[Now online] EBGames/Gamestop After Holiday Sale 12/26 (1 Day & 3 Day Sale, & more)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Now online

1 Day Sale valid Monday 12/26
True Crime New York PS2/XB/GC $29.99
Gun PS2/XB/GC $29.99
Call of Duty Big Red One PS2/XB/GC $29.99
Call of Duty 2 PC $29.99
The Movies PC $29.99
Quake 4 PC $29.99
Tony Hawk American Wasteland PS2/XB/GC $29.99

3 Day Sale valid Monday 12/26 - Wed 12/28

your choice $14.99

Need For Speed Underground 2 PS2/XB/GC/PC Syphon Filter TOS PS2
Call of Duty Finest Hour PS2/XB/GC
World Series of Poker PS2/XB/GC
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles GC
X-Men Legends PS2/XB/GC
The Incredibles PS2/XB/GC
Jak 3 PS2
Namco 50th Anniversary Edition PS2/GC/XB
Sponge Bob The Movie PS2/XB/Gc
Sonic Mega Collection Plus PS2/XB

your choice $24.99
DOOM 3 XB
Getaway Black Monday PS2
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2 Ps2/XB/GC
Harvest Moon Another Wonderful Life GC
American Chopper 2 PS2/XB/GC

Buy 3 Pre-Played Games or DVDs and Get 1 Free 3 days only
Coupon code BUY3GET1.

Regular Sale valid Monday 12/26 - 1/2/06
World of Warcraft PC $29.99
Blitz The League PS2/XB $29.99
Mortal Kombat Shaloin Monks PS2/XB $39.99
Plug N Play Games SAVE $5 instantly

TRADE IN DEALS valid Monday 12/26 - 1/17/2006

Trade in 3 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 10% trade in credit
Trade in 4 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 20% trade in credit
Trade in 5 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 30% trade in credit

TRADE IN DEALS valid Monday 12/26 - 1/17/2006
Trade in 3 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 10% trade in credit
Trade in 4 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 20% trade in credit
Trade in 5 Video Games and GET an EXTRA 30% trade in credit

Exclusions and/or limitations?

The Movies can be a lot of fun, but the tycoon part is probably what you should focus on in deciding whether to buy it, since I found the movie-making tools to be very limited...with a LOT of patience, you MIGHT be able to make SOMETHING original, but its very rigid. I was hoping to have full control over camera movements and placement, actor movements and placement, and that kind of stuff, and you really don't. Its like the "stadium builder" they added a few seasons ago to the Madden series...they said there were a ton of possibilities, but in the end, its a smaller number since a lot of things you have control over barely change the movie at all (such as night or day, which only tweaks the lighting ever so slightly).

The tycoon part of the game was actually really well done, aside from some building-mode issues, but the draw is supposed to be that you can "make your own movie", and it really doesn't feel that way after a lot of play time.

Too bad the sale isn't on the 360 version of Call of Duty 2. Oh well, there are 4 copies of it that ppl traded in at my store and 2 are still sealed.

I hate it when they recycle deals. Either drop the price permanently or drop it with each successive sale, dumbasses! If you keep having to put it on sale, that means it isn't good enough!!

TRU bins stuffed to the gills with FF:CC at $9.99, and these guys have the balls to call $14.99 a sale price. fuck off.

[quote name='MrMaddness']It's not them that keeps dropping the price, is Actvision. Ever notice it's only their games that are ever on sale?[/QUOTE]

I mean there are a lot of "deals" here that are exactly the same as Black Friday, or some early December sale. I didn't even realize they went off of sale, and now there's a "3-day sale" with... Namco Museum at $14.99! Just like last week! What?

True Crime New York XB $29.99
Gun /XB
The Movies PC
Tony Hawk American Wasteland PS2

I might get these depending on what I get for Christmas. If not all at least Tony Hawk and Gun.

This topic further implies the war on Christmas!

Anyway, I might pick up The Movies, depending on what I get for Christmas

I like how the normal price for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is $15 and yet the day after Christmas it's a sale? lol

[quote name='illennium'][/u]

:cry:

I hope this is not a permanent change from B2G1, or my days of buying DVDs at GameStop are over...[/QUOTE]

Its not trust me

I hate it when they recycle deals. Either drop the price permanently or drop it with each successive sale, dumbasses! If you keep having to put it on sale, that means it isn't good enough!!

&

It's not them that keeps dropping the price, is Actvision. Ever notice it's only their games that are ever on sale?

They only make sales for short times cause thats how long activison allows them too.. Its not there fault a company like activision doesnt drop the price universally. Gamestop doesnt exactly have EVERY say on prices.. if that were the case they would be out of business if they kept activision new releases at 29.99

Also its only on activison mainly this year cause they signed the most insane deal with gamestop stores to advertise etc etc.. If you havent noticed this year the signage at any gamestop store for games like Ultimate Spiderman, Tony hawk, quake 4, the movies, and call of duty have been absolutley insane..

reason? Activision dished out tons of money for this deal (and its paying off.. there sales are up this year maybe not just because of gamestop but every bit helps)

I saw that EBGames had a 15% off used games deal today. However, Suikoden III is not listed. Seems convenient that the more rare used games of theirs are always not on their website during these sorts of deals.

[quote name='KnightofHearts']These "deals" are horrible. I hope next year they'll have some solid 360 trade in deals.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. These deals blow, thanks anyways OP.

[quote name='vietgurl']Too bad the sale isn't on the 360 version of Call of Duty 2. Oh well, there are 4 copies of it that ppl traded in at my store and 2 are still sealed.[/QUOTE]

At the rockridge store? I want one.

[quote name='theeipi']Anyone know the trade in value for XBOX 360 games? Especially the ones that retail for $60 new?[/QUOTE]

Lowest as of last week was $22 and the highest is $30, but EB is doing trade any 2 360 games and get 1 free. Just depends if you think thats worth it, but with the bonus trade value it might end up being better than that deal.

Are they ever doing the trade in X number of games get ________ for free deal again? The last game I remember was GT4. Have some junk games to trade in.

[quote name='friedram']Unfortunatly- this one gets a big "meh" from me at least.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Thanks for the info though.

Wait...is there a certain time you have to get there for the 1 day sale (like 6 am - 12 pm)? Or is it just one whole day?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Wait...is there a certain time you have to get there for the 1 day sale (like 6 am - 12 pm)? Or is it just one whole day?[/QUOTE]

the whole day

I just picked up Quake so I will pass on that, but I will probably nab CoD 2 since my friend already has it, and it would be nice to get another game to play online together aside from Battlefield and Unreal

will also probably nab WoW

I figured Call of Duty 2: Big Red One would of been on sale for $29.99, since Finest Hour was during the After Holiday sale last year, good that I waited.

I missed the COD 2 PC at BB last week, so the $29.99 price looks to be the best out right now. Hopefully I am near a GS/EB on the 26th.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']Should I pick up Big Red One for Xbox? How long will it be till I see a deal better than 29.99?[/QUOTE]

Actually you could go to Bestbuy this week and pick it up for $25 bucks AC. It is on sale this week for $35 and if you aren't able to catch the regular edition the Collector's Edition is the same price. That also works on Tony Hawk too because it is apart of the same sale.

If this a preview of things to come from EB/Gamestop I will probably not have to buy anything in their stores for a nice long while.

[quote name='cdeener']Actually you could go to Bestbuy this week and pick it up for $25 bucks AC. It is on sale this week for $35 and if you aren't able to catch the regular edition the Collector's Edition is the same price. That also works on Tony Hawk too because it is apart of the same sale.

If this a preview of things to come from EB/Gamestop I will probably not have to buy anything in their stores for a nice long while.[/QUOTE]

I see how i coiuld get it for 30 after couponk, with the 10$ off any game oever 29.99, but its on sale for 39.99, how do I get that extra 5 off?

bread's done
Back