Nyko Media Hub+ for $4.99 at Kmart(originally $19.99)-possibly YMMV

These were mainly designed with the PS3 in mind and could come in handy for those of you with a two USB port PS3.

Besides adding three USB ports it also contains a port for memory cards for digital cameras and such.

This is the item I'm talking about: http://www.nyko.com/products/product-detail/?name=Media+Hub+

e78b923696317542

Not compatible with the PS3 slim.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cranguy']Your PS3 only has 1 USB port?[/QUOTE]
No. Both PS3's I have had had 2 USB ports. But I deducted the USB port that the hub would be using from my math.
[quote name='MillerTime2523']I think a majority of people in this thread need to get laid. I mean.. Really? :roll:[/QUOTE]
:applause:Amen. Word usage nazis are the worst though, imo. Mind you, I still get irked when I see people use than and then wrong, so I'm just as bad at times.

IATCG's right - it does add 3! You could put it next to your ps3 - or even better, glue it on, and you've got 3 additional ports.

As long as you don't connect it!

[quote name='pfp']IATCG's right - it does add 3! You could put it next to your ps3 - or even better, glue it on, and you've got 3 additional ports.

As long as you don't connect it![/QUOTE]

You could just buy two and plug one into each of the two ports on the PS3, then you would have added 4 ports, but definitely not added 3. And certainly not added 6 - you would have a total of 6. Clearly shown by the following math...

2 x (3 - 1) = 4 != 3

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I think a majority of people in this thread need to get laid. I mean.. Really? :roll:[/QUOTE]

LOL, ya and smoke a fatty!

[quote name='cupcakex1']So these don't work on the Slims? Also is this on clearance or is it a price drop at all K-marts?[/QUOTE]
It seems like a price drop, since it would otherwise be priced $4.97 because Kmart started taking on the pricing like Sears(which ends in 7) uses to denote clearance prices a while back.

Although whoever labeled the one I picked up put a yellow clearance sticker on it, though I've also seen that with other games/items before that weren't clearance as well.

You know, I picked one of these up last week but didn't think it was a big enough deal to post a thread. Now I wish I had, if only to avoid the disaster this has turned into.

IAmTheCheapestGamer, I say this in full seriousness, is English your first language? Simply because you seem to be confused over the full meaning of the word "add."

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ragnorok64']
IAmTheCheapestGamer, I say this in fully seriousness, is English your first language? Simply because you seem to be confused over the fully meaning of the word "add."[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you saw this coming ^^.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']IAmTheCheapestGamer, I say this in full seriousness, is English your first language? Simply because you seem to be confused over the full meaning of the word "add."[/QUOTE]
No habla Englais por favor.;) I didn't think how I worded it was such a big deal. Apparently I was 'wrong'. I keep forgetting internet is serious business and how dare I misspeak and be 'wrong' with my math.

But it happened, people had to nitpick my wording and it's over.

[quote name='Bezerker']Wouldnt it technically only add two since you are using one and it has 3?[/QUOTE]
Technically yes. But you're getting three back via the hub for that one you lose.:razz:

[quote name='bezerker']wouldnt it technically only add two since you are using one and it has 3?[/quote]

No! It has three slots. Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that it adds three slots!!! You're wrong, stop nitpicking and being an asshole!!!

Anybody that says anything different is being an immature douchebag!!!!!

They're also fanboys and employees of whatever I'm arguing against!!!

[quote name='PublikDefender']but does it work on the ps3 slim or not? anyone try it yet?[/QUOTE]
No. I'm fairly certain it's physically impossible to fit this into a slim.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']No. I'm fairly certain it's physically impossible to fit this into a slim.[/QUOTE]
You'd have to use a little usb cable extender, there are better solutions out there.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']No. I'm fairly certain it's physically impossible to fit this into a slim.[/QUOTE]

It won't fit as intended but you could always get a USB extension cable and hook it up that way. Something like this.

Sure you can. Nothing wrong with a little brute force! :bouncy:

Can't fit a 10 gallon hat on a 2 gallon head.

Props if anyone knows where the quotes from. It's obscure, and from a show that probably predates most members of this board.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No habla Englais por favor.;) I didn't think how I worded it was such a big deal. Apparently I was 'wrong'. I keep forgetting internet is serious business and how dare I misspeak and be 'wrong' with my math.

But it happened, people had to nitpick my wording and it's over.[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why you're acting hurt by this. No one even insulted you. You are the one calling us "dumbasses" and getting pissed. I mean really are you trying to play the good guy in this too? Because that kind of goes out the window when others are being civil and you're raging.

bread's done
Back