Nodes? Where we're going we don't need Nodes! OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beatles Rock Band needs to hurry up and come out.

I kind of want to play GH5, too. :oops: I just want to create my own setlists. Is that too much to ask?

So i bought this TV mount under the impression that as it says, it can be mounted to one wall stud. I just got it in and as i'm reading the instructions it says it must be mounted to two wall studs.

Ugh...

[quote name='manthing']Dear #83 Wop-Dago:

I'm enjoying my cheap :hd: copy of Goodfellas RIGHT NOW.

:cool:[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I'll be getting my Goodfellas on this weekend!! I hope it doesn't suck!

Batman AA = TN, TD

Plus I'm learning a lot about the Batmang story since I only know what has been shown in Batman 1 and 2 and the new 1 and 2.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/08/27...2-megapixel-cameras-at-september-media-event/

DigiTimes reports that Apple has contracted with OmniVision for 3.2-megapixel camera sensors that will be deployed in revised models of the iPod touch, iPod nano, and iPod classic next month, presumably at Apple's rumored September 9th media event.OmniVision has secured CMOS image sensor (CIS) orders for upcoming Apple iPods, according to market sources.

OmniVision will be the sole supplier of 3.2-megapixel CIS products for new iPod nano, iPod classic and iPod Touch models which will be launched in September, the sources indicated.
A number of indications that the iPod touch and iPod nano will receive cameras in the next design refresh have surfaced over the past few months, but today's report appears to be the first to claim that the iPod classic will also see the inclusion of a camera.
:drool: at Touch + Nano with a cam
:whistle2:k at Classic with a cam

[quote name='JolietJake']So i bought this TV mount under the impression that as it says, it can be mounted to one wall stud. I just got it in and as i'm reading the instructions it says it must be mounted to two wall studs.

Ugh...[/QUOTE]

The images look like you need 2 studs to mount it, JJ...Where do you see one wall stud?

[quote name='Galego23']now turn to page 2.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it means 1 horizontal stud, in two locations?

:whistle2:k

It's why directions are for suckers! Man up and mount it on whatever the heck you want!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']3.2 megapixles are weak, what are we in the 90's?

-------------

That looks pretty nice Chika.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Number83']Gratz!![/QUOTE]

Thanks! We can't shower in it until later tonight because caulk is still drying, but then we're good to go.

[quote name='Mojimbo']moneything/TheRock88:

http://www.definetheshift.com/survey.php[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but I answered the survey. I think I did something wrong.

[quote name='Number83']:rofl:

I'll be getting my Goodfellas on this weekend!! I hope it doesn't suck![/QUOTE]

Be sure to introduce your kids to it as part of their cultural identity!

:wave:

[quote name='Chika']Done bathroom is done.
[/QUOTE]

You can finally poop/shower?

[quote name='Chika']Done bathroom is done.
[/QUOTE]

:bouncy: finally

[quote name='LinkinPrime']3.2 megapixles are weak, what are we in the 90's?
[/QUOTE]

Yea I know! Apple sucks!! Right up there with the P(o)S3!

[quote name='st0neface']They can't drop the classic, it's the only one with a high capacity, right?[/QUOTE]

Good point.

[quote name='Number83']The images look like you need 2 studs to mount it, JJ...Where do you see one wall stud?[/QUOTE]
The description states:

"The mount includes simple to align brackets and a unique wall plate that can be mounted to a single wood stud, two wood studs, or concrete."

edit- NVM

[quote name='JolietJake']So i bought this TV mount under the impression that as it says, it can be mounted to one wall stud. I just got it in and as i'm reading the instructions it says it must be mounted to two wall studs.

Ugh...[/QUOTE]
JJ- buy a solid piece of stair-tread from HD. Cut it down to size to match the wall side of the mount with at least 1.5 inches to spare beyond the mounting holes.

(Paint it to match the wall if desired or black or not.)

Take the new piece of wood and center it over the stud horizontally.
Take some (2 or more) 1/4 lag bolts and washers and mount the wood piece to the wall stud down the center (make sure the bolts are in a place that clears the mount).

I had to install a dual arm cantilevered wall-mount on a non-load-bearning wall at my FIL's (it was 18 inches on center instead of 16) and this is how we made it work. It solved that problem and it works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do apologize but it appears the item may have been mis-labeled. I had spoken with my supervisor and we have installed this mount on one stud, even though the instructions state 2. But that is if the monitor is less than 50lbs. 32" should fall in that category.It would involve a little more hardware as you will be required to use Drywall weight rated anchors for each corner of the mount.
Well gee, that would have been nice to know before i bought it.

[quote name='manthing']You can finally poop/shower?[/QUOTE]

yup. have been since last Friday. Last night and today the shower is off limits because the doors were caulked but we can shower tonight.

[quote name='seanr1221']:bouncy: finally[/QUOTE]

you're telling me!

[quote name='seanr1221'] Yea I know! Apple sucks!! Right up there with the P(o)S3![/QUOTE]

Apple products are cool...iTunes is what stinks. The inclusion of the camera is great, just saying that I can't believe they haven't gone up from 3 pixels. Seems like they're going backwards. When I was with sprint about 10 years ago, I had a camera phone that did 5 megapixels.

[quote name='Chika']yup. have been since last Friday. Last night and today the shower is off limits because the doors were caulked but we can shower tonight.

you're telling me![/QUOTE]
We put the same glass accent tiles in my Mom's shower.

I may be able to use a second stud, i'll have to move the TV a little more to the right than i wanted, but maybe i can adjust that by sliding the TV once it's on the mounting rail.

I have never had a problem with iTunes, but I'm using it on a Mac. How many MPs does your camera have now, StinkinLinkin?

[quote name='munch']I have never had a problem with iTunes, but I'm using it on a Mac. How many MPs does your camera have now, StinkinLinkin?[/QUOTE]

Whatever the iPhone has...3 is it?

-----

No, Sean.

Radio stations are going to start promoing Beatles Rock Band in my area starting monday. Hopefully someone breaks release date.

[quote name='TheRock88']Done with Batmang, 100%. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I wish I had that kind of time to game.
These damn Dead Space shooting gallery cheezes are pissing me off.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']We put the same glass accent tiles in my Mom's shower.[/QUOTE]

home depot ftw?

[quote name='JolietJake']Welcome back to civilization chika![/QUOTE]

now i'm gonna go crawl back in my corner.

Have to admit that mounting this thing has me nervous. I said i'd never do this because i was afraid of the TV falling.

[quote name='JolietJake']Have to admit that mounting this thing has me nervous. I said i'd never do this because i was afraid of the TV falling.[/QUOTE]
You know testing it with some twine and weighted objects alleviated many of my fears.

I've been wanting to mount mine as well. I'm afraid a decent size earthquake will knock it down.

------------

LEGO Shadow Complex :D

500x_3857153952-7d190f6ae5.jpg

Munch - did you get your dinero yet?

[quote name='st0neface']If I asked you nicely, would you go read Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Maklershed?[/QUOTE]

Sure. Although I've had The Killing Joke for a year now and haven't opened it yet.

Linkin - weren't we each gonna get a graphic novel and then trade? What did you end up getting? I forget.

[quote name='TheRock88']Done with Batmang, 100%. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Damn. That's impressive. There's a lot of collecting shit and what not that I'd never have the patience for.

[quote name='Maklershed'] Linkin - weren't we each gonna get a graphic novel and then trade? What did you end up getting? I forget.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Yeah...I forgot what I got...'The Killing Floor' I think. I haven't read it and I have no idea where its at.

I enjoy finding stuff in Batman, though I'm ready to get that gun or whatever that lets me break out glass above me. When do I get that? I'm about to enter
Killer Croc's lair

And i haven't received it yet, Mak. I'm at work now, so I'll check when I get home.

[quote name='Maklershed']Sure. Although I've had The Killing Joke for a year now and haven't opened it yet. [/QUOTE]

You need to read that, too. Unless my memory fails me, TKJ is like a 20-30 minute read, tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back