement got annoying. :wall:

I agree, Tengu are the most annoying enemy.

Boss I had the most trouble with though? Technically the I had the most trouble with the boss from The Ocean Roars Again. I was completely off my game and everything I did on him was dumb. I was even doing stupid things leading up to the boss door like running off the side of the map. I didn't really have too much trouble with bosses. If I died more than once, I usually took a second look to see how I could do things differently.

I agree, Tengu are the most annoying enemy.

Boss I had the most trouble with though? Technically the I had the most trouble with the boss from The Ocean Roars Again. I was completely off my game and everything I did on him was dumb. I was even doing stupid things leading up to the boss door like running off the side of the map. I didn't really have too much trouble with bosses. If I died more than once, I usually took a second look to see how I could do things differently.
that stage was my most hated boss battle. not because of the actual boss battle (although fuck his insta kill attacks) its because you can either fall off the edge and die in the water while attacking him or fall into the wall team ninja randomly placed in the platform while dodging his attacks.

just beat the game last night so im starting up NG+ today. love this game.

Don't forget to [customspoiler='check the Clan Results']
Nioh5.png
[/customspoiler] if you joined a clan prior to Tuesday. I checked mine today and found that I was rewarded 17k Glory as well as a 6% discount on purchasing things from the teashop.

Nioh Update 1.03 is Live; Increases Rewards for Random Encounters, Fixes Sub-Mission Issues, and More

Balance Changes
  • Increased rewards for the random encounter
  • Added forging item for trade at hidden tea house
  • Adjusted Amrita regeneration from extraction talisman while using living weapon
  • Adjusted paralysis effect of medusa power
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented completing the following sub-missions: The Magatama of Fire, A Fiercer Fla
  • Fixed a bug which caused emotion tutorial window to remain throughout the Daizaifu main mission
  • Fixed a bug that prevented unlocking the title “Saika Magoichi crusher”

Once I got the Sloth Talisman, I haven't found any of the bosses to be very difficult.  The one boss that would have been really difficult though would have been the Yuki-onna, the snow lady.  

I'm still in the middle of the fourth region and playing the game at a medium pace. 

Increased reward on Random Encounters, yeah. I gained 3.2k Glory from helping someone out in Random Encounters this morning on the first level for the hell of it. It was nearly a full clear from beginning to end. One shrine used.

Oh and I attempted a second and literally joined in during the boss. Only gained around 1.3k then.

Yokai Realm. I'll do test runs sometime soon to narrow it down.
A complete no damage run does give a bonus. I still have to test 'no shrine,' 'all shrine,' and 'speed' runs.

I have a few transformation skins left to unlock and then I can not bother with glory or clan wars. I do enjoy the passive increases with Furuta. Still, I'm amazed at all the sheep that switched to Totoyomi and the people that fell for Shimazu's lie about "30% Ki Regen." :lol:

Koei Tecmo: Nioh's opened a brand new audience for us

“We are very happy with the global success of Nioh,” Koinuma told MCV. “This game has been long in development and has been created with all the creative force of our company behind it. The positive reviews and strong performance has truly been a wonderful validation of our efforts so far, as has the overwhelming reception from the players themselves.

“At Koei Tecmo we have always taken pride in the historical elements and Japanese character of our IP line up, something that has been evident in previous releases like Ninja Gaiden, Nobunaga’s Ambition, and our Warriors franchise. With Nioh, we have worked tirelessly to bring the essence and the spirit of that trademark direction into a new and challenging action RPG. 

“With the invaluable help of Sony Interactive Entertainment, we released two early demos, Alpha and Beta, and we were able to give players all over the world a teaser of what we were planning for them while simultaneously being open to their feedback. 

“As a result we believe we were able to adapt to their expectations and reach out to a brand new audience that hadn’t played our games in the past. In that, Nioh has taught us a lot of valuable lessons and has definitely helped open up an entirely new audience for us.

“Nioh’s success, as well as the recent western success of titles like Attack on Titan: Wings of Freedom and Dead or Alive, is proof that if we follow the right approach and listen to the needs of the players they will embrace our titles and help our company grow further.”

got the plat last night. absolutely loved the game but a few grips i have are:

- how they changed co-op from the demo to the final release. absolutely killed the plan of me co-oping this simultaneously with my buddy. wrong move.

- not every main mission has a twilight version. in the beta and demo, every main stage had a twilight version, so i went in assuming every main stage had a twlight mission equivalent. bummed that isnt the case.

Haven't had much time to play and I'm finally down with the controller.  On Umi-Bozu..... fuck that monster.  Guess I need to arm myself with different weapons other than my Raikiri.  Only died once but was not prepped properly for that.

Great Centipede was the easiest thus far.

Haven't had much time to play and I'm finally down with the controller. On Umi-Bozu..... fuck that monster. Guess I need to arm myself with different weapons other than my Raikiri. Only died once but was not prepped properly for that.

Great Centipede was the easiest thus far.
I used my Raikiri that fight. You can just hotkey some of the fire amulets to buff it with fire if you want. Plus if you light the fires, but don't use them to buff your weapon, they will kill any adds that come.

Nioh to add high-difficulty missions in late March, PvP in late April; first DLC details

• Late March – High-difficulty missions added. There are 10 types of missions, including missions with the feel of boss rushes.
  • Late April – PvP implemented.
The first downloadable content, “Dragon of Tohoku,” will launch in late April and add the following:

• New weapon types
  • New scenarios
  • New characters
  • New guardian spirits
  • New yokai
  • New stages
The second downloadable content will be called “Japan’s Best Warrior,” and the third, “Peaceful and Tranquil.”

New weapon types is surprising. Glad to see some of the other things though. Hopefully it will provide a challenge for those who are in NG+ or beaten the NG+ difficulty. I did manage to [customspoiler='snag the platinum']
Nioh6.png
[/customspoiler], which is something I don't purposely go for ever. Of course it takes a screenshot of that guy saying that. I think I only need like 5 or 6 more Transform skins, which is about 40k Glory and then I'll have everything (not counting smithing texts).

I did get an amusing bug with a friend the other day though where he got [customspoiler='stuck in one of the yokai realm'ish walls']
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB_oBdVWB-A[/customspoiler] they put up to keep you in a confined area. Accidentally died on that level by rolling into a hole on the bridge though.

And in case anybody still doesn't realize how broken discord is, here's a video of it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-3tova8PxQ

Didn't really need to sloth, but just did it because I could. It's easy enough to cause solo between an elemental weapon + guardian, but obviously much easier in co-op.

Hmmm... new weapon types seem kind of like a huge addition. Means we get a new skill tree and everything, I am curious what we may see then. It is plural so I am thinking maybe just one new primary weapon and then one projectile.

Speculation on the weapons?? Nunchaku, Kama, Kanabo, Sai? I am trying to just think of feudal era weapons in general and most would just feel like variants on what we already have with the spears or katana. Maybe just a Great Katana/ Odachi so it could be a a hybrid moveset somewhat between the Axe and Katana?

It will only be one new melee weapon type based on what they said during the stream. It was along the lines of "We have 5 weapon types and that is going to go up by one."

If I were to guess, I'd put my money on a fan weapon type (Gunsen/Tessen/Gunbai) because it's so different than what we currently have. I wouldn't guess nunchaku or kama because the kusarigama somewhat covers them and how they attack. Other guesses would be staves, maces or fist weapons. Maybe even tonfas with them being a much more defensive weapon type.

Speculation on the weapons?? Nunchaku, Kama, Kanabo, Sai? I am trying to just think of feudal era weapons in general and most would just feel like variants on what we already have with the spears or katana. Maybe just a Great Katana/ Odachi so it could be a a hybrid moveset somewhat between the Axe and Katana?
Judging from what Team Ninja has done in the past, since a lot of the move-sets from Nioh are sort of borrowed from the modern Ninja Gaiden series, I would say Talons, Nunchaku, or the Scythe.

i could see a claw type weapon for super fast and close attacks, although that is kinda what the dual swords are. i feel like these could have replaced the dual swords anyway since there is already the katana.

Tekko-kagi-Claws.jpg

I thought of a fan too but just couldn't see them putting it into this game for some reason. I agree that Kama and Nunchaku are pretty much covered by the Kusarigama too but I could still see them working. Agree with 8bit that I feel like the Dual Swords already feel like the Claw equivalent.

A Scythe does seem the most fitting then I think in terms of a varied moveset. Though the most I think about it I can see a Sai moveset standing out quite a bit as well from the others. Regardless, I am excited!! (I still haven't even beaten the game yet haha)

I love my Discord build, but I recently tried something new that breaks the game even further. How so? A build that can one-shot bosses on Way of the Strong (NG+). :whee: It involves more preparation than a Discord build, but I needed something to do until future games release (Horizon, Nier, etc etc.)  :)

Katana Traits:

• Katana +10 (Soul Match +1 weapons to it and get it to +10).
  • Familiarity Damage A+
  • Attack Heart A+.
  • Heart Skill to at least 70+
Katana Skills: Lai Quickdraw, Lai Quickdraw II, Lai Quickdraw III

Mystic Art: Sword of Execution (Increased Damage from Behind)

Guardian: Aya-Komori for Agility Damage Bonus A and Damage from Behind +15%

Armor Set: Full Kingo's Armor for Damage from Behind +20%

Onmyo: Weakness Talisman and Carnage Talisman. Sloth Talisman if you want an easier time until you get used to "x" boss movement.

Notice what is common? ;)  

Strategy: Debuff boss and buff yourself. Wait for an opening on "X" boss that has a recovery time then use perfect Ki-Pulse to get into Lai Stance immediately while behind the boss. Then just hold circle to gather power until you slash the boss in the back. Instant kill. :)

**This gives the general idea of it, but the person doesn't have the stats yet to pull off the one-shot version. Still, pretty impressive with two on NG+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBNdJ1nXUDQ

Ditto. Some of you guys are so hardcore with this game. I just equip whatever is strongest, level up whatever sounds good. Crazy how there can be so much more strategy to it. Maybe that's why i suck at this game...lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I would love to see a video of that in action!!
This gives the general idea of it, but the person doesn't have the stats yet to pull off the one-shot version. Still, pretty impressive with two on NG+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBNdJ1nXUDQ

Well I finally beat the game on Tuesday and am now working on Way of the Strong (NG+).  Finished the first region.  I am proud of fact that I just beat 'The Two Kings: Nioh' and 'A Meeting on the Other Shore' by myself. I'm lvl 126 and haven't done a single respec yet.  I know some people are way more advanced than this but at least I've soloed everything in the game up until this point. 

Currently wearing 7/8 Warrior of the West divine, the 7 set bonus seems good enough to outweigh the hits from behind.  Hitting hard as hell now with a +close combat dmg guardian spirit.  I crafted a full Tanuki set too.  But I'm pretty much out of materials now.   Just going to go through the missions again I guess and get some more new divine equipment. 

Game is still lots of fun so far on NG+.  But I can't see myself grinding to get equipment past +5 or +6 or whatever. 

I'm still 7 trophies away from platinum with four blanked out so that is disheartening.  Somehow I missed a hotspring somewhere too.

I'm still 7 trophies away from platinum with four blanked out so that is disheartening. Somehow I missed a hotspring somewhere too.
Congrats on beating the game! :D/ As for the trophies, do you mean hidden ones? If so, you can see what the requirements for the hidden ones are by clicking on them and pressing square. It will show up on the details.

-

Nioh Surpasses One Million Shipments: Free Golden Armor and Update 1.04 Announced
Players will be able to redeem the armor from the “boons” option of the game.
rwopzp.jpg

Here's the actual patch notes:

Source: http://fextralife.com/nioh-1-04-patch-notes/

Important Notices

• To celebrate worldwide sales surpassing 1,000,000 units, The Golden Nioh Armor will be available for free for all players. To obtain it, after downloading update 1.04, access the Boons menu from a Shrine.
  • An unexpected issue allowed players to obtain very high level equipment after a certain amount of forging, this will be fixed so after patch 1.04 the probability of obtaining very high level equipment is much lower than before, as was originally intended.
  • We are extremely sorry but players who have already seen equipment drops will see the drops reduced in level to adjust for the original intention.
Adjustments

• A new menu is aded to the Hidden Teahouse. It will allow players to readjust points
  • Items such as arrows and other consumables will now be sent directly to the storehouse if the player’s carry max is reached.
  • Added an “Other” menu to the “Play Record” window
  • The following has been altered in the Game Settings menu under System Menu:
    – Added a weapon type tab
    – Added an armor type tab
    – Added a small items tab
    – Autmatic projectile replenishment at mission start
    – Center the camera when guarding
  • Title screen will now show application version
  • Weapons and armors may now be sorted by category
  • The Itokuri Guardian Spirit will now give priority to weapon attributes regarding paralysis protection.
Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue where autosaves would accidentally overwrite other characters. (The autosave issue may appear, but the character override will no longer happen)
  • Fixed an issue that made some enemies continuously drop Amrita
  • Fixed missing assets in some stages
  • Fixed an issue that caused the application to crash when fighting certain bosses.
  • Fixed an issue where missions could not be completed if the objective enemy was defeated mid-air.
  • Fixed an issue where missions could not be completed if the objective enemy was defeated through a wall.
  • Fixed an issue where Saika Magoichi and Kelly may be on the ground while in online play.
  • Fixed an issue that was matching users again after successfully completing a mission.
  • Fixed an issue where correct gestures towards Mujina were not recognized while playing online.
  • Fixed an issue where, during online play, players would not be able to open their equipment and would be naked if they were transported while mid-bath in a Hot Spring.
  • Fixed an issue where Dual Katana’s Mid Stance strong attacks would not hit if the enemy is guarding.
  • Fixed an issue where it was impossible to proceed if the skill Leaf Glide was used against certain bosses.
  • Fixed an issue with Suzaku’s Living Weapon trigger.
  • Fixed an issue where the correct amount of enemies defeated would not display in the Play Record.
  • Fixed an incorrect description of gestures in the trading section of the Hidden Teahouse.
  • Other Bug Fixes.

So it looks like they are changing all 320 equipment to level 150 and then still allowing the crafting of 320 equipment with a much lower crafting chance? Also the infinite unattended amrita glitch will be fixed. Oh and we'll be able to use the teashop to respec something (maybe prestige?).

The nicest quality of life change is that consumables and ammo will go to the storehouse when your inventory is at max capacity for those items. That'll be nice.

not sure why they basically maxed most armor/weapons at 150 or like 150(+2). why not just keep it leveling. im 170 currently and id be nice to have a level 170 weapon.

fought a revenant today that was level 358. im gonna assume he exploited the infinite amirta glitch or else that dude has been playing non stop since release.

not sure why they basically maxed most armor/weapons at 150 or like 150(+2). why not just keep it leveling. im 170 currently and id be nice to have a level 170 weapon.

fought a revenant today that was level 358. im gonna assume he exploited the infinite amirta glitch or else that dude has been playing non stop since release.
You can soul forge two pieces of equipment together to increase it's +level. Two +1's make a +2 and so on, all the way up to +10. Soul forging cost is dependent on the level discrepancy between the two items soul forged together. When they're the same level, the cost is pretty negligible. Oh and higher +Equip drop at later levels. I think they limited it to try and raise the difficulty of Way of the Strong.

Also the infinite amrita glitch is slow compared to active farming. You're talking about anywhere from 100m amrita (in NG+) as slow as 10 hours but as quick as a few depending on how good you are at setting it up. Whereas active farming you can gain 100m in 5-10 minutes with the right build in NG+. I believe amrita required per level caps out at 10m on level 230.

There's already a level 750 (I think that's max?) with 99 in all stats. He did active farming in one of the later sub-missions where he'd get like 100m in 2 minutes.

I got a Yasakani Magatama tonight!  That's the accessory with the -1 item needed for set bonuses.  Hadn't played in a couple days.  I'm just finishing the 2nd region on NG+ and I started the Mines mission and used 5 cups for a bonus.  I think I found it on a corpse but not totally sure. 

What skill is it that you can learn where you dodge and recover ki? I'm pretty sure I read that tip from here but I can't seem to find who posted that comment. I finally got the chance to play it this weekend and the beginning felt so easy compare to the demo.

What skill is it that you can learn where you dodge and recover ki? I'm pretty sure I read that tip from here but I can't seem to find who posted that comment. I'm finally got the chance to play it this weekend and the beginning felt so easy compare to the demo.
Yeah that's the most important skill in the game! You want to get Living Water: Heaven, Living Water: Man, and Living Water: Earth. There is one for each stance low med high and the skill is found in each one of the weapon skill trees. You only have to buy each one once and then they work for all of your main weapons. Get these skills with your first Samurai skill points.

Make sure you also get Sneak Attack in the Ninjitsu tree near the bottom for out-of-combat backstabs.

What skill is it that you can learn where you dodge and recover ki? I'm pretty sure I read that tip from here but I can't seem to find who posted that comment. I'm finally got the chance to play it this weekend and the beginning felt so easy compare to the demo.
I believe the skills are called, "Living Water" and there is one for each stance. The description in the game is poorly translated, but it will say something along the lines of, "allows for Ki Pulse even while dodging."

So I am coming up on finally beating the game I believe. How are you guys handling multiple characters? Are you doing it like Dark Souls and just having multiple builds or is it something you just respec and always just use the one?

bread's done
Back