NO WAY!!!??? KMART BLUE LIGHT SPECIALS YMMV Sat-Sun only? 60% off some games

dragonfireflys

CAGiversary!
UPDATED 1/16
This was in pittsburgh. Basically bunch of originally 14-30 dollar games for 60% off (clearance?) It was some supposed "BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL EVENT" but no blue lights involved; also included LOTS of other items (tags beneath the shelves).

Didn't see what gba games were on sale but I assume they were 60% of 15-20 so they'd be 6 or 8 dollars.

Decent selection sat/sun 1/16-1/17 only.

ADDITIONS: MERGED prelim list

XBOX
Burnout 2 directors cut xbox (12)

Manhunt Xbox 12 (can get for 11 at TRU fyi)

midway arcade treasures for xbox $8),

project gotham racing 2, (12)

MECHASSAULT Platinum (xbox) 8

Nhl hitz pro (xbox) 8

Gladiator sword of vengeance (xbox) 12

Crash and Burn (xbox) 12

Crimson Skies xbox 12

SCALER Xbox (8)

Psy-ops (8)

TMNT 1 (8)

Freedom Fighters (8)

Speed Kings (8)

ATV QUAD 2 (acclaim) 8

MX superstar (8)

BIG MOTHA TRUCKERS (5.20)

Metal Gear 2 substance (6)

PS2
Wild Arms 3 (12)

Suikoden 3 ps2 (8)

Spyhunter 2 ps2 (12)

Silent Hill 2 ps2 (12)

viewtiful joe for ps2 ($8, PS2) (GCN 12)

megaman zero 3 ($12, Ps2?)

Rise to Honor (ps2) 8

Spyhunter gh (ps2) 8

Rise to honor (8)

Beyond good and evil (12?)

Contra shattered soldier (12)

X111 (8)

sphinx (8)

Castlevania (ps2) 8

Spyhunter 2 (ps2) 12

Barbarian (ps2) 12

Whiplash (ps2) 12

GCN
mario party-e for $4 (GCN)/YMMV.

Wavebird+metroid gcn 15

Apparently this deal includes both the platinum hits and regular skus at least on xbox. I assume it applies to PS2 greatest hits as well.

I picked up 3 VJ for $8 a peice and Rise To Honor for $8. They had a crap load of games just laid out on the counter. They had 2 copies of Suikoden 3 for $12, Max Payne 1 and 2, Backyard Wrestlin, Whiplash, VJ for Cube, sports games galore for Xbox and many more. They did not have any Wavebird packs, weeks ago they did. I will pick up Suikoden 3 for anyone who wants it. I will charge $20, which will include shipping! My location was Columbia, PA.......might travel to other locations.

[quote name='lurknomore']How do we know this is only a Sat and Sun thing?[/quote]
All the signs say "Saturday & Sunday only", so I would assume that's where people are getting it from.

Obviously, once the lurker and this gets over to FW, this clearance will be kaput.....
Too late for that -- the wavebird bundle was actually posted there before it was here.

[quote name='TimTucker'][quote name='lurknomore']How do we know this is only a Sat and Sun thing?[/quote]
All the signs say "Saturday & Sunday only", so I would assume that's where people are getting it from.

Obviously, once the lurker and this gets over to FW, this clearance will be kaput.....
Too late for that -- the wavebird bundle was actually posted there before it was here.[/quote]

Thank you, sir. So courteous to answer my questions. I sincerely appreciate it.

Man we really need a master list for this. I don't want to keep going back and forth once I find out that another game I want is blue lighted. I asked the employee at the Kmart I went to and she said there was no master list.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']Anyone know what the prices are for the Gba Castlevania games and FFTA.[/quote]

Judging by the price of other games at my store, probably under $15 on sale.

[quote name='lurknomore']How do we know this is only a Sat and Sun thing? Obviously, once the lurker and this gets over to FW, this clearance will be kaput.....anyhow, setting my alarm now. Jesus, I suck.[/quote]

Heh, there's actually been a thread over there since early today. My Kmart had a couple games that've been mentioned in the bin, and I managed to snag a wavebird. They actually had a whole bunch left though.

[quote name='evilmax17']Has anybody gotten games from behind the glass case? Or just from bins and such.[/quote]

Yes, I got .hack//Outbreak (PS2) and Mega Man Zero 3 (GBA) from the glass case at the electronics counter.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Does anybody know what time they open on Sunday?[/quote]
The store here opens at 8am. (heard that over the store speakers when I made a quick trip back right before they closed to pick up a few things)

[quote name='3QGojo']what TRU coupon screwup?[/quote]

The 'get $10 off any two games priced $20 or less' is what I'm guessing. Combined with green tag or the 'two $20 games for $30' offer, people made a killing.

As for a masterlist, I believe that items under Blue Light specials are YMMV. Different stores have different items. But I'm not sure... I'm only saying this because my Kmart had all the Blue Light special games in one bin (which was well raided before I got there). None of the games behind in the glass case had anything that said blue light special on them.

As an FYI, since Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was mentioned earlier in the forum, I had it price checked tonight. It's not on clearance -- still regular price at $34.99.

[quote name='evilmax17']Has anybody gotten games from behind the glass case? Or just from bins and such.[/quote]

My 2 best find were in the glass case, the metroid/wavebird bundle and castlevania COM

Didn't find any Wavebird bundles at the two K-Marts I hit tonight (dang!), but I was able to snag the Star Fox Adventures and Legend of Zelda:WW player's guides (official Nintendo versions) for $.99 each.

Someone mentioned Wild Arms 3 as being in the bin. Can anyone confirm that Wild Arms 3 is on clearance and at what price point?

[quote name='smartasien']what exactly is a metroid/ wavebird bird bundle is? and how much is it supposedly at kmart?[/quote]

a copy of metroid prime bundled with a wavebird controller (gamecubes first party wireless controller). nothing more, nothing less.
i believe its normally $40, and is on sale for $16.

[quote name='smartasien']what exactly is a metroid/ wavebird bird bundle is? and how much is it supposedly at kmart?[/quote]

The UPC is 045496960537
This is what it looks like: (lazy ass cat not included)
Lazy_Metroid_cat.jpg

Has anyone been to the Montgomery County, MD KMarts? I've got a wicked head ache this morning. Maybe this is a sign that I shouldn't bother or waste my time, but was wondering if anyone has been to either?

no, but im in harford county, md and their are no longer any kmarts near me....their are like 5 kmarts 30 min to an hour from me that i dont feel like visiting that far for...the last time i checked (6 months ago), one kmart had like 10 wavebird/metroid bundles, plus like 10 wavebird/mario party bundles

[quote name='trustcompany1013']no, but im in harford county, md and their are no longer any kmarts near me....their are like 5 kmarts 30 min to an hour from me that i dont feel like visiting that far for...the last time i checked (6 months ago), one kmart had like 10 wavebird/metroid bundles, plus like 10 wavebird/mario party bundles[/quote]

Yeah, I remember that one of the two KMarts has things a few months back, but this may be a deal I have to pass on....laziness is a great thing. I don't want to waste any more energy with a day full of sitting on my arse and watching football for eight plus hours.

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='trustcompany1013']no, but im in harford county, md and their are no longer any kmarts near me....their are like 5 kmarts 30 min to an hour from me that i dont feel like visiting that far for...the last time i checked (6 months ago), one kmart had like 10 wavebird/metroid bundles, plus like 10 wavebird/mario party bundles[/quote]

Yeah, I remember that one of the two KMarts has things a few months back, but this may be a deal I have to pass on....laziness is a great thing. I don't want to waste any more energy with a day full of sitting on my arse and watching football for eight plus hours.[/quote]

:lol: same here, but add some RE4 on top of that

[quote name='ketwyld']Someone mentioned Wild Arms 3 as being in the bin. Can anyone confirm that Wild Arms 3 is on clearance and at what price point?[/quote]

I saw it in a bin too, but it was late at night so the electronic section was closed off by shopping carts. Well thats how my ghetto kmart does it, so people won't jack stuff. So if I pick up Wild Arms 3 anybody want to trade it for Suikoden 3? If so pm me.

I just got back from Super K and I was able to pick up a few titles I've been wanting since last year:
$8 games
Viewtiful Joe (PS2)
Mech Assault (PH)

$12 games
Project Gotham 2 (Non PH)
Amped2 (Non PH)
Crimson Skies (Non PH)

Games that I did not get but still there. 1 copy of Contra Shattered Soldier ($12) . 1 copy of Resident Evil Outbreak ($12). 1 copy of .Hack Outbreak. 2 copies of Links 2004. Anyone interested in these since I may go back after lunch to see if they have any GBA title (forgot to look for MegaMan). I didn't see any of those Wavebird/Metroid Bundles but I didn't look behind the glass case only the shelf they set up for the sale.

Thanks OP!

In Collegeville, PA on Eagleville Road:

Viewtiful Joe PS2 (7.99)
Mechassault XB non-PH (7.99)
Fusioin Frenzy non-PH (7.99)
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon GBA (9.99)

$36 after tax out the door. BTW they still had three or so Castlevanias. I think I got the last VJ.

Jeremy

I saw at another site that this deal included LOTR: Return of the King Extended Edition for $14.99. It's damn cold out today but may make a trip, wouldn't mind getting Crimson Skies.

[quote name='Polskaboy']I saw at another site that this deal included LOTR: Return of the King Extended Edition for $14.99. It's damn cold out today but may make a trip, wouldn't mind getting Crimson Skies.[/quote]

that would be an amazing deal. i'll check on that when i go.

Hey MadFlava will you check for a Suikoden III for me, Ill pay cost plus shipping if you grab one for me, thanks dude.

Went to 1 Kmart this morning.

Picked up:

XBOX---
Fuzion Frenzy - $7.99
Max Payne - $7.99
Max Payne 2 - $11.99
NFL Fever 2004 - $11.99
Links 2004 - $11.99

Gamecube---
Tiger Woods 2004 - $11.99

[quote name='bil4l']Hey MadFlava will you check for a Suikoden III for me, Ill pay cost plus shipping if you grab one for me, thanks dude.[/quote]

Sorry, no copies of Suikoden III at my Super K. In fact, I haven't seen a copy of Suikoden III for a while now, what's up with this game is it any good?

bread's done
Back