No More Manga At Suncoast!??! Wtsf!?!?

crazytalkx

CAGiversary!
This really pissed me off, I walked into Suncoast today and where the manga used to reside there is a sign that states:"No more manga sales until further notice-Mgmnt".

WHY!?!!?!? This was the closest place where I could afford manga and the replay rewards helped. Anybody have any good cheap/fast shipping online manga stores?

Barnes and Noble and Amazon is the only place online that I can find cheap Manga. Amazon is pretty nice cause some times I can find other sellers selling them for less.

I've heard at least one other report of Suncoast pulling manga, also. Something about a dispute with their distibutor.

Anyhow, I usually get my manga at Borders using those coupons they put out every now and then.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I've heard at least one other report of Suncoast pulling manga, also. Something about a dispute with their distibutor.

Anyhow, I usually get my manga at Borders using those coupons they put out every now and then.[/QUOTE]
My suncoast had the manga pulled a couple weeks ago.

The employee pulling the manga at my local suncoast said they were doing some sort of restructuring/reset, then they'd have the manga out again.

Personally, I welcome it! Our Suncoast never, ever got new release manga on time. And took forever to re-stock sold out volumes. If this streamlines the process so I can get the volumes I need, I'll be shopping at Suncoast quite a bit more. :bouncy:

As for were else to buy manga... a borders, Barnes and Noble or other bookstore? Got any comic shops? Sam Goody? Maybe your local Gamestop still has a few? Have you checked your library? (Seeing as manga pricing is so consistent, I find it hard to believe they're isn't somewhere around you selling it at the same price as Suncoast... the loss of replay points will suck, though.)

Ok I'm going to try Estarland. I bought from DreamLandComics once but it was an entire month before I finally received my order. My Suncoast actually had the newest volumes/best selection. :cry:

Entire Suncoast company is supposedly going out of business. They've been clearancing all items at the locations here in Tampa, and according to ppl on the animenation board, a lot of other stores too.

Best online place to get manga is Alphacraze, $3.81 for $7.95 Shonen Jump/Viz manga, $4.79 for Tokyopop, $7.53 for Dark Horse. And shipping is a flat 99 cents per 10 books.

My only local Suncost closed, but it was due to a rent dispute with the mall. I'm not sure why the mall just didn't let them have lower rent, since half the stores in the mall are empty.
I found this out after I found out the Jack Skellington toy my parents got me for Christmas at that Suncoast had a broken off hand. It will stay on, but if I touch the hand it falls off. :roll:

[quote name='Bezerker']Entire Suncoast company is supposedly going out of business. They've been clearancing all items at the locations here in Tampa, and according to ppl on the animenation board, a lot of other stores too.
[/QUOTE]

... I doubt that. The suncoasts in my area are fine. They're even still doing Triple point deals n' stuff. Maybe it's like TRU?

[quote name='Bezerker']Entire Suncoast company is supposedly going out of business. They've been clearancing all items at the locations here in Tampa, and according to ppl on the animenation board, a lot of other stores too.

Best online place to get manga is Alphacraze, $3.81 for $7.95 Shonen Jump/Viz manga, $4.79 for Tokyopop, $7.53 for Dark Horse. And shipping is a flat 99 cents per 10 books.[/QUOTE]

The Suncoast here is closing in about a week, too. To my knowledge, nothing's on clearance yet, though they have the 35-50% off sale going on now. (Got 5 of the series 2 McFarlane dragon collection for about $40...)

And, for some reason, my copy of Fullmetal Alchemist Vol 7 STILL hasn't come in...

Wow, that's a bit odd. While there haven't necessarily been too many Suncoasts around (most have gone out of business due to poor locations...either that or were turned into Sam Goody's and moved their locations elsewhere in a mall) the ones that I still frequent are still around and haven't heard anything about closing. Then again, who knows? The only one nearby that I can remember may be taking massive hits since Target opened several storefronts down. It doesn't help when you're still selling popular and acclaimed titles for $20 while Target is selling them on sale for $6.50 a pop.

Hmmm...come to think of it, I have a few more movies to pick up this week...

[quote name='AngellicLulu']Here we go an article explaining WTF is going on at Suncoast
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8190[/QUOTE]

Good to know! Also good to know that since my local stores aren't clearancing, they must be sticking around.

And on top of that, the banner ad informed me that my Sakura Con pre-reg now comes with a free 30 minute Gameworks card- I'd better go see how to get that...

bread's done
Back