(Now thru 12/21) The Complete Yu Yu Hakusho Blu-Ray Collection for $65 @ RightStuf!!!

JoePianist

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a head's up on a VERY tempting "while supplies last" offer if you've been holding out on getting the "Yu Yu Hakusho" Blu-Ray volumes. All four seasons of the digitally remastered "Yu Yu Hakusho" series on Blu-Ray for the LOW price of $65 PLUS FREE US SHIPPING!! Plus, it comes with a nifty Funimation tote bag :cool:

Even if you do buy these volumes separately on Amazon with Prime's 2-day free shipping (we'll say that the average price per volume on Amazon is around $23), you'll still save about $25 by getting them all together on RightStuf.

I was going to save my money for the "After Thanksgiving Sales" and "Cyber Monday" deals, but I caved-in and got this bundle while it's still being offered.....this is definitely a deal at the level of a "Black Friday" offer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ssjmichael']Just sold my DVD's on ebay for $60, so after fees I have ~$50 towards this.

Just a quick question (or three), How does Rightstuf ship their products? They have an estimate of 2-6 weeks, which seems pretty long. I'm guessing Media Mail? Additionally, do they provide tracking info?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to forgive me if I'm wrong since I haven't ordered from them in over two years.

1. Media Mail
2. Back when I last placed an order they did provide tracking numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's long enough if you picked free shipping and your items were instock the day you ordered. They always give tracking numbers.

A package was sent exactly last week, and I got it Friday. How's that for speed?

The plus side for Rightstuf shipping is that they pack the hell out of your package, so even though it'll take a bit longer, you should be pretty worry free as far as how they ship your product over.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I saw that auction the other day, I think the person said they're selling them to get money to buy a wedding gown, lol[/QUOTE]

YES! That's the auction hahaha.

[quote name='Darknuke']I wish they'd do something like this for Bleach, Naruto, or DBZ.[/QUOTE]

If those series were actually shorter or on blu-ray, they probably would have already. :p

Thanks a lot for sharing this, was planning to buy all four of them when they get cheaper but this perfect. I hope they do a bundle for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

[quote name='Squarehard']If those series were actually shorter or on blu-ray, they probably would have already. :p[/QUOTE]

Dbz just got released on bluray, today actually. All of them come in pretty affordable box sets, the only reason there are soo many is because the shows are way longer than hakusho.

[quote name='Darknuke']I wish they'd do something like this for Bleach, Naruto, or DBZ. I could care less about this show =/[/QUOTE] maybe if you watched yuyu hakusho you'd see how Kubo blatantly ripped it off to make bleach and somehow made it inferior.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Dbz just got released on bluray, today actually. All of them come in pretty affordable box sets, the only reason there are soo many is because the shows are way longer than hakusho.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but only the first is out. ;P

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, but only the first is out. ;P[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its gonna be awhile before the whole thing of course. It looks like 18 bluray releases for the entire series with 2 per level, judging by the back of the copy I got in the mail right after posted last.

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Yeah, its gonna be awhile before the whole thing of course. It looks like 18 bluray releases for the entire series with 2 per level, judging by the back of the copy I got in the mail right after posted last.[/QUOTE]

I'm jumping for joy for the completed release...in 2013. :p

[quote name='Vash1306']Thanks a lot for sharing this, was planning to buy all four of them when they get cheaper but this perfect. I hope they do a bundle for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.[/QUOTE]

I'm crossing my fingers for a Brotherhood Blu-Ray Bundle as well

Aren't these just upconverts though? Yes theyt *look* better, but they are not re-scans of the original cells or whatever these cartoons were originally done on like the old Looney Tunes and Charlie Brown, please correect me as I would love to get them. But with the DVD's easily had at Amazon last I checked for about $10-12 this is a hard sell for me.

[quote name='b3b0p']Aren't these just upconverts though? Yes theyt *look* better, but they are not re-scans of the original cells or whatever these cartoons were originally done on like the old Looney Tunes and Charlie Brown, please correect me as I would love to get them. But with the DVD's easily had at Amazon last I checked for about $10-12 this is a hard sell for me.[/QUOTE]

With the "$10-12" per season USED DVDs on Amazon you're looking at, you're not factoring in the $2.98 shipping costs for each season.

This bundle would be about $16.25 per Blu-ray season and free shipping. Plus it is definitely NOT just an upconvert.

I already ordered mine when I first saw this post, and I keep checking it to see if anyone has heard about it shipping or has gotten theirs.

But then I saw that comparison video and it kicked the nostalgia drive into high gear and I want this about 100x more than I did a few days ago. I hate all of you, the wait is killing me lol

[quote name='Vampjoe']I already ordered mine when I first saw this post, and I keep checking it to see if anyone has heard about it shipping or has gotten theirs.

But then I saw that comparison video and it kicked the nostalgia drive into high gear and I want this about 100x more than I did a few days ago. I hate all of you, the wait is killing me lol[/QUOTE]

According to RightStuf customer service, these are on backorder until on or around Nov. 22. I assume they don't actually have stock yet since Vol. 4 doesn't release until the end of the month.

[quote name='Indecisive Rattle']With the "$10-12" per season USED DVDs on Amazon you're looking at, you're not factoring in the $2.98 shipping costs for each season.

This bundle would be about $16.25 per Blu-ray season and free shipping. Plus it is definitely NOT just an upconvert.[/QUOTE]

I did the math after I posted and bought the set.

On Amazon, I was seing the new volumes for $8.99 and $9.99 not long ago.

I've been a Prime subscriber from since Prime was first introduced, so shipping is already paid for.

[quote name='b3b0p']I did the math after I posted and bought the set.

On Amazon, I was seing the new volumes for $8.99 and $9.99 not long ago.

I've been a Prime subscriber from since Prime was first introduced, so shipping is already paid for.[/QUOTE]

The DVD sets are all around $15-$22 directly from Amazon. It would cost you $71.28 to buy them right now.

Of course, you can get them cheaper elsewhere. I know volumes 3 and 4 pop up for about $8 each on Walmart's website from time-to-time, but I've never seen volume 2 new for less than $17, though.

And while they're all about $11-$12 used on Amazon, those are third party sellers, where your prime membership doesn't apply. You'll be paying an extra $2.98 on each set. So at that point, it isn't going to be much cheaper than just buying the superior Blu-ray set from RightStuf.

Which, now that I've posted this, I've re-read your post and realized that you've already bought the Blu-rays. Hahahahaha. I'm smart. ^^;

I don't know why we're even comparing the prices of the DVD's to the Blu-ray as if they're even on the same level. The Blu-rays should cost more because it looks a million times better than the DVD's. I've gone through a season and a half of it on DVD and I can say without a doubt that the screens and videos I'm seeing of the HD remasters show a huge difference and one worth upgrading for.

Rightstuf is selling it for a price that's on par with, or at the very least just a small amount extra than the DVD's. If you have a BD player and have any interest in the show, it's a no-brainer to get in on this deal instead of the DVD's

[quote name='ssjmichael']I don't know why we're even comparing the prices of the DVD's to the Blu-ray as if they're even on the same level. The Blu-rays should cost more because it looks a million times better than the DVD's. I've gone through a season and a half of it on DVD and I can say without a doubt that the screens and videos I'm seeing of the HD remasters show a huge difference and one worth upgrading for.

Rightstuf is selling it for a price that's on par with, or at the very least just a small amount extra than the DVD's. If you have a BD player and have any interest in the show, it's a no-brainer to get in on this deal instead of the DVD's[/QUOTE]I'm in complete agreement that the BD versions are head and shoulders better than the DVD counterparts.

Some reviews to drive this point home:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Yu-Yu-Hakusho-Season-One-Blu-ray/18017/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Yu-Yu-Hakusho-Season-Two-Blu-ray/23072/#Review
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Yu-Yu-Hakusho-Season-Three-Blu-ray/25592/#Review

[quote name='SeanAmI']Does the Rightstuf membership coupon stack? I am interested in getting the membership if it stacks.[/QUOTE]

The product page says it is excluded from membership discounts.

[quote name='Hao']The DVD sets are all around $15-$22 directly from Amazon. It would cost you $71.28 to buy them right now.

Of course, you can get them cheaper elsewhere. I know volumes 3 and 4 pop up for about $8 each on Walmart's website from time-to-time, but I've never seen volume 2 new for less than $17, though.

And while they're all about $11-$12 used on Amazon, those are third party sellers, where your prime membership doesn't apply. You'll be paying an extra $2.98 on each set. So at that point, it isn't going to be much cheaper than just buying the superior Blu-ray set from RightStuf.

Which, now that I've posted this, I've re-read your post and realized that you've already bought the Blu-rays. Hahahahaha. I'm smart. ^^;[/QUOTE]
If you watch the DVDs on Amazon they regularly drop down to $9.99 each, give or take a $1. Directly from Amazon too, brand new.

[quote name='b3b0p']If you watch the DVDs on Amazon they regularly drop down to $9.99 each, give or take a $1. Directly from Amazon too, brand new.[/QUOTE]

That really isn't true at all. I check the prices of the DVD's often and they don't regularly drop to $9.99 (give or take $1) directly from Amazon. Even during sales they rarely drop that low.

But hey don't take my word for it, let's check out CamelCamelCemel. Granted they miss some sales (like say lightning deals or something) but for the most part their tracking is very reliable:

Season 1 (lowest: $13.49)
Season 2 (lowest: $13.49)
Season 3 (lowest: $10.99)
Season 4 (lowest: $11.49)

None of those sales that are even close to $9.99 have been on a regular basis either, they were for very limited periods according to the graphs. So are you claiming you're correct and CCC is wrong?

[quote name='ssjmichael']That really isn't true at all. I check the prices of the DVD's often and they don't regularly drop to $9.99 (give or take $1) directly from Amazon. Even during sales they rarely drop that low.

But hey don't take my word for it, let's check out CamelCamelCemel. Granted they miss some sales (like say lightning deals or something) but for the most part their tracking is very reliable:

Season 1 (lowest: $13.49)
Season 2 (lowest: $13.49)
Season 3 (lowest: $10.99)
Season 4 (lowest: $11.49)

None of those sales that are even close to $9.99 have been on a regular basis either, they were for very limited periods according to the graphs. So are you claiming you're correct and CCC is wrong?[/QUOTE]

I've seen them for $9.99 give or take, perhaps not that recent though since I stopped watching them. I know they have though.

This is slightly off topic, but amazon really needs to have another anime sale. Their prices kind of suck compared to what they have been in the past right now.

[quote name='Zaku77']This is slightly off topic, but amazon really needs to have another anime sale. Their prices kind of suck compared to what they have been in the past right now.[/QUOTE]

They normally run one for new years, so it may be a more or two more before then.

Thank you for ordering from Right Stuf, Inc. - Your Anime Superstore!
Unfortunately we are unable to ship your complete order due to the unforeseen demand for the item listed below, or your item is not yet released
Maaaaaan, I guess I won't get it early =(

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm hopeful for a black friday one, but new years is definitely a good bet.[/QUOTE]

They dumped some anime blu's into last year's sale, so I would keep an eye out just in case for this time around.

You never know. :3

[quote name='Vampjoe']Did you get that today?[/QUOTE]

I got one too. RightStuf likes to send these things out all the time for preorders. I must have gotten three of them when I preordered the first DragonBox, and I still got it a week-or-so early.

Granted, we're rapidly approaching the release date, but still.

EDIT: I should note that my order on RightStuf's website has been updated to say that all of the items have been "Reserved for your order", where as seasons one and four were both backordered last week.

[quote name='Hao']I got one too. RightStuf likes to send these things out all the time for preorders. I must have gotten three of them when I preordered the first DragonBox, and I still got it a week-or-so early.

Granted, we're rapidly approaching the release date, but still.

EDIT: I should note that my order on RightStuf's website has been updated to say that all of the items have been "Reserved for your order", where as seasons one and four were both backordered last week.[/QUOTE]

Mine says the same thing.

This is the first time I've ordered from RightStuf, my ship date says Nov. 11 but says Not Yet Shipped under Status. What does that mean? Has it shipped or not?

[quote name='Vampjoe']Mine says the same thing.

This is the first time I've ordered from RightStuf, my ship date says Nov. 11 but says Not Yet Shipped under Status. What does that mean? Has it shipped or not?[/QUOTE]

It means it hasn't shipped yet it will say it's been shipped when it does ignore the date.

Guess what arrived in the mail today :D

dscf0164fl.jpg

bread's done
Back