Nothing to see here

I've noticed that, with all this IGN prime stuff, I'm signed into one of those multiple accounts during the key fuck-up and I can still access all this stuff. I'm not signed up for IGN prime and it gives me a key when I head to the page.

I think this might just work regardless, unless I'm somehow signed up for IGN prime with no payment option on this account.

Edit: This King Arthur game looks beyond stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Klex']It is worked.

Actually it is 12 days free trial:

Prime - 7 Day Free Trial
Current Term Ends: 11/29/2011

Subscription: IGN Prime
Billed: Twelve Day
Expiration: 11/29/2011[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Did you have to change payment methods for the new 7-day trial? Or were you able to use the same credit card or paypal account that you used for your 30-day trial?

[quote name='The End']Thanks for the reply. Did you have to change payment methods for the new 7-day trial? Or were you able to use the same credit card or paypal account that you used for your 30-day trial?[/QUOTE]

I used same paypal account which i used for 30 day trial.
I'm wondering if i create new IGN account can i get again 7 day trial with same paypal account?

[quote name='Klex']I used same paypal account which i used for 30 day trial.
I'm wondering if i create new IGN account can i get again 7 day trial with same paypal account?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. The answer to your second question is no.

Back when I first signed up for my 30-day trial, I created a second account to see if I could have two 30-day trials at the same time. I tried to use the same paypal account for the second one that I had used for the first, and it wouldn't let me get away with it. I probably could have gotten the 2nd 30-day trial if I gave them my debit card, but I just didn't want the codes badly enough to give them that card info. I doubt that they've changed that in the past 3 weeks. So as long as you're only willing to give them your paypal info (as I was), then it's a no go.

So my 30-day trial wasn't supposed to expire until this coming Friday. I hadn't as yet shut off auto-renew for prime because it made it seem like if you turn off auto-renew, you cancel your prime membership. This might not have been true, but that's how I interpreted it. I was planning to wait until Thursday (thanksgiving) to shut off auto-renew just to see what other freebies I might be able to get.

Just checked my email and see that they've already charged me for next month. I had another 3 or 4 days left before my 30-trial was to expire, but they charged me early.

I have submitted a complaint to them and asked for a refund (which I'm pretty sure I'll get). But I just thought that I'd point this out to anyone out there who like me, had a 30-trial and didn't turn off the auto-renew. Don't wait until the last minute to turn it off, because they apparently charge you before the 30 days are up.

[quote name='The End']So my 30-day trial wasn't supposed to expire until this coming Friday. I hadn't as yet shut off auto-renew for prime because it made it seem like if you turn off auto-renew, you cancel your prime membership. This might not have been true, but that's how I interpreted it. I was planning to wait until Thursday (thanksgiving) to shut off auto-renew just to see what other freebies I might be able to get.

Just checked my email and see that they've already charged me for next month. I had another 3 or 4 days left before my 30-trial was to expire, but they charged me early.

I have submitted a complaint to them and asked for a refund (which I'm pretty sure I'll get). But I just thought that I'd point this out to anyone out there who like me, had a 30-trial and didn't turn off the auto-renew. Don't wait until the last minute to turn it off, because they apparently charge you before the 30 days are up.[/QUOTE]

Turned mine off the day that I got it, had the trial for a full 30 days.

[quote name='atreyuevr']Turned mine off the day that I got it, had the trial for a full 30 days.[/QUOTE]

The moral of the story is, turn off auto-renew ASAP. I now know that there's no downside to turning it off, and you get charged before the 30 days is up (somewhere around day 25, it seems).

Or if you've signed up to one of the newer 7-day trails, they'll probably charge you a day or two into it. So turn it off.

i checked my account right after i signed up for the 30 days. Said the charge date was 5 days b4 the last day of my free trial. I assume it was the same for you. so, i waited till 6 days, and canceled. worked perfect 4 me

[quote name='The End']The moral of the story is, turn off auto-renew ASAP. I now know that there's no downside to turning it off, and you get charged before the 30 days is up (somewhere around day 25, it seems).

Or if you've signed up to one of the newer 7-day trails, they'll probably charge you a day or two into it. So turn it off.[/QUOTE]

If you check Subscription Management page you can see billing date is before "Current Term Ends" date. When peoples try to turn off auto renew date they tricking peoples like it will completely turn off your ign prime but it is not. So you can turn off auto renew and still continue to use ign prime for 7 or 30 days. I must find way to get new 7 day trial :(
If they release good game and if i can't get new trial this will be annoying :D

[quote name='The End']The moral of the story is, turn off auto-renew ASAP.[/QUOTE]The moral of the story is to read the user agreement which stipulated the charge would be made 5 days prior to the end of the trial. In addition to shutting off auto-renew.

FWIW, I didn't find out until I'd been charged either, so we both failed. They don't give refunds (also in the user agreement) so I didn't even try. I've thrown away $7 on worse. Though not much worse.

Funny thing is that's the only reason I stumbled upon the Battlefield 3 codes in the first place. They charged my five days before my subscription was going to end, so I went straight to support in order to resolve this issue, and found the link right there on their support page. I never ended up filling out a support form. Thanks for the free stuff IGN. Though their Prime service is still horrible.

[quote name='firepelt97']BF3 and AC:R were removed from my Impulse account[/QUOTE]
If this is true this doesn't bode well. Will be interesting to see if they pull the games from Origin now.

[quote name='soliunasm']If this is true this doesn't bode well. Will be interesting to see if they pull the games from Origin now.[/QUOTE]

They could remove the games from impulse. But for BF3 if you still have the serial code for BF3 and it gets removed from your origin page contact EA support.

I dont know if ACR works through origin or not.

[quote name='firepelt97']BF3 and AC:R were removed from my Impulse account[/QUOTE]
Battlefield 3 hasn't been removed from my account, and I doubt it will. These were legitimate copies of the game, and the only reason they will be removed is if IGN is planning on re-releasing this 2-Year Subscription deal.

I never had AC:R in my account. Emailed support about it.

Edit From Impulse Community:

"I have sent PM's to some of those affected. If you received your code via IGN you will need to contact IGN via your Prime account.

If you purchased to pre-ordered the game directly though GameStop without a promo code, please email [email protected]

Cheers,

Jonathan"

Seems to be dead for AC:R.

Origin for BF3 still works.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be more clear, it never actually showed AC:R under my games (I don't think it's supposed to anyways).

AC:R did show up in my previous orders though.

Today is release day and it didn't show up in my account so I guess it's been removed.

Edit: Yeah BF3 does still work in Origin.

Well apparently you can't play BF3 anymore from this. I bought one of these codes from someone and now it has been removed from my game library and Origin support says the game has been banned for being a fraudulent key. What a waste and Origin is now boycotted. Completely shitty service anyway.

BF3 isn't in my Origin client anymore, not sure about Impulse because I uninstalled that the moment I got the CD-Key. Oh well, will have to buy it at a later date I suppose.

[quote name='thegreatest']Well apparently you can't play BF3 anymore from this. I bought one of these codes from someone and now it has been removed from my game library and Origin support says the game has been banned for being a fraudulent key. What a waste and Origin is now boycotted. Completely shitty service anyway.[/QUOTE]

How would origin know the cd-key is fraudulent? It was a legit cd key.

Apparently they are banning our accounts too. I called EA to try to get it back and the guy said my account was banned AND the game was deactivated because it was "obtained through fraudulent means". He also said it has gone to the top with an investigation and there is really nothing that can be done about it.

So we lost our accounts and the games. Sweet Origin, maybe you should keep track of your codes a little better instead of punishing the consumer.

Well, I still have my game and account. I hope that doesn't change, because I have other games on that account.

Just checked my account, it's still there, I guess it remains to be seen how long.

Are they banning our EA accounts completely? For example, this EA account which has Battlefield 3 also has my Xbox gamertag linked to it and is my Battlelog account and all that. Is ALL of that getting banned if I'm part of it?

I don't see how they can legitimately go about banning accounts when they have no idea how people got these codes. I doubt everyone who redeemed one yoinked it right from the IGN site. I'm sure friends gave them to other friends who had no idea what the case really is, for instance. It's unfair and it's bad business. Valve was smart enough not to do it with DiRT3 and Eets and other exploited games. Thoug hI guess expecting them to be that smart would be expecting too much of EA.

I wonder how they'll respond to the other codes that got leaked. I still have codes for months of OnLive playpass, and it'll suck if I lose all my GameFly time. But I also imagine things like those might be harder to revoke.

It turns out they aren't banning accounts, you will just need to create another account for BF3 because the bad codes stick with your account and it won't let you redeem two codes for the same game. Everything that is legitimate in your account is safe.

My question is that since the bad codes were for the standard edition and I just bought a limited edition can I use the Limited Edition code on the same account and not lose anything since the standard and limited are separate games on Origin?

[quote name='thegreatest']It turns out they aren't banning accounts, you will just need to create another account for BF3 because the bad codes stick with your account and it won't let you redeem two codes for the same game. Everything that is legitimate in your account is safe.

My question is that since the bad codes were for the standard edition and I just bought a limited edition can I use the Limited Edition code on the same account and not lose anything since the standard and limited are separate games on Origin?[/QUOTE]
Couldn't you just ask them to tie a new CD-Key to the same account? It seems like it would be pretty easy.

[quote name='soliunasm']Couldn't you just ask them to tie a new CD-Key to the same account? It seems like it would be pretty easy.[/QUOTE]

I tried but they said they won't remove CD keys from accounts and you can't have 2 keys for the same game. They pretty much are just trying to make everyone who got it through this deal buy it and start from scratch.

[quote name='thegreatest']I tried but they said they won't remove CD keys from accounts and you can't have 2 keys for the same game. They pretty much are just trying to make everyone who got it through this deal buy it and start from scratch.[/QUOTE]
I'm not quite sure what you guys are trying to do here, get the perks from the Limited Edition? Just buy the map pack, as that was the only worthwhile perk. Not worth spending a full $60 when you could get the same for just $10.

No...

People who lost the copy they got for free are trying to find ways to activate a legit copy on the same account so they don't lose any rank progress but you can't.

I'm debating whether or not I should actually play mine or not for a while. Maybe I'm just lucky and should lay low...

IGN probably gave them a list of their codes that they gave out. The people who were supposed to get them will probably get a new one since if I remember correctly a lot of the people that actually paid for the service didn't get one to begin with because they were all gone.

[quote name='funymunky']Frankly, I don't know how they could have caught anyone anyways. How do they know how we got our codes?[/QUOTE]

Easy, IGN could have reported them to Origin who, in turn, banned them. My question is: You guys paid for these codes, right? If so, will they be refunding your money? If not, I believe that to be grounds of legal action.

[quote name='thegreatest']Most people just got them free on the IGN site. I traded for one and the guy I traded with was more than happy to give me some paypal[/QUOTE]

Oh lol... Well, then there's nothing you can do. =/

bread's done
Back