No idea what to buy

Meweight

CAG Veteran
Since Christmas, I now have about $110, and am unsure of what I want to do with it. Originally, I wanted to save it for the Nintendo DS, but then realized that I'd rather buy it after it's at least a half a year old, so there's time for better games, different colors, and maybe a price drop.

So now I've decided to purchase some games. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which games I want. I made a list of games that I wanted in the present and future recently, and now I need some help on which games I should get with my $110. So I come to all of you. (Be reasonable with what you think $110 could get me, if you wish to help me out, and I buy games both new and used from stores (I don't buy games online though, don't have a credit card)).

So anyway, here's my list. My priorities are PS2, then GCN, then GBA, solely because for one thing, the GameCube is in my brother's room and I'm often too lazy to take it out, and I have a GBA, not a GBASP, and am too cheap to go out and buy a backlight. Plus I usually only buy a game that I KNOW I would want to actually own and take around with me. Anyway, here's the list.

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution - PS2
Katamari Damacy - PS2
X-Men Legends - PS2
Godzilla: Save the Earth - PS2
Sly 2: Band of Thieves - PS2
Burnout 3: Takedown - PS2
Mortal Kombat: Deception - PS2
Alien Hominid - PS2
SEGA SuperStars - PS2
Lifeline - PS2
Second Sight - PS2
Beyond Good & Evil - PS2
NFL Street 2 - PS2
Cubivore - GCN
Superman: Shadow of Apokolips - GCN
F-Zero GX - GCN
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - GCN
Pokemon Leaf Green - GBA
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - GBA
Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge - GBA
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - GBA

So yeah, if you wish to help, go ahead. I just figure that the people here might be better at making these kinds of decisions for me. X_x In other words, just tell me what's good out of that list, and what I should stay away from.

I also posted this on another forum, but I wanted to get everyone's opinions so I posted it here on CAG too.

Gonna want to take the ROM talk out unlss you want this to be a flame war, but I also have to say you're gonna have a very hard time finding Cubivore at a B&M store, but definately get Burnout 3.

Well, here is what I would say.

Beyond Good and Evil - great game can be gotten for very cheap
Alien Hominid - good game is somewhat cheap
Katamari Damacy - good game cheap
Metroid Prime 2 - Amazing game, I would say it is the year's second best.

I know that all of those can easily be gotten for under 110. Having played most of the games on your list, I can say that if I had your money, that is how I would spend it.

If you haven't played it yet - Metal Gear Solid 3 is great. But it is semi-short. You can rent it and beat it within the week. That is only $6.00 :D

Must Get:

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution - PS2
Katamari Damacy - PS2
Beyond Good & Evil - PS2
F-Zero GX - GCN
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - GBA

If you have money left over, then get:
Burnout 3: Takedown - PS2
X-Men Legends - PS2
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - GCN
Pokemon Leaf Green - GBA

Yesterday I picked up 2 value-priced ($19.99 and under) PS2 games at TRU for $30, they had a 2-for-$30 sale, dunno if it's still good. Should be good until end of the week. Many of the PS2 games you listed there should qualify. I picked up Lifeline as part of a 2-er yesterday. You need to buy a headset (one of the brands has been known to be incompatible with the game, do some research on GameFAQS.com) in order to play this game, so factor that into your budget if you haven't got a compatible headset already.

Wait for MK: Deception to drop to GH price unless you catch the Kollector's Edition for a dirt cheap price. The MK1 port is not all that, if you have the arcade-perfect PC version already you can skip this poor PS2 port.

Katamari Damacy can also qualify for the 2 for $30 deal at TRU, get it before it's gone!

Well, I went to the store today and I picked up Katamari Damacy, Beyond Good & Evil, 007 Everything or Nothing, Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, and Second Sight. I haven't played Everything or Nothing or VF4:E yet, and I've barely played Katamari Damancy. Second Sight is pretty cool, and BG&E is simply amazing. It's like playing Zelda, except it only cost me $15.

[quote name='tyecko'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']If you get Alien Hominid (which you should), get it on Gamecube.[/quote]
Why GC?[/quote]

1. It supports the little guy even more.
2. Prettier animation.

Burnout 3 is just awesome. Katamari Damacy is amazing at $20. FFTA is...well, it brings a tear to the eye of the strat-RPG fan.

That, plus tax, will put you right around your $110 mark.

I'd pick up Katamari Mamacy, Metriod Prime 2 and maybe Burnout 3. That will be around $120 at most stores before with I sale I'm sure you could get them all.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='tyecko'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']If you get Alien Hominid (which you should), get it on Gamecube.[/quote]
Why GC?[/quote]

2. Prettier animation.[/quote]

how does the GC version support the character more?

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Gonna want to take the ROM talk out unlss you want this to be a flame war, but I also have to say you're gonna have a very hard time finding Cubivore at a B&M store, but definately get Burnout 3.[/quote]

I must be cursed because I can't go to BB or CC without seeing multiple copies of Cubivore staring back at me.

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='tyecko'][quote name='Mr. Anderson']If you get Alien Hominid (which you should), get it on Gamecube.[/quote]
Why GC?[/quote]

2. Prettier animation.[/quote]

how does the GC version support the character more?[/quote]

No no, not the character, but the company. It's made by an independent studio and published by a brand new company. Buying that kind of game on the GC is telling them to make more games, and to keep supporting the GC.

save half of that money for Resident Evil 4. the commercial during RAW was flat out amazing, and def. amped up my hype for the game

bread's done
Back