Nodes? Where we're going we don't need Nodes! OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='manthing']Not that I'll ever use them on my 360, but making them Gold exclusives makes the 360 look even shittier compared to a $300 PS3 slim.[/QUOTE]
Well there is that i guess.

[quote name='manthing']Not that I'll ever use them on my 360, but making them Gold exclusives makes the 360 look even shittier compared to a $300 PS3 slim.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I disagree. I don't pay for my XBL subscription (which I never pay more than $35 for 13 months, btw) so I can use Facebook or Twitter. I pay for it (less than $3 a month) to play a ton of great games online with the majority of my friends who also have the same service.

In the past year, MS has added the ability to watch Netflix movies (which I was already a subscriber of) on my Xbox, play a MMO trivia tv/game show hybrid in 1 vs 100, and now the ability to update Facebook/Twitter. The way I see it, they're making XBL better and better, and giving me more bang for my buck.

[quote name='darthbudge']Until people realize that there is only like 3 or 4 good PS3 exclusive games.

Oh and that PSN sucks dick.[/QUOTE]

You never paid a dime for either next gen system.

You can honestly say that a $300 Elite is as compelling to Joe Schmoe as a $300 PS3 Slim?

:whistle2:s

It gives you more value for your gold subscription. Seems reasonable to me.

Seriously?

If I'm dropping that much on some hardware, I'd go for the 360 any day, since I'd actually use it for more than an hour and a half a week.

How many Joe Schmoes are that interested in Blu-Rays over DVDs, though? I know it's a part of the Gold package, but I think Netflix, Facebook, and Twitter appeal to the average guy off the street than BD functionality.

I have to agree, if I were a casual consumer, PS3 would be the most appealing.

Especially since the biggest game this fall (MW2) will be on both systems.

It would make more sense if the Wii was 200, Elite 250, and Slim 300.

[quote name='Liquid 2']It gives you more value for your gold subscription. Seems reasonable to me.[/QUOTE]

Free internet sites give more value to a Gold sub?

:???:

To me it seems more like making Silver members wait a week for demos, 2+ years into the 360's lifecycle.

Taking away Silver features != adding 'value' to Gold members.

I'm starting to sound like $$$$$$96.

:whistle2:(

No, my 360 is still going strong Jimbo. That was my friends 360 I was trying to fix.

And yeah, I did buy my 360 with my own money Manthing. People might be more attracted to buying a PS3, but I guarantee that they quickly learn from their mistake.

It isn't that PS3 is that bad, but if you can only have one system, the 360 is just a better all round system.

[quote name='darthbudge']
And yeah, I did buy my 360 with my own money Manthing. [/QUOTE]

$$$$a, I might be a drunk, but I got a Loooooooooooong memory.

Where did you get that $ from? Oh wait, it was from selling them Pepsi Point Criterions.

:cool:

Also, I still think the Halo franchise has name recognition to non-gamers over any Playstation exclusive. Kind of like GTA did over Microsoft last generation, at least until it lost console exclusivity.

Can someone who follows Halo explain to me why people are so upset that there's no matchmaking for that Firefight mode in ODST? That's basically Horde mode, right?[quote name='manthing']Taking away Silver features != adding 'value' to Gold members.[/QUOTE]I agree.

Why do y'all think that the PS3 is more attractive to the general public?

[quote name='manthing']Free internet sites give more value to a Gold sub?

To me it seems more like making Silver members wait a week for demos, 2+ years into the 360's lifecycle.

Taking away Silver features != adding 'value' to Gold members.[/QUOTE]The 360 isn't web enabled. Adding twitter and Facebook and Last.fm support all require creating specific additions to the dashboard. It's not like you can already access them on your 360 and MS is taking away that capability at all.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Can someone who follows Halo explain to me why people are so upset that there's no matchmaking for that Firefight mode in ODST? That's basically Horde mode, right?I agree.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's for retards who play with random people because they have no friends or social skills. So, since they can't join random people's rooms they won't be able to play Firefight that much because no one likes them.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah. It's for retards who play with random people because they have no friends or social skills. So, since they can't join random people's rooms they won't be able to play Firefight that much because no one likes them.[/QUOTE]

That was really rude to call me out like that zew...

:whistle2:(

[quote name='Liquid 2']
The 360 isn't web enabled. Adding twitter and Facebook and Last.fm support all require creating specific additions to the dashboard. It's not like you can already access them on your 360 and MS is taking away that capability at all.[/QUOTE]

Only MS's obstinance precludes web access from the 360.

[quote name='st0neface']Also, I still think the Halo franchise has name recognition to non-gamers over any Playstation exclusive. Kind of like GTA did over Microsoft last generation, at least until it lost console exclusivity.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that. Of all my friends who casually play games, they have 360s and just play Halo 3 (oh, and NHL/Madden). However, none of them use the extra gold features. They don't even go into parties while playing games, unless I start one and invite them. I know the gold features are important to me, but I wonder how much other people care about them.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Can someone who follows Halo explain to me why people are so upset that there's no matchmaking for that Firefight mode in ODST? That's basically Horde mode, right?I[/QUOTE]

It's kind of annoying that you can't play it with randoms. Not a huge deal, but lame nonetheless.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Can someone who follows Halo explain to me why people are so upset that there's no matchmaking for that Firefight mode in ODST? That's basically Horde mode, right?I agree.[/QUOTE]

Cause it stinks. In Gears you can start up a match of Horde with random people any time. With ODST you can only start up a match of Firefight with your current party.

Because the PS3 has lots of razzle and dazzle on the outside.

It looks shiny, they can boast about all the ridiculous hardware inside, it has a blu-ray player, free online play and so on.

Plus, I think a lot of people really like the Playstation name. Like I have a lot of friends who really want PS3's for no reason in particular, they just like Playstations over Xboxes.

I have a few friends that bought a PS3 because it looked more ballin' than the 360 did. Casual gamers are really weird.

[quote name='zewone']Yeah. It's for retards who play with random people because they have no friends or social skills. So, since they can't join random people's rooms they won't be able to play Firefight that much because no one likes them.[/QUOTE][quote name='LinkinPrime']Cause it stinks. In Gears you can start up a match of Horde with random people any time. With ODST you can only start up a match of Firefight with your current party.[/QUOTE]Oh, I see. Thanks.

I used to have friends on XBL to play with, after my son was born, the only time I can play is late nights when no one is around. Oddly enough I don't have that many friends on my list from the West Coast.

FELT 3, officially a Tribute to Rosie Perez.

http://rhymesayers.com/news.php#newsId_1831

5493_136150613704_19564953704_2406095_1434523_n.jpg

[quote name='manthing']Only MS's obstinance precludes web access from the 360.

:???:[/QUOTE]I like the 360 being closed to most of the internet, honestly. It's safer, and who the hell wants to browse the web on their TV anyways?

[quote name='darthbudge']Wavin' goodbye to my house. :[[/QUOTE]

:)

Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling has revealed that Modern Warfare 2's multiplayer will feature upgradable Perks, allowing players to "rank up" their Perks to an "upgraded Pro version."

Talking to GamerZines about additions made to Modern Warfare 2's Perk system, Bowling said:

"We've made extensive additions to the perk system and create a class system as a whole. You can now customize killstreak rewards in addition to your weapon loadout, so your reward for multiple kills without a death can be customized to how you like to play. For example, I forego any 3 Killstreak or 5 killstreak and focus on the bigger payoffs for longer killstreaks.

"This new addition along with the ability to rank up Perks from their base benefit to an upgraded Pro version with additional bonuses allows you to really customize your Classes to your preferred play style per gametype."

Perks are subtle modifiers used within Modern Warfare and World at War's multiplayer that allow players to customise their play style, and gain access to a handful of advantages.

New Perks are unlocked as players reach new ranks, and those included in the original Modern Warfare include the Bandolier Perk for extra ammunition, or Sleight of Hand, which allows for faster reloading.
I don't like the idea of a pro version of juggernaut. :whistle2:?

[quote name='st0neface']Looks like you're good to send out darthbudge's postcard, munch.[/QUOTE]

I know :cool:

And I did see that threat, but I'm just poor :cool: or is it :cry:

It's like $180. Luckily, my birthday will allow me to buy it this time next month.

Yeah, remastered in stereo, with new liner notes, and I believe a DVD of goodies, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back