NY State Governor Elliott Spitzer involved in a prostitution ring!

it's interesting that transporting a prostitute across state lines is what triggers a federal investigation
it's also unfortunate that there is a great deal of corruption in the state government level at albany, and these events will supercede any efforts to untrench those individuals
also, we talk about being desensitized to violence and sex in videogames or tv, but my initial reaction of not beeing surprised by yet more government scandal is a far scarier sign of being desensitized.

[quote name='javeryh']Legalize it![/quote]

Might as well. The world's oldest profession isn't going away, so just legalize that shit already and make these pimps and bitches pay some taxes and get regular health checkups.

[quote name='xpag406']
This just sickens me.[/quote]

It sickens me too that this is news.

Who cares!?! It should be legal anyways.

[quote name='javeryh']Legalize it![/quote]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=175177

I think they should. I think it is an incredible waste of taxpayer dollars to fight it. I don't know about you, but I'd rather the police and government fight MS-13, identity theft or something worthwhile. Single adults can do it in certain areas of Nevada and the world hasn't come to an end yet.

I DO think married adults should be taken to the cleaners by their spouses if they do it though.

From an article - looks like 'ol Spitzer is a Class-A hypocrite:

As attorney general, he also had prosecuted at least two prostitution rings as head of the state’s organized crime task force.

In one such case in 2004, Mr. Spitzer spoke with revulsion and anger after announcing the arrest of 16 people for operating a high-end prostitution ring out of Staten Island.

“”This was a sophisticated and lucrative operation with a multitiered management structure,” Mr. Spitzer said at the time. ”It was, however, nothing more than a prostitution ring.”

[quote name='GuilewasNK']
I DO think married adults should be taken to the cleaners by their spouses if they do it though.[/quote]

I agree, but the key phrase is.... BY THEIR SPOUSES. The government has no right to do anything.

And he's a hypocrite! Shocking for someone in the government to be a hypocrite! :lol:

[quote name='Zen Davis']A prostitute working a full 40 hour week could make $220,000 in a week.[/quote]

He or she would have to spend 1/2 of it on lotion though! Imagine the chaffing!!!!

Damn, this is so sickening. He is married and has three daughters and he was still doing this?

He gave no details but said his conduct “violates my, or any, sense of right and wrong.”

Then why the fuck did you do it?

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']From an article - looks like 'ol Spitzer is a Class-A hypocrite:

As attorney general, he also had prosecuted at least two prostitution rings as head of the state’s organized crime task force.

In one such case in 2004, Mr. Spitzer spoke with revulsion and anger after announcing the arrest of 16 people for operating a high-end prostitution ring out of Staten Island.

“”This was a sophisticated and lucrative operation with a multitiered management structure,” Mr. Spitzer said at the time. ”It was, however, nothing more than a prostitution ring.”[/quote]

Good point HH.

I couldn't care less about what consenting adults do, but nothing I like better then watching a hypocrite get outed.

None of these guys are saints and Spitzer seems to be better then most, but I'm not going to shed a tear.

On the other side of the coin, it almost goes without saying that there are alot of NY politicians who have done way worse but are willing to "play ball" with criminal elements in exchange for silence and more favors.

[quote name='javeryh']He or she would have to spend 1/2 of it on lotion though! Imagine the chaffing!!!![/quote]

For that kind of money, would she really care about the chaffing?

[quote name='ananag112']Damn, this is so sickening. He is married and has three daughters and he was still doing this?

He gave no details but said his conduct “violates my, or any, sense of right and wrong.”

Then why the fuck did you do it?[/quote]

It always amazes me how outraged ppl get because a guy gets a bj on the side, but they don't react half as emotionally when the govt wastes their hard-earned tax dollars due to corruption and incompetence.

[quote name='camoor']It always amazes me how outraged ppl get because a guy gets a bj on the side, but they don't react half as emotionally when the govt wastes their hard-earned tax dollars due to corruption and incompetence.[/QUOTE]

I get plenty mad at that as well.

As was pointed out earlier, he is a hypocrite. Sure he is not the only one, but he was portrayed as "good guy" in the media who was tough on crimes like these.

[quote name='ananag112']I get plenty mad at that as well.

As was pointed out earlier, he is a hypocrite. Sure he is not the only one, but he was portrayed as "good guy" in the media who was tough on crimes like these.[/quote]

It's not just you - I'm talking about the general population. This is going to probably kill his career, while thoroughly corrupt and wasteful politicians such as Ted Stevens are still walking around.

There were high hopes for Spitzer. Wasn't he also involved in another controversy relating to spying or some other dubious practice or something? If so this mans asshole quotient apparently grows by the month...

Damn shame... for his wife. She's definitely a milf. As for this clusterfuck, well, my sig should be quite clear on my stance on that.

[quote name='strayfoxx']There were high hopes for Spitzer. Wasn't he also involved in another controversy relating to spying or some other dubious practice or something? If so this mans asshole quotient apparently grows by the month...[/quote]
He apparently had his aids use state records to dig up dirt on his opponents or something along those lines.

Hahaha, I can't wait to find out how Spitzer got set up and stung in this one.

Not saying he isn't guilty, there is no doubt about that. Just that he made a LOT of enemies on Wall Street and beyond, so I'm wondering who leaked this.

He's definitely a complete hypocrite, and I've just sensed for years this guy was a phony - all those cases as district attorney, attorney general...going after any and every company and industry he could think of while making damn sure his name was always in the press...always touting his tough anti-corporate victories.

You just knew he was a damn gloryhound, hell it got him into the NY governor's seat and gave him delusions of a White House run. I'm sure that guy has skeletons all up in his closet beyond this...

[quote name='jaykrue']Damn shame... for his wife. She's definitely a milf. As for this clusterfuck, well, my sig should be quite clear on my stance on that.[/quote]

MILF?!? Ummm whah?!?!?

url

[quote name='ananag112']Damn, this is so sickening. He is married and has three daughters and he was still doing this?

Exactly, he had 3 perfectly good daughters he could have gotten for free. BINGO!

[quote name='karkyco']MILF?!? Ummm whah?!?!?

url
[/quote]

I stand by my statement. :razz: I like women w/ beautiful smiles & age gracefully. If this woman can drop 3 babies & still look like this, she's a keeper:

20070425cramerat2.jpg

image002dl5.jpg

You know the only reason her (soon-to-be ex) husband cheated on her is that she wouldn't snowball him. :lol:

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Spitzer resigning Monday the 17th. In other news, It'd be you and only you with me, Silda baby.[/quote]

fuck you man! I saw her first! :bomb::lol:;)

Yeah, you're right, she ain't half bad. Downright nice in that last pick on the seat. Yeah apparently he was in to some really kinky stuff.

And gang tats on the hand.

"I can carry on conversation AND roll a blunt while I drive WITH a Tek 9 in my lap, nuccka."

[quote name='TC']Give me a break. Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick makes this guy look like a saint.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. Kwame is horrible. Let's see the things he's done (not a complete list)

1) Spent public money on a Navigator for his wife for personal use, lied about it, had the police chief lie about it

2) Put almost all his family members into public positions/charity postiions. Forced anyone doing business to give heavily to these chariities that donated very little if any of the money.

3) Oh and the big one, fired 2 cops for investigating his affair, and then paid them $9 when they got proof to cover it up. Also worked his ass off to keep that truth from coming out.

Oh yeah, and this guy not only has a job, but still has pockets of strong support in the city, since the suburbs are trying to bring down a successful black man.

Yeah, and we wonder why Michigan/Detroit is going down the crapper.

Yeah thats the ultra Cliff's Notes version. Kwame is straight gangster. Text messages about cheating on his wife on city phones just for fun. Those two cops alone cost the city close to $10million.

One of my favorites is the guy he personally hired to work for the City of Detroit had to pay thousands in back taxes before he could start his new "job".

[quote name='lordxixor101']Tell me about it. Kwame is horrible. Let's see the things he's done (not a complete list)

1) Spent public money on a Navigator for his wife for personal use, lied about it, had the police chief lie about it

2) Put almost all his family members into public positions/charity postiions. Forced anyone doing business to give heavily to these chariities that donated very little if any of the money.

3) Oh and the big one, fired 2 cops for investigating his affair, and then paid them $9 when they got proof to cover it up. Also worked his ass off to keep that truth from coming out.

Oh yeah, and this guy not only has a job, but still has pockets of strong support in the city, since the suburbs are trying to bring down a successful black man.

Yeah, and we wonder why Michigan/Detroit is going down the crapper.[/QUOTE]

Did you see Kwame drop the N-Bomb on his address to the city that was broadcast by every local station in Detroit? Yes the mayor of Detroit uses the N work on TV. Classic.

[quote name='lordxixor101']Tell me about it. Kwame is horrible. [/QUOTE]

Yeah - where is the PC-crowd denouncing his comments? I thought that word was given a burial or something like that last year, wasn't it? :roll:

[quote name='lordxixor101']Yeah, and we wonder why Michigan/Detroit is going down the crapper.[/quote]

Never heard anyone wondering about that before...

Yeah but, Kwame is bringing ninja back!!

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Yeah - where is the PC-crowd denouncing his comments? I thought that word was given a burial or something like that last year, wasn't it? :roll:[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back