NOOOO!!! New GGCs have no coupon!

rebenns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
After being out seemingly forever, my BB got some new GGCs in. Unfortunately, they're redesigned so that they feature movies, music, and games on the same card, and have absolutely NO coupon whatsoever! This is the case at both of the BBs in my area.

On a certain level I am glad they are gone -- though I will miss them for sure.

I am sick of BB labeling the bargain seeking public as Devils, yet continuing to offer up Devil Customer enticements. Every time they malign us, they then go out and do something like the BB McDonald's promo -- which is tantamount to BB opening up their wallets and saying take "our money."

Long live the Devil Customer!

icondead.gif

If this really is the end of the GGC we have to put it in some type of CAG hall of fame. I think I have used like 30 of those things.

Just when i thought BB might take over CC in my money. They go and do this, now its a level playing field again...

Way to go BB!!

[quote name='donssword']On a certain level I am glad they are gone -- though I will miss them for sure.

I am sick of BB labeling the bargain seeking public as Devils, yet continuing to offer up Devil Customer enticements. Every time they malign us, they then go out and do something like the BB McDonald's promo -- which is tantamount to BB opening up their wallets and saying take "our money."

Long live the Devil Customer![/quote]

What is the BB McDonald's promo?

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. I know it's been at least 5 years.[/quote]

Me too. That $5 eats up their entire profit margin, doesn't it?

[quote name='javeryh']Me too. That $5 eats up their entire profit margin, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]
I don't know if you're kidding or not, but employee discount ranges between $3-$6 on the majority of games, and we pay 5% over the cost of wholesale price. And with

I just came back from two BB's in manhattan (noho and midtown) and both of them are out of the GGC. What's interesting is that two saturdays ago, the BB in midtown had like 15 of them in stock (maybe some CAGers here stocked up between then and now, eh? hehe).

I wanted to buy them so I could get Far Cry and Open Season for $14.99 a pop to trade to gamestop.

[quote name='karkyco']What is the BB McDonald's promo?[/QUOTE]

It is the annual Monopoly game that is held at McD's where you can get Best Buy coupons for anywhere from $1 to $5 off a purchase but you combine many of them to get stuff at BB.

Damn, my Best Buys have been out of them for months. I guess I'll just have to buy the music ones to piss them off and get a bunch of free months of napster or whatever it is.

Man, this sucks. I was just about to get one later this week. I just barely found out about the coupon, a few days ago too. This is like the cancelation of OPM, i had just subscribe for 2 years, then they canceled it the next month and I never got my money back or other subscriptions.

Ah well... I've been sitting on a half dozen GGCs from last summer that I haven't found a reason to use; I'll be lucky to use them all up before June. Fun while it lasted though.

re: Best Buy Bucks McDonald's Promo

Some of my co-workers sent in bulk mailing requests for the game cards by the hundreds. One co-worker alone sent in over 1000 requests for coupons in self-addressed stamped envelopes. The odds of getting $1.00 Best Buy Buck coupons is high (I am sure someone here knows the odds), like 1-in-2 or 1-in-3. My understanding is that this was all well documented on FatWallet. They even maintained a special USPS PO Box in another state to handle the volume of mailed in entries.

Many of them were able to buy MP3 players, and other electronics, which they subsequently gave as Xmas gifts or sold on ebay.

Best Buy has done this promo 2 years in a row -- and the process of getting entries via USPS is well documented online. I admire their success, but am far too lazy myself to hand address 1000 envelopes (computer printed address labels were not allowed according to contest rules), but many were printed via ink jet printers with "handwriting" style typefaces. Their efforts were heroic, and truely "stuck it" to Best Buy.

Note on the BB Monopoly pieces....Instead of sending in for them, I made many frequent runs to McDs to order 20 large friend because that was the cheapest item to get the BB bucks. I figured out the raio and it came out to be that I wouls save like 50 percent on what i bought at best buy with them.

Too bad, it was nice while it lasted. I used my last one for GHII 360.

At the very least, it was nice to have it for when you wanted to be an early adopter and you knew there wasn't going to be a sale on the game/accessory right away.

Funny, I was just at BB during lunch and they still had a couple of Xbox (original) GGCs hanging near the check out counters. Too bad it doesn't work on 360 stuff or I would've picked one up...

[quote name='donssword']re: Best Buy Bucks McDonald's Promo

Some of my co-workers sent in bulk mailing requests for the game cards by the hundreds. One co-worker alone sent in over 1000 requests for coupons in self-addressed stamped envelopes. The odds of getting $1.00 Best Buy Buck coupons is high (I am sure someone here knows the odds), like 1-in-2 or 1-in-3. My understanding is that this was all well documented on FatWallet. They even maintained a special USPS PO Box in another state to handle the volume of mailed in entries.

Many of them were able to buy MP3 players, and other electronics, which they subsequently gave as Xmas gifts or sold on ebay.

Best Buy has done this promo 2 years in a row -- and the process of getting entries via USPS is well documented online. I admire their success, but am far too lazy myself to hand address 1000 envelopes (computer printed address labels were not allowed according to contest rules), but many were printed via ink jet printers with "handwriting" style typefaces. Their efforts were heroic, and truely "stuck it" to Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

The problem was BB was being ridiculous about honoring them. I read countless stories on SD where people who sent in thousands of requests were accused of stealing the Best Buy Bucks, stores refused to let people buy IPODs even though the rules didn't state that.

I had trouble redeeming them on games even though the rules said there was no limit (other than the $200 a day limit) on video games. 3 different times I had to argue.

I sent in about 100 requests and saved some moneyt but hated the hassle of redeeming them

[quote name='donssword']re: Best Buy Bucks McDonald's Promo

Some of my co-workers sent in bulk mailing requests for the game cards by the hundreds. One co-worker alone sent in over 1000 requests for coupons in self-addressed stamped envelopes. The odds of getting $1.00 Best Buy Buck coupons is high (I am sure someone here knows the odds), like 1-in-2 or 1-in-3. My understanding is that this was all well documented on FatWallet. They even maintained a special USPS PO Box in another state to handle the volume of mailed in entries.[/quote]

At 33 cents a stamp, how does that break even?

[quote name='RollingSkull']At 33 cents a stamp, how does that break even?[/quote]
You could break even or better on those because you could also get $3 or $5 Best Buy Bucks, depending on the year ($5 in 2006, $3 in 2005). If you got really lucky, you could get the larger BBB at a near 1:2 ratio, at which point you'd be making a considerable profit.

As for the GGC, I'll miss it, but to be honest, I still have a few laying around that I've had for months. At least they have the new $5 off $19.99 PC game cards expiring in 2008, so it's not like they've completely abandoned the concept.

[quote name='G33']
As for the GGC, I'll miss it, but to be honest, I still have a few laying around that I've had for months. At least they have the new $5 off $19.99 PC game cards expiring in 2008, so it's not like they've completely abandoned the concept.[/QUOTE]

???

This is the first I've heard of these, and I'd MUCH rather use these than the Gamepro scans.

These are just regular gift cards, like the GGC, but for PC games? I've never seen these, but I haven't looked for GGC's of any sort at Best Buy in about 3 months now.

Last year's 1 in 12 for $5 was bad but I ended up getting around 10 $5 pieces it worked out well. I liked the 1 in 3 gets $3 in 2005 much better.

I think with BestBuy's cooperation with the assrag that is GamePro lately, they likley removed the GGC so as not to compete with the "exclusive" coupons they put in gamepro.

I'd say its' a fair trade, because it's much easier to print off GamePro coupons from CAG than try to buy all those damn gift cards and go through the lines again.

I'll miss ye, GGC, I wonder how many hundreds I saved over the years..

Looks like I'll be buying a lot fewer games at BB.

Actually, I probably won't be buying any games at BB!

[quote name='Rig']Looks like I'll be buying a lot fewer games at BB.

Actually, I probably won't be buying any games at BB![/quote]

Once the Gamepro coupons are gone, I probably won't either. That is, until the next coupon/deal comes along. ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']???

This is the first I've heard of these, and I'd MUCH rather use these than the Gamepro scans.

These are just regular gift cards, like the GGC, but for PC games? I've never seen these, but I haven't looked for GGC's of any sort at Best Buy in about 3 months now.[/quote]
Yeah, the coupons are on the back of the WoW-themed gift cards.

[quote name='Rig']Looks like I'll be buying a lot fewer games at BB.

Actually, I probably won't be buying any games at BB![/quote]Best Buy's already hurting for my money, even with the GGCs lying around. I've only bought 4 things there this year so far (less than $100). They need more deals.

[quote name='G33']Yeah, the coupons are on the back of the WoW-themed gift cards.[/QUOTE]

That's hot fire, thanks a ton.

It's about time we get a PC games GGC, as I could never get the old GGC for console games to work on PC games, ever.

My BB still has 10-15 of the GGC with the $5 coupon on the back as of last night. Maybe I should pick up a few though I can't think of too many games I want before the end of June.

[quote name='Dingleberry']Note on the BB Monopoly pieces....Instead of sending in for them, I made many frequent runs to McDs to order 20 large friend because that was the cheapest item to get the BB bucks. I figured out the raio and it came out to be that I wouls save like 50 percent on what i bought at best buy with them.[/QUOTE]

They even auctioned off batches of unopened game pieces on ebay.

These guys are Analysts. They knew exactly what they needed to do to work the system, and they all came out on top. They are my heroes.

Yeah, this just seemed to be a matter of time before it became reality! The Best Buys have been stocking less and less of the GCC's and stocking them less frequently! There has been talk here at CAG in other threads that the writing kind of seemed to be on the wall.

[quote name='Dingleberry']oh shit...I almost forgot that you could use the BB bucks twice: Once online, then again in store.[/QUOTE]

Yup -- they did that.

[quote name='dafunkk12']I don't know if you're kidding or not, but employee discount ranges between $3-$6 on the majority of games, and we pay 5% over the cost of wholesale price. And with

bread's done
Back