o dang Henry Hatsworth! puzzle / platform hybrid

Does every stage in the game have a part where you stop and kill enemies for a few minutes? I don't like those parts. Kills the momentum.

[quote name='pete5883']Does every stage in the game have a part where you stop and kill enemies for a few minutes? I don't like those parts. Kills the momentum.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, yes.

This game is beyond brilliant. Wow.

A villain who pelvic thrusts heart missiles from his belt buckle?

I hate you if you don't buy this game.

[quote name='Strell']This game is beyond brilliant. Wow.

A villain who pelvic thrusts heart missiles from his belt buckle?

I hate you if you don't buy this game.[/QUOTE]

Are you certain you didnt fire up Cho Aniki on the VC?

So, I finally finished this today. The ambushes in 5-1 were so punishing that I really didn't want to play much anymore after finishing 5-1, but 5-2 through the end were fun again. If I may impart some advice: the boomerang will save your life.

[quote name='foltzie']Just had my copy delivered, happened to show up in my Amazon Gold Box. Will give it a whirl this evening.[/QUOTE]

Oh my, this is just a delightful little game. I have some qualms, but if you told me Nintendo had developed this title as a sequel of sorts to Princess Peach.

Oh my, what a pleasant surprise.

This feels like an, for lack of a better word, "adult" version of Super Princess Peach.

And a special Good Show for the Eddie Izzard reference.

I've gotten to level 4-4... Is it worth it to try and finish this? I'm getting frustrated and have a huge backlog. Is it just more of the same for the next 1.5 levels?

I'd say it's more of the same. But I also think if you can pass 5-1, you can finish it without much problem. I hope I'm remembering the levels right.

Yeah I think I'm going to put this game down for a while. Not like I can't come back to it in the future to complete it, but I've got Scribblenauts, GTA Chinatown Wars, and Rhythm Heaven all sitting unopened right now.

excellent EA game on DS :) I have extra sealed copy anyone out there have extra sealed game for trade?

Anyone live around FRYS store?
Dragon Quest 5 (DS)
Steal Princess (DS)
Elitebits (DS)

I'll second the notion: 5-1 is much more frustrating than any of the levels that come after. You might be tempted to stop if you think there are just 4 or 5 more levels with the same gameplay, but the next few levels (while hard) are actually more ingenious and fun than just plugging along and getting endlessly ambushed.

Remember to use all of your weapons wisely. When your boomerang/bomb/shot is still in the air, and you switch to puzzle mode and clear enough blocks, it greatly increases the size and potency of the weapons. Before coming to an "ambush area", let your blocks on the bottom screen rise a little so you'll have enough to use during the ambush. It also doesn't hurt to save up your tea time for every ambush you can, and to wait until midway through the ambush to activate it (not the beginning).

I can't believe how hard the first boss for Henry Hatsworth is. I've died at least 6 times already. Got her down to at least a 3rd of her HP only to die...

Edit: Of course, as soon as I post this, I manage to beat her on my next try. I realized that firing multiple shots at once, then pumping up their power with the puzzles was really effective. Not sure why I didn't think of this before. Guess I'm still learning the mechanics.

Ahh yes, it is classically hard and classically cheap in some areas, but press on... I made it to the final boss with only minor grinding.

Reminds me... I need to get my tochus back to finish that fellow off.

bread's done
Back