Nioh - 'Bloodshed’s End' DLC - September 26th

So I am coming up on finally beating the game I believe. How are you guys handling multiple characters? Are you doing it like Dark Souls and just having multiple builds or is it something you just respec and always just use the one?
I just respecced last night for the first time at level 142. I prefer a balanced build and had close to 20 points in everything. The only reason I respecced was to get my ninjitsu level back down to 5 and get a few more points back. I want my spirit at 25 to get all the spirit guardian passives. Also want my Body, Skill, and Strength at 17 so I can use all the armors. I think magic is your most important stat because of the utility of spell so 30points magic to start. I am a sword user so was going to dump all my extra points back into heart, but actually put most of them into strength instead. Pretty much every weapon scales somewhat with Strength and STR was giving 1 samurai point every level. Now I have most of the Spear, Axe, and Sword tree filled out. I think of myself as a magic + sword + polearm user but I have 17 Body, 40 Strength, 34 Heart, 30 Magic at the moment with future points going to Heart.

You really can't mess up your build, and you can change it at any time. So far nothing has required brute force DPS. It's a finesse game, not a dps race. So min./maxing is not important. It's good to be able to adapt to any situation. Getting a single stat up to 99 isn't really going to matter until you're level 200 anyways. Change to Attack (Heart) A+ is great or whatever, but you use different swords all the time that don't have the stat. STR scales all the weapons I use.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am coming up on finally beating the game I believe. How are you guys handling multiple characters? Are you doing it like Dark Souls and just having multiple builds or is it something you just respec and always just use the one?
I only have one so far since there was a glitch going around before (that has been patched recently) that randomly overwritten other character profiles.

Anyway, I would probably just respec if I wanted to try something else. I'm pretty happy with my Lai Quickstance/backstab build for now unless they decide to nerf it. :p

I will definitely try out the new stuff in the DLC though.

I didn't plan ahead and look at the trophy list originally : /

I skipped a few hotsprings because in my head I was like, I don't need to heal yet I will save it in case.... and now I realize I needed to rest in each one so I will have to go back and hunt for the random ones I didnt use. Womp.

I didn't plan ahead and look at the trophy list originally : /

I skipped a few hotsprings because in my head I was like, I don't need to heal yet I will save it in case.... and now I realize I needed to rest in each one so I will have to go back and hunt for the random ones I didnt use. Womp.
Hehe I ran into a similar issue. I was skipping the hotsprings if I still had a buffs ticking since it removed them. Took me forever to figure which two I missed to get the trophy lol.

I finally beat it tonight! Not those two side missions fighting two bosses each. Not in the mood for that haha but I did beat the actual last boss.

I assume most here have beaten it but still will spoiler the last couple level talk.

The "last" mission was great though, I LOVED it. The one at the castle, not Longon. It wasn't super challenging but I loved the locale and then just how the structure of the level was. Having your two allies with you felt bada$$ and you just wrecked everything. I kind of wish there were a twist on the replaying of the four main bosses. Also is it just me or is the Spider Lady arguably the easiest enemy in the game? I would rather fight her over the Dual-Sword Yoki even, such a pushover. The very last fight with the Serpent Yoki, I was really digging. Felt almost like a God of War boss battle and I am okay with that.

That mission ended with such a bang that when time came to fight the actual 'last' boss in London it felt like all of a sudden the game instead ended on a little whimper.

Arguably one of my favorite games, this was an absolute thrill. Already started with the Way of the Strong missions but will likely finally give Horizon a try now that I at least beat the core game of Nioh.

Now that I have all the Spirit Animals I thought I would want to mix it up. I still really like the bonuses my lil' butterflies give though. They are so not tough looking but whatever haha. I went full Dex and Skill so still rocking the Dual Katana and Kusari along with a poop ton of Ninjutsu so I thought the Crow would be fitting but still went back to my butterflies haha.

What is everyone using as their go to Spirit? Do you have any maxed out at 30?

What is everyone using as their go to Spirit? Do you have any maxed out at 30?
I have them all maxed out at 30, but I do have a few favorites. :) Honestly, I love how you can plan a build around each of them. They are all great in their own way. It just depends on what your playstyle is and what you are looking for.

• Daiba-Washi - I cleared the campaign with it. I liked it for the passives and quick living weapon gain without feeling OP.
  • Itokuri - Best farm guardian
  • Kato - Great combat passives
  • Aya-Komori - Agility Bonus A and Backstab damage.
  • Suzaku - Resurrection upon death when Living Weapon is full.
  • Genbu - Tank for days, the speed reduction can be off-set by reforging.
  • Tengen Kujaku - Best Element guardian, makes Discord even more devastating.

Suzaku is also great for Amrita farming as it has a +30% gain in Living Weapon. Not sure how low it is before you're able to level him up to 30 post-game.

Was watching another super OP build the other day too. It is fun and all but obviously makes the game boring as all heck. I don't even have some super insane build on mine currently. Just a high level with solid stats and good rolls on divine gear. I just can run through an entire Twilight Mission straight to the boss and kill it in a couple hits. Obviously I am choosing to run through stuff and wear the stuff I do but still, I hope they release some super insane difficulty or maybe a boss or area that drains your Spirit Gauge or something that forces you to play more defensively again.

are people messing with sets of armor or are just using whatever good stuff comes along? i was gonna do a fanatic/sanada build but then i realized that charm that is -1 to set requirements isnt cumulative.

are people messing with sets of armor or are just using whatever good stuff comes along? i was gonna do a fanatic/sanada build but then i realized that charm that is -1 to set requirements isnt cumulative.
I farmed for the Iga Ninja texts and crafted them all. And when you say it isn't cumulative, do you mean you can't stack to double the effects?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I farmed for the Iga Ninja texts and crafted them all. And when you say it isn't cumulative, do you mean you can't stack to double the effects?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
correct. if you wear two of the charms, you cant wear 4 pieces of gear to get the 6 piece bonus.

originally i was gonna do 4 pieces of sanada and 3 piece of fanatics to max out the bonuses.

Have only been able to play sporadically.  To get back in I offer myself up to help me and the sheer.....what's the word I am looking for....stupidity or is it insanity (?) of people amazes me.

Helping a person, which everyone should know implies you already beat the level, they run ahead and pull a couple Yoki or Amrita Fiend's (I cannot remember which) along with a few monsters with shotguns.  I have no time to help as I was clearing the area around when I realized what they had done.  Fine, that can happen to anyone ONCE.

Get paired back up with the same fool and low and behold, same exact area, same exact thing.  This time I sat and watch them do after I used my bow to pluck one of the monsters with a shotgun.  Honestly, I watched as the fool RAN by me, then across the room, to engage with the Amrita Fiend, which was in range to pull the others in.  A fool and his life shall soon be parted.

I know I'm not great nor any speed demon playing this but even in all of my stubbornness I try not to repeat the same mistakes....except for the additonal sword swing which will get me killed or drain my Ki.  :) 

NiOh Director Talks About the Possibility of a Sequel, Upcoming DLC, Transform Skins and More

[customspoiler='Interview']
First of all, Yasida-san is aware that female characters are very popular, but doesn’t yet know whether it’ll be possible to add transform skins for them. That said, he’d like to positively consider the option.

On the other hand, asked whether it’d be possible to add Honoka and Ayane from Dead or Alive, he laughed and said that it won’t happen.

We also hear about “The Dragon of Tohoku“ The story DLC coming in April will show William’s progress in the world after the ending of the game. In the Tokugawa domains in Tohoku region there is a disturbing atmosphere, so he’ll travel there to investigate. There he will meet the warriors of Tohoku such as Date Masamune, and the yokai from the tradition of the Tono area, the inland part of the Iwate Prefecture.

Asked about a sequel, Yasuda-san answered that NiOh was highly praised not just in Japan, but also overseas, so there are many voices demanding a sequel. Hisashi Koinuma, who is the game’s Producer and Koei Tecmo’s President, also heard about that. While the development of sequel has not been decided yet, Yasuda-san would like to consider it positively.
[/customspoiler]

NiOh’s First Story DLC Gets New Screenshots Showing Badass Date Masamune and More on Famitsu

We also get a look at two more characters, Date Shigezane, Masamune’s cousin, and retainer Katakura Shigenaga.

Two new guardian spirits for William are portrayed, Seiryu (Blue Dragon), which is the same that appears behind Date Masamune, probably indicating that he will pass it on to Willian somehow. The second is an old acquaintance, Nekomata.

Three new levels have also been revealed, Aobajou, Chusonji and Tohno, set in the northern area of Japan named Iwate Prefecture.

Of course, it wouldn’t be a NiOh expansion without new ugly monsters to kill, and we also get to see the Odachi, which is basically the greatsword version of a Katana.

On top of the DLC content, we also get four images from the free update that will be release on the same day. Two of them show online PvP, that will include both 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 modes.

The second pair of screenshots showcases a much requested feature, transform skins that will allow your character to take on the looks of the game’s female characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zxGc6OQ2XE

I can't wait to get back into this again.  :whee:

*Wow, I got deleveled from Level 750 to 328.  :shame:  :roll:

*Another note: It seems the 1.08 patch has another hidden fix which was to stop being able to earn glory through private  PvP matches set via secret word. I only know this since my friend and I were busy trading quick wins for 6K glory on 1.07 until we got everything.  :D/ We tested it again on 1.08 and no glory was gained. :lol:  

it takes forever to level up now. im using mizachi spirit for 20% extra amrita, saiosire as the second guardian for 10% and wear a kodama bowl that gives me 30% towards my kodama blessing (while using 25% extra amrita blessing) and itll still take me an entire main mission on way of the demon just to level up one time and im like 285

I haven't touched any of the Nioh DLC or even the Souls 3 DLC, I am saving it for when I move.

I however have been playing The Surge and holy effing poop I am digging it. It is not QUITE a Dark Souls or Nioh but it is WAYYY closer to their level than Lords of the Fallen was for sure. That team is most definitely learning. The systems/mechanics in the game really set it apart from feeling like Dark Souls. There are 'bonfires' and bosses and shortcuts but the game has more than enough different that it is its own thing for sure.

I was really liking it at first but now I have gotten past the second boss (and now third) and now having played for about 6 more hours straight last night, I am in love with it!

For those of you that were on the fence I say most definitely buy it, you won't be disappointed.

I haven't touched any of the Nioh DLC or even the Souls 3 DLC, I am saving it for when I move.

I however have been playing The Surge and holy effing poop I am digging it. It is not QUITE a Dark Souls or Nioh but it is WAYYY closer to their level than Lords of the Fallen was for sure. That team is most definitely learning. The systems/mechanics in the game really set it apart from feeling like Dark Souls. There are 'bonfires' and bosses and shortcuts but the game has more than enough different that it is its own thing for sure.

I was really liking it at first but now I have gotten past the second boss (and now third) and now having played for about 6 more hours straight last night, I am in love with it!

For those of you that were on the fence I say most definitely buy it, you won't be disappointed.
The DLC is great and contained a lot of improvements to the base game. The Odachi is a fantastic break weapon and most of its faults (long start-up frames and slow attack speed) are fixed through a Living Weapon build to capitalize upon it's long range and power. I really enjoyed it all, especially the story content. :D/

I also finished everything (including the new trophies/achievements), but I am unmotivated to put any more time into the game (until the next DLC) due to Team Ninja's constant nerfing of any build/move/item that is popular. As for PvP, I read it's a mess with poor Peer-to-Peer connections that rival that of the original Dark Souls. So, I'm staying away from that noise. :lol:

As for The Surge, I did buy it on release. So glad to hear it's enjoyable and fun. I'll be sure to play it next real soon. :)

bread's done
Back