NIS PSP lineup $4.99-$14.99 on PSN Store for 1 week starting Oct. 1

MSUHitman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
NIS is celebrating the release of the PSP Go, and try to stir up some PSP sales, by putting their digital versions of games for the PSP on sale for 1 week starting with the Oct. 1 PSN Store update. The following games will be on sale for 1 week on the PSN Store for $4.99-$9.99:

Blade Dancer: Lineage of Light ($5)
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness ($15)
Dragoneer’s Aria ($15)
Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do to Deserve This? ($10)
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance ($15)
Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? ($10)

Of course the retail versions of these games usually come with a soundtrack or other goodies, but many of them are still being sold at full price several months after release, if you can find them. If you're just wanting the game without the extras, these are some incredible prices.

http://www.destructoid.com/nis-releasing-discount-psp-games-on-psn-tomorrow-150535.phtml

Edit: NIS America made a goof up on the original post on the PlayStation Blog and their sale prices are $5-$15.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darknight88']Actually its 5 activations per console so 5 PS3s/5PSPs. Not combined. You can have 5 consoles activated and 5 handhelds activated at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit confused (sorry, i don't do PSP game sharing and i don't know if it works the same as PSN games). Hey, is there a dedicated thread for PSP game sharing?

From what i read in your post Darkknight88, PSP games are tied to the PSN account. So, if that account is already shared on FIVE PS3 accounts (say the FIVE PS3s only one person have a PSP), can you still use that account on the PSP? I would say yes, but won't that be like FIVE + ONE = SIX? I guess you can't use "console" math like that... So, it's really up to FIVE PS3s and FIVE PSPs (which is what you said in your post)...

So... Mana Khemia is $15, not $10? That's the only one I was sort of interested in. Is there a chance that the price will go down at some point later in the day?

you know what.. im shock some store did not think of a way to do the dowloads in store and charge people... for people who are too lazy or stupid to figure out how to do this (or dont have an internet connection)

I know back in the 90s japan did store downloads... you would bring in your BLANK CART and they would download the game into the cart for you... i was always hoping that would catch on over here but it never did ...

i know i would do it in a store cause with no PS3 its just sounds too confusing to do this VIA computer...

I have no WIRELESS MODEM So how would i transfer the game into the psp (says you need a wireless modem (at least last i checked)

should put STEP BY STEP detalis how do to do this in OP post or somewhere so stupid people like me know..

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE YO JOE : )

[quote name='slidecage']
I have no WIRELESS MODEM So how would i transfer the game into the psp (says you need a wireless modem (at least last i checked)

[/QUOTE]

You can download it on your computer/PS3 and then connect it to your psp, so you dont need a wireless modem.

Also, if you have a digital camera, then you likely already have the USB-to-Mini cable that you'll need to connect the computer to the PSP.

[quote name='darknight88']Actually its 5 activations per console so 5 PS3s/5PSPs. Not combined. You can have 5 consoles activated and 5 handhelds activated at the same time.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. 5 different PS3s and 5 different PSPs can be activated at one time. You can download the game an infinite number of times. And people say Sony's DRM is bad?

Also, I would advise you guys to stay away from Blade Dancer, I bought the game retail for $40 a long time ago and I hated every second of it. So much backtracking and the game had such a dead world, but hey the box was shiny.

[quote name='caltab']You can download it on your computer/PS3 and then connect it to your psp, so you dont need a wireless modem.[/QUOTE]

still looking for a step by step FAQ though : )

i have an old PSP cord that hooks to my USB network.. I wonder if the 2000 model (star wars) will work on this cord)

starting with a link to the store. then a step by step download

You don't need a step by step guide...

Buy the game using the PS3 then transfer it to your PSP via the USB cable (press the triangle button on the downloaded PSP game will prompt you the transfer option).

[quote name='slidecage']still looking for a step by step FAQ though : )

i have an old PSP cord that hooks to my USB network.. I wonder if the 2000 model (star wars) will work on this cord)

starting with a link to the store. then a step by step download[/QUOTE]

1.Go on Google, search MediaGo(lazy ass)
2.Install on PC(Win only I think, no Mac support?)
3.Install newest version of app.
4.Log into PSN Store w/ PSN account.
5.Buy and transfer content to your PSP via USB cable.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Hope Badman! on sale for $5 and Prinny on sale for $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

Both of those game are on sale for $10 each. Normally Badman is $20 and prinny $30+(retail)

BUY THEM NOW!!!

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Dragoneer's Aria is terrible.

Mana Khemia has soul crushingly long load times, even with an install. I can't imagine being on a memory stick is going to help much.

Blade Dancer.. looks terrible. =/

So, looks like it's Prinny and Holy Badman for me tomorrow!

Just my luck, though, it'll be those two that are $9.99, being the newest ones of the bunch. =P[/QUOTE]

Mana Khemia is a fantastic game, marred by UMD load times. I've got the game on my hacked PSP-3k, and it runs WONDERFULLY. Now that I have a PSPGo, I'll definitely be throwing it on there.

MK is one of the main reasons that I'm so passionate about going digital. It really highlights the weakness of UMD.

[quote name='kart007k']Yes, but I think sony allow you to re-download 5 times only. If you are interested then, check on ebay. Last week I bought a genuine SONY memory stick pro duo 16gb for only 29.99 with shipping. That way I already have same amount of space PSP go now and I like my PSP 3000.[/QUOTE]

Thats not true you can download them as many times as you want you can only activate on 5 different machines at a time. As long as you remember to deactivate a machine via account management you get an activation back you are ok. Personally I deactivate my PSP if I am not going to be using it for a while.

Someone buy Mana Khemia In the next day or so and let us know if it's actually playable. The reviews for the UMD version are so bad that the game sounds broken. Being on flash should be faster but I'd like to hear someones experience of how the downloadable version plays.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What does it say, for those of us who can't access Twitter from work? ;)[/QUOTE]
They are looking into the pricing error and will update when its fixed or more is known. But that was two hours ago and nothing so far...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']What does it say, for those of us who can't access Twitter from work? ;)[/QUOTE]

"@TroyBenedict That is strange! We'll look into it and we'll update you all as soon as it's fixed!"

I guess someone PMed Atlus' Twitter asking if the sale was indeed going or what.

[quote name='z3razerviper']Thats not true you can download them as many times as you want you can only activate on 5 different machines at a time. As long as you remember to deactivate a machine via account management you get an activation back you are ok. Personally I deactivate my PSP if I am not going to be using it for a while.[/QUOTE]

That guy is so wrong on so many levels. A 16GB Pro Duo for $30....LOL "Genuine" no less. GTFO with your crap.

[quote name='darknight88']"@TroyBenedict That is strange! We'll look into it and we'll update you all as soon as it's fixed!"

I guess someone PMed Atlus' Twitter asking if the sale was indeed going or what.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting probably more then one but that's the one they responded too. Atleast a few hours later we got information and not left totally in the dark.

[quote name='bigl523']http://twitter.com/NISAmerica

Looks like there may be a pricing error. I hope that Prinny isn't discounted more as I already bought it this morning.[/QUOTE]

Also, I hope they don't raise the prices. Prinny is $30 on UMD, so 50% of that should be $15, but its on PSN at $10 (will buy at 10 or less)

[quote name='caltab']I know its a bit off topic, but the mini's made there appearance along with this sale, has anyone tried any of the mini games, their pretty pricey but I really like the iphone apps. I haven't found many impressions for them accept for a brief blurb from kotaku about each of them.

http://kotaku.com/5371444/psp-attack-of-the-minis[/QUOTE]

I have an iPod Touch and would also like to hear some comparisons. Personally, I don't think I'll get any of them since they're much cheaper on the iPhone/Touch. Interesting that Kotaku thought Hero of Sparta was worse on the PSP.

[quote name='nightmare452']Also, I hope they don't raise the prices. Prinny is $30 on UMD, so 50% of that should be $15, but its on PSN at $10 (will buy at 10 or less)[/QUOTE]

I don't think Raising them would be something that they would be doing. They personally posted on Playstation Blog yesterday that Prinny and Disgaea would be either $4.99 or $9.99 yesterday.

ya, i wouldn't get the ones that are already on the touch, as I have them for less money, alien havoc and brainpipe sound like they may be fun. I just picked up Thexter Neo for 9.99, which I saw in the comments on the kotaku article, I'd never heard of it, it seems promising from the 10 minutes I played it, your a robot that turns into a space ship, old school side scrolling shmup.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well I think they're overpriced. $10 for Tetris?![/QUOTE]

2 things to consider:

1. PSP minis are somewhat expensive but these same games were around the same price on Iphone's APPS store long ago when they launched...prices could come down in price later.

2. The APPS store is so full of crap and tons of content that in order for devs to compete with one another, must drop the price of their games/apps. PSPMinis on the other hand are few and have less competition with each other and there not alot of demand for them(yet) so prices will be more expensive on PSN.

[quote name='darknight88']1.Go on Google, search MediaGo(lazy ass)
2.Install on PC(Win only I think, no Mac support?)
3.Install newest version of app.
4.Log into PSN Store w/ PSN account.
5.Buy and transfer content to your PSP via USB cable.[/QUOTE]

thanks but like you said before im too lazy to do it... LOL

Is loco roco 2 on sale? I see it is cheaper than the original for some reason.
I think I'll get prinny but pass on disgeae at that price. I have seen the umd for that game cheaper than 15.

disappointing news from the playstation blog:

Hello All,

I am sorry that there are some misinformation on my blog. The price range was $4.99 to $14.99.

Blade Dancer is $4.99. Prinny and Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! are $9.99, and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness and Mana Khemia are $14.99. I am sorry to give you wrong information about the pricing. I hope you guys are still happy with the price though!

Happy downloading!

Best,
nao

Ah well. I would have definitely checked out Mana Khemia for $5, would have seriously thought about it for $10, but for $15... I have enough JRPGs in the backlog already.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Ah well. I would have definitely checked out Mana Khemia for $5, would have seriously thought about it for $10, but for $15... I have enough JRPGs in the backlog already.[/QUOTE]

Mana Khemia $15. Should get UMD version for extra $5, lol I sure get Prinny for $10. Still have to get Diasagea 2 and Shin Megami Tensei Persona :)

Get the UMD version of Persona, it comes with a 2-disc, 67 song soundtrack and the digital price is the same as the UMD price.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Mana Khemia $15. Should get UMD version for extra $5, lol I sure get Prinny for $10. Still have to get Diasagea 2 and Shin Megami Tensei Persona :)[/QUOTE]

Well, as others have mentioned the load times on the MK umd supposedly make it nearly unplayable. I'd either go with the download or just get it for the ps2 (which is what I did). It's a great game tho, and worth the $15 IMO.

Looks like it's Prinny and Droplitz for me...maybe one of the $5 NIS games if the missus wants one.

[quote name='vherub']disappointing news from the playstation blog:

Hello All,

I am sorry that there are some misinformation on my blog. The price range was $4.99 to $14.99.

Blade Dancer is $4.99. Prinny and Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! are $9.99, and Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness and Mana Khemia are $14.99. I am sorry to give you wrong information about the pricing. I hope you guys are still happy with the price though!

Happy downloading!

Best,
nao[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this here, vherub. I read the same blog post earlier today. While disappointing given the original announcement, I still think the $15 price for Disgaea and Mana Khemia is still a very, very good price. I thank NIS for even offering the 50% off in the first place; it's not often sales even happen on the PSN as far as I know.

I'm going in for Prinny, Disgaea and Mana Khemia :)

[quote name='NeoTrunks']Anyone else seeing Dragoneer's Aria for $14.99 instead of $5?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I would guess it's a mistake. I can't see any reason it would be so expensive.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']2. You can download these games on up to a TOTAL of 5 different devices. PSP and PS3 combined. I am unsure if you download it via the PS3 and then move it to the PSP if it counts as 1 or 2 devices, but I would assume only 1.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if activating a PSP on a PS3 counts as 2 devices?

I'm also curious as to how Mana Khemia runs from the digital copy. The original on the PS2 was one of my favorite Gust games and if it runs more smoothly than its UMD counterpart I would totally recommend the game to any RPG fan while it remains discounted.

[quote name='NeoTrunks']Anyone else seeing Dragoneer's Aria for $14.99 instead of $5?[/QUOTE]

Oh man... stay as far away from that one as you can. It's pretty bland and generic.

bread's done
Back