[Now online] EBGames/Gamestop After Holiday Sale 12/26 (1 Day & 3 Day Sale, & more)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Now online

1 Day Sale valid Monday 12/26
True Crime New York PS2/XB/GC $29.99
Gun PS2/XB/GC $29.99
Call of Duty Big Red One PS2/XB/GC $29.99
Call of Duty 2 PC $29.99
The Movies PC $29.99
Quake 4 PC $29.99
Tony Hawk American Wasteland PS2/XB/GC $29.99

3 Day Sale valid Monday 12/26 - Wed 12/28

your choice $14.99

Need For Speed Underground 2 PS2/XB/GC/PC Syphon Filter TOS PS2
Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2/XB/GC
World Series of Poker PS2/XB/GC
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GC
X-Men Legends PS2/XB/GC
The Incredibles PS2/XB/GC
Jak 3 PS2
Namco 50th Anniversary Edition PS2/GC/XB
Sponge Bob The Movie PS2/XB/Gc
Sonic Mega Collection Plus PS2/XB

your choice $24.99
DOOM 3 XB
Getaway Black Monday PS2
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2 Ps2/XB/GC
Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life GC
American Chopper 2 PS2/XB/GC

Buy 3 Pre-Played Games or DVDs and Get 1 Free 3 days only
Coupon code BUY3GET1.

Regular Sale valid Monday 12/26 - 1/2/06
World of Warcraft PC $29.99
Blitz The League PS2/XB $29.99
Mortal Kombat Shaloin Monks PS2/XB $39.99
Plug N Play Games SAVE $5 instantly

TRADE IN DEALS valid Monday 12/26 - 1/17/2006

Trade in 3 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 10% trade in credit
Trade in 4 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 20% trade in credit
Trade in 5 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 30% trade in credit

so for the 30% extra credit, can i trade in 3 games of the same title? or there are exclusions? also if i want cash for my games do they take like 20% off ur values or what/

Nothing too great. I won't trade again with EB or GameStop unless they do the $5 extra credit instead of the percentages. Their trade-in prices are insulting even with the 10 to 30% extra. Good prices for buying their games though.

So dumb question, the percentages are tacked on with everyone right? Not 30% per game if you're trading in 5? (Wishful thinking I suppose)

[quote name='Quigoni']So dumb question, the percentages are tacked on with everyone right? Not 30% per game if you're trading in 5? (Wishful thinking I suppose)[/QUOTE]
1*30%*5 = 5*30% ;)

does this apply to the instore only? or does this apply online as well?

Darn, i could've sworn I saw around here a $10 off ps2 game 50 bucks or more coupon code somewhere a while back at this site...

Okay, don't get me wrong, but, buy 3 get 1 free blows. They JUST had a buy 2 get 1 free sale a week or so ago. They are probably trying to cash in on fact that people people will have Christmas money.

I keep looking at it this way...
Say you got $50 for Christmas that you want to spend on games...
Buy 2 Get 1 free means you could buy 4 games at $10.00 each, get 2 free for a total of 6 games for $40 + tax.
Or...
Buy 3 Get 1 free means you could buy 3 games at $15.00 each, get 1 free for a total of 4 games for $45 + tax.

Which is better?
6 for $40, or 4 for $45?
You do the math... :}

Then again, I'm an OG when it comes to being cheap...lol.
I'll just wait until they bring back the old Buy 2 Get 1 free sale, or, drop the prices of the "old" generation XBOX games. Better yet, I'll wait until the drop the prices and THEN have a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale...mwuahahah...hehe.

I don't understand your logic. Shouldn't the price of the games remain constant in both examples. In your second example you are buying 3 $15 games - those games are "better" than $10 games.

For your second example you should buy the same 4 games for the same $10...

Buy 3 Get 1 free means you could buy 4 games at $10.00 each, get 1 free for a total of 5 games for $40 + tax.

Obviously, you're still right that you get more games with a buy 2 get 1 free... but at least you're comparing apples to apples...

Which is better?
6 for $40, or 5 for $40?

Or, did I miss your point completely?

[quote name='STATIC3D']Okay, don't get me wrong, but, buy 3 get 1 free blows. They JUST had a buy 2 get 1 free sale a week or so ago. They are probably trying to cash in on fact that people people will have Christmas money.

I keep looking at it this way...
Say you got $50 for Christmas that you want to spend on games...
Buy 2 Get 1 free means you could buy 4 games at $10.00 each, get 2 free for a total of 6 games for $40 + tax.
Or...
Buy 3 Get 1 free means you could buy 3 games at $15.00 each, get 1 free for a total of 4 games for $45 + tax.

Which is better?
6 for $40, or 4 for $45?
You do the math... :}

Then again, I'm an OG when it comes to being cheap...lol.
I'll just wait until they bring back the old Buy 2 Get 1 free sale, or, drop the prices of the "old" generation XBOX games. Better yet, I'll wait until the drop the prices and THEN have a Buy 2 Get 1 free sale...mwuahahah...hehe.[/QUOTE]

just wanted to specify something.
I just got this holiday email for these offers and on two games(Tony Hawk and GUN) they do not give any distincitions.
However, they do say that the Quake 4 is for pc only only.
I think that you might be able to get Gun and Tony Hawk for 360 at the 20 dollar off price in store.
Anyone following this logic?

I didn't see this posted, so sorry if If this is a repost, but I got an E-mail from Gamestop today saying that all Sony and MGM UMDs for the PSP will be buy 1 get 1 free 12/26 - 1/08.

cheapfrag,

Yeah, I know the $10 games may not be as "good" as the $15 ones...but...the ones that are $10 now, were $15 at one point too. :}

Just because it's more expensive doesn't mean it's "better" (sometimes just newer or in smaller supply, thus the higher price). I mean, I'm gonna get the SAME level of gameplay fun out of a game if I spend $15 for it as I am if I spend $10 for it. So, why not get the better deal and only spend $10 for it, which leaves me $5 towards the next title? hehe :}

The argument of but 2 get 1 vs. buy 3 get 1 is stupid because it is obvious which is better. It still isn't a bad sale though. If you are going to buy 3 games wouldn't you want one free also? Exactly.

[quote name='Starky27']WTF @ Mega Man X Collection being advertised in the Gamecube section.[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing the problem. The game is coming out for the PS2 AND GCN.

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up:

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Hunter: The Reckoning
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Enclave

They had 4 games I wanted and it came to $31.xx in total after the code and edge card.

The deals that are claimed to be valid on the 26th (today) aren't really valid. Call of Duty 2 (console and PC) is $49.99.

It gave me the sale price for need for speed underground 2 for gamecube (for ebgames.com). I used the used game trick to get free shipping so i put a NES game in there for 1.99 and used the SAVER, edge card and CAG 15 codes.

If its in the ad it should be vaild.

bread's done
Back