No RESTRICTIONS on used games!

No online connection, you can sell or trade your games or give them away with no limits.  No authentications and no requrements to log in periodically.  Won't stop working if you haven't authenticated within 24 hours.

What's an XboneR again?

Where are all the Xbox fanboys who kept saying "If MS is doing it, Sony will too?"   :booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, I just saw that too. Xbox one has been bitchslapped.

Since the psn is all about games and it showed the links between ps vita, ps3, and ps4. Does that also mean backwards compatibility?

360 red ringed again.  Time to sell it for parts.  Why did I buy that piece of junk with no exclusives?  I never even payed to go online with it.......

Microsoft would have to be dumb as anything to follow through with only being able to sell used games at retail.  This will put them at a huge disadvantage and make the One a HUGE fail.  Needless to say I would think this would open to them to a huge lawsuit.  Someone should explain to them what the first sale doctrine is.  You can't very well dictate who you can and can't sell to.  This policy will cost them tons of console sales.  You just have to look at the reaction to Sony announcing that thy will have no such insane policy.  If I do at some point get a new console it sure won't be Xbox it will be PS4.

ca3Y0Sy.jpg

An idea me and some buddies had been keeping on to for the right moment.  Obscure reference, but we thought it was pretty funny if you happen to get the joke. 

Slightly modified for the recent events of course. 

For your viewing pleasure I give you this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
Such a great video. I've seen it like 10 times already on other sites and I love it more and more every time.

In one simple presentation Sony just curb stomped MS and pretty much guaranteed they will win the next console war. It was also great to see real gamers cheers coming from the crowd when they announced no used game DRM unlike the applause during the XBone announce presentation that was only coming from the MS employees section.

To be fair, they said that it would the same as now. It could well be that every game comes with an online pass, which is in effect a charge for used purchases. Online passes exist now, they are saying they will exist on the PS4 as well. But yeah, no 24 hour check-in or anything like that.

I'm fine with online passes because I only buy games new and rarely play online anyway.  They addressed every major concern I had and that's all I, or anyone, could have asked of them.

To be fair, they said that it would the same as now. It could well be that every game comes with an online pass, which is in effect a charge for used purchases. Online passes exist now, they are saying they will exist on the PS4 as well. But yeah, no 24 hour check-in or anything like that.
EA the largest user of online passes has already said they are no longer using them so at least the biggest one is gone but yes there almost certainly still will be online passes for some games. However the XBone will have them as well. It will just be built into the used game price through their stupid restrictions keeping the used game price artificially high.

MS get ready. If you thought sales for the WII U were bad...
I have faith that no matter how badly the X1 appears to be botching itself, Microsoft has some loyal customers who will support the X1 regardless. People pre-ordered that like it was nothing. Then factor in those who are interested by the media side of it, and I think it'll do better than the Wii U.

It's not getting my sale, but I think it's going to do better than most are giving it credit for.

MS get ready. If you thought sales for the WII U were bad...
I have faith that no matter how badly the X1 appears to be botching itself, Microsoft has some loyal customers who will support the X1 regardless. People pre-ordered that like it was nothing. Then factor in those who are interested by the media side of it, and I think it'll do better than the Wii U.

It's not getting my sale, but I think it's going to do better than most are giving it credit for.
Yep. By all accounts, the X1 has a short supply. It will completely sell out.

bread's done
Back