NIS PSP lineup $4.99-$14.99 on PSN Store for 1 week starting Oct. 1

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
NIS is celebrating the release of the PSP Go, and try to stir up some PSP sales, by putting their digital versions of games for the PSP on sale for 1 week starting with the Oct. 1 PSN Store update. The following games will be on sale for 1 week on the PSN Store for $4.99-$9.99:

Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light ($5)
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness ($15)
Dragoneer’s Aria ($15)
Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This? ($10)
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance ($15)
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? ($10)

Of course the retail versions of these games usually come with a soundtrack or other goodies, but many of them are still being sold at full price several months after release, if you can find them. If you're just wanting the game without the extras, these are some incredible prices.

http://www.destructoid.com/nis-releasing-discount-psp-games-on-psn-tomorrow-150535.phtml

Edit: NIS America made a goof up on the original post on the PlayStation Blog and their sale prices are $5-$15.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is mostly to celebrate the launch of the PSPGO, but make sure everyone knows that this discount for those games only lasts a week:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...lus-holy-invasion-of-privacy-badman-umd-poll/

" Are you all excited about tomorrow? We will be re-releasing some of our past PSP titles to celebrate the launch of the PSPgo! And what’s really awesome about this is that our past PSP titles will be 50% off for the whole week! The discount will only be valid for one week starting tomorrow, so don’t miss this chance to get our past titles on your PSP! "

Dragoneer's Aria is terrible.

Mana Khemia has soul crushingly long load times, even with an install. I can't imagine being on a memory stick is going to help much.

Blade Dancer.. looks terrible. =/

So, looks like it's Prinny and Holy Badman for me tomorrow!

Just my luck, though, it'll be those two that are $9.99, being the newest ones of the bunch. =P

[quote name='zenintrude']Can these be played on the PS3? Because that would be awesome...[/QUOTE]

Nope. (Yes, I'm disappointed by it too)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Sorry about that, Destructoid did not make it clear this was a 1 week sale. Updated the OP and thread title.[/QUOTE]

Woo. Also, I hope with the (it seems) huge update for PSP games on PSN, that some other devs/publishers follow NISA's route and discount some of the older PSP titles on the store. Guess we'll find out tomorrow, though!

[quote name='zenintrude']Can these be played on the PS3? Because that would be awesome...[/QUOTE]

Dont know why you would think that while systemcis still live and well. When PSP is 10 years+ on market, maybe.

[quote name='Kamelot']Downloable games should always be discounted[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but it won't happen. I really don't understand the logic of paying same price for something that doesn't include a manual or case or actual disc, but that's just how it goes.

I know this sale is for PSP Go! but do these games have any special features utilized only on the Go that wouldn't apply to the PSP 1000/2000/3000? I mean, no reason for the rest of us to miss out...

Is it possible to download these to the old style PSPs, any idea how much space they take? Disgaea on the cheap is tempting...

Will probably get Prinny, Disgaea, and that game with the super long name.

Would have liked UMD versions of the first two, but hard to complain for $10

I'm so stoked about this. I'm definitely getting Disgaea and Prinny, I need to check reviews on the others.

And yes, you can download these no matter which PSP model you have.

[quote name='gravel']Is it possible to download these to the old style PSPs, any idea how much space they take? Disgaea on the cheap is tempting...[/QUOTE]

Yes these will work on any PSP model. You could download it direct from the store on the PSP if you're firmware is updated, or download on the PC and then transfer.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yes these will work on any PSP model. You could download it direct from the store, or download on the PC and then transfer.[/QUOTE]

MSU can I buy them from my PS3 now and then transfer them later on, or do I have to transfer them as soon as I purchase? I know Sony has one of the more stupid DRM protections.

[quote name='paddlefoot']MSU can I buy them from my PS3 now and then transfer them later on, or do I have to transfer them as soon as I purchase? I know Sony has one of the more stupid DRM protections.[/QUOTE]

You can keep it on PS3 for as long as you like, you paid for it.

Yeah you can keep them on the PS3 as long as you want. Actually Sony's DRM is MUCH better than Nintendo or Microsoft's considering it can be shared on up to 5 systems.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Mana Khemia has soul crushingly long load times, even with an install. I can't imagine being on a memory stick is going to help much.[/QUOTE]

Er, do you have a PSP 1000 or something? On my slim, it only took a little bit to load for the first fight after I started up the game with Jump Start on the memory stick, then after that it was fine with very minimal slowdown.

Either way Prinny, Disgaea, and Mana Khemia are pretty much a steal at $10 or less.

[quote name='paddlefoot']MSU can I buy them from my PS3 now and then transfer them later on, or do I have to transfer them as soon as I purchase? I know Sony has one of the more stupid DRM protections.[/QUOTE]

Sony's DRM is a lot better than MS or Nintendo

I'll be grabbing Disgaea for sure tomorrow. For $5 or $10, that's a very good deal.

Hopefully we see some great prices on other PSP games in the coming weeks as well.

If you use the search function on the PS Store now, you can find some of the new releases and purchase them already:

Here's what's found so far (via some GAF members):

Prinny for $9.99
God of War PSP for $15.99
Crush for $14.99
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness is $14.99 (not sure why this isn't in the range NISA mentioned)

And some of the newer releases (aren't really deals, but maybe someone cares)
Disgaea 2 PSP is $29.99
Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny is $39.99
Motorstorm: Arctic Edge is $39.99

That's just a quick list. Prolly can find more.

If its at MSRP I am still one of those squares who likes having the game and case... so I would go that route for Disgaea 2 and others.... but if they are on sale, I am totally game!

Well I would say Prinny will be $10 during the sale given it was $40 at retail. Disgaea will probably be $10 as well, although it may drop to $7.50. I imagine Holy Badman will be $10 as that is 50% off the current price. Mana Khemia will probably be $10 since it still retails for $30. And the others are probably the $5 games.

We'll find out around 6 p.m. central unless there's a delay with the update tomorrow.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well I would say Prinny will be $10 during the sale given it was $40 at retail. Disgaea will probably be $10 as well, although it may drop to $7.50. I imagine Holy Badman will be $10 as that is 50% off the current price. Mana Khemia will probably be $10 since it still retails for $30. And the others are probably the $5 games.

We'll find out around 6 p.m. central unless there's a delay with the update tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

See my post? Prinny's already up for $9.99 for purchase now :O

And Mana Khemia is at $14.99 too...odd. Better wait on that one if you want it, it's out of the range like Disgaea 1 PSP too.

EDIT: PS Store updated, list of PSP games here

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/playstation-store-update-105/#more-16926

Bought Prinny! Thanks OP

I hope the 10 bucks is well spent. ....and that it works on my PSP..

(UmJammerLammy and Gex 3 this week, too! HOLY CRAP GREAT UPDATE)

Tempted by Badman, though apparently NIS is gauging people's interest in a UMD of it.

And I hope this is the start of a new trend by Sony to do their updates very early on Thursdays (since it's almost 1AM here - EST) rather than rather late in the day/evening/night.

Looks like some pretty good deals.. too bad my PSP only has a 32mb memory stick right now. LOL.

I think someone already mentioned this, but I can just buy these PSP games via the PS Store and just re-download them later correct?

Picked up Prinny for 10 bucks. I searched the games list before looking at this thread, so I was surprised it was so cheap. Now I know why, haha.

[quote name='mis0']Looks like some pretty good deals.. too bad my PSP only has a 32mb memory stick right now. LOL.

I think someone already mentioned this, but I can just buy these PSP games via the PS Store and just re-download them later correct?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I think sony allow you to re-download 5 times only. If you are interested then, check on ebay. Last week I bought a genuine SONY memory stick pro duo 16gb for only 29.99 with shipping. That way I already have same amount of space PSP go now and I like my PSP 3000.

Disgaea is still 14.99?

edit: You can redownload the games on your own account as much as you want. Up to 5 other accounts can download them. But game-sharing doesn't work the same as on PS3. If you download a game from someone else's account, you have to be signed in to their account to play it.

The blog said select NIS games will be 50% off and just looking at Disgaea II being $29.99, and the retail price for Disgaea I being $29.99 retail and at $14.99 on sale it looks like Sony Blog screwed up with the prices.

To clear up some confusion on all of this.

1. These games can be downloaded from a PSP, PS3, or PC.
PSP-Make sure you have around double the amount of space free that the game needs, so you can download the installer and then install it.
PC-You need the Media Go software
PS3-You can download this right to your PS3 and leave it there, when you want to put it on your PSP just hit Triangle on the game on the PS3 and hit transfer.

2. You can download these games on up to a TOTAL of 5 different devices. PSP and PS3 combined. I am unsure if you download it via the PS3 and then move it to the PSP if it counts as 1 or 2 devices, but I would assume only 1.

3. These games use the same gamesaves as the UMDs, just a little tidbit of info incase anyone is wondering

4. These games are going to load faster than the UMD counterparts since the flash media is faster than the UMD speed, sometimes the speed increase is very noticable.

5. Dead Head Fred is $8 on PSN, a very good and funny game, check out some videos if you want. John C. McGinley, Dr. Cox from Scrubs, does the voice of Fred.

I would suggest waiting on buying any of the NIS games that aren't in the price range until at least tomorrow, in case there was a mistake.

[quote name='kart007k']Yes, but I think sony allow you to re-download 5 times only. If you are interested then, check on ebay. Last week I bought a genuine SONY memory stick pro duo 16gb for only 29.99 with shipping. That way I already have same amount of space PSP go now and I like my PSP 3000.[/QUOTE]

As mentioned above, the "limit of five" applies to different systems the item can be downloaded onto. You actually have a unlimited number of re-downloads for the games themselves.

Sony's restrictive DRM only comes into play with the video store. Those have a limited number of re-downloads, so keep that in mind when you are clearing space for all these newly DD titles.

Will probably pick up Badman. I'd hate to miss out on Prinny at that price, but I feel like I'm getting gypped knowing there's a UMD version available.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
2. You can download these games on up to a TOTAL of 5 different devices. PSP and PS3 combined. I am unsure if you download it via the PS3 and then move it to the PSP if it counts as 1 or 2 devices, but I would assume only 1.
[/QUOTE]

Actually its 5 activations per console so 5 PS3s/5PSPs. Not combined. You can have 5 consoles activated and 5 handhelds activated at the same time.

gonna get badman, prinny and pixeljunk. The price of the mini's is pretty high compared to itunes, which is what they are mimicking/porting, but fieldrunners for ipod rules, dont know what it'll be like on psps.

Also, how can they not have Dissidia on the PSN, it would suck if all you had is a Go and couldn't get one of the biggest releases on the system.

bread's done
Back