Nothing to see here

[quote name='Ikzan']This just worked for me as well.

You sir are a God among men.[/QUOTE]
I was so surprised when it actually began downloading the game. It says it required a 2-year subscription, but I just cancelled my account renewal, and I haven't been charged for anything beyond that $6.95. Funny thing is that I was going in there to complain about the charge, and that they refund me my money. But now it's like, "Whoa, thanks for the free game guys."

[quote name='funymunky']Holy crap, does this still work?[/QUOTE]

I just did this not even an hour ago of a trial account. So... yes.

I don't even have a trial account and it worked...

Edit: It signed me up for IGN Prime, but I didn't put in any payment info... Weird.

Edit 2: Redeemed. Thanks OP! I'm sure this will be taken down soon though.

Ok, I may be an idiot, but how do I sign up for the trial?

OK, I just did it without the trial, and I guess it worked! If I can truly start playing Battlefield 3, you are my hero.

[quote name='firepelt97']I don't even have a trial account and it worked...

Edit: It signed me up for IGN Prime, but I didn't put in any payment info... Weird.

Edit 2: Redeemed. Thanks OP! I'm sure this will be taken down soon though.[/QUOTE]
Well then we need to share this with the world as quickly as possible. :D

Worked perfectly. Redeemed code for my email. Made a impulse account on the site. Installed impulse app. Found Battlefield 3 under my games. Couldn't be easier.

When I try to start downloading mine, it comes up with "Error" in status. Maybe they already fixed it?

Hmph... If they've fixed it, delete this thread. Confirm that first though. Mine's at 50% and I apologize in advance if it didn't work for you.

I'm gonna try using the serial in Origin and see if that works. It could just be a problem on my end.

Using Origin seems to have worked. It's downloading now. It still seems way too good to be true, I'm literally shaking right now.

[quote name='Conkerkid11']I recently visited IGN's Support Center in order to complain about having been charged $6.95 for their monthly fee before the renewal date, and noticed near the bottom of the page "Important Information" in big red letters, and beneath it a link that will give you Battlefield 3 for free using some GameStop client, and guess what? I'm downloading Battlefield 3 for the PC for free right now, actually, for $6.95, but it may work under the trial membership.

Click This Link

Login to your Prime account, and enjoy! You might have to make a new GameStop account for the client, but it's quite easy.

For those who don't have an IGN Prime account, visit This Link to subscribe for a 30 free trial. It requires a payment method, and if you don't cancel before the renewal date, they'll charge you $6.95.[/QUOTE]

You Sir, are a very awesome person. Thank you.

I'm getting

Server Error

ACK! There's been some sort of error on the page you were trying to access.

Try using your browsers "back" button to return to where you came from.

Hate to ask... but can anyone get me a code? :S

Amazing. Thanks so much for posting OP.

EDIT: Wasn't able to get it working on Origin, but it looks like it is working on Impulse. Spoke too soon, you can redeem on Impulse and use the serial key from there to put into Origin. Hope this helps someone out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering, is there any way to give rep on this site? I can't find any buttons for it, but this guy needs some.

[quote name='Storm360']I'm getting

Server Error

ACK! There's been some sort of error on the page you were trying to access.

Try using your browsers "back" button to return to where you came from.

Hate to ask... but can anyone get me a code? :S[/QUOTE]

You have to be logged in.

Anyone think there will be bans handed out for this (on Origin, Impulse or IGN)?

Is this dead? The top link doesn't seem to be working for me, and I see no place for a free trial, only a place where I can sign up with my credit card information.

Edit: I'm having the same problem as Storm 360, how can you login without a membership?

Edit Again: If you go to IGN, you can login there. Then the first link works fine, I didn't sign up for a trial or anything.

[quote name='firepelt97']You have to be logged in.

Anyone think there will be bans handed out for this (on Origin, Impulse or IGN)?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, if it's easily accessible to the public like that. I don't have anything on my Origin or Impulse account anyways :p

Holy shit! it worked with my account. If you're receiving an error, clear cookies on your browser.

THANKS OP!

[quote name='chickenbutt']I think I got it without even having a trial account with the link from TS.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I was just signed in to my normal IGN account. They don't have my CC information on file, so there's no way they could charge me. :D

Damn it. SO CLOSE. Was going to play this with a buddy of mine on PC, fuuuuuck.

I guess I'll just buy it later, can't afford it right now. :/

[quote name='AlphaPanda']When I tried "Click This Link", it brought me to an error page.

Please don't tell me I missed this by a couple minutes.[/QUOTE]
You have to log into your IGN account. It doesn't even need to be a Prime account, I got it without it being Prime.

Thanks OP, thank you SO much.
For new people:
Click the first link
Open a new tab with the "Redeem Code"
Copy it and add the code, along with your e-mail(You'll use this to make a new account), and the captcha
Download and Install Impulse
Create a new account with Impulse(After the username and password it will ask you for the e-mail, use the same one you used with the code)
Wait for Impulse to log you in, go to "My games" and right-click Battlefield 3
Click "View Registration"
Click "Copy to clipboard"
Open up Origin and Ctrl+V the code in the "Redeem Product Key" section.
Enjoy your free BF3.

Here's some proof:
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8417/thanksbro.png

[quote name='soliunasm']You have to log into your IGN account. It doesn't even need to be a Prime account, I got it without it being Prime.

Thanks OP, thank you SO much.
For new people:
Click the first link
Open a new tab with the "Redeem Code"
Copy it and add the code, along with your e-mail(You'll use this to make a new account), and the captcha
Download and Install Impulse
Create a new account with Impulse(After the username and password it will ask you for the e-mail, use the same one you used with the code)
Wait for Impulse to log you in, go to "My games" and right-click Battlefield 3
Click "View Registration"
Click "Copy to clipboard"
Open up Origin and Ctrl+V the code in the "Redeem Product Key" section.
Enjoy your free BF3.

Here's some proof:
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8417/thanksbro.png
[/QUOTE]

I seriously must have missed it by 2 minutes, I logged in and then it said that the keys are unavailable now.

Well shit.

Is this still working for people? Why isn't it working for me? :(

Depressin.

Edit: I guess not. Can't believe I missed out on it by so close of a margin. Thank you for the heads-up regardless, OP, hope people who got their copies enjoy em.

[quote name='Death31133']Thanks alot!!!! I put the serial key from Impluse on Origin and now downloading it.[/QUOTE]

So you can download it from Origin instead of Impulse? What are the advantages of doing that?

[quote name='trogoldito']So you can download it from Origin instead of Impulse? What are the advantages of doing that?[/QUOTE]

Well this game requires Origin so a direct download on it should be better.

[quote name='Death31133']Well this game requires Origin so a direct download on it should be better.[/QUOTE]

I see. So if I download it with Impulse I will need to run both Impulse and Origin every time I play.

Thanks for the tip. I wonder if I can still cancel my download through Impulse and download on Origin instead.

I checked the support page and it looks like this was intended as a 2-year subscription bonus. It now reads:

"If you have not yet redeemed your Battlefield 3 game that comes with your IGN Prime 2 year subscription please see instructions below:"

No wonder they took it down in such a hurry.

bread's done
Back