NXE Avatars: Will Yours Resemble You?

To me, every avatar I have seen in this thread look pretty much the same.
So I guess that means I don't care. I think they are ugly as hell.

[quote name='help1']The avatar customizer makes some of you guys with longer hair look like girls, no offense.[/quote]

I am offendeds! I think my avatar makes me look more masculine...

[quote name='Poor2More']400 MS Points Sir! count on it, it will be really damn neat, they should have it with upcoming games when you unlock certain achievments, you unlock items for your avatars[/quote]

I would actually consider using points on certain costumes. :oops:

i m prrt uof teh problm

Mine looks just like me (see my sig.). Much improved over the Miis. It's just a shame that's a bit too late.

PS. I don't wear a chain like that, LOL. It just looks nice on my avatar.

[quote name='Draekon']Well I have 1000/1000 and I don't have the outfit. Unless it requires me to pop Fallout 3 in again to get it or something.

EDIT: Yeah, not available unless it suddenly becomes enabled after tomorrow update.[/quote]

While I believe this rumor is 100% false, didn't you beat it on the PC?

[quote name='Trakan']While I believe this rumor is 100% false, didn't you beat it on the PC?[/quote]

Yeah, but it shouldn't matter since it's tied to Xbox/Windows Live. Figured I'd try check it since it didn't hurt to anyways and I wanted to check out the new Windows Live interface that was recently put out.

[quote name='Draekon']Yeah, but it shouldn't matter since it's tied to Xbox/Windows Live. Figured I'd try check it since it didn't hurt to anyways and I wanted to check out the new Windows Live interface that was recently put out.[/quote]

If the rumor would be true, I would suspect it would be tied to the X360 achievements only.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If the rumor would be true, I would suspect it would be tied to the X360 achievements only.[/quote]

If it were true, that could make sense since I believe Fallout 3 is the only Windows Live achievement enabled game that doesn't share achievements with its 360 counterpart. I could definitely see Microsoft being asshats like that.

More or less spot-on. May have to make him a bit taller, as I appear to be a midget.

[quote name='Draekon']If it were true, that could make sense since I believe Fallout 3 is the only Windows Live achievement enabled game that doesn't share achievements with its 360 counterpart. I could definitely see Microsoft being asshats like that.[/quote]

Doesn't share achievements?

[quote name='Trakan']Doesn't share achievements?[/quote]

Seperate achievement lists. When I try and compare achievements with the 360 version of Fallout 3 with mine, it won't work and the other person will show up as if they gained none or vise versa. However I can compare my achievements in Universe at War (PC) to people who have the 360 version.

Basically means I can play the PC and 360 version of Fallout 3 and get 1000/1000 on each for a total of 2000. However with Universe at War, I can't do that and can only gain a maximum of 1000/1000. Similar to how some Asian versions have their own achievement listing seperate from the North American version.

[quote name='Draekon']Seperate achievement lists. When I try and compare achievements with the 360 version of Fallout 3 with mine, it won't work and the other person will show up as if they gained none or vise versa. However I can compare my achievements in Universe at War (PC) to people who have the 360 version.

Basically means I can play the PC and 360 version of Fallout 3 and get 1000/1000 on each for a total of 2000. However with Universe at War, I can't do that and can only gain a maximum of 1000/1000. Similar to how some Asian versions have their own achievement listing seperate from the North American version.[/quote]

Interesting...didn't know any games had shared achievements.

[quote name='Draekon']Seperate achievement lists. When I try and compare achievements with the 360 version of Fallout 3 with mine, it won't work and the other person will show up as if they gained none or vise versa. However I can compare my achievements in Universe at War (PC) to people who have the 360 version.

Basically means I can play the PC and 360 version of Fallout 3 and get 1000/1000 on each for a total of 2000. However with Universe at War, I can't do that and can only gain a maximum of 1000/1000. Similar to how some Asian versions have their own achievement listing seperate from the North American version.[/quote]

That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. Lots of games have separate lists. Gears of War and Shadowrun off the top of my head.

I'll probably try to make an avatar that looks like me, but I honestly can't see myself spending more than five minutes designing a character. It it looks like me, fine; if it doesn't, fine. I really don't care.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Seeing as how I'm not a woman, mine obviously doesn't look like me. I prefer female characters.[/quote]

The, uh, ambiguity jokes write themselves, here. Something about the "inner you". ;)

Everyone is using the "metal" shirt, as I suspected. It's only going to get worse tomorrow. Time for me to find something else.

mine looks kinda like me...i wear cargo shorts quite a bit but my wife makes fun and tells me my avatar looks like he's wearing cargo capri's...prolly change that tonight

I wish there was a soul patch. Even with my Mii I was able to make one out of placing a tiny mustache. I want more clothing options and uses for these avatars immediately. Uno is pretty cool though.

Never expected my avatar to look like me, pleasantly surprised. Though the there's not much to pick from facial hair wise and limited clothing means everyone is going to have the same pair of jeans on cause it's the only decent selection. I feel gross saying it but I'd pay for good looking clothes for my avatar... :bomb:

[quote name='KaneRobot']Everyone is using the "metal" shirt, as I suspected. It's only going to get worse tomorrow. Time for me to find something else.[/quote]

I just wanted a plain black shirt :bomb:

Yeah, they seriously need to improve on the clothing/color selection. :lol: Just from this thread which is under 100 posts:

[quote name='Chase']Oh, and they should add video game character costumes. That would be great. :whistle2:#[/quote]

I'd totally sport the Halo helmet, carrying the Gears Chainsaw while wearing a Castle Crashers tunic (the green one ... since it's my fav color)! :bouncy: :bouncy:

Here's mine:

The painted-on beard and non-removable gold chain (wtf?) aren't too great, but the "tired" wrinkles are quite accurate! haha

Meh. I did mine kinda quick. I need to get a haircut and then change my avatar. Took a quick (and of course unflattering) pic on my laptops webcam.

15g7z4j.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back